• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

ParityBit

Seems like you can move them too, but they are indefinite.

Gedosato is a must right now.

Inject SMAA, debanding, and HUD removal.

ENB is still in the early days of optimization, but it's there.

Waiting on preset by Zexen

What does the DDDA\GeDoSaTo.ini look like? Is there one out there to copy the stuff I need to add?

I will deal with ENB after.

So, I completely forgot where to find the NPC that you train with for new skills and spend your discipline.

I'm still kind of in the beginning of the game, just got the quest to go to Witchwood but the one Knight Bandit is kicking my ass so hard I can't get through.

Yep, I'm losing the will too. I might do something else this evening and return to it tomorrow.

Unrelated, but I also miss being able to move at the speed of a weight class lower than you have. Moving quickly is always one of the most valuable things to me, especially in an open world game. No time for not moving as fast as possible.
maxresdefault.jpg

Gotta go fast am I right?

LowerLevel

Here are my characters. Player character is in the back and my pawn (Xias) is in the foreground:
24335077912_48513b8ed5_h.jpg

Edit: Dre_G_Writer, keep em coming. Those GIFs are awesome.

Damn that's dope! Love the creator on this game. At this point I can only hope this game goes BC on XOne real soon as I cannot afford a new game at this time...

Grief.exe

What does the DDDA\GeDoSaTo.ini look like? Is there one out there to copy the stuff I need to add?

I will deal with ENB after.

I actually just put a guide in the OP to follow.

So, I completely forgot where to find the NPC that you train with for new skills and spend your discipline.

I'm still kind of in the beginning of the game, just got the quest to go to Witchwood but the one Knight Bandit is kicking my ass so hard I can't get through.

Inn keeper at the encampment, right next to the pawn stone.

There is one npc in the encampment that lets you learn skills for your current vocation, but doesn't let you switch them.

The other two npcs are in Gran Soren Inn or Bitterblack Isle.

i buy this with the intention to start playing tomorrow night. can i easily make a melee character that has a bunch of magic to support him? i tend to get bored fast using pure casters but i like using melee with some magic buffs and range attacks to make him more versatile.

Steel

Banned
Is there a list anywhere for quests which are "miss-able"?

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sidequests

It's really not a big deal if you fail a few quests, though.

i buy this with the intention to start playing tomorrow night. can i easily make a melee character that has a bunch of magic to support him? i tend to get bored fast using pure casters but i like using melee with some magic buffs and range attacks to make him more versatile.

Magic Knight or magic archer are the advanced classes for you. You can't start the game with them, but you can switch to them within the first couple hours of play

ezekial45

Banned

You'll have to start with the basic classes (Fighter, Mage, and Strider), but fairly quickly you'll get access to the advanced and hybrid classes. Mystic Knight is probably what you're looking for. They're basically War Mages.

Maxim726X

My shit is fucked up.

It looks like part of the screen in cut off, and my mouse isn't in the right place. What is going on, and how do I stop it?

Magic Knight or magic archer are the advanced classes for you. You can't start the game with them, but you can switch to them within the first couple hours of play

You'll have to start with the basic classes (Fighter, Mage, and Strider), but fairly quickly you'll get access to the advanced and hybrid classes. Mystic Knight is probably what you're looking for. They're basically War Mages.

ok sounds awesome thanks. gonna buy and download it now.

MikeyB

Yep, I'm losing the will too. I might do something else this evening and return to it tomorrow.

Don't sweat it and get it on new game plus. If you rush through the main quest and finish the Everfall quickly, you'll still be an okay level to find BBI challenging and you can come back to quests you missed at your leisure.

Wait, I did everything in this list:

GEDOSATO

• http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
  • Select Edit Settings - Configure SMAA, DOF, and/or Downsampling from here
  • From Edit Settings, select profile, choose DDA
  • Add enablePostprocessing true and addProcessingPass deband.fx lines to the DDA profile
  • Select Edit Keybinds - Configure toggle hud, take hudless screenshot, toggle settings, etc

I just want the debanding thing, nothing else. So do I just execute the game and it should work? The Gedosato exe needs to be opened? Should I deactivate the VSR downsampling from AMD?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What is the most fun melee class?
The one you find the most fun after trying them all.

