• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Chaos17

No need to PM.

1. Go to http://www.withhive.com/ and sign in with your hive account
2. Click View All
3. Accept everyone under Suggested Friends. 3 new people will show up
4. Repeat 3 forever

I added about 300, up to you when to stop. You need the person to accept your invite, so that's why I added a lot. Then just wait. Periodically close and restart DB, then go into Friends -> Invite Friends -> Hive. If you see a button that says "Game Invite", click it to increase your count. You need 40 of those.

I signed with my Google account, same that I'm using for DB but the game is not showing in my Hive account :x

Edit : nevermind, I'm dumb.

zanyu

This Hive friend thing seems a bit annoying and buggy. I'll keep trying for a few more days to try and get my SS.

A lot of their free rubies from mobile games I never received, like Million Arthur, I actually even played a whole chapter, never got my 20 rubies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
This Hive friend thing seems a bit annoying and buggy. I'll keep trying for a few more days to try and get my SS.

A lot of their free rubies from mobile games I never received, like Million Arthur, I actually even played a whole chapter, never got my 20 rubies.

I guess gamevil has a system where it stops giving you suggest friends to add, I got to 500 or so but most of them are already DB players so I see "friend request". As he said before, you need a "game invite" button in order to get credit

Yaari

Not a single essence yesterday. They are really hard to get.
Will be months before I can ascend if I don't buy them.

Vitanimus

so my allies all feel really squishy now that i've gotten to the castle area in legend. is it worth grinding raids to get better equipment for them all or just suck it up and keep trying? i don't spend ages on equipment to replace in a couple of days

Chaos17

so my allies all feel really squishy now that i've gotten to the castle area in legend. is it worth grinding raids to get better equipment for them all or just suck it up and keep trying? i don't spend ages on equipment to replace in a couple of days

That's what we all did when it began it get tough.

Einbroch

Banned
Levels make a massive difference. I remember going from getting wiped to clearing 10+ stages in a row easy because I gained a few levels.

I think that's their plan. The premium rolls rates are so crappy, has to be a money sink somewhere.

I was getting a decent amount. Keep in mind, you're not going to be needing more than 1 or 2 of these any time soon. If you use shoes to farm ally fodder you should gradually acquire all the essences you need at a reasonable pace

I know RNG and all, but halfway though 56 and i have 4

garath

I was getting a decent amount. Keep in mind, you're not going to be needing more than 1 or 2 of these any time soon. If you use shoes to farm ally fodder you should gradually acquire all the essences you need at a reasonable pace

I mean, it's definitely RNG but I haven't seen a single one. I've done almost all the new story and have been grinding a single stage for rapport and xp with about 200 shoes. So I'm maybe 400-500 shoes into this without a single essence, let alone the specific one I'm going to need (eventually.. I'm nowhere near ascension myself)

I mean, it's definitely RNG but I haven't seen a single one. I've done almost all the new story and have been grinding a single stage for rapport and xp with about 200 shoes. So I'm maybe 400-500 shoes into this without a single essence, let alone the specific one I'm going to need (eventually.. I'm nowhere near ascension myself)

I edited my above post to mention my rate. This seems a lot like roses. You can go forever without getting one, but when it rains it pours

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm a bit over 57 and have 4. All I need to ascend my archer is gold and the aforementioned essences. I have 1 for archer, so I would have to spend 270 gems. I have that many gems thanks to the new unit rapports, but I was hoping to be able to get at least 4 or 5 myself. Just not happening. You almost HAVE to spend some gems on getting up to 10. The drop rate is too bad, and even when you get a drop, it's probably for the wrong class. A brutal system that is just meant to eat your gems, but in all fairness, you do get a pretty uber unit.

commish

Spider boss. It's pretty easy and I can do it without using allies or paying attention. Also has a chance to drop essences, but I only got one from it.

Ventara

Spider boss. It's pretty easy and I can do it without using allies or paying attention. Also has a chance to drop essences, but I only got one from it.

Yeah, that's the one I'm doing, too, except I still kinda struggle on it, though I can usually make it with an ally without paying attention.

Kalavaras

Banned
I think I was doing the last stage of Hermit something. Im 56 and I've found one essence.

I haven't made any calculations what I might be able to build up today with the enhancing buff but I hope I'll get my Pitch to Ultimate and then I might purchase the parts to turn her to Bloodwind. I'm not even sure if I have the gold to do it.

garath

Of course right after complaining about the drop rate, I got a deathcrown essence. Guess it's better than nothing. More inventory crap to hold onto though :/

Man this HIVE system is a fucking mess. Considering how well done the online functionality of the actual game is, it's really laughable how shitty HIVE is. Just as an example, when you use the Friend Invite thing to invite someone, it just sends them a message that says "Are you ready to unlock the mystery?" But no link, nothing indicating what game the message is for, nothing. Completely fucking useless. What mystery? WTF is this person talking about? I've also found at least 20 ridiculous bugs in the web interface for adding people, not to mention how confusing and shitty the UI is in game for doing this.

JigsawX

Gotten 3 so far but it's one of each. Probably going to end up buying some. How much exp is the slider runs? I farm the 2nd to last area boss. With my 55% bonus exp it ranged from 800k to 1.1 million

KimChi

Man this HIVE system is a fucking mess. Considering how well done the online functionality of the actual game is, it's really laughable how shitty HIVE is. Just as an example, when you use the Friend Invite thing to invite someone, it just sends them a message that says "Are you ready to unlock the mystery?" But no link, nothing indicating what game the message is for, nothing. Completely fucking useless. What mystery? WTF is this person talking about? I've also found at least 20 ridiculous bugs in the web interface for adding people, not to mention how confusing and shitty the UI is in game for doing this.

lol are we seeing the same message? I clearly see the Download hyperlink at the end of the "Are you ready to unlock the mystery?" that goes straight to the dragon blaze google play store :p

Still have yet to find a single essence as well oh wells, roses didnt drop that well for me either not expecting to find too much. Might just buy the essences with my 4k rubies i've hoarded lol.

