• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Nest |OT| Finally out of Open Beta

Ken

a8c5377b.png

The NeoGAF Guild is on Argenta (East) Server. There will be no character wipe in the transition from the current Open Beta to Full Release.

Developer and Publisher: Developed by Eyedentity Games and published in North America by Nexon.
Platform: PC
Release Date: Currently in Open Beta. Official release on September 28, 2011.
Subscription Model Free to play with cash shop microtransactions.

System Requirements

Minimum
Pentium 4 2.4GHz
512MB of RAM
GeForce FX5600
3GB of free hard drive space

Recommended
Dual-Core CPU
1GB of RAM
GeForce 7600 or higher
Over 4GB of free hard drive space

What kind of game is Dragon Nest?
Dragon Nest is a fast-paced third-person action game requiring players to utilize many different aspects of the combat system to survive its dungeons and monsters. No auto-attacks are present, so every slash, cast, shot, or dodge is done by the player in real time, providing players with greater control over their characters in battles. Players will be able to meet and recruit other players in cities before setting out to dungeons, multi-leveled areas filled with monsters and bosses, to fulfill quests and collect rare equipment and items.

Installation
You will need to make a Nexon account if you do not have one already. The download, as well as Nexon's own installation guide, can be found on the official Dragon Nest website.

Nexon uses Pando Media Booster, so remember to uninstall it when it is finished downloading Dragon Nest.

The GAF Guild
The NeoGAF guild is in the Argenta (East) server. If you need an invite, post in the thread.

Systems
0343add8.jpg

Leveling: Players level by obtaining experience from quests, completing dungeons, and also commissions which are quests that can be obtained from a Commission Board in front of a dungeon. These quests often have simple objectives but provide a large amount of experience points. Look out for repeatable quests that provide a lot of experience points.

Death: Dying in dungeons has very minor penalties . Upon death, players can self-resurrect using Resurrection Stones or return to town suffering armor durability loss. All players are given 5 free Resurrection Stones daily. Normal dungeons have no limit on how much a player can resurrect, but special dungeons known as Nests will have a resurrection limit per player.

Enhancement: Weapons can be enhanced with different materials depending on the weapon's rarity. Enhancing weapons can boost its physical and magic damage, while enhancing armor usually provides HP/MP boosts. On weapons of less than blue rarity, enhancement is safe up to level 6; attempting to enhance past level 6 can result in the destruction of the weapon.

Crafting: Armor and weapon sets can be crafted using drops from dungeons. Crafting can confer titles on weapons that affects its stats and also provides an armor skill.

Crests: In place of an attribute point distribution system, crests allow players to fine tune their characters to their liking. Enhancement crests provide bonuses to certain status such as strength, intelligence, critical resists, and more. Skill crests enhance the power of specific skills by lowering cool down times or increasing its damage. Crests can be crafted from plates which are dropped in dungeons. As players level, additional crests slots unlock.

Power: While the Asian versions of the game feature a Fatigue system which limits the amount of playing one can do daily, it is replaced by a Power system in the North American version. While players possess PWR points, experience gain will be boosted. Players can still enter dungeons even with 0 PWR. PWR resets daily and also weekly in a larger amount.

Cash Shop: Known in game as the Dragon's Vault, the cash shop can be accessed by pressing F11. Notable items that the cash shop sells include bag and storage size increase, item protection jellies that protect equipment from breaking during upgrading, and costumes that provide in-game stat bonuses.

Classes
ecb088e3.png

Classes are gender locked. Every class is able to specialize into one of two sub-classes at level 15, and again at level 45. Be aware that the North American version of Dragon Nest is currently level capped at 24 as of this writing so tertiary sub-classes are not available yet and may not be for a long while.

ae4b5653.png

Characteristics: A versatile character who can output good damage, can take a decent amount of damage, and is able to move quickly through dungeons. Equipped with greatswords, axes, hammers, and a gauntlet.

Swordsman: Warriors who enjoy greatswords, long combos, and inflicting burst damage should specialize into Swordsmen. Swordsmen obtain many fast, multi-hit skills and excel at juggling enemies. At level 45, swordsmen can advance into the ranged magic-based wave-style Moonlord, or close-range physical sword-style Gladiator.

