• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Skulldead

Maws appear after the Marquis goes down BTW.

I found vet Marquis much harder alone then when with hydra, just spam AOE like a crazy during 10 minutes then you're done. And buy Full Healstones.

The quest 100 really trouble me, monkey that nearly freeze instant death is insane hard...

What's everyones main lineup?

I use Luceus as my main, Aurora, Yangus, and the Lance dude. The one with Kabuff. I forgot his name.

Yangus is fucking OP

Shahed

I use Luceus as my main, Aurora, Yangus, and the Lance dude. The one with Kabuff. I forgot his name.

Yangus is fucking OP

I'm not sure yet. Jessica is a must for healing. I prefer Aurora over Luceus since she can freeze enemies and bosses. Bianca is great at crowd control and builds tension well even if not using her. Then either Terry or Alena for their dividing which makes them really powerful and builds tension really fast with their combos. Ideally I'd take Luceus/Aurora out if I could for someone else but that's not possible.

Quonny

Yangus is fucking OP

Aurora, Yangus, Jessica, <insert whoever I feel like here>.

Usually it's Bianca, just for that roleplaying party balance of DPS melee, tank, healer/mage, archer.

Raw64life

Been going with Luceus, Aurora, Jessica & Yangus. Luceus only because I picked him as my main, which I now regret after finding out Aurora can freeze enemies. I'm at the end game but I'm trying to clean out every side quest before I finish the story. 28 hours in and loving it. Can't wait for the inevitable heartbreak of DQH2 not coming out here.

Been going with Luceus, Aurora, Jessica & Yangus. Luceus only because I picked him as my main, which I now regret after finding out Aurora can freeze enemies. I'm at the end game but I'm trying to clean out every side quest before I finish the story. 28 hours in and loving it. Can't wait for the inevitable heartbreak of DQH2 not coming out here.

Same here. I wish I would of went with Aurora as my primary since she can freeze. I like Luceus, but freezing enemies is so much more useful. It would be nice if at lesat Inferno Slash could knockup the bigger minions.

jorgeton

My team has been Aurora, Luceus, Alena and Yangus. Sometimes I swap in the King, Maya or Jessica. But Aurora and Alena >>>>>> everyone else.

Does the European Day One edition actually have that red marking from the promotional materials on the physical packaging? I ordered from a product listing that specifically stated the Day One edition but there's no sign of it on the box. Kinda reluctant to open the shrink-wrap until I'm sure.

Skulldead

What is the fastest place to kill Pandora's Box?

Do the protection mission at upper right of the map that happen in the shrine stage. There is 3 chest that have Pandora's Box, just rush to them, kill them and evac/repeat.

edit: you have to finish the game first to unlock them.

1upsuper

I've been using Aurora, Terry, Elena, and Jessica purely because they're my favorite DQ characters of the bunch. I like Yangus a lot, but he's a bit too slow for me. I'll give him another chance later probably. The party has worked well but I sorta feel like I should replace Alena, as much as I don't want to. She's really fun to play as, but maybe Maya or Bianca would compliment the party better. I'd totally drop Aurora if I could.

I think SE made some great choices with their DQ vets. I maybe would have liked Cannock or Moonbrook, but I get that I-III didn't have much characterization to go on. The only glaring omission to me is Torneko.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm rolling with Luceus (groan), Terry, Nera, and Jessica. I'm about 25 hours in and pretty close to the end of the main questline I think. I'm kind of looking forward to NG+ so I can drop this no-talent ass-clown of a main character.

I think SE made some great choices with their DQ vets. I maybe would have liked Cannock or Moonbrook, but I get that I-III didn't have much characterization to go on. The only glaring omission to me is Torneko.

I'd buy the hell out of some Torneko DLC. Especially if he had an unlockable ability that increased the chances of finding rare treasure, or gave you more gold from killing enemies.

Xevren

Used Aurora, Yangus, Bianca and Jessica. Beat the main quest line the other day and did some post game stuff, overall I really enjoyed it though the beginning was really boring.

Guymelef

Do the protection mission at upper right of the map that happen in the shrine stage. There is 3 chest that have Pandora's Box, just rush to them, kill them and evac/repeat.

edit: you have to finish the game first to unlock them.

Thanks.

So is impossible to maximize all stats without New Game+? At high levels I only obtain 1 skill point per level...

And the weapons from Hard bosses are mandatory for the trophy?

Skulldead

Thanks.

So is impossible to maximize all stats without New Game+? At high levels I only obtain 1 skill point per level...

And the weapons from Hard bosses are mandatory for the trophy?

Yes and Hard bosses Veteran is a trophy too, so... at the same time you have to do them...

2 times ng+ to do to get all skill, but MP+5 are pretty useless at end games...

What's the best use for Mini Medals? I have 80 but don't want to waste them.

My progress:
Just did the crown tree/golem boss.

I plan on Platinuming the game if that matters.

Skulldead

What's the best use for Mini Medals? I have 80 but don't want to waste them.

My progress:
Just did the crown tree/golem boss.

I plan on Platinuming the game if that matters.

You have to buy everything with medal except the ingredient and Receipt. You can spend them on weapon and Orb, then the rest of the receipt that you've miss.

Arkeband

Banned

Hassan/Carver being added in DQH2 is solid. Maribel is good too.

