• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Uthred

There's a difference between "top tier" units and USEFUL units. A-rank units are not useful for anything. You simply can't put them in your team at all. In all those games you mentioned, you can at least find a use for the pull. I'm not saying I need Gram with each pull, but I need better than a stupid A rank unit that is fused away (and the fuse failed).

Well in the case of P&D this simply isnt true, if (when) you pull 3 or 4* junk there is next to no use for it, the best you can do is attempt to use it for a skill-up, which has a much lower chance of success than using an A to enhance a unit. Most of the big mobile games are the same, and most arent as good about giving free premium currency as this one (though I have to say, Im finding that rubies are drying up now that Ive got all the rapport ones I can and unless you place really high in weeklies)

Ventara

27 pulls for a guaranteed SSS pull if you dont pull an SSS in that time, Ancension has nothing to do with the pulls.

Sorry, used the wrong word there. But yeah, I'm talking about the guaranteed SSS pull. So how does that work? I thought you had to pull 3 units from the same grade to pull one from the next? Is it just a simple "pull 26 times, get SSS on 27th?"

sensui-tomo

Sorry, used the wrong word there. But yeah, I'm talking about the guaranteed SSS pull. So how does that work? I thought you had to pull 3 units from the same grade to pull one from the next? Is it just a simple "pull 26 times, get SSS on 27th?"

Its like this, there is a counter, if you dont pull an SS the game will give you an SS at a point, if you dont get an SSS by the 26th pull, the 27th will Always be a SSS.

Einbroch

Banned

You're guaranteed a SS on every ninth pull. After three SS pulls, you're guaranteed a SSS. So, 27.

Chaos17

I want to get the guild costume for priest but it said that guild exp need to be 10k ?
How can I do that ? (never been in a guild before)

Ventara

Its like this, there is a counter, if you dont pull an SS the game will give you an SS at a point, if you dont get an SSS by the 26th pull, the 27th will Always be a SSS.

Oh, I see. I thought you had to build up to it, like getting 3 As would get you an S, 3 S would get you an SS, and 3 SS would get you an SSS. So as long as you don't pull an SS or SSS, you're guaranteed an SS on every 9th pull? And as long as you don't pull an SSS, you're guaranteed an SSS on the 27th pull?

Einbroch

Banned
Oh, I see. I thought you had to build up to it, like getting 3 As would get you an S, 3 S would get you an SS, and 3 SS would get you an SSS. So as long as you don't pull an SS or SSS, you're guaranteed an SS on every 9th pull? And as long as you don't pull an SSS, you're guaranteed an SSS on the 27th pull?

Yep. The counter resets if you pull the unit. It's just there so you don't pull your hair out.

Ventara

I want to get the guild costume for priest but it said that guild exp need to be 10k ?
How can I do that ? (never been in a guild before)

Participate in Guild Battles and raise the amount of experience you contribute to the Guild. You can keep track of it by going to My Guild in the Guild menu and select My Ranking. The amount of experience you have contributed would be displayed beside your game icon.

Yep. The counter resets if you pull the unit. It's just there so you don't pull your hair out.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Chaos17

I crafted my first brooch today. I guess it' not too bad.

8bLpayx.png

Participate in Guild Battles and raise the amount of experience you contribute to the Guild. You can keep track of it by going to My Guild in the Guild menu and select My Ranking. The amount of experience you have contributed would be displayed beside your game icon.

I will never make it in the Eu Reddit guild... we only have 400 points T_T

Looking forward to season 2 due to some SSS allies and costumes http://imgur.com/a/wbpAW and the fact all classes will be brought back up as a result of changes and rogue wont be as OP as it is in the current game.... and Paladin coming out.

Sorry to tell you that but that image is from season 3 and Paladin is also season 3.
Season 2 will have ascension allies, new SSS in the theme of Asia at least.

Edit : here's a teaser (KR) of season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8XXm6FDoU

i1461769268.jpg

sensui-tomo

I crafted my first brooch today. I guess it' not too bad.

8bLpayx.png

I will never make it in the Eu Reddit guild... we only have 400 points T_T

Sorry to tell you that but that image is from season 3 and Paladin is also season 3.
Season 2 will have ascension allies, new SSS in the theme of Asia at least.

Well at least I have my tank which i've heard becomes more useful in season 2, or later updates... gonna suck getting full sets for the entire party once that update comes out.

Ventara

Here's a link that has a little more info.

Pic of all the costumes for the 5 Ascended SSS units.

So, from the sound of things, ANY SSS ally can be turned into one of these 5 Ascended SSS units (of the same class), who all seem to be top tier. So your Dark Gnarl can turn into Legendary Brightspark and whatnot.

sensui-tomo

Here's a link that has a little more info.

