• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Any reason to hold onto my old SS tank when I now have SSS pirate Byron? Can't think of an instance where I really wish I had two taunt tanks in my party. He's really well equipped but if I can make another SSS out of him that might be a worthy sacrifice.

Problem with 2 taunt tanks is that they tend to autocast their taunt skills at the same time. This is especially bad when one of them is at 25% hp and really shouldn't be taunting at all. -_-

I think 2 tank is overkill. At some points I question having one at all.

7 Essence in this 2hr40min grinding window. Not bad. Wish it werent 4 Deathcrown though. But hey.

Depends on the tanks and circumstances.

Ventara

amdRaMw.jpg

I'll give you 2 guesses who won, lol.

JigsawX

Decided to pop a double exp potion since I have a ton of shoes leveled up. Prob hit 60 tonight or tomorrow. So far 0 essences have dropped for me today, makes me sad.

I think tonight i'm burn through all my rubies (stocked bout 2.6k) and try to make a Max Bloodwind. 700 rubies going to the essences alone makes me a sad panda.

Decided to pop a double exp potion since I have a ton of shoes leveled up. Prob hit 60 tonight or tomorrow. So far 0 essences have dropped for me today, makes me sad.

I think tonight i'm burn through all my rubies (stocked bout 2.6k) and try to make a Max Bloodwind. 700 rubies going to the essences alone makes me a sad panda.

Which stage are you farming? I've found Crystal Palace 6 to be best

JigsawX

Which stage are you farming? I've found Crystal Palace 6 to be best

So far been doing Pilgrams Road Boss stage when I have allies, goes from 1.4-2 million roughly. If no friends up or don't want to watch the auto for scrolls I do Spider Boss for 1.3-1.5 million usually. How much does Crystal Palace #6 give?

So far been doing Pilgrams Road Boss stage when I have allies, goes from 1.4-2 million roughly. If no friends up or don't want to watch the auto for scrolls I do Spider Boss for 1.3-1.5 million usually. How much does Crystal Palace #6 give?

I just got 1.9 million with potion + 67% from accessories. Drops really nice equipment though

Takes a really long time though, which is good for saving rubies on shoes, but bad if you just want to get it done

Sciel

Well I think I'm finally going to give in and spend some rubies tonight. I'm sitting at about 3600 right now, but I need to start enhancing my SSS's. I made it to right before shadowcrag in Myth mode with 0 ally enhancements other than Ranran at +MAX, but my characters are just dying too fast with the stats/HP they currently have. It kills me to enhance any SSS before I have a solid party that I really like, as I don't want to waste the chances to get even better SSS's.

Some advice if you guys don't mind:

Right now for SSS's I have Patta, Fulson, Pearla, and Loki. I am a DoD Rogue (55). Lately I've been using Myself, Patta, Fulson, Loki, and Ranran as my healer (best I have). Would you guys recommend this party setup for my group, or swap in Pearla for that attack buff + AoE? Of all the units I have, I'm least impressed with Fulson, but I wouldn't hate enhancing him to eventually turn into Greysoul. My priority still remains needing a healer though, so I'd like to enhance as little as I have to and concentrate on making new SSS's.
Patta
Loki
Ranran
<Whoever you want in last slot>

I have never been that impressed with Fulson. Yes, Vanish is nice but that is about it (he's a Percy with better stats + better self buff). As you said though, he would be a good candidate to enhance to eventually go Greysoul if you don't have any alternative.

I prefer Loki since he will destroy stuff once you give him crit gear and decent accuracy.

JigsawX

I just got 1.9 million with potion + 67% from accessories. Drops really nice equipment though

Takes a really long time though, which is good for saving rubies on shoes, but bad if you just want to get it done

Hmm it does take longer but 1st run was 1.9 million exp and dropped a new A ally. The choicessssss

Whizkid7

Thanks, I used to have the Shield Bash Ult, but respecced for season 2.

That's a humongous buff is true.

I unfortunately don't have enough tickets to give any sort of viable sample size, but I burned through what I had (~80) and took some quick notes. This is on Storm Tyrant Legend, FYI, since that's the farthest I've gotten, and I'm not counting any missed Shield Strikes or ones that hit while his immunity shield was up.