They need:
DQ6's hero
Milly/Mileyu (Terry's sister) (DQ6)
Kiefer or Aria (doesn't matter which) (DQ7/M3:Caravan Hearts)
Torneko (DQ4)
Barbara (DQ6)

I'd also like to see some playable enemies, like Psaro, even though they retconned him in DQ4 to be a bit more "misunderstood".

Orgodemir and Dhoulmagus share a lot of similarities so either one would be fine. Dethtamoor/Mortamor would be OK with a Maya playstyle where he floats around and beats people up with dragonballs. Any of the other bosses would have to do something like Hyrule Warriors boss mode where you're a giant and you just go on a destruction spree.

I think it says a lot that there are no real characters from 9 or 10 they could pull from, unless they go with 'default guy from those cutscenes'. I'm really glad that 11 looks like a return to form with a static (hopefully) memorable cast.

Guymelef

Don't worry about spend mini medals, one you beat the game there is a sub quest where you obtain an accessory with 3% (I think) possibility of mini medals.
Go to that mission in a field full of limos kill everything and you will have like 15 mini medals in 5 minutes.

Who I would want added.

Dq2: cannock and moonbroome
Dq3: Kandar
Dq4: has enough representation, but if I had to pick, maybe torneko since he's iconic and could be unique
Dq5: has enough representation, but let's go with sancho.
Dq6: (besides Hassan), Milly, Chamaro or barbara
Dq7: Gabo. He can ride his wold like the 3ds version
Dq8: has enough representation
Dq9: sandy or aquill
Dq10: The princess hero chick from the 2nd expansion.

1upsuper

Yeah, I'm glad Hassan/Carver made the cut for 2. I'd also like to see Milly to round out the
DQM1
VI cast. I'd really like to see some playable monsters. I think they could do something fun with a playable Slime Stack. I could go on forever listing cool monsters though.

This is the game that will make me pull the trigger on a PS4. I'm holding off for a bit though, since I need to save up some cash and I think I can get a good deal on Black Friday...but man, the wait is hard! This game looks sooo good!

Until then, I think I'll start up Dragon Quest VIII and familiarize myself with Dragon Quest in general, since I've never played one.

1upsuper

Do quests expire at any point?

Not as far as I know. As some others have said, it's more efficient to wait on a lot of the quests requiring rare drops because they'll become more common later.

It looks like I'm approaching the end of my first playthrough, and the only quest I still have is the one where I fight
Psaro. Do I have to complete this quest before what I assume is the final boss? Because I can't even bring Psaro down to 3/4 of his health before I'm destroyed.

Yangus is fucking OP

I switch it up all the time. It's a habit I have in all RPGs: everyone gets some screen time. My favorite party right now, though, is Luceus, Yangus, Jessica, and Maya.

Not as far as I know. As some others have said, it's more efficient to wait on a lot of the quests requiring rare drops because they'll become more common later.

It looks like I'm approaching the end of my first playthrough, and the only quest I still have is the one where I fight
Psaro. Do I have to complete this quest before what I assume is the final boss? Because I can't even bring Psaro down to 3/4 of his health before I'm destroyed.

When does that quest unlock?

Got Maya and wooooooow. No wonder she is one of the last you get. She is fucking absurd once you get her combo meter up to 100 and become the Death God of Dance flying around raining fire down upon everything and never touching the ground ever!

Not to mention her dialog has been the best in the game.

Things that amused me:

CRzKF02WoAA1Krg.png:orig

And I just thought this screenshot was cool:

I picked this up last night and it's amazing. Such a nostalgia overload. But why, for crying out loud, does the mini map have to be so huge? That was a complaint I've had with all of the recent musou games I've played and I was hoping it would be fixed in this one... We all have HDTV's now, there's no need to push it towards the center of the screen so much.

I picked this up last night and it's amazing. Such a nostalgia overload. But why, for crying out loud, does the mini map have to be so huge? That was a complaint I've had with all of the recent musou games I've played and I was hoping it would be fixed in this one... We all have HDTV's now, there's no need to push it towards the center of the screen so much.

its not that huge. i mean you could make it 3/4 of the screen though. that'd be huge ;P

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Yangus is fucking OP

Aurora, Maya, Alena and Bianca. Terry goes in from time to time too. He's goddamn great. Probably will run Terry, Nera and Yangus with Aurora next NG. Funny seeing someone with the same exact team posting screens haha.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Is there a way to get the exclusive outfits from the S-E EU Preorder directly ingame without preorder code?

Rymuth

30 minutes in, absolutely gorgeous gem of a game. Using Aurora as my main and switched dodge and spell casing from R1 to R2 - otherwise, not much to report on that hasn't been stated yet. :p

still like the tower defense part of the game still. especially with the monster medal. dropping down some big guys in front to protect the path way while you work on the other side.

i'm close to the end game i think. saving all the quests for NG+. except the ones where i literally don't have to do anything since i already collected items for it lol.

Quonny

I don't think I'm gonna touch NG+. I like the game, but there are a handful of really unfun missions and I abused the AFK EXP exploit to get my party pretty high leveled so I'm not worried about being underpowered.

Plus going back through those menus...once is enough. I don't need to hear a 15 second jingle for everything I do.

Guymelef

I don't think I'm gonna touch NG+. I like the game, but there are a handful of really unfun missions and I abused the AFK EXP exploit to get my party pretty high leveled so I'm not worried about being underpowered.

Plus going back through those menus...once is enough. I don't need to hear a 15 second jingle for everything I do.

What exploit?

Top Bottom