• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I could have sworn you needed to beat the chimera in the intro and you met the dragon after...? But now I died in 2 hits to the chimera and was taken to character creation. Hmm...

Lux R7

I could have sworn you needed to beat the chimera in the intro and you met the dragon after...? But now I died in 2 hits to the chimera and was taken to character creation. Hmm...

no there is no need to beat the chimera and there is no need to hit grigori on the beach (you can walk away)

Vuze

The waiting game is on :(

RgoKWoj.png
Watch out; unless valve fixed this glitch, your progress will reset if the app gets updated and you pause and resume afterwards. So if possible try to leave it running until it's finished or consider getting the game files from another source, place them appropriately and then verify them in steam. I sincerely feel your pain, I've been on a similarly bad connection just until a few weeks ago.

TheMan

Quick question- does this version fix the problem with the same mobs popping up in the same places all the time?

Posted in the other thread, but I see others posting here. Taking a break for a bit.

Tried way too hard, but both were hard to recreate so I just went with the closest I could do, though I really couldn't find a way to do Triss justice with the limited hairstyles and faces. Her outfit still needs work as I need to find her a leather shirt/chest piece, but at least the hood is just what I needed.I at least got her freckles though.

So yeah, Geralt of Rivia and Triss Merigold from the Witcher series.

Quick question- does this version fix the problem with the same mobs popping up in the same places all the time?

No, nothing of that sort was done to the game. It's the console version of DA with better technical specs and very minor tweaks around the edges in regards to stuff like taking out microtransactions

I've been getting a ton of friend requests from people just walking into my pawn, I'm wondering how many on gaf have seen her yet (just walking around).

Stiler

So is there a way to save the game right before you make a character so you can remake your character and then actually see how it looks in game, then just reload the save to re-make it again?

Getting tired of making a character that looks "good" to me in the character creation screen only to get into the game and it looks really really off and weird (even though I'm choosing skinny body/lanky build in game I keep having "muscle head" looks that make my character look like a huge muscular guy...really baffling me).

UnrealEck

Does anyone know of a program that lets you toggle a key on or off like a switch? I hate that there's no option in the game to let you toggle the key to switch your abilities. Having to hold Alt or Ctrl down is cumbersome.

Firehead

So it seems like the Greenman Gaming discount code expired. Anyone else know the best place to get a steam key right now?

Dk2eHXD.png
Are you using this one? NWYEAR-20PERC-WTHGMG It doesn't expire until the 18th. Just tried it on DDDA and it applied. Should try again!

AcAnchoa

This is the first game I've bought since august, so I hope it's worth it. So far looks promising, but the low audio level is a bit annoying. I also have to play at 30 fps but I can live with that, at least they are constant.

The major issue I've suffered is a constant auto-pause that begins to happen from time to time and forces me to close the game. I believe it's related to alt-tabbing, so I guess I'll have to try and avoid doing that.

Grabbing people and throwing them around is absurdly funny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dk2eHXD.png
Are you using this one? NWYEAR-20PERC-WTHGMG It doesn't expire until the 18th. Just tried it on DDDA and it applied. Should try again!

he probably means the 25% for pre orders 25PERC-2016GM-WTHGMG

...which to be fair, is for pre orders

Ascheroth

So is there a way to save the game right before you make a character so you can remake your character and then actually see how it looks in game, then just reload the save to re-make it again?

Getting tired of making a character that looks "good" to me in the character creation screen only to get into the game and it looks really really off and weird (even though I'm choosing skinny body/lanky build in game I keep having "muscle head" looks that make my character look like a huge muscular guy...really baffling me).

No, but there is already a mod that let's you bring up the character editor whenever you want.

UnrealEck

Could use a toggle option for abilities when using a keyboard :)

I just said that too. I bet a lot more want that as an option.
I've been looking for a program to let me turn Alt and Ctrl into a switch like Caps Lock but all I've gotten is sticky keys crap.

Buburibon

Reposting from last page:

Using a 970 and trying to down sample using DSR if that matters.

Edit: Also adding that it resets when I exit the game and re open it.

I'm having a similar issue. The game only launches at 1080p, and crashes to the taskbar whenever I try and change the resolution to my native 2160p display resolution. 1440p, 1620p, etc., don't work either. Are you also on Win 10?

c0Zm1c

Uh oh! It's one of those games where the character editor is a game in itself. I'm going to be in that for quite a while!

David___

Banned
I'm having a similar issue. The game only launches at 1080p, and crashes to the taskbar whenever I try and change the resolution to my native 2160p display resolution. 1440p, 1620p, etc., don't work either. Are you also on Win 10?
Windows 10 with the November update, yea

Landford

Banned
Posted in the other thread, but I see others posting here. Taking a break for a bit.

Tried way too hard, but both were hard to recreate so I just went with the closest I could do, though I really couldn't find a way to do Triss justice with the limited hairstyles and faces. Her outfit still needs work as I need to find her a leather shirt/chest piece, but at least the hood is just what I needed.I at least got her freckles though.

So yeah, Geralt of Rivia and Triss Merigold from the Witcher series.

Was using your pawn for an hour or two, lol

Top Bottom