Out of 60 Shield Strikes, 29 of them stunned. Basic math puts that at 48%, so just slightly under 50%. I'm sure with a proper sample size we'd probably end up right around 50%, so yeah, probably not true, sadly.

Was able to squeeze out 58. Man, the grind is real. I wonder if I should spam arena a little bit while I'm ahead to try to rack up some points before more people start levelling up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, the gold grind to ascend is ridiculous. I accumulated about 1.5m and I thought that would be enough. Nope. Only got my Archer to Max +3 before running out of gold. Sheesh.

Hmm, was able to get Whay from 0 to +7 using nothing but 20 As.

Getting Gram from 0 to MAX took 27 A and 3 S units. That was extremely painful.

This ally enhance buff has helped me immensely. I think I've already saved on 10 premium pulls because of this.

Einbroch

Banned
Ally enhance buff sucked major ass tonight.

Failed a 94%. Wasted lots of allies getting a stupid SS to max.

I went from 65 allies to 28, all getting one SS to max, and I had 12 A's.

Ventara

Hmm, was able to get Whay from 0 to +7 using nothing but 20 As.

Getting Gram from 0 to MAX took 27 A and 3 S units. That was extremely painful.

This ally enhance buff has helped me immensely. I think I've already saved on 10 premium pulls because of this.

Now that's ridiculously lucky. Even with the bonus, you'd have to succeed at around 15% every time. And I think 27 A and 3 S to max an SSS is actually pretty lucky, too.

Had a few really unlucky enhances, but a few really lucky ones as well. What sucks is that I just blew through 500k like nothing, shits expensive. But i got 1 new SSS and 3 new SS. Got enough SS now to get 2 more SSS, which is all i need for ultimate (ignoring cost :-/)

Now that's ridiculously lucky. Even with the bonus, you'd have to succeed at around 15% every time. And I think 27 A and 3 S to max an SSS is actually pretty lucky, too.

Maxing Gram was extremely painful. I might have spent 5-6 more A units on him but it got to a point where he was at 39% and still not enhancing that I switched focus to Tyran and Mer.

Ventara

Had a few really unlucky enhances, but a few really lucky ones as well. What sucks is that I just blew through 500k like nothing, shits expensive. But i got 1 new SSS and 3 new SS. Got enough SS now to get 2 more SSS, which is all i need for ultimate (ignoring cost :-/)

What SSS did you get? And what Draco unit are you going for?

Maxing Gram was extremely painful. I might have spent 5-6 more A units on him but it got to a point where he was at 39% and still not enhancing that I switched focus to Tyran and Mer.

It's happened to me, too, but what I like to do is think of the ones I got lucky on and so it all pans out. Though more often than not there were very few lucky enhances, lol.

What SSS did you get? And what Draco unit are you going for?

It's happened to me, too, but what I like to do is think of the ones I got lucky on and so it all pans out. Though more often than not there were very few lucky enhances, lol.

I got Punisher Rar. Going for Bloodwind, have a Farq MAX+2 currently

KimChi

Woo managed 2 SSS combines (pitch and toori), enhanced Byron from 0->max, and 3 SS combines.
Was hoping for SSS healer but now I have 4 SSS lined up as fodder for ultimate lol,happy overall.

zanyu

So I spent 1 found essence + 60 rubies for the essences for just +1 on my Bloodwind.

I was so scared of failing I used 3 S.

I used 450 rubies to max out my Knight Tiel. I guess there's literally nothing for me to do other than farm XP and spam make SSS as fodder.

I feel confident that I have a strong team and don't even need to replace my teammates.

Main Team:
Draco Bloodwind +1
Knight Tiel + Max
Belle Snow + Max
Shabelle + Max

Assist:
Azur +2

I recently made a new SSS which was a dupe of Belle Snow, unsure if I should just use her as fodder or save her since she might be used as an angel base later.

I have to say that I have had some of the best RNG in this game ever since rolling some terrible SSS in the beginning. As a complete F2P and having a good team makes me so happy. ^_^

Einbroch

Banned
Convinced this buff is broken. How do you fail 72% three times in a row?

It's like I blew all my RNG on Pata as my first SSS and have gotten shit luck since. Frustrating.