Mercenary: Warriors preferring large hammers or axes and powerful AoE skills may enjoy the Mercenary sub-class. The Mercenary attacks slowly, but deal much more damage per hit and in a much wider range than a Swordsman. Mercenaries are also able to debuff mobs and draw aggro to themselves through their howl skills. It should be noted that while they are more durable than swordsmen and are serviceable off-tanks, Clerics serve as much sturdier main tanks. At level 45, Mercenaries can advance into Barbarians or Destroyers.

922db824.png

Characteristics: Durability is traded to be quick and agile with many evasive options while being able to output very high damage. Equipped with longbows, short bows, crossbows and quivers.

Sharpshooter: Archers who enjoy high physical damage numbers and a high critical rate should take the path of the sharpshooter. Sharpshooters prefer staying at range from the enemy while launching a mix of powerful skill shots that deal high damage to both single and multiple enemies. Although they have very few melee options up close, they have many skills that assist in keeping enemies back through knock backs and stuns. Sharpshooters can specialize into physical-based Snipers or magical-based Artillery.

Acrobat: Acrobats are archers who prefer engaging the enemy up close with powerful kicks and strikes while being able to escape unscathed if need be. The Acrobat's skills allow her to get in on enemies quickly, deal high damage, and get her out safely. Acrobats are also known to be one of the top classes in PvP. Acrobats can advance to Tempests or Windwalkers.

a7f270f2.png

Characteristics: The Cleric's naturally high HP growth allows them to take the role of the main tank in Dragon Nest. Clerics are not focused with dealing the highest damage, but instead focus on supporting his allies with defensive buffs and heals. Equipped with flails, maces, wands, and a shield.

Paladins: Clerics who wish to focus on the tanking aspect of their profession should specialize into a Paladin. While they lack the many ranged magical attacks and the large mana pool of the Priest, they make up for with defensive and offensive self-buffs, counter-attacks, skills that reflect damage, and can rely on high combos from their flails and maces for damage. They are also able to provoke enemies into attacking them. Paladins advance into Guardians or Crusaders.

Priests: Priests are much more offensive than Paladins, and their magical spells can provide a source of light damage DPS in a party. They are also serviceable tanks, second to Paladins. Regardless, a Priest's primary role is that of a support class, healing and buffing his party members. Early on, Priests have limited healing and buff skills. As they level up, they gain access to more powerful skills as well as relics that confer significant buffs on the party. Priests advance into Inquisitors or Saints.

134f3d05.png

Characteristics: The Sorceress is a range damage dealer able to inflict status effects on enemies, and is also capable of crowd control. Equipped with a staff as a primary, and a choice of a grimoire, orb, or puppet as a secondary.

Elementalist: Sorceresses who enjoy control over the elements of fire and ice should specialize into an Elementalist. The glass cannon of the game, the Elementalist trades crowd controlling dark magic in favor of high damage fire and ice spells. Elementalists advance into Pyromancers or Ice Witches.

Mystic: Mystics control time, space, and gravity with their dark magic spells and so serve as crowd control. Mystics are able to pull enemies together, slow movement, or even temporarily stop an enemy, all while outputting high magic damage. Mystics can advance into Chaos Mages or War Mages.

Academic

5240e80b.png

The Academic was recently released in the Korean version of Dragon Nest. No word yet as to when she will make her way to North American DN.

Player versus Enemy

ecd318c8.png

PvE takes place in dungeons closed off from players not in your party. Dungeons consist of multiple maps filled with set spawns of mobs, culminating with a powerful boss-type monster. Once the last enemy of the final map has fallen, players will be rated based on points earned from performance and be rewarded with a random treasure chest of their choosing.

Players are also able to set the difficulty of normal dungeons. Easy provides very little experience points and fewer possible rewards, but mobs will have reduced health and numbers. At the other end of the spectrum, the Abyss difficulty drastically increases enemy health, the number of enemies in each mob, and can even spawn multiple mini-bosses randomly. In addition, the number of final bosses can even increase to two in certain dungeons. Of course, the reward is much greater, including rare drops in the awarded random chest and a Dimensional Bunny that drops various items.

