• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

sensui-tomo

I'm surprised SE didn't have an online component with this game.

With KT helping its better that they didnt (except with the case of toukiden and its expansion) cause damn do almost all the warrior games have shitty co-op . At least with the sequel being 4 player i expect it to be like toukiden, man i'm wondering if the game will become more grindy with the 4 player aspect.(which i wouldnt mind if it becomes more toukiden like)

Skulldead

The endgame protect challenge are insane hard. I'm level 62 with ultimate weapon for the char i use and i get myself dominate after 10 minutes.... I have to be level 90 to stand a chance ? And other optional boss from DLC 1-2 shot me, i can't survive more then 1 minute... This post content is brutal, i never encounter something this hard since a long time...

Got the game on Saturday, and so far, I'm 10 hours in and going to
Yggdrasil
next. I'm really enjoying this game so far! It's very challenging, that's for sure.

I wish Patty was playable just so I could see her more :p She's hawt.
bF30Rji.jpg

Nintenyearold

Neo Member
How long is the campaign?

I want to try this out as my first musou once I can afford some new games. I've always loved DQ monster designs since playing a ton of Dragon Warrior Monsters on GB as a kid, and the look of this combined with the hack n slash looks fun.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well it kind of IS a Musou, in a very superficial sense. I'd say it's more like a DQ action RPG more than anything. Outstanding game though. One of my favorites of the year.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is the plat of this game harder than the JP counterpart? That's what my friend said though...

B-Dex

Is the plat of this game harder than the JP counterpart? That's what my friend said though...

If you have to beat all the DLC bosses then yeah. But I'm not sure if they changed any trophy unlocks or not. I just need to beat Atlas and maybe that stupid moose? I think. For the last 2 monsters.

Wilsongt

Camera angles are notcho friend sometimes.

Just got to the
goddess tower or whatever
Running Luceus, Alena, Bianca, and Jessica at the moment.

If you have to beat all the DLC bosses then yeah. But I'm not sure if they changed any trophy unlocks or not. I just need to beat Atlas and maybe that stupid moose? I think. For the last 2 monsters.

Yes you have to beat all the DLC bosses to get the plat .
But on the bright side you don't have to beat zoma with the light orb off .
I try not using it after i beat him with it on , LMAO he is one of the hardest bosses i have ever face in all my years of gaming .

grimmiq

I think only alena got an alternate costume (being her original outfit) and everyone else has palette swaps.

Well that sucks.

Are the mini medal weapons close to the best for each character? Already have the sword, and Bianca is a monster so thinking of getting the bow next.

has anyone yet figured out how to get Spotify to work with this game?

from a freshly rebooted PS4, i start Spotify, start a playlist, hit my PS button, start DQH, and a few seconds later Spotify stops.

when i hold PS button to see the volume controls Spotify is grayed out. it's like this the entirety of playing the game, not just specific scenes or areas of the game. incredibly lame if this was intentional.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I had been using Maya wrong all along, and wondering why she sucked so much.

Fuck.

I needed to take her airborne. Spinning around boss tier enemies, her feet never touching the ground doing 300 hits combos in seconds with just normal attacks, maxing her tension bar every fight....

s1xy7.jpg

Played this for about 8 hours over the last few days. Honestly not sure how I feel about it just yet; it's certainly fun - and addictive - but I just wish there was a bit more substance. One of the things which always bothered me about the Musou games was the poor level design, and I think this suffers from the same problem. So far I've mostly been using the female main character, but I started using Terry and Alena last night and they're both pretty cool. Didn't actually make as much use of the double exp weekend as I should have - is this a regular thing, or was it a one-off?

has anyone yet figured out how to get Spotify to work with this game?

from a freshly rebooted PS4, i start Spotify, start a playlist, hit my PS button, start DQH, and a few seconds later Spotify stops.

when i hold PS button to see the volume controls Spotify is grayed out. it's like this the entirety of playing the game, not just specific scenes or areas of the game. incredibly lame if this was intentional.

It is intentional sadly. Not sure when Koei/Omega Force started doing it. I noticed it in One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and it was also present in Samurai Warriors 4-II. However it works fine with DW8CEXL.

Kamina777

Banned
I like fighting boss type bigger enemies, gets the blood pumping especially who. You learn their weakness and they send multiples are you. Glad I bought this!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Got a bunch off of the fourth to last mission, I believe.

It wasn't until the very end of the game that I was swimming in quest items.

I knew I'd regret farming but it's too late now. 3 hours of farming and I got like 4 so far. 2 more for my current quests. T_T

khaaan

My copy arrived over the weekend and I'm enjoying it so far, I finished up the first mission in the desert town. I wish I realized there were Day 1/PS+ DLC's that came with it because by this point all my equipment outclasses the slime stuff. Battles are fun, I don't feel like the repetitiveness has been a problem so far. My only complaint is when you have the more open spaces and the map shows a large sized mob but when you get there it becomes a chore of hit one or two baddies -> run for a few seconds -> hit couple more baddies. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often. The most enjoyable part for me is when there are large mobs placed together and executing a string of combos without breaking the flow. One thing I would have loved to see is the ability to direct AI to different locations and tell them to hold that area. I think it would be fun to spread out over the map and then jump around to juggle different situations.

I'm not a DQ vet either so I'm a little bummed that a lot of the fan service is lost on me. I've played a few of them, only ever came close to finishing 6. At least I can many of the tropes and I am having fun regardless. Who knows? Maybe when I go back and play the other DQ games I'll be excited sort of the same way as a DQ fan playing this would be.

I love this game so much. However Hackasaurus can effasaurus off. I'm using Male main guy....the king...Alena...Jessica. I can wreck basically everything so far except those. The mission im on now is the one with the elevator and they just overrun me and destroy the statue with a quickness.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can't you just buy them from the medal shop? I just saw them.

Yeah but my medals!

I love this game so much. However Hackasaurus can effasaurus off. I'm using Male main guy....the king...Alena...Jessica. I can wreck basically everything so far except those. The mission im on now is the one with the elevator and they just overrun me and destroy the statue with a quickness.

Aurora's R1+Triangle freezing move is perfect for hackasauruses. In fact it's perfect for like every goddamn enemy. Even bosses can get frozen. It's insane. It's incredible how Luceus is fucking useless compared to her. No joke, I think he's the worst character in the game. He doesn't have anything special.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I've been playing this game a lot, but for some reason I kind it find of boring. Which is strange because I love Musou games and have played tons of them.

I think the pacing is a bit off. The levels are so short, and having to go back to the airship after pretty much every mission breaks up the action too much. Also, do you eventually unlock longer combo strings like DW? Because the movesets seem pretty limited at time.

Also, the slowness of the menus is kinda bugging me. I feel its more appropriate in DQ since it's a slower RPG. Having to listen to a jingle every time I turn in a quest is a pain.

AgeEighty

So glad I picked the female lead, the male one is just annoying and the whole battle plan skit get old fast.

It's not like you see different cutscenes depending on which one of them you pick, so he's the same degree of annoying either way.
And if you do pick him and so it's Aurora who gets removed from the party midway through, I'm pretty sure he tones that stuff down.

Between my love for DQ and "not Mosou" games by Koei I really like this game, it's not Hyrule Warriors though
because it's not a Mosou

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You can switch characters on NG+. If you picked poorly (Luceus) don't panic. You can salvage that file on NG+.

Having Alena from the beginning is good enough, wish I could main her, regardless it has to be the cool girl or the big mouth strategist.

Top Bottom