Pejo

Patta
Loki
Ranran
<Whoever you want in last slot>

I have never been that impressed with Fulson. Yes, Vanish is nice but that is about it (he's a Percy with better stats + better self buff). As you said though, he would be a good candidate to enhance to eventually go Greysoul if you don't have any alternative.

I prefer Loki since he will destroy stuff once you give him crit gear and decent accuracy.

Cheers, that's what I think about Fulson too. He's a good rogue, but Loki seems to have way more top end, (not that i'm there quite yet).

I'd been saving a lot of fodder allies to make an SSS tonight with the % up on fail buff, and ended up getting Belle Snow, couldn't be happier. So now my party looks like:

Patta
Ranran
Loki
Belle Snow
Me

I've been noticing just how powerful she is as I'm getting her to level 55. She's unleashed Gram, Deathcrown, Tiel and a bunch of other great units. Can't wait to get her up to snuff, what a gamechanger.

Cheers, that's what I think about Fulson too. He's a good rogue, but Loki seems to have way more top end, (not that i'm there quite yet).

I'd been saving a lot of fodder allies to make an SSS tonight with the % up on fail buff, and ended up getting Belle Snow, couldn't be happier. So now my party looks like:

Patta
Ranran
Loki
Belle Snow
Me

I've been noticing just how powerful she is as I'm getting her to level 55. She's unleashed Gram, Deathcrown, Tiel and a bunch of other great units. Can't wait to get her up to snuff, what a gamechanger.

Man, if Belle Snow pulls in the Draco units, you're pretty much set for the match.

Rurunaki

My 53 DD Rogue is getting bodied at the first level of Myth difficulty.

Lineup is:

DD Rogue
Captain Shabelle (healer)
High Commander Patta (tank)
Knight Tiel (tank/support)
Black Snow

Should I farm Deathcrown Legend for armor/weapons? I can't do Deus Deathcrown conaistently to farm him.

StuffRuff

Any high level players on EU kind enough to let me add them as friends or add me?

Struggling with some of the last stages of Fortress and it would be much appreciated!

Character name: SlipperTop (Lvl 40 DoD Rogue)

My 53 DD Rogue is getting bodied at the first level of Myth difficulty.

Lineup is:

DD Rogue
Captain Shabelle (healer)
High Commander Patta (tank)
Knight Tiel (tank/support)
Black Snow

Should I farm Deathcrown Legend for armor/weapons? I can't do Deus Deathcrown conaistently to farm him.

I'd recommend skipping Legendary Deus because of the bullshit and just try to charge through to Myth Storm Tyrant. This is assuming that you have most of your red lvl 50 set. Once you get some levels in Myth, come back to kill Legendary Deus if you want, but going forward, you should be farming Myth raid sets.

Uthred

By and large this game is pretty good for a mobile game about the F2P stuff, no real gacha, lots of premium currency, ascenions mean everyone can eventually get top tier units, etc. The one thing thats a bit of an issue is the necessity of a healer for 4/5 classes, having nothing better than RanRan (well I have some shitty single target SS healer but single target healers feel more or less entirely useless) is becoming more and more of a hindrance. People mentioned Angels which are somewhat analogous to ascended units? Hopefully you can somehow choose a class for them

garath

I think 2 tank is overkill. At some points I question having one at all.

7 Essence in this 2hr40min grinding window. Not bad. Wish it werent 4 Deathcrown though. But hey.

What stage are you grinding? I've been doing spider boss and only got 1 deathcrown essence so far :/

Labyrinth maybe?

Good point. Two tanks is pretty nice in Labyrinth. But probably not nice enough to justify keeping him instead of making a new SSS.

Yaari

What stage are you grinding? I've been doing spider boss and only got 1 deathcrown essence so far :/

Good point. Two tanks is pretty nice in Labyrinth. But probably not nice enough to justify keeping him instead of making a new SSS.

I was also at the Spider boss. Just luck I guess. Today could be your time.
Got a Brightspark just now too. But if I want Blackaria I'm probably going to have to buy 9 Essences for it.

I'll see how today goes when I grind during the 30% exp window. I think I[ll give up on Arena. I'm on #7 but its getting very time consuming finding an opponent.

