• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You guys are probably right. I'm geared with mostly reds/blacks from Deus Rag/old red Rag stuff. Is there a better raid to farm now? I'm not against dropping 500 rubies on the pets to make auto raid a thing.

There is a new raid that drops lvl 88 gear, Frost Tyrant.

Deus rag stuff is still good though, especially the chests and weapons with good active effects.

arevin01

Well, we have confirmation now. Hopefully I can ult Howl this weekend.

I don't know. If that was the case, I should be doing amazing with Stigma. I still can't top the score I had back when I had Gram and Tiel (though I probably got lucky with that score. Maybe once I get Omega.

michaelius posted a good guide/video on how he got high score awhile back.

That wasn't mine score unfortunately :( But yeah videos with tactics should be here in this thread few pages ago in one of my posts.

Biggest secret tech for Shariet was using enemy atk speed reduction weapons and enemy defense reduction weapons.

As for Deus rag gear - it's still solid for PVE but for PVP you are paper tiger in it since lvl 88 gives similar/better stats but with possibility of 70+ % reduction of enemy crit damage.

i blew like 800 tix on lvl 88 raid, and the gear i got was underwhelming..
ok i accept that the fourth stat is 99% crit dmg red, but ideally i need

sta
primary
hp
+crit dmg red

or in a MUCH minor amount

sta
primary
def
+crit dmg red

and the amount of gear i got with

sta
primary
immunity
crit dmg red
is just ridiculous, considering that if we don't get the red gear, we get totally useless ss gear... ;_;

Wait that's the best one

for PVP you want

sta // for player character extra hp instead of stamina
primary
immunity //debuff reduction on one piece
crit dmg red

Def is barely useful since everyone will have at least 50-60% def.pen. just from lvl 88 set bonus and accessories
Immunity is super important since it prevents stuns etc. and stunned Falcon or DBA= huge problem in arena

other equip only for world boss characters (and even then immunity is important so they don't lose time stunned)

Whizkid7

Alright I keep having an issue when I run Shariet. Whenever I try to summon my helper I get "world/character not found" - I sometimes saw this in lab when my whole party was nuked down as I was trying to summon a helper, but I KNOW some of my party is still alive when I'm trying on Shariet. What gives here?

Wait that's the best one

for PVP you want

sta // for player character extra hp instead of stamina
primary
crit dmg red

Def is barely useful since everyone will have at least 50-60% def.pen. just from lvl 88 set bonus and accessories
Immunity is super important since it prevents stuns etc. and stunned Falcon or DBA= huge problem in arena

other equip only for world boss characters (and even then immunity is important so they don't lose time stunned)

sta// for player character extra hp instead.. not so clear..
shouldn't i aim to have both possibly? or hp does not affect npc? or the ratio of conversion from stam to hp is different from npc to main char?
I was under the impression that
hp is pure health
sta is 1sta:32hp
as a result sta it a wildly inferior stat, as gear with 120 stam translates to what? 3800hp? where that piece of gear IF it has hp, it has around 7000 (the 88 raid gear)..
or stam has any secondary effect?

additionally
you mean i have to have ONLY one piece with debuff reduction and the rest whatever (like crit reduction)? Isn't one piece too little, given the importance you're giving to resist debuff?

sta// for player character extra hp instead.. not so clear..
shouldn't i aim to have both possibly? or hp does not affect npc? or the ratio of conversion from stam to hp is different from npc to main char?
I was under the impression that
hp is pure health
sta is 1sta:32hp
as a result sta it a wildly inferior stat, as gear with 120 stam translates to what? 3800hp? where that piece of gear IF it has hp, it has around 7000 (the 88 raid gear)..
or stam has any secondary effect?

STA only gives 32 hp but STA itself is multiplied by Ally enhance level so actual gain is much higher, exception is player character where multiplier is 1.

Having STA+extra hp is nice but there's no place for it on gear

additionally
you mean i have to have ONLY one piece with debuff reduction and the rest whatever (like crit reduction)? Isn't one piece too little, given the importance you're giving to resist debuff?