Player versus Player

c55421b7.png

PvP is accessible by players level 10 or higher by selecting the Arena in the Character Select screen. PvP supports up to two teams of four players each, but also includes smaller matches such as 1v1 or 2v2. Two types of game types are currently available: rounds and respawn. Rounds are won when all opposing players are defeated, while Respawn is a race to kill a set amount of players to win the game. Players will battle across 5 different maps to achieve a higher PvP rank, and earn medals that can be exchanged for Arena-exclusive items.

Images

7daa7ce3.png

Videos
gamescom 2011 Launch Trailer

*If there are any mistakes in the OT feel free to send me a PM or post it and I'll correct it.

Wallach

Looking forward to finally getting to level 32. Wish I hadn't been so busy these past 3-4 days because I wasn't able to log in to get the free inventory/storage slots with the current promotion.

I will not be on as much for the first week of the update, so feel free to PM me here if you guys need an invite and there's no officers on.

Ryuuga

Banned
Great OT, Mediocre release schedule, such is Nexon. See you all in-game ...if you're on Gerrant that is. (☞゜ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

J-Rzez

Sounds good, I haven't played it in a couple weeks bored out of my mind sitting at the 24 cap. Hopefully there's quite a bit more to do at 32.

Dreavus

Really regretting my server choice for all three characters that interest me (since the open beta, even). Don't feel like making an archer =(. Maybe I'll make an Academic on Argenta when she releases.

J-Rzez said:
Sounds good, I haven't played it in a couple weeks bored out of my mind sitting at the 24 cap. Hopefully there's quite a bit more to do at 32.

seems to be the same gig like every mmo.

new dungeons, new quests, new loot.

Doubt the quests will be anything special, but the story ones could be good. I recall this game's cutscenes to be pretty well done for a mmo.

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
I've been wanting to play for awhile but keep running into region issues. The global servers went live for OB mid September, I think, but my Korean IP kills all the fun.

If there is fun to be had, Korea will kill it >.>

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wallach said:
Looking forward to finally getting to level 32. Wish I hadn't been so busy these past 3-4 days because I wasn't able to log in to get the free inventory/storage slots with the current promotion.

I will not be on as much for the first week of the update, so feel free to PM me here if you guys need an invite and there's no officers on.
No wipe is neat. More content would be better.

At least people will be offloading their higher level blues. Wonder if my geodes are worth anything.

Ken

Hello, Adventurers!

Welcome to Saint’s Haven and Dragon Nest’s official launch. Get ready to explore a whole new level of adventure!
Since you’re about to hit the big time in the big city, starting on September 28, we’ll be throwing some exciting events to start you off on the right foot.

Event: Cache and Carry
Date: September 28 – October 2, 2011 Pacific
Details: With new dungeons to conquer, you’re about to have your hands full with a lot of new loot! To help you carry all that stuff, any characters created during this event period will receive 10 bonus inventory slots absolutely free!
Note: Inventory slots will be awarded during the October 5 maintenance.

Event: Buried Treasure
Date: October 2, 2011, 12:01 AM – 11:59 PM Pacific
Details: Make sure you don’t lose out when you try to use your new treasure with the fifteen free 7-day Item Protection Jellies. Craft, enhance, and get some of those elusive item achievements without worrying about breaking your precious goodies!
Note: Item Protection Jellies will be awarded during the October 5 maintenance.

Event: Power Play Weekend
Date: October 1 – 2, 2011
Details: Hit ‘em hard and hit ‘em fast in the first weekend of Dragon Nest’s official “live” service! Just log in with any character and get 300 extra PWR points to use in new dungeons, in PvP or anywhere in Altera to score extra EXP and loot!

Why not give existing characters 10 bonus inventory slots. ]:

Hey guys, I remember seeing a Neogaf guild lurking around when I was playing during Open Beta. Is that guild still around? Yes I'm in Argenta and my IGN is Singularity.

Dreavus

Has anyone been playing this game recently?

I just jumped back in a few days ago (hadn't played since before they upped the level cap to 32) and I just reached 26. I feel like they dropped the ball a little bit in managing open beta --> release, since my entire guild seems to have stopped playing - when I check the guild roster, no one is past level 24, lol. I need to look for a new one.

