• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Quonny

It's not fast EXP, but it is nice, AFK EXP. Usually get about a level in 20 minutes.

Load up the level with the two bosses (Dual something). Here, you have three options:

1) Control the MC and have that shield that heals you periodically.
2) Control Yangus and use his X spell to make yourself invincible.
3) Control a character that has the heal periodically accessory.

Now, do nothing. Just stand there. Your AI partners will kill all the enemies, but they will not kill the bosses because you have to get the last hit on the bosses. Adds will spawn for ~20 minutes, but then they won't come out anymore.

If your party is too weak (taking more than 1 damage), bring Jessica.

Come back 20 minutes later, kill the boss, everyone gets a level or two, and you get a few mini medals. It's not the fastest, but if you're cooking dinner or whatever, it's free XP and medals. I work from home, so checking on it every half hour isn't a big deal.

Kamina777

Banned
Psaro battle had me pulling my hair out my arms until I realized Tension was the key, beat him quite easily after i had everyone start with 30% tension and the ability to cut through blocks..the sense of accomplishment was strong with the boss!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What's safe to buy with mini medals? I have 80 stocked up and am nearing the end of the game (I think).

Skulldead

Oh, so the impossible DLC bosses are included in the trophies?

That really sucks.

Nop, i have all the trophies other then Puff puff master( wich start go get me on the nerve). And you don't have to fight it without
light blessing

edit 49:39 later i finaly got the platinum, it was a really amazing game. I would continued to play if the game had a lot more to offer. So Tales of Zestria i'm coming.... I'm really looking foward to DQH2 !

Skulldead

All those harder guard the root ones?
I have the all the quests finished in the game.

There
sidequest, i don't know if they are any other pre-required like all veteran boss. I beat atlas when the 2 others boss was unlocked, i tried them i got destroy the first time!

B-Dex

There
sidequest, i don't know if they are any other pre-required like all veteran boss. I beat atlas when the 2 others boss was unlocked, i tried them i got destroy the first time!

Yeah my battle record has 104 quests completed.

The only things I haven't done are Atlas and those harder root grottos that appeared.

Wilsongt

Just lost the second battle in Dawnsholm.

That shit is crazy and putting monsters near the canon doesn't help much. Not to mention you don't get a lot of golems or killing machines to block the gate.

1upsuper

If you were content with just grinding lots of levels, could you do everything in the game without going into NG+? I'd like to finish every quest but I'd rather beat up some MKSs to do so than go through the story again right now.

Quonny

Just beat it. Probably the most fun I've had with a Musou-like game, but not really my cup of tea. Solid 6/10 from me.

Honestly, I'd give the game a 7/10 if it weren't for the awful menus. Want to recharge your healstones? 15 second jingle. Turn in a quest? Menu, menu, 15 second jingle. Pick up a quest? 15 second jingle.

zzzz

But still, all that aside, still a fun little time waster.

JJD

Guys any tips on defeating Psaro?

It's the first time I've got my party wiped in the whole game. The difficulty spike is gigantic.

My party was around lvl 38/39.

Toughest level so far was
protecting the levitation statue on the way to the Goddess
. Difficulty definitely spiked up in that level.

Still having a blast with this game, though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Beat lord of darkness with level 54 terry all I have left now is the nightmare demon then grind out medals the 20 maps and accessories and I have plat

grimmiq

It's the first time I've got my party wiped in the whole game. The difficulty spike is gigantic.

I did it was a 35-37 party of Luceus, Terry, Bianca and Jessica, gave Terry and MC the accessory that bypasses blocking and killed the 2 adds ASAP, then just baited out Psaro's attacks (he charges for a second before starting his combo), dodge around behind him and get a few hits in. Gets a bit harder when he goes to phase 2, whenever he did his dark attack I'd just run away, then go back to baiting his charge attacks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Terry the most broken dude ever lol. Beat the two DLC crazy bosses with him at 54. His stardust sword is too broken. it's a tiny bit weaker than the metal slime sword but has armor down. So you dont need yangus

Finally beat the Fault area and god damn, the struggle is fucking real. At one point during the mission you have to protect Healix he had a silver of hp left and had three super monsters around him running a train on him while I was desperately whacking away at them, along with two other big monsters I summoned and had to burn four coup de graces to save him.

Apt101

Man I had a big scare, my local save was corrupted. Thank goodness for cloud saves.

I have been slacking for a few days but I get a chance later I should be wrapping this gem up. Best PS4 game for me this year (that I didn't already play on the PS3).

Tanston

So what's the real word on the platinum? Do you have to fight absurdly difficult/impossible DLC bosses or is the difficulty spike not that bad? I seem to be finding mixed reports on this. I don't want to spend a lot of time grinding out a bunch of medals and stuff and then get stuck at some impossible boss. Almost finished up my first playthrough, will I really need the extra skill points from NG+ to get the trophy or can I grab it in one play through easy enough?

crinale

Beat lord of darkness with level 54 terry all I have left now is the nightmare demon then grind out medals the 20 maps and accessories and I have plat

Terry with Stardust Sword & Bianca with +critical gear (up to 11% from an accessory) are two ways to help people who aren't into action games to beat this game.

