• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

goober

I used to do top 5% in Lab weekly. But someone pushed me out last week! Either less people are playing this game or people are getting exponentially stronger

Ventara

Man I just picked up my rewards from the Hydra fight, I did so shitty. How the heck was i only top 40%. I can't imagine how people are surviving long enough to do that much better than me, but I guess i'm wrong.

Maybe somebody is already at this level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZLupx-NzM

Don't worry, it's not just you. I got into the top 30%. I'm a little better with the Golem since I made top 20%.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, I'm guessing the material required for ascension isn't easy to get.

Yeah, you're probably right. Not too rare, though, hopefully.

garath

really? how far do you get in labyrinth?
I can get up to wave 26-27 and starting from wave 25 got me up to 300k points, ranked at 8% atm. My team is all SS+max dark breath, viri, abyss king and 1 SSS+4 aura windlune.

Damn. I just can't get past level 24. I get up to it almost every time, especially if I drop a revival scroll or two given how often they like to one shot my Viri. I've tried a few different combos of:

SSS +5 Dark Mage Pari
SS MAX Priest Viri
SS MAX Swordsman Vurch
SS MAX Archer Veri
SS MAX Dark Marble Tiehr
SS MAX Dark Marble Aeda
SS MAX Hunter Misty
S MAX Healer Lurie (literally my best single target healer)

I'm a rogue. It seems like level 24 I get hit with mass atk debuff and I just can't clear it.

KimChi

Damn. I just can't get past level 24. I get up to it almost every time, especially if I drop a revival scroll or two given how often they like to one shot my Viri. I've tried a few different combos of:

SSS +5 Dark Mage Pari
SS MAX Priest Viri
SS MAX Swordsman Vurch
SS MAX Archer Veri
SS MAX Dark Marble Tiehr
SS MAX Dark Marble Aeda
SS MAX Hunter Misty
S MAX Healer Lurie (literally my best single target healer)

I'm a rogue. It seems like level 24 I get hit with mass atk debuff and I just can't clear it.
hmm I got past wave 25 with both my rogue and mage using same party. Maybe try 2 tanks 2 healers or 2 revive scroll 1 hp scroll?
Wave 24-25 was really hard a week ago but now I have no trouble with it o-o, if anything all my allies have full sovereign equips cept for tank missing that torso piece, both my healers almost have 20k hp.

You could also try farming Myth Pixie Falls for an amulet accessory that can have evasion and stamina and give them to your allies if they don't already have accessories.

garath

hmm I got past wave 25 with both my rogue and mage using same party. Maybe try 2 tanks 2 healers or 2 revive scroll 1 hp scroll?
Wave 24-25 was really hard a week ago but now I have no trouble with it o-o, if anything all my allies have full sovereign equips cept for tank missing that torso piece, both my healers almost have 20k hp.

You could also try farming Myth Pixie Falls for an amulet accessory that can have evasion and stamina and give them to your allies if they don't already have accessories.

Allies can use accessories o_O. How did I not know this.

I need to complete Myth so I can start farming something besides Storm Tyrant. I just finally got the last decent chest I needed for my allies to not be so squish.

Most of my allies have around 15k hp. Definitely low.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I need to complete Myth so I can start farming something besides Storm Tyrant. I just finally got the last decent chest I needed for my allies to not be so squish.

Finishing Myth is important because (besides the big ruby bonus) you can farm DCM/DDCM without relying on forming up a group. Just queue up and let auto-fill do its job.

And yeah, 15k is a bit low. My healer is low, but everyone else on my main team is over 30k hp. I put +stam accessories on my guys.

Ventara

15K is low? Man, my DPS and lone healer must have terrible HP. They're all around 10-12K except for Commander Urk.

Could someone take a screenshot with all the guild (jobs) costumes, please ?
I just can't find any online.

I'm at work, but if you still need it by the time I get home, I can post some screenshots.

Ventara

You should spend scroll to get past level25. The point increase is massive at 25. Top 10% is around round 27-28.

I'm planning to do this tonight. I don't pay attention usually, but I've noticed I make it to 23 and sometimes 24. If I can catch a good streak, I might be able to push through to 26.

Chaos17

I'm trying to go through Myth, I'm at the third area (the forest) and damn those mages!!! Curse them!!!! (╬゚◥益◤゚)

I'm at work, but if you still need it by the time I get home, I can post some screenshots.
Yes, please :D

KimChi

learn something new everyday :D

I recently beat Myth yesterday myself, sheep mage is too good <3
The amulet from pixie falls is a decent start imo since you havent beat myth yet, it can have 40 stamina on it so free 1280 hp.
Would be nice if we could upgrade accessories lol.

