• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Note to self: don't take the double point challenge in Arena, EVER, if you have 20 wins.

I usually take it up to about 2500 points. I win enough that it makes it worth it. If you do the math, then losing the double point challenge at 20 wins is a net loss of 200 points. So if you think you can win at least 7 double point challenges, it pasy for itself.

garath

My arena bonus :( how did a single unenhanced greysoul take out my entire team :( dammit rng. It was literally a +4 gram, greysoul and priest hero that wiped me out. The other parts of their team died instantly. Wtf. Setbacks like crazy today. I may have to scrap the 5% goal this week.

arevin01

My arena bonus :( how did a single unenhanced greysoul take out my entire team :( dammit rng. It was literally a +4 gram, greysoul and priest hero that wiped me out. The other parts of their team died instantly. Wtf. Setbacks like crazy today. I may have to scrap the 5% goal this week.

Usually if an unenhanced Draco doesn't die within the 1st few seconds, you don't have enough burst damage.

Gah, I need to stop wasting tickets on Labyrinth. Sucks being so close, yet so far away. I think I just need more stamina gems before I can beat round 50. I've made it there about 4 times, but I never make it there with enough scrolls available on cooldown.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I bet you were just attacking Gram while he was invulnerable.

garath

Usually if an unenhanced Draco doesn't die within the 1st few seconds, you don't have enough burst damage.

He must have dodged everything. I've beaten that exact team many times. Then like commish said my team was probably futilely beating on an invulnerable gram. Bleh. Arena is annoying sometimes.

commish

Gah, I need to stop wasting tickets on Labyrinth. Sucks being so close, yet so far away. I think I just need more stamina gems before I can beat round 50. I've made it there about 4 times, but I never make it there with enough scrolls available on cooldown.

Is anything on your team RNG based? Like, I can do better whenever my mage sheeps more than 1 minion. If there's not much RNG on your team, then it's probably a hard stop until you jewel up your dudes better. What formation are you using?

Btw, just realized that they gave us another 3-day EXP boost. I really recommend that you guys level up another character with these boosts. The ruby gains are pretty significant and there are some modes where having a certain character makes a huge difference (e.g., having a warrior in lab).

Is anything on your team RNG based? Like, I can do better whenever my mage sheeps more than 1 minion. If there's not much RNG on your team, then it's probably a hard stop until you jewel up your dudes better. What formation are you using?

Btw, just realized that they gave us another 3-day EXP boost. I really recommend that you guys level up another character with these boosts. The ruby gains are pretty significant and there are some modes where having a certain character makes a huge difference (e.g., having a warrior in lab).

The biggest RNG factors where I'm at now are how frequently I evade, how frequently I time my scrolls just right so that Blackaria can heal me up again before I die, and how frequently I can open a round with AoE stuns before the enemy has a chance to unload everything on me.

45 is currently the biggest problem for me, because I basically as soon as the round opens up, everyone is dead within 3 seconds. So I'm basically just mashing scrolls as fast as I can to get past it, and by the time I do pass it, all 3 scrolls are on cooldown. Luckily 46-49 aren't terribly bad, but I do usually have to use at least one scroll on the way to 50, so when I get to 50 I have either 0 or 1 scrolls up.

The best thing that could happen to me would be that all the stars line up just right and I open round 45 with Brightspark and Gram's AoE stuns, and I manage to kill everything before it kills me. Then 46-49 shouldn't be too bad and I can get to 50 with some scrolls.

Another insanely lucky thing that happens to me sometimes is I'll kill off everything but like 1-2 enemies in a round, and everyone but my tanks will be dead. When that happens they are beefy enough that they can take the hits from those few enemies for what seems like forever, and I can just wait for all my scrolls to come back around before popping revive after all 3 scrolls are ready for use.

So yea, there's still some RNG to it, but all the stars really have to line up right.

I've been using Noble Chivalry but I might try 30 or so tix on Solidarity of Heart. The double attack boost on my 2 dracos can be really huge. I lose a lot of evasion, but when it's a dps race it helps me win the race, so it's a tough call.

commish

Dumb question - if you rez up Blackaria, and she dies again, does it proc her invincibility again?

garath

I just accidentally used my 3day xp boost. I actually forgot about it and was redeeming everything that is going to expire. Should have used it Friday. Doh. Would have really helped my level 59 priest. That grind to 64 is big.

commish

Oh, didn't notice that.

I wish someone would compute the break points at the different hard levels in Lab. What defense is needed so you don't get one shot? Sometimes my tank stays up, sometimes my tank gets dropped. Perhaps he would always die, but sometimes evades. I find that unlikely because my Bloodwind, who has an insane evasion rate, ALWAYS dies.

Oh, didn't notice that.

I wish someone would compute the break points at the different hard levels in Lab. What defense is needed so you don't get one shot? Sometimes my tank stays up, sometimes my tank gets dropped. Perhaps he would always die, but sometimes evades. I find that unlikely because my Bloodwind, who has an insane evasion rate, ALWAYS dies.