Pic of all the costumes for the 5 Ascended SSS units.

So, from the sound of things, ANY SSS ally can be turned into one of these 5 Ascended SSS units (of the same class), who all seem to be top tier. So your Dark Gnarl can turn into Legendary Brightspark and whatnot.

Thats when those SSS at the end of the month things and 27th pull are going to come handy... because making 5 ultimates is gonna suck, then repeating that for the ascended SSS units.

Ventara

Does anyone know how you get the 7 Angels, tough? It'll probably come out after the 5 Acended units, but I'm just wondering if they are Ascended units as well? If so, do you get to chose what unit to ascend to?

Thats when those SSS at the end of the month things and 27th pull are going to come handy... because making 5 ultimates is gonna suck, then repeating that for the ascended SSS units.

I know. It's gonna take a while. Though those guys are at the top of the food chain even in the Korean game, so it should be worth it, and we should have enough time to prepare a few units for ascension before the update rolls out, whenever it does.

I want those holy skins... 350 rubies each... sob

Yeah. Works out to roughly $25/costume with the current cost of rubies being sold, lol.

sensui-tomo

I'm just wondering, does Belle snow summon Legends/ascended when they release? Could be the reason she is still top tier-ish on the korean list.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, the grind to 55 is real. I'm taking my mage to 55 right now, and 54 to 55 is just forever.

Kalavaras

Banned
Man, the grind to 55 is real. I'm taking my mage to 55 right now, and 54 to 55 is just forever.

Take un-mastered allies with you and get them to 100 rapport for 10 rubies and equip gold items if u happen to have them. Dont just mindlessly grind for exp only.

Can anyone remember how many points it required to get to top 1% in arena last week? If its an absolutely crazy number I might just settle for top 5% and spend tickets on something else.

Take un-mastered allies with you and get them to 100 rapport for 10 rubies and equip gold items if u happen to have them. Dont just mindlessly grind for exp only.

Can anyone remember how many points it required to get to top 1% in arena last week? If its an absolutely crazy number I might just settle for top 5% and spend tickets on something else.

I had 3500 points in arena and was comfortably at top 3.3%.

Yaari

1% wasn't too difficult. I think I had 6k last week? I was well within 1%. I might make it again this time.

The key is starting strong after the reset. I'm now at a point where its difficult to find opponents I can beat.

This Ascension page makes it sounds like you can pick who you get, does it work that way?

Yaari

What are the best Guild Skills to get? They don't really seem too significant. But I think anyone has some use for improved accuracy? It looks like the biggest boost comes from level 1, so having them at all seems the best.

I see Guild Content Skills but they are locked. Not sure what they do.

Edit: oops doublepost. My bad.

niosh

Banned

Not quite.

From what I've read Legendary units require a specific unit to ascend. For example Legendary Deathcrown requires Deathcrown, Legendary Brightspark requires Brightspark.

Angels are ascended from the non-legendary units with their corresponding class.

Ventara

Not quite.

From what I've read Legendary units require a specific unit to ascend. For example Legendary Deathcrown requires Deathcrown, Legendary Brightspark requires Brightspark.

Angels are ascended from the non-legendary units with their corresponding class.

Do you have a link for that? All the places I've read about it has mentioned that it's any.

But if true, that would suck a lot.

Yaari

Going to make a SSS. I'll have another one ready for 7/13 anyway. I'm running out of slots for Allies again and I don't want to waste A's on a simple S.
Please be good.

niosh

Banned
Do you have a link for that? All the places I've read about it has mentioned that it's any.

Don't have a link, so can't verify. Someone in my guild who has been playing the Korean version mentioned it, I also saw a similar post on reddit.

Don't see why it would suck tho, seems like all the ascended units are good.

goober

Going to make a SSS. I'll have another one ready for 7/13 anyway. I'm running out of slots for Allies again and I don't want to waste A's on a simple S.
Please be good.

Good luck!

Anyone else try to get brooches? Red roses drop so sparingly.

Einbroch

Banned
Go to the arena, look at rankings. Go to "Lyvshalker", rank 14 atm.

Look at his/her characters and allies. 12 SSS+ULTIMATE, all classes at 55 with MAX'D 55 SSS gear, loads of MAX'D SS units.

lolololol

Yaari

Good luck!

Anyone else try to get brooches? Red roses drop so sparingly.

Dark Gnoll.

Jeez. It doesn't even surprise me anymore. Another Tier 4 to cross out of the list. I'm pretty close to a full collection at this point. Unbelievable. Hahaha.

Ventara

If anyone wants more info on the 7 Angels that we won't be getting anytime soon, here's a link.

