• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Chaos17

Bonus enhancing is ON in Eu server.
Kust tested : SSS with B, failed of course but I don't see the the % going up.

Edit : I understand now, it's 30% of the base %

Ventara

So the general consensus is almost never use S rank allies as fodder, instead combine them to SS? I did just make a brand new SS using nothing but C rank fodder as an experiment and it went pretty well. Cost about 200k and took a little while to get that much C fodder but it worked.

Trying to enhance a SS with only B is going a lot slower. Not as many Bs drop.

Trying to enhance an SSS with only A is even slower. But I'm ok with that. As and Ss are pretty rare.

Money comes pretty quick. All the grinding rapport and leveling I'm doing is yielding a good amount of money just from stages. Two of my accessories for leveling have % gold as well.

One S per SSS enhance is okay, imo. It all depends on how many S and A units you have. Although, maybe S units should be saved for ascended units, as you'll need an essence per enhance.

So it doesn't have to do with the failure bonus? So, a C unit being used for an S unit would be 13%, instead of the usual 10%?

Are you saying you got a level up on the first attempt twice in arow? Because if so, my understanding is that you didn't even experience the ally enhance bonus. I thought it said that the bonus is applied to the failure bonus. In other words, in your case you were enhancing an SSS with an S. Normally that would be 25% success with 7% failure bonus. My understanding is that with this buff, it will still be 25% success, but with a 9% failure bonus.

I honestly don't remember. I wasn't aware that the ally enhance bonus was running at the time because my priority was to set my skills, cash in on the B10G2 premium and try to max out Gram since he was on +6 with 39%. I remember failing 1 A on him before I decided to go "fuck it" and used my S duplicates.

garath

So is everyone burning rubies on the 10+2? I'm tempted. I can use some A fodder to enhance my SSS units. I'd like to get my archer to MAX if I can. I don't have enough SSS to start getting him to ultimate yet though. I have about 1100 rubies now after all the rapport I've been doing.

Can you elaborate with some numbers? E.g. Enhancing an SSS with a A. Success 10%, failure bonus 3%. What is the success rate and failure bonus when this buff is active?

So the general consensus is almost never use S rank allies as fodder, instead combine them to SS? I did just make a brand new SS using nothing but C rank fodder as an experiment and it went pretty well. Cost about 200k and took a little while to get that much C fodder but it worked.

Trying to enhance a SS with only B is going a lot slower. Not as many Bs drop.

Trying to enhance an SSS with only A is even slower. But I'm ok with that. As and Ss are pretty rare.

Money comes pretty quick. All the grinding rapport and leveling I'm doing is yielding a good amount of money just from stages. Two of my accessories for leveling have % gold as well.

It's funny how much the enhancement playing field changes once you've got a full group of maxed SSS. Right now I have 0 desire or need to max another SSS. So what do I need all those A's for? What I do need are lots of low level trash SSS that I can use for Fodder to ascend. So at the moment I'm considering changing my strategy to start enhancing SS with S and A. The idea is to get as many level 1 SSS as fast as possible.

So basically, what I'm thinking about doing from here on out is:

1) If I have an unmaxed SS, use 1 S followed by A's to level it up
2) If I don't have any SS, use at most 1 A, followed by B's and C's to level up my S's and combine for SS.

Previously all my A's and S's were reserved for levelling up SSS, but maxing SSS has taken a backseat to acquiring as many level 1 SSS as possible.

Here an example :

SS enhance with A
Base 9% chance
Now with bonus it's 10.4% when it fails.

Hmm.. The base is 9%? I'm confused, didn't it used to be 25%?

SS enhance with SS - 100%
SS enhance with S - 50%
SS enhance with A - 25%
SS enhance with B - 10%

Where is the 9% coming from?

I guess I can just wait till it hits, but I was hoping for something like:

Before enhancing: Success: 10% Failure Bonus: 3% Current Enhance Bonus: 0%
After failure: Success: ??? Failure Bonus: ??? Current Enhance Bonus: ???

Uthred

SS enhance with S - 50%
SS enhance with A - 25%
SS enhance with B - 10%

Success: 10% Failure Bonus: 3% Current Enhance Bonus: 0%

Enhancing a S with a C with bonus on, on failure it added 3.9% as opposed to 3

Chaos17

SS enhance with S - 50%
SS enhance with A - 25%
SS enhance with B - 10%

Success: 10% Failure Bonus: 3% Current Enhance Bonus: 0%

Blerp, my english is bad.
Yes, it's 25% like you said.
The 9% come from when you fail without bonus.
With the bonus it became 10.4%

Enhancing a S with a C with bonus on, on failure it added 3.9% as opposed to 3

Ok that's what I wanted to know (and also how I assumed it worked). So if that's the case, this really isn't a very good buff. Whereas before it would take 5.23 C's per level up, now it takes 4.8 C's per level up. Or put another way, you will use only about 7% less Fodder than before.

