• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

wapplew

Hmm I was thinking in completly opposite direction.

Just do enought pvp to keep 5% arena and concentrate on WBs since your investment there is lasting longer.

Also we already have 100% of pvp content released while PVE is still missing several new modes that were released later in Korea.

The problem for me, I can't keep 1% on WB if I'm missing some specific allies no mater how hard I try, it require the right allies, best gear and best card.
PVP on other hand, I could pick opponent weaker than me and score high enough for 1%.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fuck, Iota so soon and I'm still getting brutalized by SSS RNG. It's ridiculous how many SSS I've pulled/combined and still have only seen 1 incanter and 0 paladins.

Edit: like 5 more pulls/combines after that post and still nothing. I'm actually considering maxing and rebirthing at this point since I have like 32 S's.

arevin01

Im focusing on WB team instead as you can use them in both PVP and PVE. And the cost to enhance a DS is immense even more than Busters. Unless they give us more ways to earn essences easier, playing to grind essence isnt very fun and maybe time to retire.

Limit

So basically by next week if you don't have a full team of busters you're not getting very high in the buster leagues or WB anymore. Hoo boy.

Except for like top 1% of players no one is going to have a full team of busters. Everyone is busy just farming for resources. The grind continues irrespective of busters coming next week or two months from now.

Salamande

Except for like top 1% of players no one is going to have a full team of busters. Everyone is busy just farming for resources. The grind continues irrespective of busters coming next week or two months from now.

Yeah, this. Even in Buster League, 75% of the teams I fight have 0-1 buster. If you're not aiming for 1%, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

question: when upgrading sss what's the "correct" way to do it?
because, i often find myself without s//a..
as a result i have the "to-be" ravengale enchanter sss stuck at +2 :|
is there any map that gives a more often?

Beck

Really depends on your preference and how many allies you have. For regular SSS, I generally only use S allies, maybe some As if I'm unlucky and the enhance bonus gets above 50%.

For deities I use one SS and hope that 50% is in my favor, but if it isn't, I just use S until it enhances. Granted, this method guarantees eight SS will be gone, but I have a good pool of SS and don't like wasting essences.

I think all areas have same drop rate for allies

If you have ruby reserve you could get 1 or 2 - 10 packs of allies (as long as you don't hit SSS bonus after that) and also use B as fodder after using 3-4 A.

My tactic for fodder allies:
S- keeping those for maxing deities not using for anything else (except combining 2 SS allies for gm reward each month)
A- keeping them till weekend bonus then use them to +max SSS allies to be deified (I try to do it in advance since it takes a lot). I only use them for maxing SS if I don't have any SSS to enhance for future deifying/awakening
B,C - usual fodder

Ehh I got my Epsilon today but now I have 2 days to prepare for Iota ( 10 SSS missing) instead of 2 weeks as I previously planned. And we have around 6 weeks till first wave of DS.

I wonder what to do now I've got:
Pluto +max
Omega +0
Epsilon +0
2/3 of deities for Iota (and fodder SSS archer to make Tracy)
Princes Mercedes Max+1
Shabelle Max+1
Fulson, Loki and Lucienne at +max

So I think I'll

- make Tracy ASAP (10 SSS)
- enhance Epsilon (9 SSS)
- awaken Mercedes (9 SSS)
- ignore awakened Shabelle
- awaken all 3 rogues and make Tyr (30SSS)

=58 SSS in 6 weeks which is impossible so I'll be delayed on Tyr by 1-2 weeks

Biggest question mark is Mercedes - it's 9 SSS for only benefit of being better Epsilon carrier so maybe I should skip her too and just use Randy instead.

Ventara

I don't know if it's the "correct" way, but I use 3As followed by Bs. I sometimes use an S instead of 3 As if I have a lot of S units, but I generally save them for enhancing deified units.

Really depends on your preference and how many allies you have. For regular SSS, I generally only use S allies, maybe some As if I'm unlucky and the enhance bonus gets above 50%.