Don't have a link, so can't verify. Someone in my guild who has been playing the Korean version mentioned it, I also saw a similar post on reddit.

That's alright. I can't find much info myself, and if the guy in your guild actually plays the Korean version, he'd be more reliable anyways.

It would suck because those with crappy SSS won't be able to turn them into the ascended units. It would be a case of the powerful become more powerful if it really is limited to certain characters.

Go to the arena, look at rankings. Go to "Lyvshalker", rank 14 atm.

Look at his/her characters and allies. 12 SSS+ULTIMATE, all classes at 55 with MAX'D 55 SSS gear, loads of MAX'D SS units.

lolololol

That guy must be rolling in dough. I am super jealous.

Yeah, that's one of the things I read, and he mentions that you can turn a unit into it's class equivalent of the 5 ascended units.

sensui-tomo

Well your link from earlier shows that one of the angels can only be ascended SSS knight (Tiel or Ari). Wonder if that is representative of anything. Could be that the other ascension characters that arent unique SSS units can be made with other stuff, but belle snow and deathcrown are made by themselves, we'll find out soon enough.

Ventara

Well your link from earlier shows that one of the angels can only be ascendedan SSS knight (Tiel or Ari). Wonder if that is representative of anything.

I think that's because she's a Paladin, and from what I've read only Tiel and Ari are Paladin SSS units.

Don't quote me on that, though. I'm starting to talk out of my ass here.

Edit: Also, it's not clear how the ascension for the angels work, so it might be completely different from the 5 units we're talking about.

Einbroch

Banned
Ascended units are likely specific units upgraded, like Deathcrown and Brightspark. Angels seem to be the class upgrades.

We'll likely see more Ascended and not Angels. Angels are for people who don't have specific units but want to remain competitive. Ascended are the bees knees. Ascended > Angels > SSS.

JigsawX

If you could ask that guildie for more info that would be awesome. If deathcrown is needed for the ascension I'm make him Ultimate in a heartbeat!

Sciel

W141586874376931225.png

Doesn't seem like you need a specific unit.

I think looking at the new units, I'll probably work on getting :

Mage ( Brightspark at MAX+2 atm)
Rogue ( Loki at MAX+2 atm)
Archer (Farq at MAX atm).

(why oh why did i bother to MAX+4 gram -_-)

Really want to get Tiel to ascend her to angels unit. That unit seems so broken.

Ventara

W141586874376931225.png

Doesn't seem like you need a specific unit.

I think looking at the new units, I'll probably work on getting :

Mage ( Brightspark at MAX+2 atm)
Rogue ( Loki at MAX+2 atm)
Archer (Farq at MAX atm).

(why oh why did i bother to MAX+4 gram -_-)

Really want to get Tiel to ascend her to angels unit. That unit seems so broken.

And there we go. All crap SSS units have been redeemed.

Edit: How does he have Gar at 100 Rapport but only level 1? Also, what's that thing he's fusing with Gar?

Sciel

Gonna guess its one of those GM/dev posts to show how the upgrade is done. And thats the upgrade item. Bought using rubies or farmable.

edit.

I just pulled this from premium summon (look at my team fml lol)

Screenshot_2015_07_10_10_57_34_1.png

JigsawX

Gonna guess its one of those GM/dev posts to show how the upgrade is done. And thats the upgrade item. Bought using rubies or farmable.

edit.

Oh man, so jelly of your team!

zanyu

More time efficient, but you'll still be getting way more gold per run in the labyrinth, though that is still pretty good. Were you getting a bonus through an equipment/accessory/daily buff?

I'm in the same boat. Got 7 SS allies maxed ready and prepping a bunch of S units as well. Not gonna combine all of them though unless I get really lucky with my pulls.

I have gold accessories on for all 3 slots, and on one ally. The event was 50% gold buff so that helped out a lot. It's additive and not multiplicative.

It is extremely time efficient, and for Lab runs, instead of using tickets and time in there, I can just do raids more comfortably without worrying about gold constantly.

At the moment I'm just stock piling up on gold cause I felt very poor early on enhancing gear and allies.

1% wasn't too difficult. I think I had 6k last week? I was well within 1%. I might make it again this time.

It was above 6k cause I missed it with 6k.

Maybe just a hundred or so points higher, it's been extremely annoying missing 1% grinding out 6k+ points.

I missed hydra by .5%, will probably miss it again this week as well. -.-

Have you spent any money on this game? If so how much?

Either I am super unlucky or I need to drop some cash on this game. I have 7 SSS, and not one of them is at Max yet.

KimChi

edit.

Wow, much jelly.

Did respec on my mage to sheep ultimate and love it so much more than the meteor ultimate. Especially with that low cd, eats up mp like crazy if you dont have too much mp though.

Top Bottom