Now that I've played the game, I understand what they are referring to. Since they don't have a second weapon, like a shield with fighter/assassin, they only have 3 skills to use.
Sorcerers and mages have only 1 weapon and they have 6 skills. :p

It is currently bugged and doesn't work for anyone.
So the online system is busted, right?

Rift Coins, ratings, quest/enemy/area knowledge, items, and feedback that your Pawn should be coming back to you with are not actually being tracked.
Yeah this is really bad. There hasn't even been any word of a patch coming for that??

Come on Capcom, what are you doing? Maybe I should send a message to wbacon about it or something...

It was the same on consoles. The only real workaround is to
throw your pawn behind him perfectly and pray they choose to grab him instead of retreating, or to throw them in front of him and pray they attack.

Of course, they run away from you as you try to throw them too. You'd think Capcom would've fixed this, as it was a pretty common problem.
What on Earth are you talking about? What boss is that? I beat the game twice on PS3 and have no idea what you are referring to...

MikeyB

Magic Archer makes for some awesome melee skills.
latest

Grief.exe

Wait, I did everything in this list:

I just want the debanding thing, nothing else. So do I just execute the game and it should work? The Gedosato exe needs to be opened?

Follow this portion

Add enablePostprocessing true and addProcessingPass deband.fx lines to the DDA profile

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH SHIT

Ricochet is AMAZING in tunnels and shit lol, holy crap :D

giphy.gif

My first death this playthrough, and thats how I die..............................

dQwVqHWm.png

That's alright though, I got something for they're punk ass next time though, chump.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
OH SHIT

Ricochet is AMAZING in tunnels and shit lol, holy crap :D
It's amazing in
BBI
. Especially against
Garms and Elder Ogres

giphy.gif

My first death this playthrough, and thats how I die..............................

dQwVqHWm.png

That's alright though, I got something for they're punk ass next time though, chump.
Dude that is an amazing death, especially for a first death. I'm jealous. This is like a Dark Souls kind of gif hahaha

ezekial45

Banned
Speaking of dying, did they make it harder to get Wakestones in Dark Arisen? I played vanilla DD and recall having a pretty decent amount of them during my initial playthrough, and jumping in console DA was a total breeze, as I had a number of them already.

This is my first time playing a fresh character in DA, and I haven't found a single one yet after more than 20 hours.

Zafir

Well, the Lost and Found one seems pretty important because it opens up a second area, along with a follow up quest. :/

I guess on the plus side I've managed to get doing all the start quests down to a fine art. -.-

Hypron

I kinda feel like playing this game but at the same time I don't know if I have the will to play another 100 hours long game, I already played too many long games over the past year haha.

BadWolf

I kinda feel like playing this game but at the same time I don't know if I have the will to play another 100 hours long game, I already played too many long games over the past year haha.

It's not nearly that long unless you have to do each and every quest you come across.

Ascheroth

I figured I'd also share my thoughts on the game so far (where 'far' isn't the right word at all considering I just got to Gran Soren a while ago).

I fucking love this game.
I'm playing with minimap and enemy-health display off and I'm having a ton of fun. Also, I don't know if this is because not knowing the health of enemies makes me automatically play more cautious, but I didn't have much problem with the bandits on the way to the Witchwood, was probably around level 10 there.

The ogre in the Everfall was fun. First thing I did was trying to climb on its back and what did it do? Let itself fall back and squashed me. Then I somehow ended up climbing its arm and its response was hitting a wall with it, with me still on it. Good times.
Then it grabbed my Arisen and raaaaaaaan far away. Then it ran back to my pawns. I went after it and just as I reached my team again, I saw it falling down to its death. Amazing.

I don't know what to do with this game. Everything just feels like a lot of running and fighting wolves. Played for 6 hours and level 12, rank 5 strider. Checked the quests at the alehouse and every single one was a gathering/ delivery quest. Went to go find some magic book, ran for 5+ minutes, and then was killed in one hit (750 to 0) as soon as I found the bandits.

Speaking of dying, did they make it harder to get Wakestones in Dark Arisen? I played vanilla DD and recall having a pretty decent amount of them during my initial playthrough, and jumping in console DA was a total breeze, as I had a number of them already.

This is my first time playing a fresh character in DA, and I haven't found a single one yet after more than 20 hours.