No - all 4 pieces of armor should have crit damage reducion
2 or 3 of them should have immunity
1 should have debuff resist

Reason no to invest too much in debuff resist is because from what i've read even having 100% of it reduces debuff time by 1/3 so with dimishing returns it's not so great.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I combined/pulled 7 SSS yesterday, still no paladin or 2nd Incanter.

On the bright side, I got Margaret Ulted.

I've started logging number of essences received/shoes for last few days and while sample size is still small result is kinda interesting.

I've been doing AG7 only and so far average is >2 essences per 100 shoes.

uff..
doing the lvl 88 raid boss with pugs is a pita..
going with my warrior tank + pluto...
and we consistently get C or something like that..
I just got paired with pala tank, pala tank, sorc (geared god only knows how) and...
C..
the boss took forever to die... ;_;

arevin01

uff..
doing the lvl 88 raid boss with pugs is a pita..
going with my warrior tank + pluto...
and we consistently get C or something like that..
I just got paired with pala tank, pala tank, sorc (geared god only knows how) and...
C..
the boss took forever to die... ;_;

If you can max Pluto, he can solo the raid in under 30 sec.

If you can max Pluto, he can solo the raid in under 30 sec.

I agree, but i was keeping essence and sss for some more pressing investment..
e.g. ravengale XD
e.g.2 getting how + ultimate howl, so that if i find another paladin (i would prefer keeping tiel as her awakened seems to be really strong) I'm ready to rumble paladin buster which is still used even in kr meta
e.g.3 getting paula along with ravengale, so that i'm ready for incanter db which again seems to be still used :p

oh well, we'll see :)

on a side note: how is one supposed to progress through the fortress?
because let's face it, as you progress on, you WILL find much more competitive teams..
I already see some teams with almost full ultimates on all 3 teams..
and my team really struggle to kill two full team of ultimates with NO casuality, by the time i reach the third group of ultimates, I'm pretty much out of steam..
when the more busters and dark souls come, fortress will become a shitfest, where you will just KEEP your rank, as you cannot go through 3 team of busters//dark souls with just one team, unless you are riding on a FULL busters//ds team REALLY pumped up and then you might go for it...

arevin01

I agree, but i was keeping essence and sss for some more pressing investment..
e.g. ravengale XD
e.g.2 getting how + ultimate howl, so that if i find another paladin (i would prefer keeping tiel as her awakened seems to be really strong) I'm ready to rumble paladin buster which is still used even in kr meta
e.g.3 getting paula along with ravengale, so that i'm ready for incanter db which again seems to be still used :p

oh well, we'll see :)

on a side note: how is one supposed to progress through the fortress?
because let's face it, as you progress on, you WILL find much more competitive teams..
I already see some teams with almost full ultimates on all 3 teams..
and my team really struggle to kill two full team of ultimates with NO casuality, by the time i reach the third group of ultimates, I'm pretty much out of steam..
when the more busters and dark souls come, fortress will become a shitfest, where you will just KEEP your rank, as you cannot go through 3 team of busters//dark souls with just one team, unless you are riding on a FULL busters//ds team REALLY pumped up and then you might go for it...

The idea is just stay at the rank where you're comfortable with. For me I can reach top 50 but Ill likely be attacked endlessly so I dont bother with it and stay at a low rank for top 5% and I dont get attacked for days.

Anoregon

Man, Omega envy is real. I'm really hoping we get one of those hero selector SSS cards sometime soon so I can at least get my first Paladin and make Falcon.

Ventara

Are you guys using Falcon/Stigma? Mine went up 225M. Still nowhere close to what number 1 currently has. I am really curious as to what their team composition is.

Anyways, Arena was pretty tough today. Lots of people got Omega and Ouranos. Even getting 1% will probably be a challenge.

Omega+Stigma/Ouranos is really punishing my Pluto+Omega team - I'll need to make Tracy asap so I can at least try to deal with Stigmas. I guess I overlooked it with my original buster plan that I won't have dps buster till first Dark Souls wave.

