• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Ill Saint

Just head through the main story lines, hit the main plot and eventually you'll hit a bunch of 'Wyrm Hunt' quests by a chap named Johnny Maximillian*. One of his quests will take you there. Finish 'em all.

As a general tip -- don't give a single fig over the 'kill x number of whatever' quests. Accept them as you find them but don't necessarily go out of your way for them. You'll be fine.

*Beware of the eventual 'accept Duke's invitation' quest. Do that last, But the game makes that whole quest-loss thing massively apparent anyway.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up for me. It was driving me nuts.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've had the game hard lock 2 times in a row. Now, I have to wonder if my 360 is about to die.

Oops, "...my 4th 360 is about to die."

Question again. If I accept the Dukes invitation quests will be cut off from me!? So what if I don't accept it? Will his quest fail and trigger a new branching paths of quests....?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Question again. If I accept the Dukes invitation quests will be cut off from me!? So what if I don't accept it? Will his quest fail and trigger a new branching paths of quests....?

The only quests that will be cut off are the Wyrm Hunt quests. If you've done all of those already (which you should have, honestly, there's only like three of them), then there's nothing to worry about.

And if you don't accept the Duke's invitation...nothing happens. You can't move the story forward without accepting.

The only quests that will be cut off are the Wyrm Hunt quests. If you've done all of those already (which you should have, honestly, there's only like three of them), then there's nothing to worry about.

And if you don't accept the Duke's invitation...nothing happens. You can't move the story forward without accepting.

Not true, I insta-failed 2 or 3 quests when I accepted the duke's invitation, and they weren't the wyrm line... i did all 4 (5?) of those.

Edit to clarify: I failed 2 or 3, but I had about 10. So you don't lose *all* your sidequests, just certain ones. If I remembered they were investigation based.

I've had the game for a little under a week, but I haven't had a chance to actually play it until tonight. I feel so outpaced by everyone in the OT, lol

I really like it, though! Spent an hour in the character creator, and another one just messing around town. I'll probably mess around a bit more before I start over from scratch; I made a scrawny little MC, but I don't know how viable kids are at the higher levels, so I think I should switch.

I also asked this before but no one ever answered. If my pawn has Suasion will the benefits work on my Arisen? And if we both have Suasion will it even double the money we get from sales?

I'm thinking about just branching off and grinding Sorcerer just to learn the augment. Switch the non-combat augments out when I'm in a village, town, etc. etc. and then go to merchants. However...... I don't want to waste permanent stat growth in crucial areas because I'm making a balanced Pawn and complete Min/Max DPS Arisen.

So I don't want to go that road, just to see if "Double Suasion" on Pawn and Arisen will reap crazy benefits.

Has anyone tested this?

Lucent

I've had the game for a little under a week, but I haven't had a chance to actually play it until tonight. I feel so outpaced by everyone in the OT, lol

I really like it, though! Spent an hour in the character creator, and another one just messing around town. I'll probably mess around a bit more before I start over from scratch; I made a scrawny little MC, but I don't know how viable kids are at the higher levels, so I think I should switch.

There is something you can buy with rift crystals later to completely change the look of you and your pawn. But there are actually a few places you can squeeze into if you're small. But I've only seen that at like one place so far.

The only real disadvantage of being very light weight is getting easily blown by wind gusts by some enemies and you can't carry as much stuff. But you use less stamina and regain it faster.

I also asked this before but no one ever answered. If my pawn has Suasion will the benefits work on my Arisen? And if we both have Suasion will it even double the money we get from sales?

I'm thinking about just branching off and grinding Sorcerer just to learn the augment. Switch the non-combat augments out when I'm in a village, town, etc. etc. and then go to merchants. However...... I don't want to waste permanent stat growth in crucial areas because I'm making a balanced Pawn and complete Min/Max DPS Arisen.

So I don't want to go that road, just to see if "Double Suasion" on Pawn and Arisen will reap crazy benefits.

Has anyone tested this?

Yeah. I gave Suasion to my pawn. Works for anything you sell.

I don't think age/height/whatever has any effect on anything. And you can switch your class whenever you want. You can even switch your haircut/color/facial hair/etc. So if you like your dude stick with him/her.

Astra

I don't think age/height/whatever has any effect on anything. And you can switch your class whenever you want. You can even switch your haircut/color/facial hair/etc. So if you like your dude stick with him/her.