Kalavaras

Banned
Dragon Blaze
21 min ·
Greetings Bodens,
Join us today at 5:00PM PDT to receive early access to the Dragon Blaze Chapter 2 pre-registration!

I wish we'd get some love in EU. Cant stay up so late.

Ventara

Dragon Blaze
21 min ·
Greetings Bodens,
Join us today at 5:00PM PDT to receive early access to the Dragon Blaze Chapter 2 pre-registration!

I wish we'd get some love in EU. Cant stay up so late.

Oh! Awesome! I should be home by then, so I'll definitely be signing up. Really hope we also get that free SSS.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
15K is low? Man, my DPS and lone healer must have terrible HP. They're all around 10-12K except for Commander Urk.

Well my healer is below 15k, but the rest are pretty far above it. Keep in mind that what you use for your card/accessory matters and adds a lot of HP if you go that way. Of course, having max enhanced allies boosts HP by a lot. For the sake of comparison, my Commander Azur (DPS warrior) has a bit over 32,000 hp, but he's at +Max. I imagine rogues/mages have less HP by their nature. My percy is at 12k hp but is un-enhanced. I roll with 3 warriors and a healer.

garath

Finishing Myth is important because (besides the big ruby bonus) you can farm DCM/DDCM without relying on forming up a group. Just queue up and let auto-fill do its job.

And yeah, 15k is a bit low. My healer is low, but everyone else on my main team is over 30k hp. I put +stam accessories on my guys.

My healer is around 18k, my warrior at 30k, Pari my mage is a little low at 15k, my other mage is like 10k ugh. It's hard finding good sta/hp gear. I need to farm a bit more.

I'll push through it. Next week when we get the new GM event I'm making another SSS and two more SS. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a decent unit for once.

Uthred

Oh yyeaaaahhh! Finally my Ruby hoarding will pay off. I'd be super pumped if this is also coming to Global. I'm going to have so many SSS trout.

On the one hand I regret not hoarding rubies as I didnt think we'd get this for a few months, on the other hand playing without using rubies is so boring I probably would have dropped the game.

sensui-tomo

not sure if this was posted
Greetings Bodens,

twitch.tv/gamevil_usa
I'll be there to check coupon codes if they hand them out again.

Pejo

On the one hand I regret not hoarding rubies as I didnt think we'd get this for a few months, on the other hand playing without using rubies is so boring I probably would have dropped the game.

Yea it was really tough some nights, especially after a few drinks and I'm feeling like getting some shiny new SSS's, but I feel it'll be worth it when I get a massive bump in the game. Plus my luck is total shit so the more I can do to mitigate my bad luck, the better. Also, I still haven't hit 55 with a character yet (54 on my rogue, taking forever for that last level) so it's been a nice leisurely game for me. Which is good because FF Record Keeper and the Marvel game have been sucking up all my free time already.

learn something new everyday :D

I recently beat Myth yesterday myself, sheep mage is too good <3
The amulet from pixie falls is a decent start imo since you havent beat myth yet, it can have 40 stamina on it so free 1280 hp.
Would be nice if we could upgrade accessories lol.

May I ask what your build is for sheep mage? I'm thinking of going for that build on my mage when I level it up. It's hard to resist that giant meteor, but I hear sheeping is really good.

Yaari

I played with Sakia (Not sure whos' that here), and he completely tooled Deathcrown in the raid. Poor guy didn't get a chance to do anything. I can't imagine how fun that is in guild battle haha.

KimChi

I played with Sakia (Not sure whos' that here), and he completely tooled Deathcrown in the raid. Poor guy didn't get a chance to do anything. I can't imagine how fun that is in guild battle haha.

Thats me haha, shouldve made KimChi my account/character name, sorry for the confusion. Guild battles are a blast, wrecked maxed+ultimate SSS teams a few times so far.

May I ask what your build is for sheep mage? I'm thinking of going for that build on my mage when I level it up. It's hard to resist that giant meteor, but I hear sheeping is really good.
Sure,
Build: Level 55
1/10/10(sheep ulti)
1/4/8/0
I went with meteor on my first build, the damage is nice but bleh its not amazingly powerful(apparently getting buffed in season 2? dunno). Sheep ultimate is amazing cause of the low cooldown, it made myth mode a breeze. I still at least got meteor to lvl10 and the damage is fine. Plus the dot on meteor ultimate is meh at best unless I need really good gear to make it worthwhile I dont see the point of it.