Uthred

So is everyone burning rubies on the 10+2? I'm tempted. I can use some A fodder to enhance my SSS units. I'd like to get my archer to MAX if I can. I don't have enough SSS to start getting him to ultimate yet though. I have about 1100 rubies now after all the rapport I've been doing.

I blew my rubies stash, felt like I was starting to really lag behind in lab and arena and I needed the fodder to get some SSS for enhancing and ascending.

Edit: It can be a bit soul destroying though, 1100 rubies is around 40 pulls, which will nearly all be A's which is enough, on average, to max out one SSS unit.

Whizkid7

Someone said they buffed the Shield Bash Ultimate from 50% chance to stun to 75%. Is that true?

Have any other stats been modified?

I can't find anything mentioning something like that, but I guess I can try to run some tests later and see if I can figure anything out.

Chaos17

I should build a temple to my ally friends because thanks to them I was able to beat Gram in Myth. I needed so badly a good dps. Time to burn some rubies. Please don't let pull a SSS healer again, please >.>"

Chaos17

By the heaven, I combined 2 mage SS and what I combined ? TIEL!! XD
Noooooooooooo, it's a half healer too, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Should I keep Karang or take Tiel knowing that I lack DPS ? XD
My party is : Me (priest), Porin (priest), Commander Azur (war dps), Karang (war dps) and Gram (tank-ish)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
By the heaven, I combined 2 mage SS and what I pulled ? TIEL!! XD

Should I keep Karang and take Tiel knowing that I lack DPS ? XD

Tiel is awesome and can be ascended into the best angel later. He obviously lacks DPS, and isn't really a healer, and isn't really a tank, but he's a jack of all trades with a pretty good stun. I'd slot him for use.

goober

By the heaven, I combined 2 mage SS and what I combined ? TIEL!! XD

Should I keep Karang or take Tiel knowing that I lack DPS ? XD
My party is : Me (priest), Porin (priest), Commander Azur (war dps), Karang (war dps) and Gram (tank-ish)

I'd immediately put Tiel in my party. Would be a nice off-tank, plus the heal would help keep my party alive.

Yaari

Decided to just do my upgrades. That bonus didn't seem all that great and I am going to grind some exp during the next exp event, and was 70/70 on Allies.

Went through a ton of my S units because I really don't need 20 of them eating up all the space I have.

Now back to creating SSS units in the most efficient way possible. Atleast my Porin and Turq are +5 now. Should make them a little less interesting as targets in Arena. I'm sure people who played against me loved to burst them down.

Limit

I would kill to have a SSS healer right about now. Vivi is doing lord's work in my team but also indubitably the character that dies first and most.

Einbroch

Banned
I would kill to have a SSS healer right about now. Vivi is doing lord's work in my team but also indubitably the character that dies first and most.
Porin really isn't that much stronger. Shabelle and Mercedes, sure, but Viri is still incredibly good.

JigsawX

Decided to just do my upgrades. That bonus didn't seem all that great and I am going to grind some exp during the next exp event, and was 70/70 on Allies.

Went through a ton of my S units because I really don't need 20 of them eating up all the space I have.

Now back to creating SSS units in the most efficient way possible. Atleast my Porin and Turq are +5 now. Should make them a little less interesting as targets in Arena. I'm sure people who played against me loved to burst them down.

Noooooo now I have to take you off my list of farmables:/. But grats on the other hand.

Porin really isn't that much stronger. Shabelle and Mercedes, sure, but Viri is still incredibly good.

So far I'm not impressed with Mercedes. I got her from the free SSS pull the other day. I have her at +5 right now, and admittedly she has horrible gear, but the biggest problem I have with her is that her AoE heal has a fucking monster cooldown. Everyone's dead before she can cast it. I'm hoping she starts getting better once I get some better gear on her.

Uthred

Sample size is so small as to be meaningless, but anyhow:

84 pulls, +16 from the bonus, so 100 pulls, got 0 B's 91 A's 9 S' 0 SS' 0 SSS'

In a way I would have liked more B's as I feel vaguely "guilty" using A's on my SS units. Knowing that it should take roughly 5-6 10% units per upgrade haunts me as I cant help but count and then feel cheated if it goes above five (and of course conveniently forget the upgrades where it only took one or two), the wonders of confirmation bias.

So far I'm not impressed with Mercedes. I got her from the free SSS pull the other day. I have her at +5 right now, and admittedly she has horrible gear, but the biggest problem I have with her is that her AoE heal has a fucking monster cooldown. Everyone's dead before she can cast it. I'm hoping she starts getting better once I get some better gear on her.

Does attack speed affect skill cooldown? Could be worth throwing a +atk spd card on her if so

Yaari

Yeah I think she's best suited as some backup healer. I like some of her skills.
I'm not sure who I would use if I had both Porin and Mercedes, while having a Shabelle as primary healer.

I got so many C's, seriously considering making B's out of them. All the cool stuff is done with B's. I want to enhance SS's with B's, I just don't find enough of them.

Noooooo now I have to take you off my list of farmables:/. But grats on the other hand.

No you don't. I seen your team, you will kick my ass without any issues at all. Haha.