A small Arisen is able to fit through small spaces, opening up access to closed of areas of the world. An Arisen with high weight is able to carry a lot more before becoming overencumbered. However, being so weighty causes your stamina to drain much faster, and regenerate much slower. So a light individual has much more efficient stamina usage, and recovers it very quickly.

Also how can anyone hate the Title song?

"Simple as 1, 2, threeeeeeee"

Flying, Fly-iiiiiing, Fly-iiiing...Flyyyy-iiiing....Flyi(warble, warble, wah, wah pedals...awesome)

nataku

This Nameless Terror quest is irritating. I killed 4 of them, but ended up falling off a cliff and died because I wasn't paying attention. I hit respawn from checkpoint since that was my last save. Now only one of the group of mobs spawns. The rest aren't working when I go to where they should be and fought them last.

Anyone else have trouble getting these mobs to spawn?

Dizzle24

Enjoying the shit out of this game, but damn do I really suck. Feels a bit overwhelming at times, but slowly I am wrapping my brain around how things work. Also, fuck ogres.

A small Arisen is able to fit through small spaces, opening up access to closed of areas of the world. An Arisen with high weight is able to carry a lot more before becoming overencumbered. However, being so weighty causes your stamina to drain much faster, and regenerate much slower. So a light individual has much more efficient stamina usage, and recovers it very quickly.

Good to know!

Mine is small, or so i thought, but I got to a few holes that said "someone small could fit in here" but I couldn't. So I guess i'm medium.

I made her in my wife's image. I'm not gonna tell my wife that she is medium.

Astra

Good to know!

Mine is small, or so i thought, but I got to a few holes that said "someone small could fit in here" but I couldn't. So I guess i'm medium.

I made her in my wife's image. I'm not gonna tell my wife that she is medium.

haha, possibly a good idea.
Seems everyone in Gransys is so damn small, though. My Arisen is only average height, but still a head above everyone else. So I guess he's not so average in Gransys.

Damn Pawns are trying to kill me. "Oh look, the Arisen is standing next to those explosive barrels. Think I'll give em a whack with my blade."
Thanks, Freya. Lunchtoast (I believe she's yours), you ought to teach her better!

There is something you can buy with rift crystals later to completely change the look of you and your pawn. But there are actually a few places you can squeeze into if you're small. But I've only seen that at like one place so far.

The only real disadvantage of being very light weight is getting easily blown by wind gusts by some enemies and you can't carry as much stuff. But you use less stamina and regain it faster.

That's good to know. I'll stick with the character and see how far I can take him.

This Nameless Terror quest is irritating. I killed 4 of them, but ended up falling off a cliff and died because I wasn't paying attention. I hit respawn from checkpoint since that was my last save. Now only one of the group of mobs spawns. The rest aren't working when I go to where they should be and fought them last.

Anyone else have trouble getting these mobs to spawn?

i know it has to be night after 8 or they won't show up, it may have saved when the quest updated, when it stops saying ambush and starts saying something like fight your attackers, go to your village..and see if a wakestone works on the last target!!

nataku

i know it has to be night after 8 or they won't show up, it may have saved when the quest updated, when it stops saying ambush and starts saying something like fight your attackers, go to your village..and see if a wakestone works on the last target!!

I thought it might have saved somehow, but when I go to Cassardis to see if the last guy spawned nothing is there. The only one that spawned again after I reloaded was the rogue, which is the one that spawns between the waycastle and encampment.

I must have bugged my game somehow. I've been resting at inns until night and trying each spawn point for a couple hours now and nothing is working.

I thought it might have saved somehow, but when I go to Cassardis to see if the last guy spawned nothing is there. The only one that spawned again after I reloaded was the rogue, which is the one that spawns between the waycastle and encampment.

I must have bugged my game somehow. I've been resting at inns until night and trying each spawn point for a couple hours now and nothing is working.

wait, which mobs have you beaten?

nataku

wait, which mobs have you beaten?

I killed the ones by the Quarry, the bridge, the Darkness guy on the hill near the cottage and the rogue between the waycastle and the encampment.

Then I fell off a cliff and died, so I was forced to reload to a time before I killed any of them. A checkpoint save at the inn in Gran Soren. I assumed my progress was lost, but the only one that respawned was the rogue.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There's something about this game that makes me want to play it again and again. I guess the 'growth' thing is pretty rewarding and adequately stimulates the RPG enjoyment centre in my brain.

Also killed my first ArchHydra, damn, hacking away at its heads felt good.

