• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

JigsawX

I've spent about 300+ shoes now and got 1 red rose. I have 24 purple, 11 orange.

I have no idea how feasible it will be to get 20 red roses unless you are spamming dungeons 24/7, you'll get your accessories from Garden/fortress by the time you make one.

Yup already gotten 4 red earrings from Landing and in comparison 2 red roses lol

Hydra, Aoe Dmg is better.

Good to know. I guess I should focus on finishing my SS Tiehr's enhancements as well as her equipment.

And I just got a Fury quiver with extra damage to bosses. Just what I needed for SS Archer Arit.

I'm thinking of leaving my current guild. A majority of its members are inactive and there's almost no one I can do guild battles with. Kind of bummed because I helped it grow from lvl 1 to 11 and contributed 135k guild exp. =/

zanyu

So I got super bored and decided to break one of my rules.

I gambled my SS Tank away in a combine for a SSS.....

Got Shabelle!

Goodbye ranran.

Kept trying to test my RNG used 280 rubies on summons, only got 1 S, including the free two summons.

sensui-tomo

So I got super bored and decided to break one of my rules.

I gambled my SS Tank away in a combine for a SSS.....

Got Shabelle!

Goodbye ranran.

Kept trying to test my RNG used 280 rubies on summons, only got 1 S, including the free two summons.

congrats with Shabelle, i'm hoping to have similar luck.

sensui-tomo

congrats with Shabelle, i'm hoping to have similar luck.

Remember to hold off your combine for SSS until early next week when GM Event resets

pWuFcw9.jpg

Thank you RNGEESUS

Can I apply for the guild? I need some friends in this game! :( My character name is Inbachi.

I'm a newbie, only level 27, and I don't understand all the game mechanics yet but I play every day.

Where do we get these roses from? They just drop from regular dungeons?

Can I apply for the guild? I need some friends in this game! :( My character name is Inbachi.

I'm a newbie, only level 27, and I don't understand all the game mechanics yet but I play every day.

Where do we get these roses from? They just drop from regular dungeons?

Roses drop randomly from the regular dungeons.

Yaari

Rubies so expensive. Not going to happen. Was considering dropping a few $'s to support, but they have to look at their prices.

I think I'll go for the skins. Down to 30 rubies, but I really like them and standard mage looks stupid.

I got plenty of fodder for upgrading anyway. Hope they don't go away too quickly, but I should be fine. They don't make them just to pull them off after only a week.

Rubies so expensive. Not going to happen. Was considering dropping a few $'s to support, but they have to look at their prices.

I think I'll go for the skins. Down to 30 rubies, but I really like them and standard mage looks stupid.

I got plenty of fodder for upgrading anyway. Hope they don't go away too quickly, but I should be fine. They don't make them just to pull them off after only a week.

I thought so too until I actually spent some and saw how far it took me. The first time purchase bonus is better than the special package banners imo, fwiw

Yup already gotten 4 red earrings from Landing and in comparison 2 red roses lol

I think you can't just farm the same level. Spent 100 shoes in pumpkin patch and 0 roses of any kind. Started a level 1 rogue and got 5 SSS roses before even unlocking Shadowcrag

m33pm33p

Banned
I thought so too until I actually spent some and saw how far it took me. The first time purchase bonus is better than the special package banners imo, fwiw

What exactly is the first time bonus? I purchased one of the "special" packages that keep popping up but other than a few extra rubies, I don't see anything about a first time bonus for buying rubies..

EDIT:

Im a derp...

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?243553-Notice-First-Monthly-Purchase-Package-Details

For anyone else who is interested..

What exactly is the first time bonus? I purchased one of the "special" packages that keep popping up but other than a few extra rubies, I don't see anything about a first time bonus for buying rubies..

EDIT:

Im a derp...

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?243553-Notice-First-Monthly-Purchase-Package-Details

For anyone else who is interested..

I don't know why they don't advertise it better.

But basically, go to the shop, and any of the $10+ packages, the first time each month you buy one, you get a huge bonus. Like with the $99 package, you get 500k gold and a free SS, in addition to the 300 bonus rubies advertsed

Einbroch

Banned
I don't know why they don't advertise it better.

But basically, go to the shop, and any of the $10+ packages, the first time each month you buy one, you get a huge bonus. Like with the $99 package, you get 500k gold and a free SS, in addition to the 300 bonus rubies advertsed

I plan on buying the $10 one every month. I play the game enough to be worth it to me. Well, at least until I feel bored or feel it isn't worth it.

Yaari

40k gold is a kind of shitty reward for 40k likes. Lol.
Oh well.

13th can't come quick enough. I want to make these SSS's. I could probably do it now. It's not like I won't make another one the month after the 13th.

