• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

StuffRuff

So today would have been my 28th login day for a guaranteed S summon but I was hoping the new SS summon would have came in time for me to get that. But turns out that they reset me back to 1 day instead so I miss out on a S and a SS. Not cool....

Chaos17

So today would have been my 28th login day for a guaranteed S summon but I was hoping the new SS summon would have came in time for me to get that. But turns out that they reset me back to 1 day instead so I miss out on a S and a SS. Not cool....

Same, sothey reset their calendar for each new motn :(

xR8ceZi.jpg

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?252196-Event-๑-July-Buff-Bonus-๑-07-01-07-31
Event Duration
07/01 ~ 07/31 PDT/SGT/CET

Monday ~ Friday

[6:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT] Doubled Friend help duration time. (60 sec -> 120 sec)
[12:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM PDT] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 50%
[3:00 PM ~ 6:00 PM PDT] Increase EXP in dungeon by 30%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00PM PDT] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 50%
[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM] Increase SS~SSS Dungeon Item Drop rate by 50%, Increase EXP in dungeon by 30%

Saturday ~ Sunday

[All day] Doubled Friend help duration time. (60 sec -> 120 sec)
[12:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%
[3:00 PM ~ 6:00 PM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%
[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM] Increase SS~SSS Dungeon Item Drop rate by 100%, Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%

Extra~!
Daily Special Buffs

[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM] Daily Special Buff
[Mon] Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%
[Tue] Increase Ally drop rate in dungeon by 50%
[Wed] Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%
[Thu] Increase Ally drop rate in dungeon by 50%
[Fri] Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%
[Sat] Decrease Ally Enhance cost by 30%
[Sun] Decrease Item Enhance cost by 30%

LbMhuRE.jpg

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?252185-Event-╰☆-Happy-Hour-Update-☆╯07-01-07-31

Event Duration
7/1 - 7/31 PDT/SGT/CET

☆ Americas (Weekday) ☆
[12:00PM ~ 03:00PM PDT]: 30,000 Gold
[03:00PM ~ 06:00PM PDT]: 20 Shoes
[06:00PM ~ 09:00PM PDT]: 20 Tickets
[09:00PM ~ 12:00AM PDT]: B~S Ally Summon

☆ Americas (Weekend) ☆
[12:00PM ~ 03:00PM PDT]: 50,000 Gold
[03:00PM ~ 06:00PM PDT]: 30 Shoes
[06:00PM ~ 09:00PM PDT]: 30 Tickets
[09:00PM ~ 12:00AM PDT]: A~S Ally Summon

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

☆ SEA (Weekday) ☆
[08:00 ~ 11:00 SGT]: 30,000 Gold
[11:00 ~ 14:00 SGT]: 20 Shoes
[18:00 ~ 21:00 SGT]: 20 Tickets
[21:00 ~ 24:00 SGT]: B~S Ally Summon

☆ SEA (Weekend) ☆
[09:00 ~ 12:00 SGT]: 50,000 Gold
[12:00 ~ 15:00 SGT]: 30 Shoes
[18:00 ~ 21:00 SGT]: 30 Tickets
[21:00 ~ 24:00 SGT]: A~S Ally Summon

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

☆ EU (Weekday) ☆
[08:00 ~ 11:00 CET]: 30,000 Gold
[11:00 ~ 14:00 CET]: 20 Shoes
[18:00 ~ 21:00 CET]: 20 Tickets
[21:00 ~ 24:00 CET]: B~S Ally Summon

☆ EU (Weekend) ☆
[09:00 ~ 12:00 CET]: 50,000 Gold
[12:00 ~ 15:00 CET]: 30 Shoes
[18:00 ~ 21:00 CET]: 30 Tickets
[21:00 ~ 24:00 CET]: A~S Ally Summon

Just started the game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm up to level 16 and just started Shadow River. Did a few raids last night, which was pretty fun. All in all, I believe that this will be my other Android game, right along side One Piece: Treasure Cruise.

Are there any specific things that I should be doing right now, other than story mode? I'm playing as Priest currently. My current part has max rapport, but should I actively be switching out party members in order to max out others? Also, do we have any guilds that I could join? I'm sure there are some that are fairly picky on who they will take, but hopefully somebody has an opening?