I dunno, I still find the game fun, the combat still feels really good. Overall the game is extremely grindy in some areas, but at the same time doesn't seem too bad in other areas. Leveling feels fine to me for the most part for example, yet trying to craft and re-craft the top level gear at any given time (the lvl 32 cerberus stuff at the moment) is absurdly time consuming. I had hoped they'd reduce some of the material requirements after seeing how rare the drops were in the minotaur nest, but it appears to be just as bad with the new cerberus one. (Yet I still see more than a few people completely decked out, so maybe I'm missing something). I suppose it's not THAT bad, since I haven't felt like I'm under geared for any of the dungeons so far, but it's still a bit demoralizing when you see how many mats you need.

I like what they've done with the "goddess tears" system, where you can do daily quests for goddess tears and trade them for some pretty good "orange" (epic) weapons and armor, but unfortunately that gear is not necessarily up to par (only lvl 24 stuff is there, and our cap is 32). Unstructured pvp is pretty fun too, which I tried for the first time a few nights ago. 6v6 random arena with everyone blasting each other is kind of awesome. Getting stunlocked sucks though.

My impressions: combat is very fun, partying is quite easy to setup, and although it's grindy, the quest system is nice and streamlined so you can pick up and play the game with ease. It's also beautiful. If this is your thing, go for it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Don't know if anyone plays or keeps up with this game anymore. I just discovered it while playing Vindictus and it is pretty god damn good. They just released a really big update today

LEVEL CAP INCREASED TO 40 WITH NEW SKILLS

A new chapter in Dragon Nest begins as the level cap is raised to 40 and 28 new skills enter the game! Every character class gets new skills, including the all-new Ultimate Skills, to raise the bar on both PvE and PvP gameplay.

ULTIMATE SKILLS

Archer
- Sharpshooter
Arrow Barrage Hawk Ballista

- Acrobat
Nature's Rage Falling Star

Cleric
- Priest
Heavenly Judgment Grand Sigil

- Paladin
Divine Hammer Heart of Glory

Sorceress
- Elementalist
Frozen Fury Volcanic Vortex

- Mystic
Meteor Storm Beam Tempest

Warrior
- Swordsmaster
Infinity Edge Blade Storm

- Mercenary
Cleaving Gale Calamity Crush

NEW NESTS

On the outskirts of Saint?s Haven lie an abandoned town and corrupted mine. Dig in and discover the perils that await in two all-new nests!

For more information, click here.

- Manticore Nest
o Recommended Level: 40
o Normal and Hell mode available
o Boss: Manticore ?Kirshlaval?

- Apocalypse Nest
o Recommended Level: 40
o Normal and Hell mode available
o Boss: Apocalypse

NEW DUNGEONS

- Desolation Point
o Recommended Level: 32
o Boss: Lejaq Green Horn

- Graves of Unrest
o Recommended Level: 32
o Boss: Nox

- Dying City Crossroads
o Recommended Level: 34
o Boss: Karen and Freia

- Sunken Ship
o Boss: Feather Bloom

- Black Sovereign Tower
o Chompy

- Dying City Gates
o Recommended Level: 36
o Boss: Rrrumble

- Ruins of Lost Time
o Rubaq White Tail

- Silent Reach
o Boss: Stitchy

- Tomb of Spite
o Recommended Level: 38
o Boss: Hatespite

- Pirate Hideout
o Boss: Captain Dalant

- Forsaken Village
o Boss: Wisp Giant

NEW MOUNTS

You must be exhausted after all those dungeon runs. Take a load off without ever taking a break from your travels with two all-new mounts!

- Level Requirement: 40

- Two mounts are available:
- Ebony Thunder

- Snow Breeze

- Players need to speak to NPC Lindsay, in Saints Haven, to purchase the mounts.
- Six (6) Equine Badges are required for purchase.

- Ebony Thunder Equine Badge can be obtained in Manticore Nest Hell Mode.

- Snow Breeze Equine Badge can be obtained in Apocalypse Nest Hell Mode.
- Mounts provide a +60 Movement Speed
- Mounts can only be used in towns and fields. They cannot be used in the Arena (PvP), Dark Lair, or dungeons.

HOLIDAY EVENTS

NPCs and monsters like to celebrate, too! Dragon Nest is getting into the holiday spirit with three special events that are sure to make your season bright.