For deities I use one SS and hope that 50% is in my favor, but if it isn't, I just use S until it enhances. Granted, this method guarantees eight SS will be gone, but I have a good pool of SS and don't like wasting essences.

i have a gazillion ss...
like 50 or so..
+ 34 in the mail..

the issue is that i just cannot seem to get enough s to manage to get the sss increased using only a//s...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
God, I'm getting discouraged to the point of not wanting to play anymore due to SSS rng. I've combined/summon fucking dozens of SSS over the past week or two trying to get a 2nd incanter (or even a first paladin) and I just keep getting god damn trash warriors and mages.

edit: lol. Did one more combine to use the last my fodder and got Yvante. Shrug. Will still probably be a bit short of having Iota on tuesday, but my next weekend I think I'll have my first buster :)

Limit

So I think I'll

- make Tracy ASAP (10 SSS)
- enhance Epsilon (9 SSS)
- awaken Mercedes (9 SSS)
- ignore awakened Shabelle
- awaken all 3 rogues and make Tyr (30SSS)

=58 SSS in 6 weeks which is impossible so I'll be delayed on Tyr by 1-2 weeks

Biggest question mark is Mercedes - it's 9 SSS for only benefit of being better Epsilon carrier so maybe I should skip her too and just use Randy instead.

Aside from tinuvian I'm not even going to bother with awakened allies for whom I'm not making dark soul out of.

arevin01

If you are f2p, the best course of action is to plan for only 2 DS because resources likely would only allow for 2 for the next few months. My plan for now is to make Shiva then Sasha. Having both Stigma and Tyr is a bit redundant so I'm focusing on getting a Dark Souls healer.

just to know..
i can auto lab to lvl 98//99..
i checked and ffs in floor 95-99 the first one to usually die and cause my downfall is blackaria..
she has 200k hp... what else can i do for her? is there any other survival thing i can ensure for her? anything at all?
she's almost fully gemmed (ss gem stamina), just missing 2 slots..
;_;

keikaku.jpg

Nothing - after 95 her main task is dying and giving shield when Falcon/Omega shield runs out.

Thankfully floors 101-110 are super easy

Limit

300 hero essences get. AKA 1 max DS get. Better than I expected, honestly. I was forecasting maxing 3 DS but at this rate I might be able to max out 4. Not too shabby. The only downside is that no longer am able to save any rubies. All the weekly ruby income plus a bit more is getting spent on shoes. So can't partake in fun 1+1 events.

arevin01

300 hero essences get. AKA 1 max DS get. Better than I expected, honestly. I was forecasting maxing 3 DS but at this rate I might be able to max out 4. Not too shabby. The only downside is that no longer am able to save any rubies. All the weekly ruby income plus a bit more is getting spent on shoes. So can't partake in fun 1+1 events.

What map did you farm for hero essence?

arevin01

Ivory Grave 9. I have tested others and the rate more or less seems to be the same. I chose to mostly farm this one mainly because I sometimes get S ally drops.

Maybe you could find a nice balance between saving and spending? For myself, my weekly income is around 1300 rubies so I would save 1000 rubies for 1+1 and use any extra rubies on shoes.

Anoregon

It sure is nice having over 300 rubies guaranteed every week just from the weekly quest doing arena/guild/etc once each. I'm back over 900 rubies so I can take advantage of the 1+1 tomorrow to at least get a guaranteed pair of SSS.

Finally got to 100 on Lab before I was denied. I still had revives up but I didn't realize that Storm Bear's invulnerability was already triggered and got wiped. Gonna use this 1+1 event to stockpile SSS and Ult Fulson. Only have 10 hero essence though ;_;

So anyone ended floor 50 of the non-buster tower?

I cleared lvl 49 and went to 50 but it's Deathcrown plus 4 healers which felt impossible with dps I had

uff..
i finished my rubies..
hard times...

1) i have ravengale ult (well i have the last 2 sss needed) AND marg ult..
should i craft tracy, ult and get summoner buster?
or i should drop it and go for awakened units? I think since i'm on 2/3 it would make sense to just get the tracy and the buster...

