• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Here's a few more noob questions for you folks:

1 - Formations. Am I eventually going to want to unlock all of them? I'm still pretty light on deifies (just the 4 I use for my main party, still saving mats to make ravengale or falcon once I pull an incanter or Paladin) so at the moment I can't make use of most of them. I know that's just a temporary problem, though

2- Low quality allies: I've generally just been using C's to max B's, so I can combine them into A's, which I then use to max SS characters for combining into SS. I sometimes use an S to enhance an SS, but generally save those for maxing SSS. Is this generally the correct method? Should I only combine S into SS when I am super low on SS?

1.) Noble chivalry and incredible concentration are probably the most used ones. That experience formation is good for leveling. You're probably not gonna use them all, but it doesn't hurt unlocking them. You can just level them while farming. It's what I'm doing.

2.) Don't enhance Bs and As. It's a complete waste. I'd even say S, if you feel you have enough SS from freebies. Anyways, generally, I use C and B units to enhance SS units, and B and A units (and occasionally S units) to enhance SSS units. I mostly save S units to enhance deities.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
2.) Don't enhance Bs and As. It's a complete waste. I'd even say S, if you feel you have enough SS from freebies. Anyways, generally, I use C and B units to enhance SS units, and B and A units (and occasionally S units) to enhance SSS units. I mostly save S units to enhance deities.

I'm having a hard time understanding the math on this. Since C's and B's are so plentiful, wouldn't it be better to make them all A's and therefore actually have a decent enhance rate for S+ units, instead of leaving them C/B and going with the 1-10%?

Ventara

I'm having a hard time understanding the math on this. Since C's and B's are so plentiful, wouldn't it be better to make them all A's and therefore actually have a decent enhance rate for S+ units, instead of leaving them C/B and going with the 1-10%?

I don't have the math on me right now, but it's more efficient this way. You generally get SS units to 10-15% bonus rate (would take 2-4 B units, depending on if there's a buff or not), and then follow up with C units. Sometimes, you have really bad luck and go through 20 C units before you succeed, but usually you succeed within 5 C units.

Inbachi

Neo Member
My WB scores have never been good and that is the weakest area for me (all of them) but damn, Omega improved my score on Hydra by about 160 million.

Not good - next wave of awakened coming on 31st

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/4l8jq5/update_may_31st_patch_note/

ew Awakened Allies

Loki
Ackard

Deus Ragnarok Entry Update

Deus Ragnarok Tickets can now be exchanged for 5 Essences instead of 10 at each Raid Shop.

Guild Level Update

50 >> 60

Buster Key Update

Can adjust Summon Timer (1%-100%) through clicking the key now instead of having to go through the Dragon Buster Page and selecting the Dragon Buster.

Gear Upgrade UI Change

You are now able to save the last gear you upgraded as a place holder for upgrade instead of Dragging and Dropping what you want to upgrade everytime from your Inventory.

My WB scores have never been good and that is the weakest area for me (all of them) but damn, Omega improved my score on Hydra by about 160 million.

160m increase???? I'd feel blessed with much less :)
my *current* hydra score is 98m ;_;
Never-A-Good-Day :X
What's your omega+ value? max?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I guess I'll go ahead and use the 10 hero essences I have on Loki next week, just since I will need to eventually for Tyr. It's my understanding that he's kind of a wash himself since I already have Hawk, but he will at least make for a better lab/arena helper than any of the non-deifies I am currently using.

Ventara

Speaking of hero league, are the rewards for arena/guild battle essentially doubling if we count both leagues? Or are they gonna split the rewards between the 2 leagues?

Beck

Speaking of hero league, are the rewards for arena/guild battle essentially doubling if we count both leagues? Or are they gonna split the rewards between the 2 leagues?

If it's the same as the KR version, the buster league gets essentially the same rewards as we have now, but the hero league drops slightly (top 10% example: arena is 60/40 rubies and gb is 45/36 for top 5 members in the guild).

Still, that means more rubies.

