• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God damn Yangus is too fucking strong LOL getting 3.9k crits at level 44 and he doesnt even have his best weapon yet and that's without defence down>

As fun and awesome as Alena is she might get rep'd sooner or later if I find someone else I like at this point. Isla's spell combo is too strong to not use and Yangus is a monster

EGOMON

I just started playing the game and so far am liking it there is one thing bugging me everytime you land from a jump there is this moment where it feel you stuck on the ground before moving forward i don't know how to explain it but the transition from landing to movement is kinda kinky or clunky lol i don't know which one is the right word.

Another thing the camera i feel it can be smarter i keep rotating it while fighting because the enemy ends up behind me :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just started playing the game and so far am liking it there is one thing bugging me everytime you land from a jump there is this moment where it feel you stuck on the ground before moving forward i don't know how to explain it but the transition from landing to movement is kinda kinky or clunky lol i don't know which one is the right word.

Another thing the camera i feel it can be smarter i keep rotating it while fighting because the enemy ends up behind me :/

It's clunky but at the same time you can cancel it into skills.

As for the camera get used to pressing block mid combo or skill to rotate the camera towards you and to set the camera speed to 5 so you can rotate it at a decent rate. The default is way too slow

Guymelef

Any idea to how I can ask about the stupid problem with the game sound? only stereo through optical cable and 5.1 setup.

EGOMON

It's clunky but at the same time you can cancel it into skills.

As for the camera get used to pressing block mid combo or skill to rotate the camera towards you and to set the camera speed to 5 so you can rotate it at a decent rate. The default is way too slow

I tried dodging after landing but didn't work but didn't try chain it with skill, thanks for the advice

grimmiq

So far I've been unable to sub out Luceus, do you eventually unlock full party customizing? Just had Nera and Bianca join.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
goddamn Bianca is a beast

Eh I dont really see it, I got her a solid weapon and unlocked her skills.

Isla Kaswoosh - powerthrow - firebird throw is still the most abussive thing Ive seen so far.

The homing shot is nice and basically can refund it self with lots of mobs but isla does the same thing at a bit slower yet way safe way better controlled pace. *shrug*

I mean it sucks in bosses and even CC's them lol

crinale

The real final boss should give you REAL challenge
if you choose not to use lightorb
It's been said within KT and SE personnel only countable (very few numbers) players could actually beat him.
Luckily beating him never counts towards platinum.

Me? Of course it is impossible for me to beat that dude :(

brinstar

Eh I dont really see it, I got her a solid weapon and unlocked her skills.

Isla Kaswoosh - powerthrow - firebird throw is still the most abussive thing Ive seen so far.

The homing shot is nice and basically can refund it self with lots of mobs but isla does the same thing at a bit slower yet way safe way better controlled pace. *shrug*

I mean it sucks in bosses and even CC's them lol

maybe it's cause I just got her and kind of ignored Isla but I was surprised at how fast she can kill mobs

The real final boss should give you REAL challenge
if you choose not to use lightorb
It's been said within KT and SE personnel only countable (very few numbers) players could actually beat him.
Luckily beating him never counts towards platinum.

Me? Of course it is impossible for me to beat that dude :(

I can't even beat him with the
lightorb
I have done almost everything else but Zoma , nokturus ,Atlas just killing me .

crinale

I can't even beat him with the
lightorb
I have done almost everything else but Zoma , nokturus ,Atlas just killing me .

Him in weaker form has ability to remove buffs from your skills or spells, but in stronger form he will remove all buffs from accessories too, making the battle pure action game lol.

crinale

Uhhh
Psaro
just showed up randomly in a mission but fled immediately, what am I supposed to do with that?

That's an indication that you'll be able to recruit him eventually, but quite later. Keep checking quests as you beat each area.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I have a request, if someone is able to help me. I need a video of the English credits to check something. If someone can capture it and private message me a Dropbox or hidden YouTube link, I'd appreciate it greatly.

B-Dex

So going into NG+ I know yellow equip and quest reward equip get taken away but do they stay in the battle record or do you need to get them again?

Hmmm apparently battle record stays but not for monsters minions or quests.

B-Dex

It has all the DLC included.

Also this game is fucking ridiculous in post game. Monkey enemies that dodge everything can freeze and sleep and cast instant death. With like 5k+ hp as normal enemies that come in packs of 6+. What an absolute joke.

crinale

So going into NG+ I know yellow equip and quest reward equip get taken away but do they stay in the battle record or do you need to get them again?

Hmmm apparently battle record stays but not for monsters minions or quests.

Compendium things grant you medals will be wiped, so you can get medals again in NG+.

Shahed

Okay if I plan on doing NG+, is there any point in doing some of the extra stuff or is it better saved for the next playthrough?

Oh those are what you talking about .
They were not to stressful ( the first few lol) but then i again i use terry cause he is a tension demon .
Still you have a long way to go and things just going to get more crazy lol

It has all the DLC included.

Also this game is fucking ridiculous in post game. Monkey enemies that dodge everything can freeze and sleep and cast instant death. With like 5k+ hp as normal enemies that come in packs of 6+. What an absolute joke.

Yep the first time i face them i was like WTF lol.

mjc

Is it possible to turn off the voices coming through the controller speakers? It's kind of annoying..

B-Dex

Quest 100. Who the fuck designed this garbage? Seriously I doubt any of the designers even played the game they wrote it on paper and said get fucked players.

Might just give up on the plat.

Quest 100. Who the fuck designed this garbage? Seriously I doubt any of the designers even played the game they wrote it on paper and said get fucked players.

Yep that quest is bullshit had to stop and level up for that one and get a better shield .
Which was yesterday and today we get double the exp lol .

crinale

Successfully crafting uber accessories is only the start..
IIRC you must beat that quest to see another boss.

shmoglish

Only using low level Chars may be not the Best idea. Didn't use the last two I got, next two are already joining.

Game is fun so far and becomes harder.

B-Dex

Dat feel when your CdG only does 1dmg to a King Metal Slime but then you land a miracle hit right after that kills him.
Bless double EXP right now.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Bought this on a complete whim. Digital slime edition. Haven't played a Musou game since Samurai Warriors 4 (which was dope). Let's do this.

LowParry

Meh. Why can't we turn off subtitles? I feel kinda forced to just use JA voices now which I'm fine with. But why in the world does everyone sound like they're talking in a stone room where it echos? I'm thinking maybe it's the profile I'm using with my PlayStation headset but I dunno. Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Hold it. Waaaaaaait a minute. It IS the headphones. Gotta turn down/off that sound/chat.

Edit 2: The things you have to do to adjust the sound chat, volume AND in game volume to make it sound right. Oiy.

Raw64life

So what's with the weekend stuff messages? Do I actually have to do anything to get the extra XP and rare items or you just keep playing and it happens automatically?

crinale

So what's with the weekend stuff messages? Do I actually have to do anything to get the extra XP and rare items or you just keep playing and it happens automatically?

From my experience of Japanese version, quit the DQH application for once. Then launch it again with you hooked to PSN and you'll see the message after you load up the saved file.

Xevren

Do other titles disable the media player or is this like one of the few? Got tired of the music and voices fast so decided to listen to music instead only to find this game shuts it off when you play, dumb!

Apt101

"Is there no opponent to truly stretch me?!" I'm thinking Kiryl wants to give it a shot.

The grinding I did to complete quests and look for treasure has paid off I think. Levels/missions others are complaining about being difficult on-line I am breezing through. Luceus, Alena, Yangus, and Jessica. Just flattening enemies.

Top Bottom