• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Einbroch

Banned
Is Freyd actually that bad? His DPS seems pretty reasonable to me

Freyd is a weird bag.

Her single target damage is absolutely outstanding. She can one-shot a lot of enemies. Her big issue is her final passive is useless (+gold), she has no CC, and she has no vanish. She's incredibly squishy. If any baddie focuses on her, she's dead. Percy has the opposite problem. No burst, all sustain damage, but still no CC.

Cybolt

Arena probably ends here. I'm #31 but slowly dropping due to there only being a single opponent I can even defeat. I'm sure that by the time of the next reset, people with killer teams have taken over my spot.

Your team is feast or famine for me.

I either wreck you or you CC my healer and I get rocked hard. Damn you! I want to farm your sweet, sweet party!

I think people just want to show how much they care for you. :<

sensui-tomo

Alright, I have a problem.

I have a great tank (Patta) but all three of my DPS are terrible. Percy, Karang, Freyd. I have my Percy to +6, so he's close to being rebirthed. Yay/Nay? I have a full SSS team with Viri as my support unit.

just know that if you rebirth, you always have the worst chance of being rick GNOLLED by rebirth, know that it can happen.
pulled a red belle right after a combine... gonna try to make one last SSS in order to have 8 SSS for lab

Kalavaras

Banned
I got my first ever priest ally, Ranran. Is she able to survive anything on myth or is it too late for her. She could take my tier4 SSS archers spot. Im playing a priest myself.

Limit

If for that ascension mechanic you combine maxed out SSS units then rebirthing doesn't make sense to me. Unless you are absolutely rolling in SSS units and are low on space. Correct me if I am wrong.

Whizkid7

Ugh, I hate the arena sometimes. "Oh, you finally found an opponent around your level? That's great EXCEPT THEIR ALLIES ARE ALL 10+ LEVELS ABOVE HAHAHAHAHA ENJOY NOT HAVING BONUS POINTS ANYMORE!"

*grumbles to self*

Einbroch

Banned
Ugh, I hate the arena sometimes. "Oh, you finally found an opponent around your level? That's great EXCEPT THEIR ALLIES ARE ALL 10+ LEVELS ABOVE HAHAHAHAHA ENJOY NOT HAVING BONUS POINTS ANYMORE!"

*grumbles to self*

If you see 2 or more SSS, assume they're level 55. Pretty much the rule I go by. Never trust the levels, look at the backgrounds of the allies.

Ventara

*grumbles to self*

I've fallen victim to this, too. Kind of like a wolf in sheep's clothing thing. At this point, I just assume all their allies are lv 55 and decide from there if I can beat them or not.

Whizkid7

If you see 2 or more SSS, assume they're level 55. Pretty much the rule I go by. Never trust the levels, look at the backgrounds of the allies.

I never challenge SSS allies; I'm not strong enough for that yet. I'm talking like people with S or 1-2 SS. This happens to me more times than I'd like.

sensui-tomo

i've got 3SSS and a SS maxed... not level 55, but i am the wolf in sheep's clothing. Still in the 1.6-7ish percent... hoping i level up this weekend to get further in.
Been completing all the rapport farming on my enhancement feeds... long and tedius.

KimChi

I've fallen victim to this, too. Kind of like a wolf in sheep's clothing thing. At this point, I just assume all their allies are lv 55 and decide from there if I can beat them or not.

I actually fought a level 27 by accident that had deathcrown,brightspark,shabelle,and gram....surprisingly enough they were only level 27...how much money did that person spend I wonder.

Ventara

I actually fought a level 27 by accident that had deathcrown,brightspark,shabelle,and gram....surprisingly enough they were only level 27...how much money did that person spend I wonder.

They could've been their first 4 free pulls :p

But for me, 3 SSS is an avoid. Heck, Shabelle and Gram together are enough for me to stray on the safe side.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally finished myth. Just as an FYI, I used only ranran as my healer for all of myth, including final boss. She's more than good enough.

KimChi

wow I tried out the korean dragon blaze and they give you 1 SSS and 3 SS from the start for new users, 10day login seems like another SSS is given. Pretty damn nice with how far ahead they are in terms of content anyways. Another thing with the free SSS and SS is it lets you select what class ally you want.
I also saw that they provide a drop list of equips for each area. Might play korean version casually when done with shoes and tickets on global version lol.

Einbroch

Banned
It's not uncommon for games, the longer they're out, to be more generous. Makes a ton of sense, too.

New players are really far behind older players a year or longer into the game, so you want to get them competitive but not ahead of your older players, so you give them a lot of free stuff. The tricky part is where you want them to feel not too far behind, but not too close to the veterans that they feel ripped off. That event where new people got a really good healer and tank a few weeks was really, really close to being unfair for veteran players.

sensui-tomo

It's not uncommon for games, the longer they're out, to be more generous. Makes a ton of sense, too.

New players are really far behind older players a year or longer into the game, so you want to get them competitive but not ahead of your older players, so you give them a lot of free stuff. The tricky part is where you want them to feel not too far behind, but not too close to the veterans that they feel ripped off. That event where new people got a really good healer and tank a few weeks was really, really close to being unfair for veteran players.

was that the S rank ranran right? or A rank? luckily i was able to pull viri with a combine when that got announced.

Chaos17

Farmed 50 times the first stage of Ivory Lake during the double ally drop.
Results : 19/50 allies obtained > 40% chance of drop rate.

Edit : finaly, I got my second maxed out SS. I'm crossing fingers for the combine *heavy breathing*
Edit 2 : I don't know if I should be happy or not after all this hardwork...

pWwyarV.png

sensui-tomo

Farmed 50 times the first stage of Ivory Lake during the double ally drop.
Results : 19/50 allies obtained > 40% chance of drop rate.

Edit : final, I got my second maxed out SS. I'm crossing fingers for the combine *heavy breathing*
Edit 2 : I don't know if I should be happy or not after all this hardwork...

who did you use to make him?

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Been picking Slot #3 all day hoping for the Dagger in the daily, seen it pop in the #4th twice now. Sigh.

I always pick the same slot. Don't know why, but it feels like the most reliable method for some reason. Hate it when people steal my slot though. =)

Rurunaki

Any tips on getting past "The Fortress" stage 2nd the the last boss normal mode?

I have jank allies:

MC is a Knight
Priest Ranran
Swordsman Riam
Queen Presia
Captain Scady

I can't seem to survive all those AoE damage.

Ventara

Any tips on getting past "The Fortress" stage 2nd the the last boss normal mode?

I have jank allies:

MC is a Knight
Priest Ranran
Swordsman Riam
Queen Presia
Captain Scady

I can't seem to survive all those AoE damage.

Is Captain Scady a tank? You might have too much tank and not enough DPS. What level are you? Try bring a high level ally (50+) and you should have a much easier time. A mage with meteor, preferably.

Pejo

I have never been so excited to get an S Class Ally.

Ranran! My first AoE healer. Severely needed. Going to max+ her as soon as possible.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have never been so excited to get an S Class Ally.

Ranran! My first AoE healer. Severely needed. Going to max+ her as soon as possible.

As I mentioned above, I used her as my only healer through all content, including the final myth mission. Max her to +4 asap.

Ventara

Man, I am currently having a great time doing raids. I keep getting matched with rogues and the fights end in less than 5 seconds. I finished 2 raids as I was typing this.

Uthred

Beat Gram on Legendary, felt more like luck than skill really as I didnt do much different from previous attempts. The xp boost for even the starter myth stages is great, even the starting stages give ~250K. Which is great as I cant get past them ;) Gonna be investing in revive scrolls and praying I pull a tank

Top Bottom