• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
i really prefer the
evil priest.
He's a pain to respawn though. Don't you have to sleep like 7 times?

Spawning cursed dragons with rancid meat seems much faster. Plus you only have the one dragon and not the priest to worry about. [Edit: yeah I guess it's only after post-
Daimon
.]

Speaking of resting X days... PS360 players, is it just me, or is the "Accessing server..." loading time after resting wayyyy longer than it was on console? Seems like it takes forever sometimes, and on PS3 it was at least half as short or less.

Hey guys, is there some way to make the pawns NOT searching for objects / looting? I want to search and loot by myself :(

I can't remember if they're available in NG, but there is a guy next to the riftstone in the Encampment that sells pawn inclination elixirs for Rift Crystals. If you can buy them from him, buy the one that wipes their inclination and then 2 of the one you want as their primary, and one of the one you want as their secondary. Then don't ever press the pawn command buttons ever again.

Dire dragonkin also have a chance to dragonforge unranked items, though it's very low.

i really prefer the
evil priest.

They do, but you can't force-spawn Dires and you can kill 2 or 3 Cursed Dragons in the time it takes just to get to and kill the Lich Pope.

He's a pain to respawn though. Don't you have to sleep like 7 times?

Spawning cursed dragons with rancid meat seems much faster. Plus you only have the one dragon and not the priest to worry about. [Edit: yeah I guess it's only after post-
Daimon
.]

Speaking of resting X days... PS360 players, is it just me, or is the "Accessing server..." loading time after resting wayyyy longer than it was on console? Seems like it takes forever sometimes, and on PS3 it was at least half as short or less.

Yep, takes about 3-4 times longer then it did on consoles.

I can't remember if they're available in NG, but there is a guy next to the riftstone in the Encampment that sells pawn inclination elixirs for Rift Crystals. If you can buy them from him, buy the one that wipes their inclination and then 2 of the one you want as their primary, and one of the one you want as their secondary. Then don't ever press the pawn command buttons ever again.

Yes, I've seen that NPC. I will try that, thanks.

A bit... uncomfortable. It could be a simple option. "Don't loot by yourself."

I cant get over this dire arrow skill sounding like a gun lol

in a good way :p

Just like Arc of Deliverance, the Dire Arrow does much more damage if you loose the arrow right as your character flashes. You might've already figured that out as I think the gun sound and slo-mo trigger when you loose it that way.

Yes, I've seen that NPC. I will try that, thanks.

A bit... uncomfortable. It could be a simple option. "Don't loot by yourself."

The whole inclination stuff really needs to be redone, as it's much too easy to change into something you don't want, and much too difficult/obtuse to change it to something you do want.

It needs to be a menu and a checklist to tell pawns how to behave with certain enemies, not a sit-down with vague questions/answers.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Maaan I've been doing BBI all day, it's so fucking awesome. I love that this game becomes a dungeon crawl in the endgame (although Everfall kind of sucks, BBI is awesome). It's kind of weird but I don't mind, the open world is tedious anyway, especially before post-game.

Currently got maxed out assassin, warrior and fighter vocations, thinking of switching to magick archer, is that fun/good?

I really wish pawns could have all the vocations as well. I wanna put my dragonforged gear on my pawn but I'd have to make her Strider instead of Ranger, idk about that...

Gbraga

Most likely being abused :(
KNrc1S3.jpg

NOOOO

Stop
COmHQB2.png

I forgot how there are living armours fucking everywhere in post-daimon right before the end, bar none the worst enemies to fight as melee class, much worse than metal golems; like 1000000x worse.

My biggest gripe with this game is the lack of horses and fast travel to other areas. I have a port crystal, but I'm scared I'll use it in the wrong place haha

Ryne

Oh you want to see my pawn? cool
Had you on my friends list before and bookmarked your pawn a while ago for later ;)

If we're not already friends on Steam add me. I'm only in the mid twenties. I can run your pawn around for a bit and get you some RC. http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/

And a big thank you to those of you who have taken my pawn out for a spin as I am now up 56K RC (especially Reizo... 30K just from him, lol).

I am having a lot of fun playing this, the combat is so satisfying.

Added you, and thanks. My pawn is a lower level than you still.

I ran around and got some more levels today as well. I'm playing it way too slow this time.

Lux R7

I forgot how there are living armours fucking everywhere in post-daimon right before the end, bar none the worst enemies to fight as melee class, much worse than metal golems; like 1000000x worse.

yeah, you have to perfect parry every attack, or they will fuck you with those one handed saving grace.

Seyavesh

imo metal golems are worse though because you 100% have to be a bow class as pawns are totally useless vs them unlike mystic knights

like my warrior pawn with boltbringer/lightning greatsword still does significant damage to them regardless of their form

though the ng+/++ bbi enemy groups with them are pretty gruesome, haha

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't know about that. At least a melee class Arisen can also equip a magic-enchanted weapons and handle them by themselves if their pawns are not cooperating. If you are a magic class facing a Metal Golem and your pawns are not helping, you're SOL.

imo metal golems are worse though because you 100% have to be a bow class as pawns are totally useless vs them unlike mystic knights

like my warrior pawn with boltbringer/lightning greatsword still does significant damage to them regardless of their form

though the ng+/++ bbi enemy groups with them are pretty gruesome, haha

I don't know about that. At least a melee class Arisen can also equip a magic-enchanted weapons and handle them by themselves if their pawns are not cooperating. If you are a magic class facing a Metal Golem and your pawns are not helping, you're SOL.

