• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake removing main character genders

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
SBI isn't even involved in this title. And yes, culture war tourists. As I mentioned earlier, this is the original artwork for the Western release of DQ3 (named dragon warrior 3).
We even have people unironically posting Asmongold takes, who often says that he hates "weeb games".
QK3m1mt.jpeg
What are you even trying to prove by posting this?

HEY GUYS. If you were OK with Enix censoring NES games and replacing anime with western fantasy art back when you were 9 years old and never even heard of anime or Akira Toriyama, you have no right to complain about it now!

yogaflame

The bad thing about Japan today is they are allowing themselves to be influence by twisted gender ideology of the west even in there society. Japan has lost there sense of pride this days. They have the wrong notion that twisted dei especially twisted gender ideology is the trend of this days and will sell more, because it is impose and force to your throats in the west, while in fact even in the west, they are already getting angry and so many backlash against it. Allot of tv shoes, movies and games has flop due to twisted dei especially twisted gender ideology.

Last edited:

ap_puff

Neo Member
What are you even trying to prove by posting this?

HEY GUYS. If you were OK with Enix censoring NES games and replacing anime with western fantasy art back when you were 9 years old and never even heard of anime or Akira Toriyama, you have no right to complain about it now!
When every single thread is about REE, censorship, woke, blahblahblah. It's just as f'ing annoying as people who are constantly talking about how there aren't enough LGBTQREE. I'm just here to talk about the games, I didn't come here to read the comment section of MSNBC.

And? The original release already showed that they were willing to "change the artist's intent" to appeal to Western audiences. The difference is we didnt' have a bunch of culture war idiots come into every conversation to ruin shit, it came out and was a BANGER of a game, one of the true NES classic jrpgs. And not a peep about how we were "disrespecting the artist's vision" (lol). Ya'll tried to do this with Stellar Blade too with all that "outfit censorship" bullshit, guess what it came out and was a BANGER with lots of eye candy. Get a life and enjoy games already.
What does western localizers altering the artstyle because they were trying to appeal to western sword & magic nerds at the time have to do with lazy uninspired edits of the original Akira Toriyama designs? One instance only affects a particular market, and it wasn't even done by the actual Japanese creators. The other instance is blatant censorship that was obviously influenced by ESG/DEI modern day "global standards" BS. One instance is like changing a game's box art for American storefronts only and the other is someone dictating that everyone else has to do the same, even the Japanese in their own domestic market. How do you not see what the problem here is? Also, I've never played Dragon Warrior, only the fan translated SNES Japanese release.

StereoVsn

What I don’t get is why is SE doing this. It’s sure fire way to piss off their long term fans who are the main audience.

“Modern Audience” isn’t going to pay $60 for this generally speaking, so who are they doing it for? I will still get a physical copy because I am a big DQ fan, but might export Japanese / Asian copy if the cover art is better there. The whole thing is just annoying.

but-why-wtf.gif

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
When every single thread is about REE, censorship, woke, blahblahblah. It's just as f'ing annoying as people who are constantly talking about how there aren't enough LGBTQREE. I'm just here to talk about the games, I didn't come here to read the comment section of MSNBC.
Maybe you should’ve read the thread title before clicking on it. Feel free to use that “ignore thread” button up there if it upsets you so much.

And I still don’t know what point you were trying to make by posting some Dragon Warrior III scans

Top Bottom