IGN: Cloogr - Shoot me some requests!

sensui-tomo

how did you miss out an SS, unless the S was going to be used to make an SS.
They say at the calendar that it resets the begining of each month, the end of the month SS is for this month, they werent changing it from last month (they said the SS is for july), so basically you didnt get an S, and 20k gold each day after that.

Chaos17

My beginner tips :
1. max rapport for every new race you get to get 10 rubies each time
2. add regulary friends to your friend list to use them in dungeon to get friendship point
3. do not sell your monsters, it's pointless.
4. Don't use your rubies or FP for equipements in cash shop, you will easely loot them.

The goal is to get a lot of monsters for enhancing and for combining. You can get great monsters with combine whatever your level is. The greater is the monster, the easier you will advance in the story.

Friendship points and Rubies will allow you to get faster monsters through the cash shop since it's not common (at high level) to get monster (unless you farm a specific place for a certain amount of time).

Usefull links :
1) Priest guide (build and advice) but don't do the magnify build unless you've a great dps party and don't listen to them you can play an autobattle priest
2) FAQ
3) Promotion Codes

garath

Dear game: rot in hell with your constant push notifications.
"Oh, an SMS? By whom?" Another push notification.

Oh hey, did you know? There's a special ruby bundle for 29.99, 49.99 or 99.99! Don't miss out! It may be another 3 logins before you see it again!!

God the AI is so stupid. Just focus down one target and move on, stop splitting the damage while they heal up.

Yea, but the enemies do the same thing, so it's balanced in a way. It would be really annoying if the enemy focused down your healer first, and it would be unbalanced if player AI was fundamentally different than enemy AI

Unrelated question: Is an update coming soon? I have two maxed SS I want to combine but if we're about to get new SSS allies I'd rather wait

sensui-tomo

Yea, but the enemies do the same thing, so it's balanced in a way. It would be really annoying if the enemy focused down your healer first, and it would be unbalanced if player AI was fundamentally different than enemy AI

Unrelated question: Is an update coming soon? I have two maxed SS I want to combine but if we're about to get new SSS allies I'd rather wait

you could wait two weeks and hope the "Make an SSS and get 200 rubies + S ally" gets renewed because boy is 200 rubies worth it.

Yaari

I think last time someone got an extra SSS bonus out of it? Because the event counter reset without the event actually ending.

Anyway all those bonuses are pretty awesome. They are really generous with them.

FoxSpirit

Oh hey, did you know? There's a special ruby bundle for 29.99, 49.99 or 99.99! Don't miss out! It may be another 3 logins before you see it again!!
I know I just missed checking an SMS because I was thinking, "Leave me alone, push notification."
Uninstalled.
God, such great art wasted on such a shitty game. I feel bad for the artists.

Einbroch

Banned
I know I just missed checking an SMS because I was thinking, "Leave me alone, push notification."
Uninstalled.
God, such great art wasted on such a shitty game. I feel bad for the artists.

What are you talking about with push notifications? Just disable them?

sensui-tomo

What are you talking about with push notifications? Just disable them?

I've been wondering about this too, are people getting pop-ups outside of the game saying "buy the rubies"? because i've only seen them in game.. which isnt bad, and the only things i get outside of the game are "Hey its an event, pick up your free gold/tickets/shoes/Summon" I have an android version so i'd laugh if iphone users are the only ones getting hit with ads outside of the game.

When does the bonus for combining SS and SSS reset?
July 13th is the last day, so july 14, but there is a slight chance they might not renew that event.

Einbroch

Banned
I've been wondering about this too, are people getting pop-ups outside of the game saying "buy the rubies"? because i've only seen them in game.. which isnt bad, and the only things i get outside of the game are "Hey its an event, pick up your free gold/tickets/shoes/Summon" I have an android version so i'd laugh if iphone users are the only ones getting hit with ads outside of the game.

I have iOS and have never received a pop-up or anything while not playing. Even in game you only get the popup if you go back to the main screen, and even that only takes half a second to close.

Quitting a game because of a half second popup every once and a while, in-game, and calling it "shitty" seems ridiculous.

Pejo

I'll tell you what isn't balanced though, going up against 3+ lizard mages at a time and have them lock all your skills down and AOE you to oblivion. It wasn't so bad until Legend.