StuffRuff

Is there a system to knowing what makes a good or bad tier Ally? Are people looking and comparing base stats or something? Or is it all skill based?

For example, my main Tank is my SS Dark Lance. He's Tier 1 SS apparently, but I can't see that he has any outstanding skills? On the other hand I have a S Mystery King MAX who obviously has Taunt which is a huge plus. Does Dark Lance still make a better tank than my Mystery King for example because he's simply SS and high tier? Or does MK's Taunt outweigh all of that because its so useful? Then to go one further I also have a SSS Gar which I unfortunately pulled from the 21st Summon. Is he better than both of them simply because he's an SSS? Or is he below even MK as he's low tier SSS and doesn't have any redeeming skills?

Driving my self crazy with these tier lists lol probably shouldn't pay them too much attention I guess but I don't like to gimp myself unnecessarily and don't have the gear to make fair comparisons between the three of them just by playing which is also difficult without things like damage meters or stats.

Chaos17

People mentioned Angels which are somewhat analogous to ascended units? Hopefully you can somehow choose a class for them

Angels are the second race of asencsed allies, just liked the Boden are the third race in season 3. The ascension system renamed "Deify" is class restricted. Meaning you need to have in your party the class (SSS) you want to ascend.

Here the chart table list, credit PoweredByHentai

zcr6kfn.png

Is there a system to knowing what makes a good or bad tier Ally? Are people looking and comparing base stats or something? Or is it all skill based?

Both, though is skills based heavely.
For example, Fulson is ranked higher than Loki because his Evasion skill allow him to have a better survivability in general.
But the reality is that those tier list are not explained. So the better is to compare yourself and with the tier list.

My dark gnarl is really shitty tier, lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was also at the Spider boss. Just luck I guess. Today could be your time.
Got a Brightspark just now too. But if I want Blackaria I'm probably going to have to buy 9 Essences for it.

I'll see how today goes when I grind during the 30% exp window. I think I[ll give up on Arena. I'm on #7 but its getting very time consuming finding an opponent.

It's all just RNG. I've been farming spider boss and I have 6 Blackaria essences. My life for some archer essences!

By and large this game is pretty good for a mobile game about the F2P stuff, no real gacha, lots of premium currency, ascenions mean everyone can eventually get top tier units, etc. The one thing thats a bit of an issue is the necessity of a healer for 4/5 classes, having nothing better than RanRan (well I have some shitty single target SS healer but single target healers feel more or less entirely useless) is becoming more and more of a hindrance. People mentioned Angels which are somewhat analogous to ascended units? Hopefully you can somehow choose a class for them

You can use Ranran to complete all content, at least up to and including myth. Like you, I was screwed by RNG in the healer department.

In terms of arena and GB, Fulson trounces Loki because his skills are much better and much more pvp-focused. Loki is still good, obviously, but many folks consider Fulson the top rogue in the game.

In other news, it appears that I just can't play DB while at work - I am getting connections errors all over the place. It really makes no sense, and as I said, wifi or not doesn't seem to make a difference. I can't explain it.

Chaos17

I just noticed there's a summoner/angel class on that list? Is that a new class like Paladin? If so, is it also S3?

As far as I know, it's just Gamevil who didn't properly named its allies.
Just like Tiel, she is a Paladin but she is under the class of warrior.

Yaari

That's awesome commish. I hope to get some essences for classes I actually tend to get too, haha. Still good results last night though.

I don't know why people buy EXP potions. I personally get really bored once I hit level 60. Grinding stages when no exp is involved is so dull.

Ventara

So guys, there's no point in doing any of the raids in S1 anymore (outside daily quests), right? Seems all the gear dropping is S2 is way better. Got an armour drop that when maxed has 5.5K health, 550 defense and 34 immunity.

As far as I know, it's just Gamevil who didn't properly named its allies.
Just like Tiel, she is a Paladin but she is under the class of warrior.

Ah, okay.

That's awesome commish. I hope to get some essences for classes I actually tend to get too, haha. Still good results last night though.

I don't know why people buy EXP potions. I personally get really bored once I hit level 60. Grinding stages when no exp is involved is so dull.

Probably to stay competitive. GB was brutal last night, and Arena will probably be equally bad next week.

Top Bottom