Okay mine didn't go up THAT far with Ouranos. Damn, Omega envy is real alright. Too bad I only have one paladin and a Tiel that's waiting for her awakened form.

I think I'd rather risk deifying Tiel if it gives you Omega as we still have months before that awakened wave plus DB Korea gave hero select tickets few times already so we should get it too.

i'm having the same problem..
running with just one buster (non upgraded) has really killed my scores across the board (went 1 bracket down across the board)...

i have approximately 15 sss..

alternative:
1) i get omega --> have to get ult howl (ez), and hope that by force fusing my ss (have now 36 ss in post, plus an host of ss in inventory) i get one paladin (have tiel, but i would really like to keep her for when her awakened is released
2) get ouranos --> i have bloodwind alreayd, need in case to get llewlyn and tigger... not really a fan of this direction, but i guess i can make do

advice?
I am sitting on 3800 rubies, so i'm confident i can farm a lot of my ss into sss :X

Whizkid7

I think I'd rather risk deifying Tiel if it gives you Omega as we still have months before that awakened wave plus DB Korea gave hero select tickets few times already so we should get it too.

I'd still need one more Paladin to deify in order to get Omega, and I still need to make Pluto, so definitely not happening right now.

Are you guys using Falcon/Stigma? Mine went up 225M. Still nowhere close to what number 1 currently has. I am really curious as to what their team composition is.

Anyways, Arena was pretty tough today. Lots of people got Omega and Ouranos. Even getting 1% will probably be a challenge.

I was at number 23 before patch now im at 70 something so yeah its a rough week.

KimChi

Omega+Stigma/Ouranos is really punishing my Pluto+Omega team - I'll need to make Tracy asap so I can at least try to deal with Stigmas. I guess I overlooked it with my original buster plan that I won't have dps buster till first Dark Souls wave.

That's my problem as well, I'm lacking a dps buster and its hurting my score in arena mostly since I've been at top 10% in arena lately so might get bumped out of that now lol. I'm considering just making Trigger to grab Ouranos since she is the only one I'm missing but gonna leave at 0 enhance to work on awaken units. Think thats a good idea? xD
I've got Pluto and Omega currently and got all the allies needed for Iota as well.
I'm skeptical about the free hero selection ticket, anniversary recently passed and that would've been perfect to give one out to everyone. It makes me wonder if we are ever getting one tbh.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I put Omega on my Paladin main character. With Falcon in your party too, you're nearly constantly invincible if you get a bit lucky with the timing. Falcon casts his shield, Omega is summoned and casts her shield around the time Falcon's runs out. Then they alternate.

i'm having the same problem..
running with just one buster (non upgraded) has really killed my scores across the board (went 1 bracket down across the board)...

i have approximately 15 sss..

alternative:
1) i get omega --> have to get ult howl (ez), and hope that by force fusing my ss (have now 36 ss in post, plus an host of ss in inventory) i get one paladin (have tiel, but i would really like to keep her for when her awakened is released
2) get ouranos --> i have bloodwind alreayd, need in case to get llewlyn and tigger... not really a fan of this direction, but i guess i can make do

advice?
I am sitting on 3800 rubies, so i'm confident i can farm a lot of my ss into sss :X

Both of those sound bad. One is huge gamble as I only got 3 Paladins total in close to 150 SSS. The other is very expensive for a buster that will be outperformed later.

Someone posted this on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/4kvhvt/cannot_understand_top_scores/

and there's one gem hidden in answers
if you are with American server, check out my characters and gears. im jokahz32. for hydra, i use: Mag priest 2x cdr raven 2x cdr U speed card falcon/omage 2cdr U Speed card mikael/stigma 1cdr 1def reduce U boss card awaken mercedice 1 cdr 1def reduce SSS boss carD for helper, bell snow 2xcdr U Speed card swift counter formtion. for golem, i use the same. but have bell snow with 1 def reduce.

for sherit, i use Mag priest 2x cdr raven 1 cdr 1def reduce falcon/omage 1cdr 1def reduce mikael/stigma 1cdr 1def reduce awaken mercedice 1 cdr 1def reduce for helper, bell snow 1cdr 1def reduce swift counter formtion. thats what works for me and it gets me to top 50 and sometime top 10. i just need more U Ring from coin shop with boss damage.