Whizkid7

I'll tell you what isn't balanced though, going up against 3+ lizard mages at a time and have them lock all your skills down and AOE you to oblivion. It wasn't so bad until Legend.

I hate those guys with a fiery passion. Having one on your side, however, is fantastic, especially for Arena. Watching the entire enemy team get skill locked feels so good.

sensui-tomo

I hate those guys with a fiery passion. Having one on your side, however, is fantastic, especially for Arena. Watching the entire enemy team get skill locked feels so good.

seeing everyone get turned into lambs is histerical, its why i love AoE lamb mages... more tolerable being turned into a sheep, than fighting an invisible rogue.(they annoy me, so i became one)

JigsawX

CI1q51ZWwAE56W9.png

I needed a mage but that's not really the one I wanted.
Oh, well she better than a crappy ally, I guess.

She's actually a really strong summon. I subbed out my Max SSS Pearla to put her in. I recently got Turq / Queen so now i'm debating whether I should put them in but haven't come to a decision yet.

FoxSpirit

I have iOS and have never received a pop-up or anything while not playing. Even in game you only get the popup if you go back to the main screen, and even that only takes half a second to close.

Quitting a game because of a half second popup every once and a while, in-game, and calling it "shitty" seems ridiculous.
I am talking about "Claim your .... item. You have until whatever PM!!!"
Out of game, while playing the "you have a message" sound on my phone. Every 4-5 hours.

Thanks to this thread, I went to google and yes, there is a setting in the Android settings to disable push notifications on a per game basis. Too late game, you annoyed the hell out of me the past 3 days not playing.

I won't comment on the quality of the gameplay further since some people just love grind games. I simply had too many by now.

Chaos17

She's actually a really strong summon. I subbed out my Max SSS Pearla to put her in. I recently got Turq / Queen so now i'm debating whether I should put them in but haven't come to a decision yet.

Yeah, I know but i needed an AoE mage for my team because I'm totally lacking dps xD

Wait until you get to Myth. The stages that these asshats spawn in? Each fucking round is a full set of 5 fuck-you lizard mages. Make sure that you have lvl 55 ally mages that have ultimate AOE, that fucks up those lizard mages instantly.

It's the thing that says "log in now to get 20 shoes in the next 3 hours" etc

JigsawX

Looks like top 50 will be attainable at this rate, I'm in a weird spot between rank 13 and 15. 700 points above and below. Top 10 would be .....within reach if I factor in the extra 100 gems and use those to buy tickets but not sure if I should attempt it or not.

Cybolt

Looks like top 50 will be attainable at this rate, I'm in a weird spot between rank 13 and 15. 700 points above and below. Top 10 would be .....within reach if I factor in the extra 100 gems and use those to buy tickets but not sure if I should attempt it or not.

Right up there with you. The points shift quite a bit once you play a few matches and the gap isn't as wide as it looks.

garath

I won't be top 50 haha. My team is trash and I'm sure most of you here had a great time whooping my ass.

My team is more trash. I'm going to consider it a win to get top 5%. My rolls have been horrid. red priest was my best one so far.

zanyu

Do you guys think there's going to be a content patch next week or anytime soon?

Anyone know what the score for 1% in lab?

Currently I'm 315k and around 4%. Probably will be pushed out of 5% and be put into 10%.

It seems like my resource for rubies is diminishing cause I'm getting pushed down out of everything, Arena, Lab, WB and Guild battles.

I was averaging 600ish rubies a week. Seems like I'm going to be getting 400 this go around. :(

No idea how to keep up without spending money.

I'm close to 250 rubies and I just started yesterday, so what would be the best use of them for right now? Should I go ahead and do premium summons, or something else?

Ventara

I'm close to 250 rubies and I just started yesterday, so what would be the best use of them for right now? Should I go ahead and do premium summons, or something else?

Since you just started, probably. Just remember to do a bunch of summons since you get a 5 ruby discount for every continuous summon after the first. You'll mostly get As, with a few Ss, unless you get REALLY lucky. They'll help form a good beginner team.

niosh

Banned
It seems like my resource for rubies is diminishing cause I'm getting pushed down out of everything, Arena, Lab, WB and Guild battles.

