• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

JJD

I did it was a 35-37 party of Luceus, Terry, Bianca and Jessica, gave Terry and MC the accessory that bypasses blocking and killed the 2 adds ASAP, then just baited out Psaro's attacks (he charges for a second before starting his combo), dodge around behind him and get a few hits in. Gets a bit harder when he goes to phase 2, whenever he did his dark attack I'd just run away, then go back to baiting his charge attacks.

Don't beat yourself up he is a DLC boss.

I was around level 40 with my main and 3 levels below with most my others, my main and my other heaviest hitter held dogged callers and the rest had stimulating goggles to start at 30% tension.

*He is obsessed with the controlled character and will waste time running toward who ever you switch to as long as he's not already attacking

**learn his moves so you can switch when your buddies are far away and he's headed towards you then switch out and build tension by beating up on the rose guardians until you see his icon coming towards you again you then switch to someone else when you've built some distance and repeat

Rose guardians strongest attack is that teleport strike that can cut your hp in half rather easily. Always be weary of it on your controlled character, your A.I. allies dodge it on their own most of the time

**When he does his gravity move you can get a few free hits before rolling out of the way

My goal was to make sure all my people had their tension bar full as soon as possible and once they did had them hit hik with tension one by one, being careful to hit him with the coup de grace before he starts throwing his 2nd stage one hit death blows because he will kill the others who are also whomping on him before they can blast theirs off.

**Coup De grace will stun him good and he takes his time getting back into the battle so bringing all heavy hitters will make the end come sooner

I hit him with all 4 coup de grace and he died
after so many other strategies, including trying to kill the rose guardians failed me.

As soon as I had that strategy down in my head, he was as good as gone.

Thanks for the tips guys!

This is so much fun.

CR9UEbEVEAAaiWb.jpg:orig

Alucrid

Banned
How do you do the puff puff stuff?

not sure if you're asking for strategy or what it is so i'll spoiler it in case,
i've just been going back to the room everyone hangs out in after coming back from a mission zone and talk to each person until i get the scene

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Are the cutscenes CGI or actual graphics?

crinale

There are a couple of post-game tower defense stages (grants you nothing btw) that you must have monster slots mixed, and must play srategy in mind. Those are really fun to beat.

Danneee

I've played for about three hours and I'm not really feeling this. I mean, it looks great and the combat is nice but it's just so damn repetitive. Does it get much better later on?

Kamina777

Banned
I've played for about three hours and I'm not really feeling this. I mean, it looks great and the combat is nice but it's just so damn repetitive. Does it get much better later on?
I absolutely love taking down large monsters, It comes into focus when the bigger monsters show up and you start learning strategies with monster coins on the fly for the defend missions..i say give it a couple more hours if you aren't clicking with it at all, the combat won't be enough.

Danneee

I absolutely love taking down large monsters, It comes into focus when the bigger monsters show up and you start learning strategies with monster coins on the fly for the defend missions..i say give it a couple more hours if you aren't clicking with it at all, the combat won't be enough.

So far the only strategy that I've used is getting golem coins and placing them to defend and then just running around and wrecking stuff..

1upsuper

Just beat the main story. I still have a fair amount of stuff to do, but I enjoyed this game a ton. It certainly isn't perfect, but it just oozes that delighftul DQ charm. That cutscene right before the final boss
with everyone attacking and buffing in unison was so good. Even though they didn't do any damage, seeing Kiryl and Nera Kabuff and Oomph and then Luceus and Aurora leap from Doric's staff looked great. Gave me chills honestly. And the midbattle dialogue was good too.

Really hope the sequel is eventually localized.

Teknoman

So does this mark the first time we've ever seen a mechanical method of flight in Dragon Quest (aside from that angel train)?

EDIT: Its crazy seeing Alena and Kiryl in 3D, much less so accurate to the art and voiced.

Welp I've finished the game and had a blast doing so. This game was a great first effort as a spin off series from the main series and I'm glad there's a sequel and hope this sells enough for it to come westward. Game is a solid 8/10 for me.

My biggest complaints would be that I wish there were more ariel combat options for characters not Maya, cut out some of the jingle that play in the shop menus, allow the camera to be pulled back more. Playing as the monsters would be nice!

Otherwise it was a great experience and I would recommend it to any Dragon Quest fan.

so beat the second statue defense stage then bombarded by the let's spawn 4 mawkeeper from different corners. i didn't realize it lol.. also i need to go collect some gold. need new weapons.

Kamina777

Banned
So far the only strategy that I've used is getting golem coins and placing them to defend and then just running around and wrecking stuff..
Prepare for that method to stop working much sooner than you might like , they are going to try to hit you with a deluge pretty constantly, on all sides, but you will het skills that will help and the ability to recruit more monsters at a time when Isla gives you a quest will make things a bit easier. I hope you give it a chance but I could understand not wanting to waste any more time in the hopes of it becoming better.

ys45

Finally got my game yesterday I'm already at 6h .
I have not yet reached where I was with the Japanese version but can't wait to get
ZOOM

Klossen

Banned
Am I playing Optional Quests wrong or is drop rate really low for the wanted items? I go and beat the monsters specified yet shit for drops.