Yea I'm not really sure how it works. I definitely see my Bloodwind evade a fair amount of the time. As for defense, I don't know if it's broken into tiers like that. I used to think so, but now not so much. I think it's just a straight damage reduction. But then there are magic attacks, which I think somehow resist factors into it. Does defense still work on magic attacks? I don't know, i want to say yes, but resist has to factor in somehow too. And on roudn 45 for examplw where I just immediately get bombarded with magic attacks, I seem to die a lot more easily than on round 40 and even round 50.

Then there's the crits. I think that a lot of time people are getting one-shotted it's because they're getting critted. Then there's the issue of auto-attacks versus abilities. My Blackaria with 37k HP can survive quite a while now, it's the abilities that get her, and especially when they crit

and of course you have situations where there's mixed enemies on a round. Some magic users, some physical, some single target, some AoE. So it's frequently hard to tell exactly why you're dying. For now I'm going to continue stacking stamina on Blackaria. I got 4 SS +Stamian arena gems on her right now, which gets her 37k HP. I notice a huge difference in her survivability, even though she didn't increase her DEF at all. I can get past round 40 with only 3 or 4 scrolls used sometimes now, where I used to be almost empty by this time. Just because Blackaria is staying alive.

I think I need to gem stamina on the rest of my people now. For DPS though I'm doing half stamina and half DPS gems, but so far I'm only using gems I find in dungeons for them.

Oh is it? And it's going on? I didn't notice. My bad!

Edit: pretty good haul. 4 S, rest A. Few more As and I'll have another SSS. Sticking to the one per week and a half give or take. Not bad.

10+2 is basically 12 for the price of 10, which is a 16.67% savings. The current sale is 20% off the ruby cost of all premium summons, which is obviously a 20% savings. Put another way, the current sale is equivalent to 8+2.

Apparently if you have BlueStacks running on your PC you can leave the game running indefinitely and it will never disconnect you as long as your computer never goes to sleep.

This could be a good way for those people who are on the east coast or who otherwise can't make log on in the evenings to still take advantage of the ally summon rewards. Just leave BlueStacks running on your PC and configure your PC to only go to sleep after like 2 hours. As long as you're logged in at 9PM pacific, you'll get the reward and you can claim it the next day

garath

Apparently if you have BlueStacks running on your PC you can leave the game running indefinitely and it will never disconnect you as long as your computer never goes to sleep.

This could be a good way for those people who are on the east coast or who otherwise can't make log on in the evenings to still take advantage of the ally summon rewards. Just leave BlueStacks running on your PC and configure your PC to only go to sleep after like 2 hours. As long as you're logged in at 9PM pacific, you'll get the reward and you can claim it the next day

Yep. I've actually been doing that the last week. I turned off sleep and set up and auto shutdown at 1am. I log into the game before I go to bed and I get the midnight ally.

edit: I use Andyroid though. I've liked it so far. Real stable, no ads.

commish

I'm at 1.08% in the world boss. I can't believe it's another week of being under 1.1% but over 1.0%. SO CLOSE. Maybe if I gem up I can break into the top 1%.

Sakujou

Banned
i sort of have a problem since iam a returning player to keep up. i keep getting killed. i dont want to spend money so how to get a healer or a good monster to keep on?

another thing which fucks me up is the problem with "logging in" what is this bullshit?

why do i need to sign in every time the game gets an update? this is the shit why i stopped playing it.

Chaos17

I've seen people say they got 6 shields but i break the 4th shield and he still enrages, so idk
Same.

i sort of have a problem since iam a returning player to keep up. i keep getting killed. i dont want to spend money so how to get a healer or a good monster to keep on?

another thing which fucks me up is the problem with "logging in" what is this bullshit?

why do i need to sign in every time the game gets an update? this is the shit why i stopped playing it.

I don't know what team you've but if you don't have any SSS, it would be better to restart.
Game is giving good freebies at the moment for new comers and I don't know why reloging once a month annoy you...

I'm not realy sure what you mean by this. What exactly is the problem? You click the button to start the game, it logs in automatically, you're in the game.

Yaari

Same.

I don't know what team you've but if you don't have any SSS, it would be better to restart.
Game is giving good freebies at the moment for new comers and I don't know why reloging once a month annoy you...

Nah, it kicks you out. I have it too on my iPhone. It's quite annoying if you check every 3 hours, to have to login again. But it is what it is.

vato_loco

I was burning through my rubies today and I was getting the usual A's and S's and suddenly holy crap an SSS! Punisher Rar is mine now to... uh... I guess fodder later?

I'm having a lot of trouble on the hardest difficulty. I'm already level 55 but doing that new mission that Belle gives you where you have to go and beat Byron gets my ass thoroughly kicked. Is it my team? The fact that not all of them have SSS items?

My team is:
Meteor Mage
Brightspark +6
Loki +2
King Gram
Priest Tiel

On hold:
Captain Fulson
Punisher Rar
Priest Ari
Archer Pelas
Assassin Percy

Should I be making any changes here?