Ventara

Combined for my 10th SS and got Queen Robellia. Not bad, but at this point, I really need a better healer. Where are you Viri?

Gold acquisition is amazing!

Doing dungeons is more efficient than doing Lab runs.

kTt18F2.png

More time efficient, but you'll still be getting way more gold per run in the labyrinth, though that is still pretty good. Were you getting a bonus through an equipment/accessory/daily buff?

Gratz!

Edit : Keep her close to you because Gamevil likes her a lot! <3

l1.png

Ascended version

HERO.jpg

A summer skin

That looks awesome, and if I remember correctly, she's a top tier unit in the Korean version.

Still jealous.

Also, those bonus purchases reset every month? That's tempting...Good way to make people want to keep paying, I guess....

Eh, I feel they price the rubies they sell is way too costly when compared to how much rubies you get for free. Though I like it this way, mind you.

Oh well.

13th can't come quick enough. I want to make these SSS's. I could probably do it now. It's not like I won't make another one the month after the 13th.

I'm in the same boat. Got 7 SS allies maxed ready and prepping a bunch of S units as well. Not gonna combine all of them though unless I get really lucky with my pulls.

Einbroch

Banned
Eh, I consider the $10 a donation. I want the game to succeed, and God knows I've blown hundreds on stupid shit like League of Legends skins. It's not really worth it, but the three free A allies make it essentially an extra 80 rubies.

m33pm33p

Banned
Oh well.

Same...I have enough for my FIRST SSS through combine..AND I just got to Myth FINALLY this morning...Going to wait for the reset to combine though...It's painful lol

Yaari

Yeah I'll do the 10$ one. The other ones are a little too much for me. I don't like what I'm getting there.

I need 10$ on my iTunes anyway because I want to try the Apple Music trial. So that works out for me.

garath

Same...I have enough for my FIRST SSS through combine..AND I just got to Myth FINALLY this morning...Going to wait for the reset to combine though...It's painful lol

If you haven't combined for an SSS yet then you are still eligible for this month's SSS reward. Just do it :)

Ventara

Eh, I consider the $10 a donation. I want the game to succeed, and God knows I've blown hundreds on stupid shit like League of Legends skins. It's not really worth it, but the three free A allies make it essentially an extra 80 rubies.

Yeah, in that regard, I guess I wouldn't mind buying some. This game is pretty good to f2p players and has remained fun despite me playing it everyday.

If you haven't combined for an SSS yet then you are still eligible for this month's SSS reward. Just do it :)

lol

I got lucky as shit and the 29.99 package I bought landed me my first SSS (Black Dino) and that counted towards it.

Oh. That's pretty lucky!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've spent tons of money on all these F2P games over the years, but, by far, BY FAR, this game gives you the least for your money. At the end of the day, SSS are the only useful units for end-game stuff (outside of healers), and it's basically impossible to pull SSS through premium summon. So, you are basically paying $3 for one, likely A-rank, fodder that has a 25% chance of gaining a level on an SS unit. That's simply insane. Insane. Ultimately this is why I don't think this game will have much of a long-term future, at least here in the U.S.

sensui-tomo

I've spent tons of money on all these F2P games over the years, but, by far, BY FAR, this game gives you the least for your money. At the end of the day, SSS are the only useful units for end-game stuff (outside of healers), and it's basically impossible to pull SSS through premium summon. So, you are basically paying $3 for one, likely A-rank, fodder that has a 25% chance of gaining a level on an SS unit. That's simply insane. Insane. Ultimately this is why I don't think this game will have much of a long-term future, at least here in the U.S.

Even with season 2 improvements ... yeah it'd cost you roughly $100 to make sure you absolutely get an SSS although. I dont know what seasons 2's rate for an SS is though. and again, i dont think a majority of the mobile games have guaranteed pulls of the Top tier in games.. unless there is a way to 100% get a top tier monster in P&D, top tier weapons in FF Record keeper and top tier ally in that mistwalker game.. which are just pulls from the 3 top tiers, My sole issue with this game is the quantity, and that the game makes it easy to not pay money to get money.

Einbroch

Banned

x79YebQ.png

Eh, I think it'll be alright.

Look at Puzzle and Dragons. That's a ripoff. $5 for a single pull, and there are no guarantees.

Idk. I bought the $99 package and from that got enough units to combine 2 new SSS from scratch (starting from S), max them as well as my existing SSS, get 2 additional SS, and still have about 300 rubies left over.

Honestly that's much more than you'll get in some of these other games.

commish

Even with season 2 improvements ... yeah it'd cost you roughly $100 to make sure you absolutely get an SSS although. I dont know what seasons 2's rate for an SS is though. and again, i dont think a majority of the mobile games have guaranteed pulls of the Top tier in games.. unless there is a way to 100% get a top tier monster in P&D, top tier weapons in FF Record keeper and top tier ally in that mistwalker game.. which are just pulls from the 3 top tiers, My sole issue with this game is the quantity, and that the game makes it easy to not pay money to get money.