Alucrid

Banned
Am I playing Optional Quests wrong or is drop rate really low for the wanted items? I go and beat the monsters specified yet shit for drops.
Really depends on the drop. If you have the right stuff it might be quicker to farm Medals and buy the items.

SunGod

JU2FM32l.jpg

Got the plat, it took 50 hours :)

I've had an eye on this thread and not seen it posted but there's an easy way to farm mini medals with Bianca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib6dEQo6CJo I'm not sure what I did differently to the person who made this video but I was getting 99 mini medals every 20-22 mins (a lot faster than they show) which made it pretty easy to pick up everything in one play through of the game (there's a cap of 99 per visit so make sure to evac and go back in)

For EXP I entered Arba Hero and zoomed to the top three locations in the map, if a metal king slime appeared I attempted to kill it using Alena + Divide and Conquer + Multifists with 3 Raging Rubies equipped (increases chance of hitting a critical) if they didn't appear in those three locations I'd evac back to Stonecloud and speak to everyone for puff-puff scenes. Pretty sure this is a lot quicker than clearing out the first area like most of the videos show.

B-Dex

All I have left is Atlas and Nokturnus. I hate this game.

I unlocked
DQ III costumes for the MCs beating Zoma though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
JU2FM32l.jpg

Got the plat, it took 50 hours :)

I've had an eye on this thread and not seen it posted but there's an easy way to farm mini medals with Bianca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib6dEQo6CJo I'm not sure what I did differently to the person who made this video but I was getting 99 mini medals every 20-22 mins (a lot faster than they show) which made it pretty easy to pick up everything in one play through of the game (there's a cap of 99 per visit so make sure to evac and go back in)

Thanks for this, just got 220 about 40 minutes.

You can get more than 99 a run its just that the counter stops on the left side but the right side still goes up

Raw64life

Just beat the game. Took me 35 hours, but I did every possible sidequest you could do before finishing the story. This was my first Musou game ever and while it's not without it's flaws it's still a great game and it more than does the DQ series justice. Looks like there's plenty of postgame stuff to do and I plan on doing quite a bit of it.

First time posting in this thread but I'm sure this question has been asked a million times... When's the best time to go NG+? Should I not spend any mini medals?

jonno394

Ive only just started the game, but unsure of the combat options of the other characters. Is it feasible to just main one of the two knights throughout the whole game?

Berordn

Ive only just started the game, but unsure of the combat options of the other characters. Is it feasible to just main one of the two knights throughout the whole game?

Youre stuck with whoever you picked to be your main character, so you could. Not as much fun I think, but nothing's stopping you.

Abylim

Just got the plat. Never went to NG+, just played post game.

Very good game. Had fun all the way to the end. The post game bosses werent anything too special, but it was nice to have to think and adjust!

Best way to grind exp I think is the Bianca in Caliburg mini medal method, at least until you have enough mini medals.

Cant wait for DQH2!

Now to decide between Disgaea 5 or Tales of Zestiria

EDIT: Also, there is no cap on mini medals per visit. It stops tallying on the screen, but your medal count still goes up. I confirmed it myself earlier, was worried about it too!

'ello duckies!

Any tips on the Trials dragon and then the boss after? I have beaten the dragon by practically spamming L1 + Tri but I had little health for the next boss. Although I didn't really use those Healstones.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
'ello duckies!

Any tips on the Trials dragon and then the boss after? I have beaten the dragon by practically spamming L1 + Tri but I had little health for the next boss. Although I didn't really use those Healstones.

Block bites then attack.

next boss let orbs come in contact with you then roll

Started this up yesterday and already put in 6 hours. Thankfully the house was quiet last night and was able to stay up till 3:00am kicking away. Been waiting so long for this.

My first impression is that I didn't like the camera's so I unlocked the camera to where it doesn't follow me around and now I'm able to position it just like how I want like a Monster Hunter game. So I can attack away but keep the camera on an enemy I'm more worried about. Love the fluidity of the gameplay and it has been a lot of fun so far. I'm already past unlocking Jessica and Yangus and now in the next city, forget its name, finding that girls fiance.

I'm trying to decide if I like mowing down a room full of enemies more or fighting bosses more, both have been equally as entertaining. I especially love throwing explosion effect spells into a large group of enemies and watching as they go flying all over the stage.

Like this moment
dragonquestheroes_thegwset.png

I almost want to turn off the damage numbers so they don't fill up the screen. Also wish I could turn off the mini-map as it takes up a good bit of the screen.

So far though, really enjoying the game. Lots of fun. Especially love the spell and attack effects. Screen just bursting with particles and great looking spell effects. Best lighting in a game I've seen I think.

Kamina777

Banned
Due to the how long it takes to do even the most trivial things in the game there is no way I'm doing a new game plus especially if there's nothing new to be soon.

It's a pretty great feeling having a full deck of heckasaurs. The monster name puns that pops up even more so.
I noticed those too, even the temporary one shot monsters get punny names!

I just started playing (about 2-3 hours in) – got any tips for me? Skills I should try to upgrade, recipes I should try to craft, characters I should level up... stuff like that?

I chose the default dude, so I reckon it's not worth having Aurora in my party since her attacks are very similar to my main character. I like having the King in the mix 'cause his attacks are strong and he's great for crowd control. Not a fan of the boomerang lady... Does she get better?

Digging the game so far. Simple, but fun.

Top Bottom