• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

golem

I didn't really want to double dip at $30 but since GMG has a 20% off coupon and the combat is so fun I had to do it.

60 fps and quick loading times make this game extra amazing!

Lux R7

I did this, and he ate me lol.

I'm still pretty early in the game.

How do you get separate profiles?

Another querstion: I went into the realm where you can get friends Pawn's, it said I could only have 2? I thought you could have 3 making a party of 4?

it's a party of 4 with you. Arisen - Main Pawn - Pawn - Pawn.

Cleve

Takes three days to calibrate, so not trustworthy until it updates tomorrow.

As Bernardo said before I expect at least >130k

Seems pretty great for a 3 year old game that's been free on other platform's sub programs, but who knows what Capcom's expectations are. Hopefully word of mouth gives it strong legs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok, so forgive me for still being in a "normal" rpg mindset, but I have to ask:

after I did the pawn guild quest, a guard showed up and told me...something, I cant remember, it was last night. I think it was giving me access to wyrm hunt quests, which I now tracked the npc for and see a list.

my question is, is this the "main story" quest? I only have board quests atm, and I keep waiting to get at least 1 story quest to carry me forward. Like I said, its my "normal rpg" mindset

I hope this does well enough on PC that Capcom will put it out for PS4/X1 this summer and then announce a sequel at TGS.

It would be nice if they would do that. I don't own either current console, but I fucking hate exclusives. Not too mention the extra sales could help them to go ahead and pull the trigger. :)

silva1991

This is my face when I cast maelstrom

1376911408-oreimo.gif

it's so good and tasty.

emag

I'm trying to stay away from magic-based characters right now, as I spent most of my time on the 360 as Mage->Sorcerer->Mystic Knight/Magick Archer. Assassin is fun, but I miss spamming Grand Cannon and perfect blocking with Reflect/Riposte as well as being able to enchant all party weapons at once with X Enchanter/Trance.

Oh, ok. Cool that they added it later then.

It's a bit weird how you start out with all these promo/mid-game items in the Steam/Dark Arisen version. Half the pawns I came across, even at the start of the game, wear the queen's attire.

after I did the pawn guild quest, a guard showed up and told me...something, I cant remember, it was last night. I think it was giving me access to wyrm hunt quests, which I now tracked the npc for and see a list.

my question is, is this the "main story" quest? I only have board quests atm, and I keep waiting to get at least 1 story quest to carry me forward. Like I said, its my "normal rpg" mindset

Yes

Astra

Quick question for anyone using an ENB.

I'm currently using Resonant ENB from the Nexus, and have noticed my load times have increased exponentially. Is this normal? I've never experienced increased load times like this with ENB in other games.

Also, the game crashes sometimes after a cutscene ends. All I am using is enb, and the .dll to block dinput so I can use my PS4 controller without getting the messed up controls and button prompts.

I know some overlays such as Steam, MSI or fraps have been known to cause crashes with enb, but just want to see if anyone else experienced the same crashes and know the cause.

^Yea I doing those wyrm hunt quests will advance you in the main story.

My pawn gains vocation ranks faster than I do. Anyone might have an Idea why?

Edit: My pawn also gains more discipline points.

ENB + http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4/? I imagine. Super easy to install, I haven't noticed any banding since.

I'm currently using Resonant ENB from the Nexus, and have noticed my load times have increased exponentially. Is this normal? I've never experienced increased load times like this with ENB in other games.

Are you using the newest version that went out today? It fixes the loading issue. It's about 5 second loads for me now.

Grief.exe

The struggle is real with Rhaknar lol

That's normal, he's looking into the issue and last we heard he found a solution, just hasn't implemented it.

Grief.exe

you have no idea. I honestly think I actually have some sort of OCD, no joke

Every single post I've seen lately is how lost you are lol.

We are roughly the same point as well, I can't really help you because I haven't really had any issues. I'm just doing the quests that I deem as 'important' and I am continually advancing the story.

There wasn't a quest in my log for the Wyrm Quest though, but the guy who gave out the last Pawn quest told you exactly where to go and who to talk to.

Steel

Banned

You can accept all the quests. The NPC in question will quite obviously tell you when you're going to cross a line that will make other quests fail, so don't worry about that.

Astra

Are you using the newest version that went out today? It fixes the loading issue. It's about 5 second loads for me now.

That's normal, he's looking into the issue and last we heard he found a solution, just hasn't implemented it.

Thanks a lot, guys. Not using the newest version if it went out today, so I'll grab it now.

Glad to hear it improves the loadtimes, because the enb just looks too good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat moment where you find out the Encampment also has a quest board, and youve been killing those mobs it asks for

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Kade

Anyone know how to fix the contrast or whatever on the shadows being messed up? Game looks like a jpeg for me in some areas.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Durante implemented muti-pass shading into GeDoSaTo, so Deband should be accessible whenever it updates through adding the following to your DDDA config file

enablePostprocessing true
addProcessingPass deband.fx

Anyone know how to fix the contrast or whatever on the shadows being messed up? Game looks like a jpeg for me in some areas.

Deband shader.