I was averaging 600ish rubies a week. Seems like I'm going to be getting 400 this go around. :(

Are you reinvesting your rubies into yourself/allies or just hording?

garath

250 is a decent point to pull. I actually like to have 255 to get exactly 10 pulls. 30 for the first, 25 for each after. It's a nice round number.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally hanging up the hat on this one.
On to another mobile experience! (looking like treasure island if I can get a good enough starter pull)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
250 is a decent point to pull. I actually like to have 255 to get exactly 10 pulls. 30 for the first, 25 for each after. It's a nice round number.

I do the same. Say what you want about the pull rates, but I do have to admit that I have 200 or so gems every few days. They give them away at a pretty good rate.

Whizkid7

My team is more trash. I'm going to consider it a win to get top 5%. My rolls have been horrid. red priest was my best one so far.

I'm still level 35. I bet every one of you could destroy me. But I'm hovering around 8% at the moment due to blowing all my tickets on Tuesday so I might actually be able to hang onto top 10% instead of top 20% this week!

inthrall

Third SSS and I get a Princess Mercedes! Now have her, Deathcrown and Dark Mage Pari. As amazing as the healing is, I would kill for a high damage dude when I finally get a fourth

sensui-tomo

Third SSS and I get a Princess Mercedes! Now have her, Deathcrown and Dark Mage Pari. As amazing as the healing is, I would kill for a high damage dude when I finally get a fourth

You want Belle Snow as your forth... or gram, trust me. Its part of the (i win at stuff) pulls. But Gratz for a great priest pull.

zanyu

Are you reinvesting your rubies into yourself/allies or just hording?

I save my rubies until the last reset of the week (hydra wb) and spam summon.

I have 7 SSS allies, none are Max.
Highest one I got is +6.

Still using (S - Max + 4) ranran as my healer.

(SS max) Dark lance my tank.

I've beaten myth gram, so I'm not super salty about pulls, as long as I can beat all content I am happy. There is a noticeable difference between class performance at the moment which makes unhappy though.

JigsawX

Do you guys think there's going to be a content patch next week or anytime soon?

Anyone know what the score for 1% in lab?

Currently I'm 315k and around 4%. Probably will be pushed out of 5% and be put into 10%.

Oh wow 600 per week was your average? 360 was mine and i generally place 5% in most events. Are you a rogue by any chance?

Uthred

Stuck in The Fortress on Legendary, the rogues on stage 7 or so just wipe me out. Not looking forward to how mental Myth must be.

Edit: Clearly complaining online works ;) (as well as double length allies), up to Legendary Gram

zanyu

Oh wow 600 per week was your average? 360 was mine and i generally place 5% in most events. Are you a rogue by any chance?

I'm a sheep mage.

1% in arena.

1-5% in Lab.
120-80

Top 3-5 for my guild 80+ rubies.
182-70 rubies.

My individual guild battle rank varied from 4-8%. (Really counts on how lucky I was with team, getting 5 points vs 1 point and ticket consumption.)
70-40

World Boss always 3-4% both.
70 x 2

Dailies and weekly quests.
Daily: 7
Weekly 17

Total: 656 high end
474 super low end.

Everything I've been getting knocked down, inactivity in my guild dropped us down out of the top 5 ranks and was down to the top 5%.

Arena, I missed the 1% cut off with 6200 points, last week I was safe with 5300.

Lab, I've been doing okay with 300kish points, but seems like I'll be knocked out of the 5% bracket. I haven't been able to get 1% since myth came out. Only when Legend was the highest difficulty.

No idea where I'll stand on Hydra this week.

Completely F2P player. I just use my shoes/tickets throughout the day, and look out for the events.
Arena is just sniping and spending tickets when getting 1%. I feel as if top 10 though actually requires a "good" team with Maxed out units because you're going to have to be farming someone, and generally those who are more dedicated in this game will most likely have the enhanced SSS team.

Labyrinth I just ran a 3 dps 1 healer, and tanks were my assists. With RNG through aoe sheep, I am able to beat round 25. After that when trying to burn tickets I just let rng try to take me as far as I can starting from round 25.

As far as my SSS allies nothing too crazy (I don't think at least.)

SSS
Konfi (Single target healer)
Azur (DPS warrior)
Karang (gnoll dps warrior)
Pearla (mage)
Pari (mage)
Aura (archer)

Top Bottom