There's a difference between "top tier" units and USEFUL units. A-rank units are not useful for anything. You simply can't put them in your team at all. In all those games you mentioned, you can at least find a use for the pull. I'm not saying I need Gram with each pull, but I need better than a stupid A rank unit that is fused away (and the fuse failed).

I'm extra annoyed atm because I just did 14 pulls and got nothing but A-rank units. All free gems, so it is what it is, but if I were a paying person, and that was the result of my $50 or whatever, I'd be pissed.

FFRK has a similar problem. Luckily for FFRK, it is FINAL FANTASY, so people will spend for pulls for their favorite weapons anyway.

commish

Idk. I bought the $99 package and from that got enough units to combine 2 new SSS from scratch (starting from S), max them as well as my existing SSS, get 2 additional SS, and still have about 300 rubies left over.

I'm honestly not sure how that is even possible, tbh, unless you get really lucky with your enhances. Of course, not saying that you are wrong :) Just lucky!

If someone said, for $99, I could get 2 maxed SSS, max my other SSS, and still have 300 rubies left over, I'd do it right now in a heartbeat.

Ventara

I agree with commish. You probably got extremely lucky with enhancing.

If you had 300 rubies left over, that means you used 1000 rubies, which is 40 pulls. Let's say they were 30 As and 10 Ss (which I think is a fair estimate for what you'd get on average). If you made 2 SSS from scratch, that would use up 8 S units right there. We'll scratch the other 2 S and the free SS as the cost to enhance those units since I don't want to get too technical. That would leave you with 30 As to max 3 SSS units. 10 As each. You would almost have to always succeed at 10% chance to max them.

Edit: IMO, realistically and playing smart, the $99 package will get you 3 SSS units (not enhanced) from scratch, or 1 maxed SSS that was built from scratch, or max 2 that you already had. This is all assuming you don't get lucky and pull an SS/SSS. Oh, and we're assuming you're using a bunch of Cs and Bs that you farmed yourself.

Yaari

Wonder if I should buy the mage outfit with extra int or extra health. Figure if I don't do enough damage, that Health is useless anyway.

I'm honestly not sure how that is even possible, tbh, unless you get really lucky with your enhances. Of course, not saying that you are wrong :) Just lucky!

If someone said, for $99, I could get 2 maxed SSS, max my other SSS, and still have 300 rubies left over, I'd do it right now in a heartbeat.

This was about 2 weeks ago, and I've been playing since then, so it's admittedly hard to quantify exactly how much progress came strictly from the purchased rubies and how much was from additional units I earned from capture, friend summons, summon cards, etc.

I do remember getting about 3-4 successes on first attempt at 10%, but aside from that my luck seemed pretty normal.

Keep in mind with the first time purchase at $99 level, the bonus includes an SS summon card. And it's not too hard to max an SS using only B's

Ventara

Hey, for the guaranteed SSS pull in S2, isn't it 40 pulls to guarantee an SSS? Or am I looking at it wrong? 3 units from the same grade will net you one from the next, right? So, assuming worst luck ever, you'll end up with 27 As, 9 Ss, 3 SSs and 1 SSS.

Wonder if I should buy the mage outfit with extra int or extra health. Figure if I don't do enough damage, that Health is useless anyway.

I'd go for INT for the reason you pointed out.

commish

This was about 2 weeks ago, and I've been playing since then, so it's admittedly hard to quantify exactly how much progress came strictly from the purchased rubies and how much was from additional units I earned from capture, friend summons, summon cards, etc.

I do remember getting about 3-4 successes on first attempt at 10%, but aside from that my luck seemed pretty normal.

Keep in mind with the first time purchase at $99 level, the bonus includes an SS summon card. And it's not too hard to max an SS using only B's

Yeah I hear you. Maybe I'll splurge the next time there's a 20% off itunes gift card sale going on. I know I'd just rage if I only get As as usual :)

Einbroch

Banned
Hey, for the guaranteed SSS pull in S2, isn't it 40 pulls to guarantee an SSS? Or am I looking at it wrong? 3 units from the same grade will net you one from the next, right? So, assuming worst luck ever, you'll end up with 27 As, 9 Ss, 3 SSs and 1 SSS.

I thought it was 27?

sensui-tomo

Yeah, I kept reading 27, too, but if the ascension works the way I think it does, it's actually 40. But everyone keeps saying 27 so I assume I might be wrong?

27 pulls for a guaranteed SSS pull if you dont pull an SSS in that time, Ancension has nothing to do with the pulls.

Top Bottom