Finally got an Ari from the 2 free SSS pulls, so all I need to do is pull another Tiel and I'm set on paladins forever.

Also I was running into a wall on the last few stages of chapter 3 so I decided to replace Brightspark with Deathcrown and man what an improvement. What is the favored map to farm hero essences? A lot of the bosses seem to have giant HP pools which makes it very difficult to efficiently farm for my non-buster team.

Ventara

Anyone bought that card/gem pet? Thinking of buying it since I farm DD a ton now.

If it's the same as the KR version, the buster league gets essentially the same rewards as we have now, but the hero league drops slightly (top 10% example: arena is 60/40 rubies and gb is 45/36 for top 5 members in the guild).

Still, that means more rubies.

Nice! The amount of rubies one can get in a week has really increased since the start of the game. I remember when I could just barely get 300/week. With the next update, I'll be getting about 4x that. That roughly translates to one Max buster/dark soul every 1.5 month.

Hmm I've got no idea what character to use in non buster gb/arena.

Are there any good warrior builds for pvp ?

The taunt build is pretty popular. There's an offensive build, too, though I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think they get the stun ultimate.

i'm in the *not so sweet* transition phase of my gear...
so much un-maxxed gear..
and so much gear changed just for the sake of itemlevel...
oh well..

small question..
considering we *will* get new u-gear (the when is unclear still)...
should i stash my u-gear to be used as fodder when upgrading item so i will spend much less money on gear upgrade for the lvl 100 u-items?

I got rid of mine - when you spend rubies on shoes it's so easy to get millions of gold anyway. And it's still months away from us before we get that raid.

I'd get insane from farming destruction dungeon without pet if I didn't have 3 pages of stash empty.

edit: now I have new problem with mass producing deities - lack of S fodder for enhancing to +max :D But only 5 SSS from Epsilon

uff..
between friday and today, counting the 2 free sss, i got 5 more sss through fusion and...
jesus, no paladins...
conversely now i'm sitting on 2/3 dark soul mages..
I guess from now on, i'll keep 1x of every dark-soul related sss..
producing sss it's not hard...
(not too much at least)...
conversely keeping up with the unit storage, that's the real pita... i'm costantly full unit when farming -.-

That means you have tons of stuff there :)

I'm down to 4 SS (plus 16 hidden in mailbox from old 1+1) and 3S as my only possessions.

my stash of ss seems to be endless..
in the last 1+1 i overpulled and between weekly rewards (lab + 1 from event clearing) and those "additional" ones, i cannot really manage to stay in line..
most likely i'll get my next dark essence deity (ravengale) to +max using ss fodder....

Beck

Man, I normally use rubies to get my essence, but it looks like I'm going to spend them on shoes from now on.

I sampled 800 shoes over the weekend to test drop rates and came away with 30 essences, 2 S allies, 4 A allies, 46 B allies and 85 C allies (plus some gems).

Per 200 shoes:
Frozen Ruins 9 (Awakened Essence) - 7
Ancient Graves 7 (Ancient Essence) - 8
Cave of Demons 7 (Dark Essence) - 8
Submerged Ruins 5 (Light Essence) - 7

I normally am very conservative with my shoes and tickets (maintaining between 1000-2000 since October), but I guess that has been a mistake.

Man, I normally use rubies to get my essence, but it looks like I'm going to spend them on shoes from now on.

I sampled 800 shoes over the weekend to test drop rates and came away with 30 essences, 2 S allies, 4 A allies, 46 B allies and 85 C allies (plus some gems).

Per 200 shoes:
Frozen Ruins 9 (Awakened Essence) - 7
Ancient Graves 7 (Ancient Essence) - 8
Cave of Demons 7 (Dark Essence) - 8
Submerged Ruins 5 (Light Essence) - 7

I normally am very conservative with my shoes and tickets (maintaining between 1000-2000 since October), but I guess that has been a mistake.
meh..
that is a bit strange...
usually for me the median of light essence is the highest, second is awakened, third is ancient (close to awekened) and FAR behind there are dark essences :X

Heh so we are now getting 50 rubies for participating in buster arena, non-buster arena, buster GBandnon-buster GB.