The later with another accerory to find mini medals let her find one medal per minute or even faster.

Edit: BTW anyone in GAF has beaton Zoma without lightorb? You can brag about it if you could (I couldn't lol).

persongr

Finished the main story yesterday, after 35 hours or so:

Luceus, lv 47
Jessica, lv 46
Doric, lv 45
Maya, lv 44

Just now I managed to beat
Psaro
with both Luceus and Doric holding the Dogged Collar (ignoring block accessory).

Great game, tons of fun. DQ XI is too far away though :(

khaaan

What's the key to beating the first arena Colosseum boss things? It's the third desert level. I've made a few attempts and each one gets a bit better but it feels like quite the jump compared to stuff before so I feel like I'm missing something. The NPC says something about hanging back and waiting for an opening so I did but I didn't really see anything that would let me get in and really wail on an enemy. I tried looking online and based off of one youtube video it seems staying airborne is helpful? The video I was watching also had a lot of character switching but I don't know if I see the benefit of doing that yet.

What's the key to beating the first arena Colosseum boss things? It's the third desert level. I've made a few attempts and each one gets a bit better but it feels like quite the jump compared to stuff before so I feel like I'm missing something. The NPC says something about hanging back and waiting for an opening so I did but I didn't really see anything that would let me get in and really wail on an enemy. I tried looking online and based off of one youtube video it seems staying airborne is helpful? The video I was watching also had a lot of character switching but I don't know if I see the benefit of doing that yet.

is this the story one? with the robots? if it is just use lightning based attack on it to stun.

Skulldead

So what's the real word on the platinum? Do you have to fight absurdly difficult/impossible DLC bosses or is the difficulty spike not that bad? I seem to be finding mixed reports on this. I don't want to spend a lot of time grinding out a bunch of medals and stuff and then get stuck at some impossible boss. Almost finished up my first playthrough, will I really need the extra skill points from NG+ to get the trophy or can I grab it in one play through easy enough?

at level 99 and some key accesories you can kill everything with 5-6 tries each. They are not that hard. And farm medal trick get like 80 medal in 20 minutes. The harder platinium was the Puff Puff master sidequest, because it's long and totaly random. No need to NG +... waste of time for 50 skill point.

Guymelef

Yess.
iblLCTtESnNdk0.png

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The more I play this game the more I'm hungry for DQ XI :_

That said some of the side-quests (-> collecting ones) look like pain in the ass to complete. Why Japanese games (and specially RPGs) are filled with mundane tasks so often? Damn!

Shahed

The more I play this game the more I'm hungry for DQ XI :_

That said some of the side-quests (-> collecting ones) look like pain in the ass to complete. Why Japanese games (and specially RPGs) are filled with mundane tasks so often? Damn!

I find the kill X amount of enemies the most annoying. The quests usually come too late and the enemy you're after has been removed and you need to go back and farm them somewhere.

Finally booted this up. Any point in redeeming the Day 1 DLC? Does it overpower you?

May as well. The get outdated extremely quickly. Novelty weapons more than anything.

Mcdohl

I'm in love with Aurora.

Love her when doing the GigaSlash: "This ends right now!"

I'm so glad I chose her instead of Luceus.

I am liking this game, a lot more than Hyrule Warriors (not saying HW is bad).

Anyways,

People who have beat the game, did it take you ~25 hours?

Guymelef

I'm in love with Aurora.

Love her when doing the GigaSlash: "This ends right now!"

I'm so glad I chose her instead of Luceus.

I am liking this game, a lot more than Hyrule Warriors (not saying HW is bad).

Anyways,

People who have beat the game, did it take you ~25 hours?

Around 36 hours main story + all side quest. 43h (leveling up, etc...) for the Platinum

Kamina777

Banned

Don't beat yourself up he is a DLC boss.

I was around level 40 with my main and 3 levels below with most my others, my main and my other heaviest hitter held dogged callers and the rest had stimulating goggles to start at 30% tension.

*He is obsessed with the controlled character and will waste time running toward who ever you switch to as long as he's not already attacking

**learn his moves so you can switch when your buddies are far away and he's headed towards you then switch out and build tension by beating up on the rose guardians until you see his icon coming towards you again you then switch to someone else when you've built some distance and repeat

Rose guardians strongest attack is that teleport strike that can cut your hp in half rather easily. Always be weary of it on your controlled character, your A.I. allies dodge it on their own most of the time

**When he does his gravity move you can get a few free hits before rolling out of the way

My goal was to make sure all my people had their tension bar full as soon as possible and once they did had them hit hik with tension one by one, being careful to hit him with the coup de grace before he starts throwing his 2nd stage one hit death blows because he will kill the others who are also whomping on him before they can blast theirs off.

**Coup De grace will stun him good and he takes his time getting back into the battle so bringing all heavy hitters will make the end come sooner

I hit him with all 4 coup de grace and he died
after so many other strategies, including trying to kill the rose guardians failed me.

As soon as I had that strategy down in my head, he was as good as gone.

Top Bottom