Nah I can kill metal golems just fine solo as warrior, you just have to use the golem as a leapfrog, the entire fight isn't hard, just needs some patience.
Living armours however with their bs reach, their bs stagger, their bs stone jungle are just the worst for a warrior, that 7 at once fight with fiend luring incense took me an hour.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nah I can kill metal golems just fine solo as warrior, you just have to use the golem as a leapfrog, the entire fight isn't hard, just needs some patience.
When I was fighting them at around level 40 on Hard Mode, their punching attack would OHKO me, their fire beam attack would nearly OHKO me, and every hit I did manage to land on that stupid medal in the tree by jumping on the golem barely scratched it and I would often miss because having the golem stand right under it (and not running out of stamina -- again hard mode with its stamina penalty -- as I clung to it) wasn't a guarantee. So I'd have to repeat that over and over again and risk dying in one hit the whole time.

Yeah, I dropped a crystal at the back entrance, warped out and came back as a ranger, how did you guess? :p

Seyavesh

Living armours however with their bs reach, their bs stagger, their bs stone jungle are just the worst for a warrior, that 7 at once fight with fiend luring incense took me an hour.
haha, i mostly play fighter for melee class so in that fight i just dragons mawed my way out of trouble. same with the bbi+ fallen city (or was it ++? can't remember)
honestly that's basically my entire endgame strategy when i'm just like 'fuck this shit im done'
spinnin' and winnin'

fighters really don't have a shot against metal golems because of that, though- their jump attack doesn't have the same float+ massive vertical hitbox as warriors

Lmao I just killed this living armour by knocking it off the edge with deliverance....with my pawn still holding on to it....
Well it's her own fault for aggro'ing it ;P.

jonjonaug

I just run past everything in the last stratum of BBI's 2nd loop unless I want to kill the Thunderwyverns. You can fight nearly everything in there under better conditions elsewhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not feeling Ranger at all, no matter how cool the gun sound is :(

the augment to have a bigger light from the lantern is great at least

ABK

Banned
Hot damn, that did the trick! Moved GeDoSaTo to my Documents folder and got it downsampling + injecting SMAA. Appreciate the help!

You're very welcome. I'm curious though, has it increased your loading times at all? Prior to using GeDo the longest loading time I ever saw was around 5 seconds or so using an ssd where as now they range from 20 to 30 seconds.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
but magic archer dose less damage overall the other 2 bow casters do double the damage

why do I care how much dmg it does if im not having fun?

anyway, do these sorceror augments work for magick archers aswell?

Conservation 7 6000 Reduces the Stamina consumed when you perform a magick weapon skill by 15%.
Acuity 9 9000 Increases Magick by 20%.
Articulacy 9 9000 Reduces all spell casting times by 15%.

but magic archer dose less damage overall the other 2 bow casters do double the damage

Maybe it's not all about what causes more damage,perhaps he finds the magic archer to be more fun? who knows!, I love how Dragons dogma has all these characters and vocations, even for someone like me who likes beat me ups, they included the bloody knuckle Wearing it boosts the wearer's power when fighting barehanded.
Only bad part is that pawns wont attack if you disarm them, but what they will do is hold enemies for you for some some double dragon fun.

vakarian32

Almost maxed Strider, just gotta earn a bit more points to unlock the final augments before changing vocation. I want to play Assassin next, but would I be better off going to Fighter or Warrior first to unlock some of their useful augments first? Was thinking Sinew from Fighter would be good to get first, then the Warrior augments Ferocity, Proficiency and Clout would be good for Assassin.

Sarcasm

You're very welcome. I'm curious though, has it increased your loading times at all? Prior to using GeDo the longest loading time I ever saw was around 5 seconds or so using an ssd where as now they range from 20 to 30 seconds.

Trick is to use an external method of locking the games fps to 58. Makes the load times better.

Ullus

Feel like my pawns been hired less since i changed it to a man.
Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

Also reminder to self to not try out new spells in the camp.

gxhnw4h.gif

Conservation 7 6000 Reduces the Stamina consumed when you perform a magick weapon skill by 15%.

Yes they all work, it's a magick bow after all.

yes these augments work,
I use to equip these I think
Attunement
Articulacy
Acuity
Conservation
Emphasis

gxhnw4h.gif

LMAO! it's like the last pebble had a mind of it's own.

Zomba13

gxhnw4h.gif

Did you give it one of the horrible, demonic, pitched down "deep" voices that makes him sound like one of those people interviewed on TV who needs their identity masked?

Because I've kinda stopped hiring men because people keep using one of those voices and it's distracting as hell.

Maybe it's not all about what causes more damage,perhaps he finds the magic archer to be more fun? who knows!, I love how Dragons dogma has all these characters and vocations, even for someone like me who likes beat me ups, they included the bloody knuckle Wearing it boosts the wearer's power when fighting barehanded.
Only bad part is that pawns wont attack if you disarm them, but what they will do is hold enemies for you for some some double dragon fun.

I wonder what's up with that Hand-to-hand class from the MMO? haven't seen anything about it other than that little snippet in one of the old trailers.

A Gauntlet+Boots wielding vocation akin to using Beowulf from DMC3, would be near the top of my "Do want" list for DD2.

So the sight of women doesn't excite you, then.

dude put some quotes on that ....lol

I wonder what's up with that Hand-to-hand class from the MMO? haven't seen anything about it other than that little snippet in one of the old trailers.

A Gauntlet+Boots wielding vocation akin to using Beowulf from DMC3, would be near the top of my "Do want" list for DD2.
Oh my gawd, and you know it's the same team from DMC , so they could totally do it.

Moaradin

thinking about swapping from assassin to warrior. I like using swords but all the cool stuff for assassin are for daggers. really wish there was a sword equivalent for dodge roll and double jump lol

swinging around big swords seems fun

Top Bottom