HIVE, not sure if I can change that now.

I get the same thing sometimes (logged in through Hive). It's really annoying.

That and I hate the giant banner thing that pops up every time you play. The "don't show this again today" (or whatever) button doesn't work.

garath

Will this game ever give me a BS essence again? I haven't seen one in well over a week of leveling my priest. Probably 500+ shoes. I've seen a deathcrown, blackaria and greysoul. That's it. Sigh.

Ventara

I was burning through my rubies today and I was getting the usual A's and S's and suddenly holy crap an SSS! Punisher Rar is mine now to... uh... I guess fodder later?

I'm having a lot of trouble on the hardest difficulty. I'm already level 55 but doing that new mission that Belle gives you where you have to go and beat Byron gets my ass thoroughly kicked. Is it my team? The fact that not all of them have SSS items?

My team is:
Meteor Mage
Brightspark +6
Loki +2
King Gram
Priest Tiel

On hold:
Captain Fulson
Punisher Rar
Priest Ari
Archer Pelas
Assassin Percy

Should I be making any changes here?

Nah, it looks good. Just max them. You don't need SSS items; SS is good enough. Just make sure they're the equips from the latest raid. Try to cover any weaknesses your allies have (low health/def, etc.).

If you're still having trouble, use a lv 64 friend. A rogue/mage should clear the enemies pretty quick.

KimChi

Will this game ever give me a BS essence again? I haven't seen one in well over a week of leveling my priest. Probably 500+ shoes. I've seen a deathcrown, blackaria and greysoul. That's it. Sigh.

Same here actually, I've been getting nothing but blackaria essence (game needs to give me a damn healer already dammit >.>) and my D. BS is max+1 just need 4 more and done with her.

vato_loco

Nah, it looks good. Just max them. You don't need SSS items; SS is good enough. Just make sure they're the equips from the latest raid. Try to cover any weaknesses your allies have (low health/def, etc.).

If you're still having trouble, use a lv 64 friend. A rogue/mage should clear the enemies pretty quick.
Deal. Using friends usually works but I don't have enough of them to move ahead at a regular pace. I really should be raiding more...

garath

Well I give up on arena this week. Seems like the best I get is a 60% chance of winning with the current field in the high 2k range. I lost my 20 bonus early and paid for it this week. 10% it is. Gonna focus on GB and leveling my priest some more.

Its a slippery slope. If you fall behind it gets really tough to catch back up with the lack of resources from the weekly events. The strong get stronger.

garath

Damn gems. Between event stuff, gems, essences and any left over accessories and other gear that makes sense to hold on to, I'm convinced they are just adding this stuff to make you buy more inventory and storage slots

arevin01

Well I give up on arena this week. Seems like the best I get is a 60% chance of winning with the current field in the high 2k range. I lost my 20 bonus early and paid for it this week. 10% it is. Gonna focus on GB and leveling my priest some more.

Its a slippery slope. If you fall behind it gets really tough to catch back up with the lack of resources from the weekly events. The strong get stronger.

If you can maintain top 10% or even 5%, you should still be able to improve your team week to week.

arevin01

GB is very tough currently after 250+ pts. Hopefully it gets easier later in the week. Not fun fighting Crimson team members 90% of the time lol.

commish

Fucking hell. My 130 win streak ended in Arena because I attacked with the wrong team. GRRR. So frustrating but my fault.

But I really don't know what to do with my Blackaria. I still haven't leveled her or put any gear on her, and it's making Arena a joke, even against top teams (I'm currently ranked 25). It's basically an auto-win. I even get wins on defense against all +ultimate teams and I know it makes them mad :p Unleveled makes her great for Arena but not as great for GB/Lab :\

garath

Fucking hell. My 130 win streak ended in Arena because I attacked with the wrong team. GRRR. So frustrating but my fault.

But I really don't know what to do with my Blackaria. I still haven't leveled her or put any gear on her, and it's making Arena a joke, even against top teams (I'm currently ranked 25). It's basically an auto-win. I even get wins on defense against all +ultimate teams and I know it makes them mad :p Unleveled makes her great for Arena but not as great for GB/Lab :

Make a second blackaria of course :p

I honestly did think about it, haha.

My blackaria has almost 40k hp and she's still a miracle worker in arena. She can keep everyone alive for quite a while as well as well as revive one person. She doesn't do either of those when she dies instantly, you're only taking advantage of one of her abilities. There's plenty of teams that take more than 8 seconds to kill, and a quick dying Blackaria will be a detriment there.

Even with 40k hp mine still usually dies before others. So it's hard for me to say it's better or worse, but it's definitely not terrible, and i can take on other Blackaria teams with no problem

KimChi

woop finally got the 3 item slots for my lvl64 warrior unlocked and gave labyrinth a try, such a big improvement over sheep mage which can only take you so far. Got to wave 44 and 820k points :D probably could've gone higher if I bothered to max out each revive scroll to 5 on that attempt.

Top Bottom