• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

garath

Weird, I logged in this morning and had a Premium Ally and S Ally waiting for me in my inbox with my daily surprise chest. It wasn't related to the login bonus or GM thing either. Maybe it was for the downtime. Did you guys get them too?

Yeah. I had an S ally waiting. No idea where it came from. No premium ally though.

Pejo

So I just leveled up a brand new priest from 1-45 in 2 days thanks to all this bonus xp stuff. I have 33% from rings, whatever the bonus is from the formation, and then that 3 day xp booster we got for free.

I have to say, having a magnify priest is already damn amazing, even at level 45. I regret not making one sooner, and I could easily see this character becoming my main for everything not PVP and maybe Raid. The only character I won't have leveled after this will be archer, and I don't think I'm going to bother. I don't see any reason that she'd ever be significantly better than my Rogue.

I really like those new costumes, especially the warrior one. I probably won't buy it though, as I already bought the new cat costume for my priest because that default look is straight up pauper.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I just leveled up a brand new priest from 1-45 in 2 days thanks to all this bonus xp stuff. I have 33% from rings, whatever the bonus is from the formation, and then that 3 day xp booster we got for free.

I have to say, having a magnify priest is already damn amazing, even at level 45. I regret not making one sooner, and I could easily see this character becoming my main for everything not PVP and maybe Raid. The only character I won't have leveled after this will be archer, and I don't think I'm going to bother. I don't see any reason that she'd ever be significantly better than my Rogue.

I really like those new costumes, especially the warrior one. I probably won't buy it though, as I already bought the new cat costume for my priest because that default look is straight up pauper.

I leveled a priest mostly for the gems, but I liked her so much, she is now my main for every mode. She's great for raids and PvP.

Pejo

I leveled a priest mostly for the gems, but I liked her so much, she is now my main for every mode. She's great for raids and PvP.

I don't think I can part with my sheep mage for PVP though, especially Guild Battle. I think the best team in the game right now for GB is sheep mage/blackaria/DoD rogue/brightspark. You have to be really unlucky to lose with that setup.

Definitely excited to try out priest in raids though. Right now niether my mage or warrior outshines my rogue on raids.

commish

I don't think I can part with my sheep mage for PVP though, especially Guild Battle. I think the best team in the game right now for GB is sheep mage/blackaria/DoD rogue/brightspark. You have to be really unlucky to lose with that setup.

Definitely excited to try out priest in raids though. Right now niether my mage or warrior outshines my rogue on raids.

I was a sheep mage in PvP for a long time, but against teams with a priest, I think the sheep mage loses because of the increased immunity buff and the fact that a priest can cure a sheep'd ally. I switched over to priest because of this. Blackaria + BS and any two classes is hard to beat, really. The game needs a blackaria counter. 8 seconds is too long (even if I abuse it myself). I do agree that a sheep mage has the most auto-win ability in the game. If I sheep who I want to sheep, it's usually over.

Rurunaki

And I just got to level 40 of Lab.. Which looks to be impossible.. those Curses heal for almost full life and Byron is wrecking face with Cannon Ball..

commish

Okay let's see what the A-SSS card gives.... I'm pretty sure it's going to be an A but I'm hoping for an S.

Edit: An S. I'll take it tho a lot of folks seem to be getting SS at least.

Yaari

I'm going to stop farming for this Garden Earring. I only get 1 a day, and when I do, they always have Accuracy stats. Never aSPD or CRIT. Waste of shoes. I could be upgrading my dracos.

Chaos17

A thus the teasing has begun.

New name : Llywelyn instead of El Rio (I kinda linked it)

vacZNIZ.png
Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-Chapter-2-3-Ally-Preview&p=788061#post788061

New name (?) : Ravengale instead of El Rebekah
Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...r-2-3-Ally-Preview-Part-2&p=788723#post788723

Yaari

Is Ravengale a summoner or do I need a mage. I forgot about that sheet that was made.
I wonder if I should just go for Ravengale and run that Concentration formation.

Do those kind of buffs stack with the ones a priest has?

commish

Is Ravengale a summoner or do I need a mage. I forgot about that sheet that was made.
I wonder if I should just go for Ravengale and run that Concentration formation.

