• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

arevin01

I figured how to get a 90% success rate with the AFKers in the raid. Since you most likely will get a Rogue/Dps person, and they will 100% certainly be on auto. If they have full bars they will burst in the beginning so you wait to use your burst for the first wave and by the time the 2nd wave swings by, the AFKers skills are up. By the 3rd wave, boss life is low enough where timing doesnt matter. If they dont have full bars then they will burst in 1st wave and you save yours for 2nd wave.

Mechanics are a bit different if you dont get a rogue ally but too lazy to write it up.

Of course this only works fo rme as a rogue. For other classes Im not sure. I defeated about 30 boss raids without fail.

KimChi

Welp that was disappointing. 5 Bloodwind essence no enhance, 4 Greysoul essence 1 enhance using 2 S and then A's. Bloodwind is +7 too... just one away from Max. Managed to get 1 SSS combine since I ran out of C's to combine more SS. Combined for Pata...at least he isn't a dupe. Still having no SSS healer is really starting to tick me off and kill my enjoyment with this game :/
If only they let us have a SSS ticket that let us choose a class like in the korean version, sigh.

arevin01

My results for my next round of 3 SSS. Finally an upgrade for Tyran. My last 3 SSS combined was on 8/12 so it took me roughly a 3 weeks prolly even less as I spend a lot this time around maxing my DBS. So around one SSS a week looks like for me.

KHsBgQI.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
3 million gold. A dream :) Grats on the Gram. Despite my 193 SSS warriors, never received Gram/Byron.

Ventara

Combined for my 15th SSS and got a dupe Shabelle. Such a waste to use her as fodder. Anyways, hoping to combine for another SSS tomorrow, which should bring me to 1 SSS away from my next Draco (as long as it's not Gram or anything).

My results for my next round of 3 SSS. Finally an upgrade for Tyran. My last 3 SSS combined was on 8/12 so it took me roughly a 3 weeks prolly even less as I spend a lot this time around maxing my DBS. So around one SSS a week looks like for me.

Congrats on Gram. I'm hoping for one myself as I really need a good tank in lab.

3 million gold. A dream :) Grats on the Gram. Despite my 193 SSS warriors, never received Gram/Byron.

They'll be SSS warriors 348 and 591.

Got Blackaria last night and I decided to put her to the test in Labyrinth. My previous record is round 45, but I've only ever made it there about twice out of 100+ attempts.

Got to 45 on my first attempt but wiped immediately. On my second attempt i not only beat 45, but made it all the way to 50. If i had had 1 more scroll i may even have beaten 50, because only 2-3 guys remained standing. Ended with 1,157,000 points which currently has me at rank 12.

I may try a few more times to see if i can beat 50 or at least sneak into top 10

garath

Got Blackaria last night and I decided to put her to the test in Labyrinth. My previous record is round 45, but I've only ever made it there about twice out of 100+ attempts.

Got to 45 on my first attempt but wiped immediately. On my second attempt i not only beat 45, but made it all the way to 50. If i had had 1 more scroll i may even have beaten 50, because only 2-3 guys remained standing. Ended with 1,157,000 points which currently has me at rank 12.

I may try a few more times to see if i can beat 50 or at least sneak into top 10

Whoa. You are making me want blackaria now. Too bad I invested a lot in maxing out belle snow :(

Whoa. You are making me want blackaria now. Too bad I invested a lot in maxing out belle snow :(

Based on my experience, each upgrade has gotten me +5 levels.

Making Bloodwind got me 30-35. Making Draco BS got me 35-40. Ultimate Bloodwind got me 40-45, and Finally Blackaria has gotten me 45-50. So expect to get 5 levels

commish

Okay I found a little trick in Arena. A temporary trick in a way.

I just made my Blackaria, and I was thinking, "she's so great in Arena/GB, but really her OP-ness happens when she dies." So, I didn't level her at all, or give her any gear, and just threw her in my arena team. At level 1.

What this means is I basically have 8 seconds of immunity at the start of every PvP match. My team just nukes everyone down, and that's that. I haven't come CLOSE to losing a fight since doing this.

As far as I can see, the only way to counter this is to have a Blackaria of your own, and hope it's one of the first deaths on your team. It's pretty sweet but I'll have to level/equip her eventually for lab.

Goroh

Yes he's one of, if not the best unit for world bosses

But why is he so good? I mean, he doesn't have additional boss damage... is it the defense down on the second attack? Or is the extra damage against 50%+ health monsters working against bosses since they don't have a bar?

But why is he so good? I mean, he doesn't have additional boss damage... is it the defense down on the second attack? Or is the extra damage against 50%+ health monsters working against bosses since they don't have a bar?

It's mainly the defense down. It makes a surprisingly large difference. If you look at the top scorers in hydra and go check their allies, every single one of them has an Archer Ur, who has a very similar ability.