200 super easy rubies each week

Heh so we are now getting 50 rubies for participating in buster arena, non-buster arena, buster GBandnon-buster GB.

200 super easy rubies each week

understandable though..
dragon buster, dark souls.. they are HUGE committments..
No matter how "decent" you are, you are basically looking at a huge ally and essence sink..

I'm still debating whether to keep these damn sss stashed OR give a big boost to my pluto...

Ventara

I think I need another break from this game. Was grinding arena this morning when I realized I wasn't having fun at all, and somewhat disliked it in fact. Honestly thinking of just quitting. Though at the same time, I'm addicted to this game and have invested tons of time into it, so I'm finding it really hard to just stop. Part of me wants to continue to build my team and see my plans come to fruition, but the other part of me knows that it's just an endless cycle of grinding. Stuff like QoL improvements help, but you still need to check up on it often, and trying to play the game around buff times gets straining.

I think for now I just need to set limits for myself. Stuff like staying up late to get the ally/fortress/use buff bonuses or waking up early to grind arena probably contribute a lot to the mental fatigue I get from this game, so I think I'll put a stop to that. And competing for top 50-1% has to stop, too. The amount of work getting from top 5% to top 1% increases 20x, and it just becomes tiring and boring trying to reach that meta. Really, there are times when I I just want to delete my account and start from the beginning. Meanwhile, getting to top 5% is pretty easy and stress-free. I think setting a time limit where I can access the game is a good idea, like from 7-10PM or something, and then outside that I just won't think about the game at all.

These things will definitely hurt my resource income, especially for gold where it takes so much time to farm it. But if I continue as I am I'm pretty sure I'll become sick of this game. Will give this a try for 1 week to see how things go.

I think I need another break from this game. Was grinding arena this morning when I realized I wasn't having fun at all, and somewhat disliked it in fact. Honestly thinking of just quitting. Though at the same time, I'm addicted to this game and have invested tons of time into it, so I'm finding it really hard to just stop. Part of me wants to continue to build my team and see my plans come to fruition, but the other part of me knows that it's just an endless cycle of grinding. Stuff like QoL improvements help, but you still need to check up on it often, and trying to play the game around buff times gets straining.

I think for now I just need to set limits for myself. Stuff like staying up late to get the ally/fortress/use buff bonuses or waking up early to grind arena probably contribute a lot to the mental fatigue I get from this game, so I think I'll put a stop to that. And competing for top 50-1% has to stop, too. The amount of work getting from top 5% to top 1% increases 20x, and it just becomes tiring and boring trying to reach that meta. Really, there are times when I I just want to delete my account and start from the beginning. Meanwhile, getting to top 5% is pretty easy and stress-free. I think setting a time limit where I can access the game is a good idea, like from 7-10PM or something, and then outside that I just won't think about the game at all.

These things will definitely hurt my resource income, especially for gold where it takes so much time to farm it. But if I continue as I am I'm pretty sure I'll become sick of this game. Will give this a try for 1 week to see how things go.

just do
1) daily login, do daily event 1x regardless of result
2) stash stuff
3) once per week, use all shoes and tix accumulated through the week in auto

rinse and repeat for one month or two..
you'll get less than usual, but at least not everything will be lost :)

arevin01

I can see why they are getting rid of lab in the future. It's way too rewarding atm compared to other events and as we get more events to do, it'll compensate for the loss of lab.

arevin01

lol vent, I get the same feeling every time I try to compete for top 50-1%, top 5% is the sweet spot and it requires very little work, and you can always take mini breaks and refresh like I did and come back stronger and more motivated to play.