- Purchase a Holiday Set package to receive a Holiday Card that can be turned in for a Holiday Stocking. Open the stocking for special rewards!
- Defeat Santa Ducks or Rudolph Ducks to earn holiday fireworks, snowballs, or a new Photogenic Gesture.
- Wish an NPC a happy holiday to receive holiday rewards.

NEW PvP GEAR

Check out new outfits for your forays in the Arena, available in the Ladder Shop.

- Fighter's Set (Archer)

- Fighter's Set (Cleric)

- Fighter's Set (Sorceress)

- Fighter's Set (Warrior)

DRAGON VAULT UPDATE

A new shipment of holiday costumes just arrived in the Dragon Vault, which means sales for you! Help us make room for the new merchandise by picking up Dragon Eggs and outfits at a deep discount.

- Gachapon (Dragon Egg)
- New Dragon Egg bundles available at a special discounted price.
- Rare items? drop rates have been improved.
- New exclusive items have been added.
- Selected outfits available for up to 60% off.

New Holiday Costumes

Archer
- Merry Wintertide Set
Cleric
- Wintertide Prince Set
Sorceress
- Mrs. Claus Set
Warrior
- Reindeer Set

LEVEL UP REWARDS SYSTEM

- System has been extended to levels 25 ? 40.
- Rewards are given when a player reaches a particular level.
- Note: If a character?s level is already at the level with a reward before this patch, they will not receive the reward.
- Rewards will be distributed to the player?s Dragon Vault Gift Box.

List of rewards:
Level
Reward
Quantity

25 - Adventurer?s Bag (10 slots) x1
26 - Magnifying Glass of Fantasy x2
27 -Marketplace Pass (7 days) x1
28 - Dreamy Approval Stamps x3
29 - Resurrection Scroll x5
30 - Blue Courier Bird (World) x2
31 - Dreamy Item Protection Magic Jelly x12
32 - Dreamy Approval Stamp x3
33 - Lv. 30 Costume Hat (7 Days) x1
34 - Lv. 30 Costume Glove (7 Days) x1
35 - Lv. 30 Costume Shoes (7 Days) x1
36 - Lv. 30 Costume Pant (7 Days) x1
37 - Lv. 30 Costume Shirt (7 Days) x1
38 - Quick HP Gain Potion x10
39 - Dreamy Item Protection Magic Jelly x12
40 - Scroll of Unlearning (All) + 5 Dreamy Approval Stamps

BUG FIXES

- Item Protection Jellys are now tradable through the Marketplace and can only be purchased using NX Prepaid.
- Players should now be able to be added to guilds after upgrading the guild to level three.
- Disbanding a guild no longer displays an error.
- The "Back" button in Deckard's dialogue window has been translated.
- Inactive character?s hair now appears when logging in.

SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS

- Loading screen animation has been removed to improve latency.
- Guild and Party chat is no longer affected by the spam prevention system.
- In-game curse filter has been improved.

This on top of a 40% exp buff and a joint venture with Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter Online to get free NX.

Dreavus

Nice update.

I've been playing on and off. I still like the game, but haven't been playing as much. Sitting at level 31 atm. Only thing that is annoying about the game right now is the fact that I find myself soloing a lot of the regular dungeons... when I'm doing quests and stuff, people don't really have a reason to redo those places if they're already done. Usually "dailies" will fill up quick but anything else will not :p.

Dreavus

Now on Steam! This game is great download iiittttt!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/11610/

It certainly is. Haven't been playing much recently but I'm planning on jumping in on my lvl 45 to check out the higher level stuff.

The "jump to 45" event is also available for people who get the game on steam now, so you can get in there with a fully skilled character from the get-go if that's your fancy.

EDIT: It is criminal that this thread has only 1 page. D:

Vesper73

My friends and I picked this up when it came out on steam, (and it is free to play).

Having an absolute blast! The action combat is surprisingly deep. The game is also very polished!

Recommend++

K.Sabot

Going ahead and bumping this thread because level 70 is soon, wondering if there are any tasteful souls still playing.

(no one's gonna respond to this)

IGN is Melandru so feel free to add me.

Ken

Did Nexon recently throw up IP bans on their games? I tried to play this recently and it blocked me. :(

Top Bottom