I killed the ones by the Quarry, the bridge, the Darkness guy on the hill near the cottage and the rogue between the waycastle and the encampment.

Then I fell off a cliff and died, so I was forced to reload to a time before I killed any of them. A checkpoint save at the inn in Gran Soren. I assumed my progress was lost, but the only one that respawned was the rogue.
what does the quest say after you kill rouge? (there should be two rouges)

Yeah, I got both.

It just says the same thing as always. Nothing has changed. "You sense unseen enemies as you walk the streets. Keep your wits about you."

sucks broski, i had a similar issue, try hitting all the spots from the quarry to the village as soon as it hits 8, i did that and ghost spawned further than they were supposed to..hope you get it to work,worst case, save it for the next NG+

I'll ask again: I'm doing the Mettle Against Metal quest. One of the shards is in a tree and nothing I or my pawns do hurt it. Is my game glitched? Am I missing something?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.

I've been to those locations multiple times and have yet to get any of the groups to pop. I'm convinced there is either another mission stopping this one from moving forward or my game is bugged.

I'll ask again: I'm doing the Mettle Against Metal quest. One of the shards is in a tree and nothing I or my pawns do hurt it. Is my game glitched? Am I missing something?

never heard of the quest, did you try to search gf? you may not be the only one experiencing this

never heard of the quest, did you try to search gf? you may not be the only one experiencing this

Yeah, nothing on the internets. I'm afraid I'm glitched. It's a quest in the Witchwood after you do Witch Hunt. In the south eastern part of the wood you have a unique fight (small spoiler): the metal golem's shards are placed not on his body but around the area. One is in a tree and I can't damage it for shit :(

The shards can't be hurt by magic damage as far as I can tell, which sucked because I was the only archer in the party, but of the magick variety. I had to jump off the back of the golem to hack at it in mid-air like a hundred times. Needless to say, it was not fun. At all.
Edit: Just read your new post. The golem I had to do this with was not the Witchwood one. The shards for that one spawned in reachable areas. Try reloading?

branny

Without spoiling anything, can anyone tell me if the game ever explains what the hell the Brine is about? It seems weird how such a massively world-changing entity is just kind of accepted and ignored. Especially since you live in a goddamn fisherman village.
It's never explicitly explained, but I think the game eventually gives you enough info to speculate about it, actually.

Switched back to the Ranger class and did it. I had a Ranger pawn but they were doing no damage to it before. Bit of a hassle but whatevs.

ironcreed

Banned
What a bastard the Ur-Dragon is, but he fell.

546399_365175110212929_1611680409_n.jpg

After which, I decided to go on ahead to NG+ so I could walk around like a god with all my stats and gear. Little did I know that I would literally
get to become like god.
Here I thought I actually beat it last night and was just enjoying the post game before moving on ahead to NG+. Pretty damn weird stuff as well. Prepare to laugh your ass off if you are a playing a male with a female Pawn. But it is still amazing how they handled all this. Just wow.

*EDIT* Pics removed.

Astra

Holy shit! Hardest battle I had yet. In the post game, in the
Chamber of Fate
I fought
a Lich, a Chimera, a Gore Chimera, and an infinite supply of Hellhounds (until the Lich was killed)
all at the same time. That was a great battle!

that stupid ambush quest failed on me when i decided to go for the ending. how many times can you get ambushed? i clearned so many ambushes already.

anyway, for the ending:
i went for the "save the waifu" ending. ended up with the princess. not a bad choice. her escape quest was kinda cute and one my favorites thus far.

the whole ending battle was masterfully executed, kudos to the team at capcom. everything was better than expected.

i could have done without those 3 quest cancellations :)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Holy shit! Hardest battle I had yet. In the post game, in the
Chamber of Fate
I fought
a Lich, a Chimera, a Gore Chimera, and an infinite supply of Hellhounds (until the Lich was killed)
all at the same time. That was a great battle!
Yeah that's the hardest one easily. The first thing I do is to kill that Chimera, the go after the Wight, then the Gore Chimera.

ironcreed

Banned
that stupid ambush quest failed on me when i decided to go for the ending. how many times can you get ambushed? i clearned so many ambushes already.

anyway, for the ending:
i went for the "save the waifu" ending. ended up with the princess. not a bad choice. her escape quest was kinda cute and one my favorites thus far.

the whole ending battle was masterfully executed, kudos to the team at capcom. everything was better than expected.

Have you finished Everfall in post-game?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

anyway, for the ending:

Its not over yet lol.

Top Bottom