In a way I would have liked more B's as I feel vaguely "guilty" using A's on my SS units. Knowing that it should take roughly 5-6 10% units per upgrade haunts me as I cant help but count and then feel cheated if it goes above five (and of course conveniently forget the upgrades where it only took one or two), the wonders of confirmation bias.

Does attack speed affect skill cooldown? Could be worth throwing a +atk spd card on her if so

I asked that the other day and someone said no, ut I haven't confirmed it myself, just taking other person's word for it.

commish

I haven't been able to connect for more than 5 minutes the entire day, even when on wifi. Close to just uninstalling and moving on. I get the "disconnected from game server" error NONSTOP. /rage

Pejo

Well I think I'm finally going to give in and spend some rubies tonight. I'm sitting at about 3600 right now, but I need to start enhancing my SSS's. I made it to right before shadowcrag in Myth mode with 0 ally enhancements other than Ranran at +MAX, but my characters are just dying too fast with the stats/HP they currently have. It kills me to enhance any SSS before I have a solid party that I really like, as I don't want to waste the chances to get even better SSS's.

Some advice if you guys don't mind:

Right now for SSS's I have Patta, Fulson, Pearla, and Loki. I am a DoD Rogue (55). Lately I've been using Myself, Patta, Fulson, Loki, and Ranran as my healer (best I have). Would you guys recommend this party setup for my group, or swap in Pearla for that attack buff + AoE? Of all the units I have, I'm least impressed with Fulson, but I wouldn't hate enhancing him to eventually turn into Greysoul. My priority still remains needing a healer though, so I'd like to enhance as little as I have to and concentrate on making new SSS's.

I haven't been able to connect for more than 5 minutes the entire day, even when on wifi. Close to just uninstalling and moving on. I get the "disconnected from game server" error NONSTOP. /rage

Are you travelling by chance? (i.e. far away from the region that your server is located in)

commish

Some advice if you guys don't mind:

Right now for SSS's I have Patta, Fulson, Pearla, and Loki. I am a DoD Rogue (55). Lately I've been using Myself, Patta, Fulson, Loki, and Ranran as my healer (best I have). Would you guys recommend this party setup for my group, or swap in Pearla for that attack buff + AoE? Of all the units I have, I'm least impressed with Fulson, but I wouldn't hate enhancing him to eventually turn into Greysoul. My priority still remains needing a healer though, so I'd like to enhance as little as I have to and concentrate on making new SSS's.

Fulson is top tier. I would enhance him with confidence. Patta is also a great character and a great tank. I would enhance him with confidence as well. I would consider Loki and Perla as fodder, either for enhancing another SSS or if you want to ascend one of them. Use them but don't bother enhancing unless you have to. You can easily beat Myth with Ranran (she's who I used as my only healer), so don't fret too much about her. You'll need to enhance your other SSS though.

Are you travelling by chance? (i.e. far away from the region that your server is located in)

I'm in my office where I've played daily the last few months since release. I'm just whining, and I'm sure it'll be better tomorrow. It wont' work on either of my phones, so I can't even blame my phone.

So the place to farm exp, if you can clear it, is Crystal Palace 6. Only way I can clear it with 2 healers (Ranran MAX+4 and Mercedes+5). Sometimes I still need to use a revive scroll. But with the EXP+30% buff, 3 exp accessories, and a potion (yea, I broke down and bought one because why not) I'm getting anywhere from 2m - 2.4m per run, although each run takes a really long time.

goober

I think the pool of premium summons is A and above. The friend point summons is C-SS.

Yaari

2 Essence in a row. Wow. Really takes just a bit of luck eh. Deathcrown again, I don't care for that. But the Blackaria is nice.

Edit: Another Deathcrown. That makes 3. Is he really that bad? This game wants me to have a Deathcrown.

2 Essence in a row. Wow. Really takes just a bit of luck eh. Deathcrown again, I don't care for that. But the Blackaria is nice.

Edit: Another Deathcrown. That makes 3. Is he really that bad? This game wants me to have a Deathcrown.

Yea I got 3 in 10 minutes last night. Haven't gotten another since, lol. I see the channel getting spammed with them though.

garath

Any reason to hold onto my old SS tank when I now have SSS pirate Byron? Can't think of an instance where I really wish I had two taunt tanks in my party. He's really well equipped but if I can make another SSS out of him that might be a worthy sacrifice.

Yaari

Any reason to hold onto my old SS tank when I now have SSS pirate Byron? Can't think of an instance where I really wish I had two taunt tanks in my party. He's really well equipped but if I can make another SSS out of him that might be a worthy sacrifice.

I think 2 tank is overkill. At some points I question having one at all.

7 Essence in this 2hr40min grinding window. Not bad. Wish it werent 4 Deathcrown though. But hey.

goober

Labyrinth maybe?

Ventara

I'd combine him. I've read that tanks are useful later in the labyrinth, but I think for right now, you'd want to have more SSS than creating an optimized Labyrinth team.

Top Bottom