That's my problem as well, I'm lacking a dps buster and its hurting my score in arena mostly since I've been at top 10% in arena lately so might get bumped out of that now lol. I'm considering just making Trigger to grab Ouranos since she is the only one I'm missing but gonna leave at 0 enhance to work on awaken units. Think thats a good idea? xD
I've got Pluto and Omega currently and got all the allies needed for Iota as well.

To be honest if I had any class where I needed only 10 SSS to make buster I'd do it but I'd try to enhance it. Even if Rogue Dark Soul is better then Ouranos can be put as helper in Arena or Fortress.

same here. Dont know what to do atm i guess just save my SSS for Iota trying to get her to maybe +7 or so and hoping her dmg is good enough.

I've got 2/3 for Iota at the moment but I think she won't improve Arena situation very much (still I'll make her for WB) - she only has one active skill usefull for pvp.

edit: I might pay for it with small delay with first DS but I'm gonna make Epsilon so my team will be:

DBA, Mercedes+Epsilon, Pluto warrior, Howl (to be replaced by Iota when released), Falcon with Omega

Anoregon

Is 6 piece Frozen Tyrant generally the best gear option now, or is some mix of 2/4 with the deus rag set ever better? Assuming scrolls used on the Frozen weapons so that active effects are equalized.

My item drop stats collection for AG7 early >2800 shoes sample size

% in first column is premium item drop rate/ally rate increase at the time i was farming

m1dnPBll.png

jesus..
5,1 put me in the 17% lab...
-.-
i NEED the buster... honestly i'm loosing too much by not having them, both arena-wise,wb wise... and now lab-wise :/

Salamande

jesus..
5,1 put me in the 17% lab...
-.-
i NEED the buster... honestly i'm loosing too much by not having them, both arena-wise,wb wise... and now lab-wise :/

Wait a little bit and check your score again. It can take a little while to repopulate - I was thinking the same thing myself, but I came back half an hour later and I had much better numbers.

That said, yes, you definitely need some kind of buster right now.

sitting on 18 sss now..
Tonight I'll avoid anything else and just farm levels for allies..
same on next saturday..
at that point i'll just bruteforce the whole thing....
At worst i'll make pluto the god that he deserves to be :p

Got 1125 millions on hydra with a lucky run today (500m improvement over last week) and the really crazy thing is that I'm not even sure if it will be enough to keep place in 1%.

edit: someone made Ouranos +2 in my guild - after using it few times in GB as ally sadly it isn't doing much at that enhance level

arevin01

Unless it has better rewards, I dont see why would us common folks compete in a buster league, all the top players have every buster at max so it will be very hard to get high rankings .

arevin01

Got 1125 millions on hydra with a lucky run today (500m improvement over last week) and the really crazy thing is that I'm not even sure if it will be enough to keep place in 1%.

edit: someone made Ouranos +2 in my guild - after using it few times in GB as ally sadly it isn't doing much at that enhance level

I got 600+mil without stigma so I can only guess what it would be like with him. What formation do you use?

whynotboth.jpg

From what I understand everyone can compete in both leagues and get rewards for both.

For Hydra:
Inc. Concentration - Priest, DBS, Belle Snow, Raven, Falcon with Omega and Marg as helper

Anoregon

Here's a few more noob questions for you folks:

1 - Formations. Am I eventually going to want to unlock all of them? I'm still pretty light on deifies (just the 4 I use for my main party, still saving mats to make ravengale or falcon once I pull an incanter or Paladin) so at the moment I can't make use of most of them. I know that's just a temporary problem, though

2- Low quality allies: I've generally just been using C's to max B's, so I can combine them into A's, which I then use to max SS characters for combining into SS. I sometimes use an S to enhance an SS, but generally save those for maxing SSS. Is this generally the correct method? Should I only combine S into SS when I am super low on SS?

Top Bottom