• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Finished the story last night and have been prepping for the post game content this morning.

I've been farming the Metal King Slimes with great success. Thanks to the EXP event that's currently running, I now have Alena and Luceus in the 90s and the rest of the team in the 60s. I may keep at it while the boost is on.

Raw64life

About to go to Yggdrasil now. As repetitive as this game can be I played about 8 hours of it yesterday and will probably play another 8 today. Dragon Quest in English in 2015!

But fuck Belle Caps. There are three different sidequests that need them and I've only gotten 3 of the 6 I need after killing over 400 shamans. They just keep dropping thickincense instead. This game is already repetitive enough as it is without these kind of quests. I'm contemplating just spending some mini medals to get them but it seems like such a waste of medals.

crinale

About to go to Yggdrasil now. As repetitive as this game can be I played about 8 hours of it yesterday and will probably play another 8 today. Dragon Quest in English in 2015!

But fuck Belle Caps. There are three different sidequests that need them and I've only gotten 3 of the 6 I need after killing over 400 shamans. They just keep dropping thickincense instead. This game is already repetitive enough as it is without these kind of quests. I'm contemplating just spending some mini medals to get them but it seems like such a waste of medals.

Try upper version of the shaman (I don't know English name of it).

B-Dex

Try upper version of the shaman (I don't know English name of it).

Sorcerer in English. And yeah belle caps have the worst drop rate.

Can I stack defensive target +health accessories for quest 100? I'm thinking 2 of those on each and that strength increase when in a small party for each should do nicely.

crinale

Sorcerer in English. And yeah belle caps have the worst drop rate.

Can I stack defensive target +health accessories for quest 100? I'm thinking 2 of those on each and that strength increase when in a small party for each should do nicely.

You can but having accessory to buff your minion's life also helps. That, the one you mentioned, and ice / sleep resistance accessories are ones you choose from.
I'm assuming you have maxed out monster slots.

Edit: I just remembered someone told me he had accessory to pierce thru enemy blocking to make his life against those knights much easier.

B-Dex

You can but having accessory to buff your minion's life also helps. That, the one you mentioned, and ice / sleep resistance accessories are ones you choose from.
I'm assuming you have maxed out monster slots.

Edit: I just remembered someone told me he had accessory to pierce thru enemy blocking to make his life against those knights much easier.

Yeah many options but only 6 total acc slots sucks. That cut through enemy block acc is amazing on Maya. I use it all the time elsewhere.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
As repetitive as this game can be I played about 8 hours of it yesterday and will probably play another 8 today. Dragon Quest in English in 2015!

Bought the game yesterday, and when I woke up this morning, my save file told me I had played 8h31m. Eh. It's so goddamn ADDICTIVE. Currently wrapping up sidequests to bolster my team a bit, before heading into the next area.

One question for someone who has all the characters
When do you get Maya? Just finished Grannet.

B-Dex

Bought the game yesterday, and when I woke up this morning, my save file told me I had played 8h31m. Eh. It's so goddamn ADDICTIVE. Currently wrapping up sidequests to bolster my team a bit, before heading into the next area.

One question for someone who has all the characters
When do you get Maya? Just finished Grannet.

The next area.

I love her alt costume with the veteran boss weapon. Looks nice.

Sorry if someone posted this already, but how do you get different costumes? Is it through Alchemy Pot? I just got the game not too long ago. Im in the
Dwarven caves
area right now. I wanna know if I can get the
Bunny Suit
for Jessica from all the other DQ games. I know theres
accessory pieces
but I dont think those actually show on screen.

Gaaaaah, this game is fun. I'm still really early, just met Alena and her thirsty dude.

My only gripe is the framerate.

So, I'm in like my mid 30s for levels, seems like I'm close to the end of the game, should I just try and beat it first and then continue doing side quests and other stuff? Or does it send you directly into new game plus if you beat the game? Just wondering what the general end game process should be

B-Dex

So, I'm in like my mid 30s for levels, seems like I'm close to the end of the game, should I just try and beat it first and then continue doing side quests and other stuff? Or does it send you directly into new game plus if you beat the game? Just wondering what the general end game process should be

It is a choice when you load your save. Continue or do a flying start.

Dizzy-4U

Can you get all the recipes on the field or some of them are exclusive to the vendor? Should I start spending medals on them?

That fricking 30 space inventory limit is driving me insane by the way.

Edit (read last page): So you have to hold onto the medals for better stuff in new game+? I didn't even know there was a new game+.....

shmoglish

That fricking 30 space inventory limit is driving me insane by the way.
Do the Quests as soon as you can. I don't know the english Name, but the questname was pretty obviously. After 10 hours I can do tje second quest for a bigger bag. The first added 15 places.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My main character is getting a constant stream of +10 HP healing for a while now, and I can't figure out the cause. It doesn't seem to be the accessories. So I need to figure out why the hell this is happening so I can give that effect to my whole team.