Do those kind of buffs stack with the ones a priest has?

Summoner...

I'm going to stop farming for this Garden Earring. I only get 1 a day, and when I do, they always have Accuracy stats. Never aSPD or CRIT. Waste of shoes. I could be upgrading my dracos.

Gotta farm in Chapter 2 for the jewel drops!

Yaari

Well probably not going to happen for me then. I never got a summoner thus far.

Ah yeah jewels. I havent found a single one yet. haha.

Takuan

Out of sheer desperation, I combined two good SS units for a Ranger Kay. Just now,
I blew my gems hoping to luck out with a good SS or SSS. Nothing but the same A's and S's I've pulled many times over. This game, man.

Gonna be lvl 53 forever :lol

Sakujou

Banned
Same.

I don't know what team you've but if you don't have any SSS, it would be better to restart.
Game is giving good freebies at the moment for new comers and I don't know why reloging once a month annoy you...

no i meant by logging in, that i have to type in my password and my nickname (sometimes only the password but still annoying)

garath

Manm. Raiding as the priest is so much easier than the rogue. Need a few more levels though. I'm barely competant at 60.

So there is no mage angel??

Ventara

Out of sheer desperation, I combined two good SS units for a Ranger Kay. Just now,
I blew my gems hoping to luck out with a good SS or SSS. Nothing but the same A's and S's I've pulled many times over. This game, man.

Gonna be lvl 53 forever :lol

Don't give up. You'll come to a point where you're hoping for crap SSS. Just keep trucking and collecting those SSS for ascension.

And I'm sure you know this, but going for premium summons with the hope of getting an SS/SSS is asking for disappointment. Always expect As.

So there is no mage angel??

There is. Piyoel or something. He might be better than BS. He's in the next set of Angels after the first.

garath

Yay. Finally got another BS essence. +5

There is. Piyoel or something. He might be better than BS. He's in the next set of Angels after the first.

Ugh. Wonder how fast they'll give us the next set. I'm going to be behind until he drops :(

Finally got my warrior to 64 and immediately made it to Lab 43. Hes practically unkillable till then.

Damn. I need to make a warrior

commish

I used 7 A-allies to level my SS from nothing to +7. The odds of that are astounding. 7 for 7!

wapplew

Everyone at arena have blackaria and shabelle as support.
If you don't have those you lost, if you have those it's 50/50 gamble.

garath

Combined for SSS priest porin. Damn. I so wish for shabelle. His skills are barely better than viri. I guess the base stats would make him worth leveling though? I guess if nothing else he'll become blackaria atba later date and I won't feel bad about leveling terrible sorcerer mer.

Level, enhance and equip porin or keep rolling with viri?

commish

Combined for SSS priest porin. Damn. I so wish for shabelle. His skills are barely better than viri. I guess the base stats would make him worth leveling though? I guess if nothing else he'll become blackaria atba later date and I won't feel bad about leveling terrible sorcerer mer.

Level, enhance and equip porin or keep rolling with viri?

Porin is good. Would definitely level and use him.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I seriously hope they do..it's just demoralizing to play this game with low ratio of f2p to heavy/whale players now. I went up to 1 million points on hydra this week and currently at 8%. Last week it was 836k and was at 8% too.

Also my guild is basically over, we were top 1%-5% for the past few months and now the good players with draco left for a more competitive guild.

/rant

hope some features comes out soon..I don't think giving people free premium summon/SS is enough to get people to stay

arevin01

I mean the rewards system seems okay if I was in Korea but this simply won't fly for the US or others. We aren't competitve as them so this needs to be adjusted asap. Spending $99 simply gets you a fraction of what is needed to do well in this game. Unfortunately the higher ups don't recognize this.

EDIT: This could become a serious problem because I just came across Gamevil topic shutting down one of their other games.

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?254616-NOTICE-Dark-Avenger-Service-Termination-Notice

Cybolt

Gah, been so busy lately that I missed out on dailies and even world bosses. Have another busy week coming up soon so it's going to be tough catching up. Still holding out SSS for that healer -> Blackaria but might be tempted to dump them onto Kay for that archer angel.

