• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Gattsu25

Banned
Here are my characters. Player character is in the back and my pawn (Xias) is in the foreground:
24335077912_48513b8ed5_h.jpg

Edit: Dre_G_Writer, keep em coming. Those GIFs are awesome.

Sophia

I believe you can shoot a regular arrow while still using the same bow button that has skills also by hitting F. You could map this to something on your mouse maybe?

Well I'll be damned, that does work. Given that that button is normally grab, it's probably emulating the behaviour of the gamepad. Still not ideal, but much better.... also you just gave me an idea for skill bindings~

Shadownet

Banned
So far I've done Fighter > Assassin

Nothing has really changed as I always intended on some Warrior levels since you get tons of HP, and now Attack as well.

I might do some Sorcerer to get some Magic Attack, but the ultimate goal is Mystic Knight.

Mystic Knight looks fun. I might give that a try. So far the impression seem to be that Health and Attack or MagicAttack is the most important stats (depend if you are a physical or magical damage dealer). You can always booster Stamina and Defenses with armors, accessories and abilities.

Disappointed that the final boss is still broken...

If your pawn's inclination is more support/defense based, they won't grab him or attack him if you grab him, which makes the scripted finisher needed to end the fight impossible to initiate. Totally broken.

Been having a lot of fun with my assassin, game is very fast paced when using its dagger skills for melee. Has anyone tried using my mage pawn Lirael? I've made an effort to keep upping her skills, augments, and equipment to keep her useful, but was wondering if I need to make any tweaks to make her as good as possible.

gunbo13

I skipped the console version way back when due to the frame rate. Now playing this silky smooth on my 970 and that's quite acceptable. I turned off FXAA, dat blur, and put on driver 8x. Hope that is wise. 4K with DSR was too much but oh well.

Few things
  1. Thank the heavens for the FOV adjustment. Was this in the console version? I felt smacked into the screen before adjusting to about +6.
  2. I'm an action game vet & nut. Combat right now is very chaotic but I'm trying to adjust. Is there a button to toggle an improved display to tell enemy from foe? It seems like chaos right now.
  3. So no hard lock on?
  4. Have to turn off as much as possible with the UI. At default it was a complete mess and I couldn't see a thing.
Only put a little over an hour but seems pretty fun. So far the combat isn't a selling point for me but has potential. The confusing battles is my biggest pain point right now so hopefully I have ways to adjust.
Before this gets lost, would be awesome if somebody with experience chimes in on these questions. They aren't the easiest items to search for.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Disappointed that the final boss is still broken...

If your pawn's inclination is more support/defense based, they won't grab him or attack him if you grab him, which makes the scripted finisher needed to end the fight impossible to initiate. Totally broken.

...what? o_O

Dr.Acula

Banned
It's crazy how much a solid FPS helps this game. When I played on PS3 I distinctly remember trying to like this game more than actually liking it, and having it on PC it feels totally different.

Hard mode changes the game completely, I have to avoid so many one-hitters it's not funny. It only sucks when you're dealing with some mob and there's some unkillable one-hitter ducking in and out amongst them -I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SHIELD GUY ON THE BANDIT ROAD!

My biggest gripe is that it's impossible to aim any throw. Sometimes I get it, other times it's like I'm Bill Murray throwing out the opening pitch.

I wish the pawn stuff was fixed for online, I'd like to have my gifts going out to people proper -has Capcom said anything about that yet?

Kyoufu

What level should I head to the Dark Arisen stuff? Having just started, I keep getting notifications for it.

You can head to BBI whenever you want. It'll be very challenging early on so you may want to just do the main game before heading there. Up to you!

It was the same on consoles. The only real workaround is to
throw your pawn behind him perfectly and pray they choose to grab him instead of retreating, or to throw them in front of him and pray they attack.

Of course, they run away from you as you try to throw them too. You'd think Capcom would've fixed this, as it was a pretty common problem.

I skipped the console version way back when due to the frame rate. Now playing this silky smooth on my 970 and that's quite acceptable. I turned off FXAA, dat blur, and put on driver 8x. Hope that is wise. 4K with DSR was too much but oh well.

Few things
  1. Thank the heavens for the FOV adjustment. Was this in the console version? I felt smacked into the screen before adjusting to about +6.
  2. I'm an action game vet & nut. Combat right now is very chaotic but I'm trying to adjust. Is there a button to toggle an improved display to tell enemy from foe? It seems like chaos right now.
  3. So no hard lock on?
  4. Have to turn off as much as possible with the UI. At default it was a complete mess and I couldn't see a thing.
Only put a little over an hour but seems pretty fun. So far the combat isn't a selling point for me but has potential. The confusing battles is my biggest pain point right now so hopefully I have ways to adjust.
1. no
2. no
3. no

Grief.exe

Now people are going to have to come up with two separate ENB settings?

Added fix for long loading screens to enblocal.ini, high precision rendering to decrease color banding artifacts at cost of performance, changed ambient occlusion code, added time of the day separation, parameters for sky and sun. Users with stuttering need to set fps limiter a bit lower than average frame rate, because game threads don't have enough time spinning on same cpu core.

http://enbdev.com/mod_dragonsdogma_v0296.htm

Vuze

Now people are going to have to come up with two separate ENB settings?
No, it's just addititonal settings for the respective time of day (so you could make nights pitchblack and days super bright as a simple example). So far it seemed like the one ToD setting you had affected everything, now you can individually setup sunrise, sunset, day, night and interior lights for the latter two. Just like in Skyrim.

---

So, from the Wikia I take it that port crystals can only be found in four locations, which sucks. I want to place one in every bigger settlement. Did somebody manage to cheat them into their inventory? I just tried to nail down the inventory addresses in Cheat Engine but failed. No idea, I doubt the game is relocating them constantly, huh?