Shahed

My main character is getting a constant stream of +10 HP healing for a while now, and I can't figure out the cause. It doesn't seem to be the accessories. So I need to figure out why the hell this is happening so I can give that effect to my whole team.

Weapon. Mini medal one right?

Jobbs

Banned
8 hours in. If you think too hard sometimes you start to criticize the game for lacking variety, but for some reason you can't stop playing.

Running Aurora, Alena, Yangus, and Boomerang Girl (forgot her name). I play as Alena a lot. She's so fun!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Weapon. Mini medal one right?

Haven't purchased anything with mini medals yet. Oh shit could it be the Power Shield with the occasional HP recovery? I'll try removing it.

Yep. It was the shield. A 6000 bucks shield that makes you functionally invincible. Not bad. +2% my ass. This thing regens you every 5 seconds. It's annoying to see the damn 10 over my head. But I am invincible as fuck.

Raw64life

I'm just about at the endgame and hadn't touched my mini medals (at 135) or the alchemy pot (unless I had to get rid of some items due to the ridiculous early game ingredients limit they put on you) without even knowing there's a NG+. Glad it's paid off.

only one more trophy to go had to go on line to see what it was .
something call the puff puff trophy where you have to talk to party members after a battle lol .

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
only one more trophy to go had to go on line to see what it was .
something call the puff puff trophy where you have to talk to party members after a battle lol .

Wait wut. I'm a DQ fan. I know puff puff. I need puff puffs. Where in the hell are they? Maybe the barmaid in the airship?

Kaname

Where do you get costumes? And are they actually different costumes than the standard ones or just color swap and cheap stuff like that?

Lucreto

My copy of the game didn't arrive on Friday so I am stuck watching the Live on PlayStation twitch streams.

I hope to be playing tomorrow.

Dizzy-4U

Do the Quests as soon as you can. I don't know the english Name, but the questname was pretty obviously. After 10 hours I can do tje second quest for a bigger bag. The first added 15 places.
Thank God, I just got that quest done. I was beginning to think that they were going to release some bulshit dlc or something.

Who is the mose OP characters in the game? Nera with her attack power increase is quite overpowered, but fun to use.

Terry because of how fast he can build tension .

Just get the Platinum my second one .
Don't really care about that stuff but have not play a muso type game in a long while so it was fun to do .
I was say overall i give it a 75 there a few problems like to much reuses assets , poor AI for characters and other things .
Still it was loads of fun and that all that matters .

Where do you get costumes? And are they actually different costumes than the standard ones or just color swap and cheap stuff like that?

they are just color swaps and you get them from quests at the quest counter (this is only for the 4 unique characters, I don't know about the rest of the party, but I'm guessing the same)

Kaname

they are just color swaps and you get them from quests at the quest counter (this is only for the 4 unique characters, I don't know about the rest of the party, but I'm guessing the same)

Meh, such a shame :(
I was hoping for something cool, especially for Jessica :3

Apt101

Hmm, I wonder how long I've been running around with this alternate Luceus costume in my inventory and not realizing it...

Anyways, I am not feeling Nera or Bianca. Worked with them both for a while, I guess they just don't suit my playstyle - though I can at least see using Bianca during certain fights to make things easier, but more often than not I think I'd rather have Jessica or Isla.

Finalow

I have the English version of the slime collector's edition. As far as I can tell it's just weapons and a few extra maps. The maps didn't really add any additional story, just places to grind for particular items and treasure.
seems like the 5 sub-stories are unlocked after you finish some battles in the arena and they're included in the english version of the game. if you have the japanese one you just have to download them since they're free. at least that's what I found out

Alright got Nera and Bianca.

Very quickly learned that Nera is not my style. Her magic is great but the way she plays is just not for me. Bianca is a different story, I'm not huge on playing as her, but having her in my party proves useful in different situations.

So now my party is Aurora, Alena(who I control the most), Bianca and Jessica.

Alright got Nera and Bianca.

Very quickly learned that Nera is not my style. Her magic is great but the way she plays is just not for me. Bianca is a different story, I'm not huge on playing as her, but having her in my party proves useful in different situations.

So now my party is Aurora, Alena(who I control the most), Bianca and Jessica.
Lol i saw she just throws bubbles. So I passed and went with her bestie instead

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The hp on these bosses is driving me insane. What is this Monster Hunter?

loving every second got 5 down now

Anyone have any accessory suggestions for end game? I have a few basic ideas but I rather not waste time farming for something that won't pay off

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I know some of you have been skipping the cutscenes, but dang, this game can be really adorable.

The reunion cutscene with Healix was great.

i wonder if DQH will focus more on the story or just work on online feature. i like the story even if it's not really a story. probably because healix is the best character in the game.

Top Bottom