World bosses do have a health bar, but it decreases by time, not by you doing damage to them. So I'm not sure if that other passive skill works there. If it does work it would only be present for the first 12 hours of world boss. But it's mainly just the defense down.

arevin01

This guy must be feeling pretty salty after I won an arena defense. My current Team:

Sheep mage
Gram max
DBS max
Mercedes max
BS max

rCqAzSp.png

Limit

Guild (Nocturna) scored top 8% in arena. Getting closer to that 5% mark every week.

Edit: Also got bonus 20 rubies from arena. Don't know what that's about.

How many pts does it take for top 5 and what's the ruby you get? I might be interested in joining.

The main reason people want top 5% is because you get a special costume. There's usually about 500 guilds competing, so top 5% is somewhere around rank 25. That usually translates to about 10k-11k points. I think this week we ended up with about 7k points. Not sure on rubies, but I imagine with top 5% if you had a decent contribution you'd probably get about 150 rubies / week.

We could easily get more with more members, and also if people *knew* we were capable of getting 5% that alone would be a boost, because people would try more. For example, I only got about 150 points this time, because I knew we weren't quite strong enough to get 5%, so I didn't want to get those extra 500 points when I could use that time to gear up. But if I knew we could get 5%, or even if we were just close, I'd easily get another 500 points.

garath

Guild (Nocturna) scored top 8% in arena. Getting closer to that 5% mark every week.

Edit: Also got bonus 20 rubies from arena. Don't know what that's about.

I only contributed 100 or so personal points this week (which is like 400 guild points?). Been trying to level my priest. Sucks that GB window is a) mostly my bed time and b) in the xp up window.

Will be easier once I have my priest at 64.

I get that bonus 20 rubies a lot. I have no idea where it comes from.

Limit

I just appreciate the fact that I am in a guild where if I wanted to go for individual 5%, there are guild folks with strong enough characters that it's feasible. Got individual 5% both this and last week; easy 70 jewels.

I only contributed 100 or so personal points this week (which is like 400 guild points?). Been trying to level my priest. Sucks that GB window is a) mostly my bed time and b) in the xp up window.

20 bonus rubies from arena or from guild battle? Arena isn't even over yet.

arevin01

The main reason people want top 5% is because you get a special costume. There's usually about 500 guilds competing, so top 5% is somewhere around rank 25. That usually translates to about 10k-11k points. I think this week we ended up with about 7k points. Not sure on rubies, but I imagine with top 5% if you had a decent contribution you'd probably get about 150 rubies / week.

We could easily get more with more members, and also if people *knew* we were capable of getting 5% that alone would be a boost, because people would try more. For example, I only got about 150 points this time, because I knew we weren't quite strong enough to get 5%, so I didn't want to get those extra 500 points when I could use that time to gear up. But if I knew we could get 5%, or even if we were just close, I'd easily get another 500 points.

This sounds good enough for me. My current guild isn't progressing so we're always stuck at top 12%. Let me know when I can sign up or who I can speak to for joining.

My character name as a mage is Kassi at 64. Also have a Rogue at 64. My priest is at lvl 60.

This sounds good enough for me. My current guild isn't progressing so we're always stuck at top 12%. Let me know when I can sign up or who I can speak to for joining.

My character name as a mage is Kassi at 64. Also have a Rogue at 64. My priest is at lvl 60.

Just look it up and request invite in game. The leader (Staree, Starri, and a few others) is on all the time, so they'll approve the request. Once the servers come back up though I'll give them a heads up anyway.

RedZone

Neo Member

its from doing 10 guild battles a week, its like the 5 rubies from wb reward same kind of thing

for getting 5% as a guild you will get 41 rubies unless you are within the top 10 of your guild then you probably get 40 from individual rewards for top 10% and then 20 from doing 10 battles in general. to get 150 your guild has to be top 5 or you have to be top 5% individual/top10 in your guild

its from doing 10 guild battles a week, its like the 5 rubies from wb reward same kind of thing

for getting 5% as a guild you will get 41 rubies unless you are within the top 10 of your guild then you probably get 40 from individual rewards for top 10% and then 20 from doing 10 battles in general. to get 150 your guild has to be top 5 or you have to be top 5% individual/top10 in your guild

Ahh thanks. I was going to look it up to double check my assumption, but game is down right now.

server's up early. Enjoy!

Edit: Doh! It downloaded the update but it says "The server is currently locked and cannot be entered". Never seen that message before

commish

Man these jewels are a pretty big boost. Really making the game more pay to win. I added one orange jewel to my draco BW and it added nearly 300 attack.

Man these jewels are a pretty big boost. Really making the game more pay to win. I added one orange jewel to my draco BW and it added nearly 300 attack.