Yaari

Thats me haha, shouldve made KimChi my account/character name, sorry for the confusion. Guild battles are a blast, wrecked maxed+ultimate SSS teams a few times so far.

Sure,
Build: Level 55
1/10/10(sheep ulti)
1/4/8/0
I went with meteor on my first build, the damage is nice but bleh its not amazingly powerful(apparently getting buffed in season 2? dunno). Sheep ultimate is amazing cause of the low cooldown, it made myth mode a breeze. I still at least got meteor to lvl10 and the damage is fine. Plus the dot on meteor ultimate is meh at best unless I need really good gear to make it worthwhile I dont see the point of it.

Ahh. Alright then. Thanks again :). For he build too, might help me as well!

I'm not sure what I'm doing with my Roses. I've gathered a nice amount thus far. I guess the SSS brooch might be interesting but a premium pull is also tempting. The Red roses are so rare though. What did you guys do? At this point a single premium pull isn't really going to do much for my team.

sensui-tomo

Ahh. Alright then. Thanks again :). For he build too, might help me as well!

I'm not sure what I'm doing with my Roses. I've gathered a nice amount thus far. I guess the SSS brooch might be interesting but a premium pull is also tempting. The Red roses are so rare though. What did you guys do? At this point a single premium pull isn't really going to do much for my team.

Get the rare item, you can premium whenever, but this accessory, until the event comes back.

Ventara

What oes it mean ? There's more than 1 guild costumes per class ?
But yes, please. I still want to see them.

Wait, I think I may be misunderstanding. What costume do you want a screenshot of? Is it the one you start with, or one of the ones you buy?

Edit: Do you mean the arena ones? Or is there one for Guild battles? I don't think I've seen one sold there.

KimChi

What oes it mean ? There's more than 1 guild costumes per class ?
But yes, please. I still want to see them.
Theres only 1 guild costume per class, I have one for the rogue I can screenshot for ya, I don't have the guild battle weapon though.

Wait, I think I may be misunderstanding. What costume do you want a screenshot of? Is it the one you start with, or one of the ones you buy?

Edit: Do you mean the arena ones? Or is there one for Guild battles? I don't think I've seen one sold there.
There are guild battle costumes for ranking at least top 5% in guild battle. If you rank you get either the costume or weapon skin, its random.

Chaos17

Sorry for my bad english.
I mean the one you get with guild battles.

Theres only 1 guild costume per class, I have one for the rogue I can screenshot for ya, I don't have the guild battle weapon though.

Just the costume will be fine :)

Miragith

Can't believe season two is coming out so soon. HYPE!
I wish I didn't use my SSS archer as fodder. Heard the ascended archer is really good.

Ventara

There are guild battle costumes for ranking at least top 5% in guild battle. If you rank you get either the costume or weapon skin, its random.

Ah, okay. I didn't know that.

Sorry for my bad english.
I mean the one you get with guild battles.

Just the costume will be fine :)

Your English is just fine, but I misunderstood. I'll look in the top ranking lists and see if I can find them.

KimChi

EspnvnO.png
here you go, actually posted this awhile back in the thread.

KimChi

Wait what, why is gamevil doing million arthur? isn't that a square-enix mobile game? o_O coulda sworn I've played it before too lol.

Edit:ah they are localizing it, I remember playing it in english before on mobile, must've been the Sea version i guess.

Chaos17

Wait what, why is gamevil doing million arthur? isn't that a square-enix mobile game? o_O coulda sworn I've played it before too lol.

Edit:ah they are localizing it, I remember playing it in english before on mobile, must've been the Sea version i guess.

Isn't that game 2 or 3 years old ?
It looks so outdated, lol.

Edit : welp, they just confirmed no preview of season 2 :(

KimChi

Isn't that game 2 or 3 years old ?
It looks so outdated, lol.

Yea i think its like 1-2years old now, I remember reading about square discontinuing it on mobile and only keeping it on handheld. Weird. The ui is exactly the same as I remember too, could've at least changed that to make it look better.

Chaos17

The people in the chat seems to not understand that the guys who're streaming seems to be just hosts and not dev or part of the PR team or whatever. Clearly the hosts have orders and don't know a things about anything outside of their order (ain't complaining).

@Ch3rrybl0ss0mtay no release date has been announced, stay tuned to Dragon Blaze's official channels for full details.

Poor them, they're going to repeat that info over and over, lol.

That per-regrestration time was super short... glad I got it but i know a bunch of people that missed out.

Edit: Actually, looks like there will be another chance on Monday.

Top Bottom