Sciel

Enhance fail bonus is a joke. First time every hitting like 60%+ enhance bonus. Honestly, Its like they deliberately reduced the success rate to compensate for the bonus.

Enhance fail bonus is a joke. First time every hitting like 60%+ enhance bonus. Honestly, Its like they deliberately reduced the success rate to compensate for the bonus.

Are you saying that you suspect when they say Success Rate N Enhance Bonus M, that the true rate of success is not N+M? Like they're lying or something? Honest question.

Sciel

Are you saying that you suspect when they say Success Rate N Enhance Bonus M, that the true rate of success is not N+M? Like they're lying or something? Honest question.
Yes. But then it could just be really shitty rng. Let me know your experiences when its out on the other servers.

Yes. But then it could just be really shitty rng. Let me know your experiences when its our on the other servers.

Will do. FWIW about 4 days ago I used 17 C's to level up an S 1 time. The enhance bonus got up to 48% or so with an increment of 3% every time. The chances of that happening are astronomically low, but sometimes shit happens.

Out of curiosity, what rank were you trying to enhance, and what sequence of fodders did you use?

Sciel

Will do. FWIW about 4 days ago I used 17 C's to level up an S 1 time. The enhance bonus got up to 48% or so with an increment of 3% every time. The chances of that happening are astronomically low, but sometimes shit happens.

Out of curiosity, what rank were you trying to enhance, and what sequence of fodders did you use?

Was trying to enhance S units. Used a combination of B and C ranks.

Is the bonus multiplicative or additive? In other words, for using a C on an S, normally it's 10% success, 3% failure bonus. When you fail, does this make the failure bonus 3*1.3 = 4, or 3 + 30 = 33?

I have to imagine it's the former, but i just ran some numbers on it and that does almost 0 to affect the expected number of fodder required to level up, which is really unfortunate.

My Gram from +6 to MAX using 2 duplicate S units when chapter 2 rolled out. The ally enhance bonus was definitely in effect in the short timespan before midnight.

My Gram from +6 to MAX using 2 duplicate S units when chapter 2 rolled out. The ally enhance bonus was definitely in effect in the short timespan before midnight.

Are you saying you got a level up on the first attempt twice in arow? Because if so, my understanding is that you didn't even experience the ally enhance bonus. I thought it said that the bonus is applied to the failure bonus. In other words, in your case you were enhancing an SSS with an S. Normally that would be 25% success with 7% failure bonus. My understanding is that with this buff, it will still be 25% success, but with a 9% failure bonus.

commish

Anyone else having nonstop disconnects today? I've been able to finish one round all day...

commish

Might just be where I am. I was able to connect in a different part of the building a bit ago. I blame Obama.

Ventara

I've done 37 runs so far and I've gotten 4 essences (1 of each except priest). Not bad. Also, level 56 gear is amazing. Even A and B rank ones. I'm definitely gonna do my best to level up as quickly as possible to use whatever level 60 gear there is.

Same. Even if I had the potion for double XP, I wouldn't be near them, and I felt like I did so many runs.

I was getting about 1.2 million / run with the 30% boost and 65% from rings. Doing the math that means 1.95 x Base = 1.2 million. So base exp is about 615384. So if you add in a double exp potion, then it would be about 1.8 million per run. I think the levels are 55m, 60m, 65m, 70m, 75m. For a total of 325m. At 1.8 million per run, that would take about 180 runs, or 360 shoes. Not that bad if you put it in perspective like that. I mean it's still a lot, but it's easy to see why some people are maxed out. I did way more runs than that farming for the rose brooch. Only costs 9 rubies for 20 shoes.

garath

Same. Even if I had the potion for double XP, I wouldn't be near them, and I felt like I did so many runs.

Yeah. Like, I've pretty much had my phone in my lap all day at work yesterday running with 3 xp% accessories on and achieved level 56. Today I haven't been grinding near as hard and I'm about 3/4 through 56. To get to 60 in this period of time is just mind boggling.

JigsawX

I was getting about 1.2 million / run with the 30% boost and 65% from rings. Doing the math that means 1.95 x Base = 1.2 million. So base exp is about 615384. So if you add in a double exp potion, then it would be about 1.8 million per run. I think the levels are 55m, 60m, 65m, 70m, 75m. For a total of 325m. At 1.8 million per run, that would take about 180 runs, or 360 shoes. Not that bad if you put it in perspective like that. I mean it's still a lot, but it's easy to see why some people are maxed out. I did way more runs than that farming for the rose brooch. Only costs 9 rubies for 20 shoes.

Which boss were you farming?

garath

So the general consensus is almost never use S rank allies as fodder, instead combine them to SS? I did just make a brand new SS using nothing but C rank fodder as an experiment and it went pretty well. Cost about 200k and took a little while to get that much C fodder but it worked.

Trying to enhance a SS with only B is going a lot slower. Not as many Bs drop.

Trying to enhance an SSS with only A is even slower. But I'm ok with that. As and Ss are pretty rare.

Money comes pretty quick. All the grinding rapport and leveling I'm doing is yielding a good amount of money just from stages. Two of my accessories for leveling have % gold as well.

Top Bottom