• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 8 New Screens (and info) 56k no!

neptunes

dq01.jpg

dq03.jpg

dq07.jpg

dq06.jpg

dq08.jpg

dq09.jpg

dq10.jpg

dq12.jpg

dq14.jpg

dq15.jpg

dq20.jpg

dq18.jpg

dq22.jpg

dq23.jpg

dq27.jpg

dq24.jpg

dq26.jpg

cvxfreak

I really like the graphical style. It looks very artistic and appealing. I hope this game reaches American shores one day.

neptunes

sorry for the engrish babelfish translation
The protagonist which shows new sword skill

It is the protagonist which is open from announcement that time of the same work, but this time you want, the scene which you are walking it waits with and the picture etc. which is in the midst of fighting are open.

As for attention how saying, the aggressive scene. Other than those which in the monster it has started to cut with the sword, as generally known usual attack are thought, the fire pillar rising from the sword, there are some which give the large damage. With simple magic it is improbable even from the movement of the protagonist, but whether concretely it is some kind of skill it is unclear. But the sword skill which is similar to this it is wrong to be prepared to in addition to and, it is improbable.

Also the conversational scene of the man of the dress like the guard of the town is released to other things. Not only contents of conversation, as for the face and the dress of the man illustration that way image of the Mt. Toriyama discernment person of character design. When you think of that this moves really with 3D image, it makes truly well to "1 man who is in town and" has been troubled. In the same way, it is the place where expectation increases even in the movement of the monster which has appeared in the aggressive picture.

source: HERE

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
The Promised One said:
What do you want an avatar of? Just show, and I'll make it for ya. But you have to host it.

Oh, I have the avatar. I just dont know how I can make it my avatar. I go to User CP, and there's no option underneath avatar to enter a URL. It just has "no avatar selected".

Takuan

God, those characters look awful. Toriyama's faces are always the same, but these are the worst costumes I've seen from him. Chrono Trigger was nowhere near as bad as this.

belgurdo

Banned
Takuan said:
God, those characters look awful. Toriyama's faces are always the same, but these are the worst costumes I've seen from him. Chrono Trigger was nowhere near as bad as this.

Yeah...Chrono Trigger was worse. Frumpy robes and recolored Dragon Ball attire EVERYWHERE.

But at least these characters look good, even if they do all seem to be DBGT rejects.

Pachinko

AKira toriyama bashers piss me off. The man is the best manga artist out there next to osama tezuka, His style is about the most refined look out there in today's manga scene. I'd rather have consistent characters then artwork where the characters not only look the same but don't have the same proportions from one issue to the next. You want horrid character artwork, go play legend of mana or chrono cross.

belgurdo said:
Yeah...Chrono Trigger was worse. Frumpy robes and recolored Dragon Ball attire EVERYWHERE.

Heh yah, it's what happens when you're remembering a game on nostalgia and now how it really looked.

13.jpg

7.jpg

I don't see how DQ8 is somehow worse than that. I'm not even a big fan of Toriyama, but i've been liking his designs more and more lately for some reason. Especially since with this game, the characters actually look like his art.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A CARTOON TEH KIDDIE!

Looks sweet.

"Akira Toriyama Designs Strangely Reminiscent of Dragon Ball...News at Eleven."

MASB

56K NO!

It's only about 17 pics that are only 10-11K each. What? They still use 9600 baud modems where you live? :p

As for the pics themselves, I think they look great. I'm not a fan of all of Toriyama's work, but his designs seem to be translating well in DQ8.

Vashu

shibbs said:
Looks great but this isnt coming to europe?

Well, the chance of that happening has been growing and growing ever since the fusion of Square and Enix. As we are typing :)p), they are currently busy getting their European part a good old make-over. In September, they will release the first game under their own name, making Square Enix a solid EU publisher. So no more using Atari and EA for their games, they can now publish it themselves.

First game will be Final Fantasy XI (with both add-ons) for the PC. After that, Dragon Quest has a very big chance of getting a release here. Heck, first game in the Dragon Quest series could be the remake of V, which I sincerely hope. They didn't mention bringing more support for RPG games to Europe for nothing. :)

This has to be the best use of toon shading ever. The colors work perfectly. I never would have predicted Square Enix's best looking game would be the new Dragon Quest game, but it very well looks it.

Top Bottom