I'm curious what the current consensus is (if there is one) on graphic improvements? I'm currently using GeDoSaTo, but some of these ENB/Reshade presets look really nice. Is there any way to get them to play nicely together?

Also, is there a known fix for the camera stutter when rotating? I'm a bit at a loss as to what could be causing it, as it happens no matter what I change (i.e. no external tools, low settings, etc.).

It was the same on consoles. The only real workaround is to
throw your pawn behind him perfectly and pray they choose to grab him instead of retreating, or to throw them in front of him and pray they attack.

Of course, they run away from you as you try to throw them too. You'd think Capcom would've fixed this, as it was a pretty common problem.
I've literally never heard of this, and I have a completely support based Mage pawn that cleared the game three times on PS3.

Livanh

Does anybody have a problem playing with a Ps4 Controller ? I just get numbers from 1-12 or so as symbols. Confuses me alot! Is there a fix? I thought Ps4 Controller was supposed to work?

It also just shows me wireless controller in the options. Is that normal? Im connected via usb cable.

Grief.exe

Does anybody have a problem playing with a Ps4 Controller ? I just get numbers from 1-12 or so as symbols. Confuses me alot! Is there a fix? I thought Ps4 Controller was supposed to work?

It also just shows me wireless controller in the options. Is that normal? Im connected via usb cable.

DS4 Windows

Technically not needed though

Q) What controllers are supported natively? Will my gamepad work?
A) Dragon’s Dogma supports both XInput and DirectInput-based controllers. This means popular gamepads such as the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Steam Controller, and PlayStation DualShock 4 controllers will work right out of the box. No XInput remapper app required.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
friend of mine says the eternal ferrystone isnt in the stash for him, anyone knows whats up with that? hes still early on but still

Dragon's Dogma has been incredible thus far. 14 hours in so far, just got to the
Duke in the castle
but I haven't accepted it yet because Point of No Return™.

edit: how far is that in game?

Rhaknar

He needs to get to Gran Soren, I bet he's at the first encampment.
You can only pick it up in Gran Soren.

thats what I just told him (I was assuming) so glad to have confirmation.

Another thing. MAgic Archer, after a great first impression, the next few skills ive been getting (bow skills) have been quite underwhelming. Ricochet arrow seems shit (although I havent used in closed quarters like it says to, I havent had a chance), from the description this arrow to pull weak enemies together also doesnt sound like something I want.

Did Magick Archer start the show with the showstopper (aka that arrow that splits into a bunch of them, I love that shit)?

Steel

Banned

Another thing. MAgic Archer, after a great first impression, the next few skills ive been getting (bow skills) have been quite underwhelming. Ricochet arrow seems shit (although I havent used in closed quarters like it says to, I havent had a chance), from the description this arrow to pull weak enemies together also doesnt sound like something I want.

Did Magick Archer start the show with the showstopper (aka that arrow that splits into a bunch of them, I love that shit)?

No class starts the show with the showstopper. Normally the first few skills are mid-tier, good enough to keep in rotation the whole time, but not the most ridiculously awesome skill in their arsenal.

Soodanim

DId the first Everfall trip, then realised I failed a missable quest (I'm not even new to DD, but it has been a while) so I restarted my save. Started as Mage to try and hurry things along, but I'm already bored of it. Might start again and use the OP rings to help me catch up.

I miss high level DD where I have all of the skills available to me, specifically Roll and Instant Reset,

Zafir

Okay, I fucking hate how this game just fails quests on you left right and centre, and because of how the shitty as save system is. You can't do anything about it. :|

I can't continue lost and found because I did the everfall thing before doing it. (There was a big group of bandits in the way which put me off).

DId the first Everfall trip, then realised I failed a missable quest (I'm not even new to DD, but it has been a while) so I restarted my save. Started as Mage to try and hurry things along, but I'm already bored of it. Might start again and use the OP rings to help me catch up.

I miss high level DD where I have all of the skills available to me, specifically Roll and Instant Reset,

Guess I'm not the only one this happened too.

The fucking annoying thing for me is, this is the second time I've had to start over. And frankly, I'm losing the will at this stage.

Teknoman

looks like I need to start using those explosive barrels more often.

giphy.gif

Welp, that's enough gifs for one day.

Barrels are really helpful when playing hard mode. I've thrown more barrels in the first few hours of the PC version than ever before.

Are you just recording as you go / always in the background?

Ricochet is what you use in BBI since that place is 80% enclosed spaces and most of the enemies there are weak to it; it's not so useful in the main game really, other than in the catacombs.

Sixfold Bolt is the most useful for the main game, it and -- the name escapes me -- the one that shoots flaming bolts into things that then explode when hit, were always equipped when I used Magick Archer.

Dineren

Banned
I just changed my class to mystic knight and was going through my armor to equip him and noticed I have a set of Voldoan armor(I assume this was part of the dlc?). Will I regret using this? The stats seem much higher than anything else I have at the moment.

CaLe

Why are people here recommending gedosato ? Genuinely interested. Is it just for SMAA ?

Can I use it in conjunction with ENB ?

Soodanim

Okay, I fucking hate how this game just fails quests on you left right and centre, and because of how the shitty as save system is. You can't do anything about it. :|

I can't continue lost and found because I did the everfall thing before doing it. (There was a big group of bandits in the way which put me off).

Guess I'm not the only one this happened too.

The fucking annoying thing for me is, this is the second time I've had to start over. And frankly, I'm losing the will at this stage.

Yep, I'm losing the will too. I might do something else this evening and return to it tomorrow.

Unrelated, but I also miss being able to move at the speed of a weight class lower than you have. Moving quickly is always one of the most valuable things to me, especially in an open world game. No time for not moving as fast as possible.

Top Bottom