MUnited83

For you.
There wasn't a quest in my log for the Wyrm Quest though, but the guy who gave out the last Pawn quest told you exactly where to go and who to talk to.
Yeah, there's no quest or pointer to the castle, but that guy clearly says where it is + all your pawns will say "WE MUST GO TO THE CASTLE" when you enter the capital anyways :p

Gbraga

Durante implemented muti-pass shading into GeDoSaTo, so Deband should be accessible whenever it updates through adding the following to your DDDA config file

Deband shader.

What is the performance hit?

Grief.exe

Still need to add deband 1 to the post.fx file?

Durante

Did he rest at a inn yet?
Yes, multiple times. Still no show.

The update should be online already.

Still need to add deband 1 to the post.fx file?
There should not be a deband entry in your post.fx file after updating. (So the answer is no)

What is the performance hit?
Hits me for about 5 FPS out of 80 at 1440p. Not cheap, but the banding is very distracting IMHO. Note that there are multiple quality/performance related settings in deband.fx.

Steel

Banned
Question about some of the DLC gear I got in Cassardis: Both the Wavering Cloth and The Lion's Spine make it clear in their description that they belongeg to an ancient arisen in their descriptions, which is to be expected, the arisen being somewhat cyclical, possibly involving the same dragon branding people as arisen, but the Jester's Cap has this description:

"The pointy cap that jester Feste placed upon the head of the Arisen. It fits any size head, and adds a touch of mirth to most any occasion."

It just says "the Arisen", which I assume would be used to refer to me. Is this an event that is yet to come and was added as permanent armor because people requested it, or am I missing something here? Or is there a "primordial Arisen", that is called as "the Arisen", and this is not talking about me?

It could be referring to the same ancient Arisen from the other items, I suppose, but it doesn't really match as part of the same set.

I didn't even notice there were short item descriptions similar to Souls when I played it on consoles. Also didn't climb any building in Cassardis. I don't know if that's an effect of having played Dark Souls and now coming back to Dragon's Dogma, or if it's just a result of disabling the map, so I rely on thorough exploration to memorize the areas, but I'm loving it.

It'll probably take me way too long to beat the game, but it's fine by me. As long as I can finish it at least once before Dark Souls III.

It's talking about you with the jester cap. You never actually got the item in the original game, it was just on you during a cutscene and added as a DLC item.

Dimmle

Locking out questlines due to your choices is one thing, but I don't think it'd have hurt to have even an optional indication of when certain timed quests will expire. The cutoff point for Lost and Found is completely arbitrary, for example.

For all the useless pawn chatter in the game, there are points when your pawn will actually have an interesting bit of lore prepared for a location... which your second and third pawns start to recite a half-second later. I love these no-free-will-having dopes.

Majukun

on one hand i'm curious about trying gedosato on this game..on the other i fear to screw things up since i only managed to make it work on one guy until now..and never adventured trying making custom profiles or things like that

Durante

I love the pawn chatter, some of the combinations are hilarious.
pawn 1: Take care, you're soaked in water!
pawn 2: 'Tis a troubling foe.

I don't see your pawn either.
Heh, I can see yours. but not my friend's who can see mine.
It's certainly not bijective!

Cleve

Ugh, first time using ENB and preset did some really gross things to my contrast and the bloom & dof are beyond excessive. I guess I'll have to spend more time tweaking it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So I bought the game and started as a mage cause I always thought the magic spells in the game look rad. But....I kinda hate it? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong but in every battle I'm just hanging back, doing not really much except for casting spells. It's....kinda weird cause...I KNOW that's what mages do, it just feels super boring and detatched to me here for some reason.
Hang back, cast fire spell, cast fire spell again, run away when an enemy comes etc.
Am I doing something wrong or a mages just not for me?

Cleve

So I bought the game and started as a mage cause I always thought the magic spells in the game look rad. But....I kinda hate it? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong but in every battle I'm just hanging back, doing not really much except for casting spells. It's....kinda weird cause...I KNOW that's what mages do, it just feels super boring and detatched to me here for some reason.
Hang back, cast fire spell, cast fire spell again, run away when an enemy comes etc.

Sounds like mages aren't for you. That's kinda what casters do in most games. You'll get some cooler spells eventually, but it's still the same general idea. Cast times in DD for the powerful spells are long so you'll always be trying to find a space and place to get it off.

Fortunately changing "class" isn't super demanding in this game. Try a melee class, see if you enjoy it.

Uh that's what mages do. What else are you expecting exactly? Not trying to sound like a smartass just confused on what you expected the class to do/be.

Switch to a melee vocation if you want to be more involved in the fights.

Rhaknar

oh the portcrystals stay there forever? you are essencially creating a new "hearthstone" location?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Uh that's what mages do. What else are you expecting exactly? Not trying to sound like a smartass just confused on what you expected the class to do/be.

Switch to a melee vocation if you want to be more involved in the fights.

I don't know, that's why I said that in my post. I guess I'm just not feeling the mages in this game, usually I enjoy playing a ranged class but it feels unusually boring to me here. Good thing I'm not even an hour or so in. There is no way to switch class, right?

Top Bottom