Makes it really tempting to gem some ATK, especially since I have an SSS Base ATK card on Bloodwind so it would see a massive boost, but I think i'm going to start out by gemming Blackaria with Stamina. I want to get her to about 35k HP

How much does it cost to remove the orange jewel, btw?

commish

Makes it really tempting to gem some ATK, especially since I have an SSS Base ATK card on Bloodwind so it would see a massive boost, but I think i'm going to start out by gemming Blackaria with Stamina. I want to get her to about 35k HP

How much does it cost to remove the orange jewel, btw?

Jewels are gonna be required to place high in WB I'm sure. I'll probably go for an attack/stam mix on my allies. I also found out it's 193k gold to remove a jewel. Oops. BS can't use dex.

Jewels are gonna be required to place high in WB I'm sure. I'll probably go for an attack/stam mix on my allies. I also found out it's 193k gold to remove a jewel. Oops. BS can't use dex.

I'm thinking to place high in WB you'll want stamina gems. They'll keep you alive after enrage

Is it possible to survive a rage? I thought it was a wipe.

You can absolutely survive. Someone in my guild says he racked up 1 million points on hydra *just* after the hard enrage. Enrage drastically increases the damage the boss does to you, but it's not necessarily an insta wipe. Personally I've survived an enrage long enough to see the message about him getting ready to enrage again, even though he was already enraged. That was on Lava Golem, but I've definitely been hit by Hydra after enrage and Gram took 2 hits to kill.

It's kind of a risky proposition because conventional wisdom says it's a dps race, but stamina will help in Labyrinth and especially guild battle and arena as well, so I think it's worth the risk. And I have a feeling if you go in there with all your guys having 60k+ HP you will be dominating everyone on the leaderboards.

commish

You can absolutely survive. Someone in my guild says he racked up 1 million points on hydra *just* after the hard enrage. Enrage drastically increases the damage the boss does to you, but it's not necessarily an insta wipe. Personally I've survived an enrage long enough to see the message about him getting ready to enrage again, even though he was already enraged. That was on Lava Golem, but I've definitely been hit by Hydra after enrage and Gram took 2 hits to kill.

It's kind of a risky proposition because conventional wisdom says it's a dps race, but stamina will help in Labyrinth and especially guild battle and arena as well, so I think it's worth the risk. And I have a feeling if you go in there with all your guys having 60k+ HP you will be dominating everyone on the leaderboards.

Hmm I use all DPS and no healer (cept my priest on Hydra), so i don't think I am surviving anything :)

not sure whether to buy the SSS or the SS jewel from arena

I opted for SS. SSS are just too expensive. Even if you get #1, that's STILL not enough to buy a SINGLE SS, let alone 1 SSS. I think the difference is 15 in a stat. SS arena gives me 50.

Edit: As an FYI, jewels drop in Season 2 normal dungeons. I've received a few yellow but I assume better quality jewels drop.

garath

Damn update. Set me back this morning. I'm about 400 arena points behind where I want to be by the time I get to work. Its absolutely crucial I get a solid Tuesday in or I won't even get 5%. Teams get too hard and rng messes with my +20. My best weeks are the ones where I don't lose at all Tues or Wed and get a solid 3400 points. Then its all dailies from there.

Though I think belle snow is helping. I swapped out my Archer Farq for her and I think she's having a much better impact on the team.

Hey guys, i started playing again last week, still trying to finish 'normal' (on last stage). They have a returning players thing going on which is cool cause it gave me my first SSS (Freya).

Still looking for a good priest, i had Sorcerer Morbid(S) who doesn't have Heal All so i'm using him and Priest Nian :s

Anyway, i've been collecting those lollipops but it seems that event has ended? Was this a onetime thing or does this return? I didn't get enough for the good A-SSS summon or equipment so wondering if they're just taking space now.

commish

Hey guys, i started playing again last week, still trying to finish 'normal' (on last stage). They have a returning players thing going on which is cool cause it gave me my first SSS (Freya).

Still looking for a good priest, i had Sorcerer Morbid(S) who doesn't have Heal All so i'm using him and Priest Nian :s

Anyway, i've been collecting those lollipops but it seems that event has ended? Was this a onetime thing or does this return? I didn't get enough for the good A-SSS summon or equipment so wondering if they're just taking space now.

Welcome!

Good luck with the priest. I used the S rank priest Ranran for a long time, then I used the SS rank priest for even longer, and only 3 days ago did I get an improvement. The good news is, you don't always need a great healer :)

Lollipop event is over, but you can still cash in your lollipops if you have enough. I don't know if it's going to return... last time it was roses, and that hasn't returned yet. I still have some roses in my inventory, now that I think about it. If space is at a premium, I'd feel okay about deleting my orange and purple lollipops (and will do the same) but I'll probably hang on to the red just in case. Keep in mind that you can still turn the lollipops in for tickets.

commish

Note to self: don't take the double point challenge in Arena, EVER, if you have 20 wins.

Top Bottom