2) i have not awakened the units but as far as key components go for ds i'm

3/3 warrior
3/3 mage
3/3 priest
3/3 rogue
2/3 archer
3/3 paladinn
0/3 summoner

any priority in this direction?
I'm sitting on 24 sss right now..
halp? :)

edit for stealth brag: apparently while auto-ing lab this week i finally made it into top 500, that means that if i use resurrection scroll and actually play myself, i *should* be able to score much higher :L Which buster would help me the most in lab at +0? omega? iota? gaia? I can potentially produce iota or gaia... halp here too :p

Beck

Nice. Iota boosted my Golem score by 50%. I'm glad I invested in her, although I hope the rumors are true about the Souls coming out this month as I need a DPS to keep up with PVP.

1) i have ravengale ult (well i have the last 2 sss needed) AND marg ult..
should i craft tracy, ult and get summoner buster?
or i should drop it and go for awakened units? I think since i'm on 2/3 it would make sense to just get the tracy and the buster...

2) i have not awakened the units but as far as key components go for ds i'm

3/3 warrior
3/3 mage
3/3 priest
3/3 rogue
2/3 archer
3/3 paladinn
0/3 summoner

any priority in this direction?
I'm sitting on 24 sss right now..
halp? :)

Which buster would help me the most in lab at +0? omega? iota? gaia? I can potentially produce iota or gaia... halp here too :

All of this depends how you play. If you're F2P, you should be focusing on two Souls (maybe setting aside for a third). If you're a PVE player, Iota seems to help dramatically. My route is Omega and Iota for busters, Rogue and Incanter for Souls, and probably Archer and Mage for Titans. Seems like the most balanced approach.

As for Lab, Iota doesn't help a lot. Omega has a invincibility that, if you time correctly with Drunken Falcon, you can be unstoppable 80% of the time. Gaia has great AOE attacks, but +0 she is vulnerable. If you're not planning on enhancing, Omega's invincibility might be the most useful.

Anoregon

Whew. I have enough allies to finish ulting tracy and ravengale, so Iota is now just an issue of farming gold and a few more essences.

Limit

Gaia is an aoe beast. I was planning on just making her and setting her aside while i farm for hero essences but seeing her demolish lab is making me reconsider this approach.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I kind of want to make another Buster but I think I'll just start going full steam ahead prepping for Dark Souls now since updates are coming so fast. Is Ragnarok any good? I'll probably skip Tyr since I have Stigma.

Limit

Two downsides to Rag are allies needed to make him are ok at best and he himself won't be of much use in WB. Aside from that he's great. Will be a beast in Arena, GB and fortress battle.

I've just noticed that reward for floor 50 in buster tower is hero selection ticket.

Won't be easy to get but at least it's there :)

Also tickets and shoes from hero tower were lifesavers - they saved me enough rubies to get another 2 SSS from 1+1

I've just noticed that reward for floor 50 in buster tower is hero selection ticket.

Won't be easy to get but at least it's there :)

Also tickets and shoes from hero tower were lifesavers - they saved me enough rubies to get another 2 SSS from 1+1
Should i bite in those towers?
Or should i just rum them in saturday and spam the shoes/ticket in sunday?
Plus...
I'm poor again, and while an auto lab run gives me 75k, it takes time anyway ;_;

They have normal 7 days expiration and you claim them from mailbox so even if you do it now no problem using them on weekend.

Also there's few milions of gold in rewards from Hero Tower

Anoregon

Got Karang from one of my 1+1 tickets today. Pretty happy about that. I know his awaken is fucking beast.

Whizkid7

Should i bite in those towers?
Or should i just rum them in saturday and spam the shoes/ticket in sunday?
Plus...
I'm poor again, and while an auto lab run gives me 75k, it takes time anyway ;_;

Towers are great both for the rewards and the relatively small investment it takes to get in. I was completely broke after making Pluto last weekend; tower not only filled me back up but gave me almost enough rubies for another 1+1. Lab rewards + Hydra should put me over the top.

Buster Tower is giving me trouble though; seems like it's geared for either a full team of Busters or a MAX buster or two.

I only got to clear 18 with Pluto +max, Epsilon +0 and Omega +0 but i mostly lack firepower to clear enemies fast enough so +max dps buster should be able to go higher.

Anoregon

SSS ticket and 120 rubies login bonuses this Saturday and Sunday. Good stuff! (From reddit thread)

Top Bottom