Hmm they are giving new pet as reward in june so it's a chance to extend it for 213 rubies - I think I'll buy it now and switch to farming Destruction Dungeon

Salamande

Hmm they are giving new pet as reward in june so it's a chance to extend it for 213 rubies - I think I'll buy it now and switch to farming Destruction Dungeon

Vent mentioned the new pet too. I tried running Destruction Dungeon with it (farming last stage), but I don't think it quite works for me. It extends my sessions a bit, but I still seem to run out of space easily. It can also get expensive - you get a lot of cards, and all that combining can add up to a surprising amount of gold. And with me trying to save up for raising my Buster to max, every bit helps. Think I'll go back to regular essence farming with the other pet.

arevin01

Vent mentioned the new pet too. I tried running Destruction Dungeon with it (farming last stage), but I don't think it quite works for me. It extends my sessions a bit, but I still seem to run out of space easily. It can also get expensive - you get a lot of cards, and all that combining can add up to a surprising amount of gold. And with me trying to save up for raising my Buster to max, every bit helps. Think I'll go back to regular essence farming with the other pet.

I dont like doing DD as well. All those cards/gems combing takes up huge amounts of space and gold to combine. Essences are split in two different ones. The time it takes is longer than normal when youre trying to burn though hundreds of shoes.

I dont like doing DD as well. All those cards/gems combing takes up huge amounts of space and gold to combine. Essences are split in two different ones. The time it takes is longer than normal when youre trying to burn though hundreds of shoes.

iirc if you go for sss gems starting from the lowest rank, let alone materials, in terms of gold a sss gem will cost you a whopping 1 million ;_;

Well It's not a matter of like or don't like.

It's a matter of needing tons of magical scrolls to replace U weapons on most of my chars.

And doing it manually is super painfull when 30 shoes run gives you something like 20 skill cards and dozen or so of gems to combine.

Gold kinda isn't problem - I'm sitting on 22 milions currently due to "spend rubies on shoes to farm essence" over long weekend we had in Poland :)

Inbachi

Neo Member
160m increase???? I'd feel blessed with much less :)
my *current* hydra score is 98m ;_;
Never-A-Good-Day :X
What's your omega+ value? max?

Sorry for the late reply. My Omega wasn't enhanced at all. My top score before was like 150 million and my first run after I made Omega was around 320 million.

Sorry for the late reply. My Omega wasn't enhanced at all. My top score before was like 150 million and my first run after I made Omega was around 320 million.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I have the sss needed for 2 ult chars...
but i have only tiel for a paladin...
one tiel...
the choices......

fused two more sss tonight... 2x mercedes... considering i already had her... -.-
a paladin damn game, gimme a paladin!

Salamande

Well, I was going to +1 Ouranos and max him out. Think I'll save those essences for Iota instead.

Any opinions on Gaia? Is she worth picking up?

Inbachi

Neo Member
I'm liking the new content but on the other hand I'm not going to be able to keep up at all if we keep going at this pace.

I'm liking the new content but on the other hand I'm not going to be able to keep up at all if we keep going at this pace.

the issue is just that buster and dark souls are quite an investment..
unless you already have all the deities to ult..
personally i'm gonna rush the "pantheon" to ult (every deity) and hope for the best..

sss for buster//souls are needed to increase that "summon"..
conversely they are hard-gated beyond a wall of 30xSSS (deity//awakened)...

Even if we take the essence out of the equation (I'm sitting on roughly 50 essence per type), the amount of sss to even "create" the +0 ds//buster is the real issue :)

By now, most veteran have either all deities ulted or close... conversely more casual players and more recent players are far away from that target..

we'll see :/

wapplew

I'm thinking change focus to PVP.
With this patch rate, no way I'm going to keep up. Plus now we have more PVP events, I think it will have better return of investment.

With this patch rate, no way I'm going to keep up. Plus now we have more PVP events, I think it will have better return of investment.

I'm *almost* thinking the same..
i'm already in the top 10% of lab and the return for further investments are not that big..
so far you rack up the money and all those units, the rubies in the labs are the least important aspect..

Hmm I was thinking in completly opposite direction.

Just do enought pvp to keep 5% arena and concentrate on WBs since your investment there is lasting longer.

Also we already have 100% of pvp content released while PVE is still missing several new modes that were released later in Korea.

Top Bottom