Yaari

I know drop raid increases don't help with Daily Dungeon but I still feel like I have to wait for them. Hopefully today I will finally get my SSS Weapon card.

Pejo

Created another SSS last night, saw a non-archer/warrior/rogue card load up a few milliseconds before the character loaded in, saw one of the humanoid black armored core class characters show up, saw a staff in one hand, OH MY GOD, COULD IT BE A HEALER!!??!

Nope, Dark Mage Pari. Fuck everything.

garath

Whats going on with this game. My 200 shoes going to waste. I hope its fixed before Friday ends

I'm fine with it if they keep giving me more S fodder lol.

I have a porin to raise now and I still throw S ranks at my brightspark when I get essences.

Yaari

I'm fine with it if they keep giving me more S fodder lol.

I have a porin to raise now and I still throw S ranks at my brightspark when I get essences.

Yeah its not like I want to play but I just want to put the shoes into the Daily Dungeon. I guess I can grind Essences tomorrow if it doesnt work out but still.

Takuan

Don't give up. You'll come to a point where you're hoping for crap SSS. Just keep trucking and collecting those SSS for ascension.

And I'm sure you know this, but going for premium summons with the hope of getting an SS/SSS is asking for disappointment. Always expect As.

Yeah, I know. It's just after god knows how many 10-pulls, ONE SS would be nice. I'm just doing dailies now and feeding my S/SS/SSS guys appropriately whenever the chance arises. Been pretty lucky with Patta and he's already +5 after maybe 10 A feeders, not half-bad. Merged 2 S's last night for another Mage Veril... I'm never gonna replace Ranran, lol.

Hoping this month's SS and SSS gimmes are of some use. I'm actually wondering if DPS is my problem now that I eliminated two heavy-hitters for Ranger Kay. I've noticed my auto-run labyrinth scores have come down a bit. I don't know if anyone wants to do some analysis on my team, but here's my starting 5:

Tank: Patta+5
DPS: Me (Rogue), Urk MAX
Heals: Mer+3, Ranran MAX+4

Sometimes it looks like my dudes aren't hitting hard enough. Urk and Mer are pretty much fully upgraded but the rest don't have equipment worth upgrading until I get a decent set bonus going. My other units are:

SSS: Pearla, Kay, Pagu
SS: Ger, Tarq, Tirahl, Tirud, Veril, Dark Breath, Uk

I probably shouldn't have gotten rid of Robellia.

KimChi

Yeah, I know. It's just after god knows how many 10-pulls, ONE SS would be nice. I'm just doing dailies now and feeding my S/SS/SSS guys appropriately whenever the chance arises. Been pretty lucky with Patta and he's already +5 after maybe 10 A feeders, not half-bad. Merged 2 S's last night for another Mage Veril... I'm never gonna replace Ranran, lol.

Hoping this month's SS and SSS gimmes are of some use. I'm actually wondering if DPS is my problem now that I eliminated two heavy-hitters for Ranger Kay. I've noticed my auto-run labyrinth scores have come down a bit. I don't know if anyone wants to do some analysis on my team, but here's my starting 5:

Tank: Patta+5
DPS: Me (Rogue), Urk MAX
Heals: Mer+3, Ranran MAX+4

Sometimes it looks like my dudes aren't hitting hard enough. Urk and Mer are pretty much fully upgraded but the rest don't have equipment worth upgrading until I get a decent set bonus going. My other units are:

SSS: Pearla, Kay, Pagu
SS: Ger, Tarq, Tirahl, Tirud, Veril, Dark Breath, Uk

I probably shouldn't have gotten rid of Robellia.
Ditch Mer and put in Pearla for now, ranran should be good enough with her group heal.

game still down?

I'm on right now.

Salamande

Just combined for a Mercedes. I'm not quite sure what to do with her now that I have Blackaria, but I suppose I'll keep her for a future deify. Maybe I'll see what a priest-centric team is like.

I've made something like 4 SSS'es in the past 30 days. Not too bad for FTP.

LuuKyK

How does combining actually work? You can see what the combination is going to result in? And is it a guarantee that its going to be a sss character or is it random?

Top Bottom