Ive found some, but one was in a shop, and the other two were givin to me as part of a quest........that was about it.

But yo, for yall with the sword and shield weapon, yall gotta try PERFECT DEFENCE.

Shits nice.

giphy.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't know what to do with this game. Everything just feels like a lot of running and fighting wolves. Played for 6 hours and level 12, rank 5 strider. Checked the quests at the alehouse and every single one was a gathering/ delivery quest. Went to go find some magic book, ran for 5+ minutes, and then was killed in one hit (750 to 0) as soon as I found the bandits.
The notice board quests can just be ignored. Pick them up when you see them but they'll get cleared naturally eventually. It sucks that they are in the same list as actual quests, though. I hate that shit. But yeah don't worry about it, it's just XP bonuses essentially.

As for the OHKO, you must be playing on hard right?

The class variety is really nice. The warrior gifs are something my Arisen will never achieve, but I've done some bow and climbing feats that seem beyond brute force. It's glorious.

Huh. I had the reverse--a lone bandit charged into me screaming "YOU'RE GOING TO DIEEEE" and he was then oneshot by my prime pawn.

It was bizarre.

deoee

After 2 hours I feel like I'm very bad at the game :D

For example the bandits outside the NW first major town rip me apart
LLShC.gif

And the bandits at the womens quest who went missing while looking for herbs for me kill me in half a minute :(

I chose the Strider cause I read you can climb on monsters and hit weakpoints later on :)

Soodanim

Don't sweat it and get it on new game plus. If you rush through the main quest and finish the Everfall quickly, you'll still be an okay level to find BBI challenging and you can come back to quests you missed at your leisure.

I considered that, but I remembered doing NG+ on PS3 and it not being entertaining enough to bother continuing. That said, on PS3 I'd played the hell out of BBI before I went to NG+. Either way, I want to do a run without missing any quests this time. I've never seen the
princess in a tower
quest, that's a whole area I missed out on.

The notice board quests can just be ignored. Pick them up when you see them but they'll get cleared naturally eventually. It sucks that they are in the same list as actual quests, though. I hate that shit. But yeah don't worry about it, it's just XP bonuses essentially.

As for the OHKO, you must be playing on hard right?

I am playing on normal.

The game has now also tricked Steam into permanently thinking I'm playing it, even when Steam isn't running. So my impressions are not very positive right now.

Little confused by the quest system. It seems the blue swirly is pointing me in the direction of my home town, where I picked up a couple quests to investigate a well and pick flowers for some woman. Should I do those first before continuing on to meet whoever? This is after the hydra sequence.

Follow this portion

Add enablePostprocessing true and addProcessingPass deband.fx lines to the DDA profile

I did, apparently now it is working, the banding is still there but is far less noticeable with gedosato activated. Is that how you guys are seeing it?

Should I use Gedosato downsampling or stick to AMD VSR?

Okay, I fucking hate how this game just fails quests on you left right and centre, and because of how the shitty as save system is. You can't do anything about it. :|
The fucking annoying thing for me is, this is the second time I've had to start over. And frankly, I'm losing the will at this stage.

Don't start over imo, it's not that important. Just play the game and enjoy. I missed that one my first time around on the 360.

Do we have access to everyone's Pawns from the Dragons Dogma NeoGAF group?
Or it's necessary to be in the friends list?

Friends list. The group is just an easy pool to add friends from.

And a reminder that you need to rest at an inn to upload your main pawn.
Little confused by the quest system. It seems the blue swirly is pointing me in the direction of my home town, where I picked up a couple quests to investigate a well and pick flowers for some woman. Should I do those first before continuing on to meet whoever? This is after the hydra sequence.

Make sure you have the proper quest selected as primary. There's a point of no return for some quests--check it out here (spoilers).

Lux R7

if i recall correctly, the blue one is just suggesting you the way to go on Bitter Black Island. The red one is the real active quest marker.

nded

The blue marker is where the Bitterblack Isle expansions starts. If you want to get it off your map, just sleep in the Cassardis Inn until nightfall then head out to the dock.

Ogawa-san

Man, these random crashes when zoning in/out are really not helping with my saving paranoia... I'm almost making a save macro in DS4Windows at this point.

Top Bottom