• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Anteater

wow people's pawns really keep their gears uptodate, they're almost always 2-3 stars

I don't even have items to upgrade mine to 3 stars most of the time

edgefusion

What is there to do post-game? There doesn't seem to be that much in the Everfall, unless I'm missing something? Should I keep levelling (at 50 now) and try for the Ur-Dragon or just go into NG+?

1stStrike

Banned
wow people's pawns really keep their gears uptodate, they're almost always 2-3 stars

I don't even have items to upgrade mine to 3 stars most of the time

It's not hard. The game literally throws resources at you. The Materials section of my storage is overflowing with items.

Alucrid

Banned
What is there to do post-game? There doesn't seem to be that much in the Everfall, unless I'm missing something? Should I keep levelling (at 50 now) and try for the Ur-Dragon or just go into NG+?

do the dragz a little bit then head on into ng+ although there's too much to do there either

It's not hard. The game literally throws resources at you. The Materials section of my storage is overflowing with items.

I sold everything I had and got like 24 mill gold and I stopped really hunting for items mid-way through the game.

ironcreed

Banned

New quests in Cassardis, the Encampment and in Gran Soren on notice boards. Plus roaming the whole darkened world with all of the new and much more powerful foes, lots of new gear to use, plus all of the hellacious battles and oodles of loot in the Everfall chambers.

edgefusion

New quests in Cassardis, the Encampment and in Gran Soren on notice boards. Plus roaming the whole darkened world with all of the new and much more powerful foes, lots of new gear to use, plus all of the hellacious battles and oodles of loot in the Everfall chambers.

I've done those extra quests and the darkened world frightens me :( Does NG+ also contain more difficult enemies like grimgoblins etc.? If not I'll stick in post-game a while longer.

yurunweird6gjj8.gif
:lol what is that from?

ironcreed

Banned
I've done those extra quests and the darkened world frightens me :( Does NG+ also contain more difficult enemies like grimgoblins etc.? If not I'll stick in post-game a while longer.

I am still in post-game myself and plan to stay there awhile.
The atmosphere and increased challenge completely gives the game a different feel. According to the guide, the harder enemies are everywhere. Wyverns flying around, hellhounds, undead popping up all over the place, Gore Chimera's, etc. Add in all the new gear to find and make use of and it is worth exploring all over again.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, I hate to ask this, but does anyone feel like hooking me up with a forgery of Ophis' badge? I'm tired of wasting my time trying to do the quest. I'm on PS3, PSN is SeraphisCain, pawn's name is Lynessa. I'd greatly appreciate it.

edgefusion

I am still in post-game myself and plan to stay there awhile.
The atmosphere and increased challenge completely gives the game a different feel. According to the guide, the harder enemies are everywhere. Wyverns flying around, hellhounds, undead popping up all over the palce, Gore Chimera's, etc. Add in all the new gear to find and make use of and it is worth exploring all over again.

Okay thanks for the info, I think I'll stick in the post-game for a while longer then. Just switched to Mystic Knight from having gone Strider > Magick Archer > Assassin and I'm really missing that double-jump, haha.

mxgt

Banned
Bought this today and so far have spent an hour and a half and just left the first town. I fear I'm going to spending a lot of time with this game.
and i'm okay with that

Arcteryx

Damn, I wish there was a way to view the character settings for other pawns, because I found this AMAZING Bruce Willis pawn on PSN. Seriously looks EXACTLY like him.

creid

So I just finished the game up for realz, and after all the hype the ending did not satisfy me much. Really glad I didn't rush to see it. I even got
Selene
in my ending, which arguably makes it the best of the best.

joe2187

Banned
Saw a naked little girl pawn wandering the everfall, with absolutley no attacks, augments or abilities....So I threw her into the abyss.

So I just finished the game up for realz, and after all the hype the ending did not satisfy me much. Really glad I didn't rush to see it. I even got
Selene
in my ending, which arguably makes it the best of the best.

What was your ending? who was the final boss?

Saw a naked little girl pawn wandering the everfall, with absolutley no attacks, augments or abilities....So I threw her into the abyss.

I did the same thing to Pip. He was crying about his parents and blaming me even though I saved their house for like 80k like a couple weeks earlier. That kid annoyed me way too much. I wish I could do the same to Craxton and a couple other NPCs.

Do you want to spoil yourself, or are you making sure I'm talking about the right ending?

He is just making sure you beat the game. You can find out in the quest log / adventure log in the options too. Look to see the number next to how many times the game has been completed.

Alternatively, did your credits contain a story book fashion or just still images? To beat the game you will see the story book credits. There are two sets, one is a fake out.

creid

He is just making sure you beat the game. You can find out in the quest log too.
Yes, I really beat the game.
Beat the dragon a few days ago. I stabbed the seneschal, then got bored and ended it all. Looked up on youtube and Serene says a bit more at the end than any other character.

It kinda's been driving me nuts that people call post-dragon the "post-game", because beating the dragon is hardly an ending. There's barely any credits.

as i thought i might, i'm enjoying dragon's dogma more than i did dark souls, which, while fun, just felt a lot of the time like an inferior, & overly-familiar, extension of demon's souls (still my #1 :) ). this game just feels fresh in a way dark souls never really did for me - maybe a case of 'too much of a good thing'?...

what in the what in the what.

Well, opinions, cool. I don't think this holds a candlelight to Dark Souls, but whatever. To DD's benefit I am enjoying this a lot more right now. Once you get more invested and more proficient the land becomes more fun to explore...and you're treated to some truly epic battles (the
griffon
battle was amazing).

Yes, I really beat the game.
Beat the dragon a few days ago. I stabbed the seneschal, then got bored and ended it all. Looked up on youtube and Serene says a bit more at the end than any other character.

It kinda's been driving me nuts that people call post-dragon the "post-game", because beating the dragon is hardly an ending. There's barely any credits.

its only because the game can technically end at the dragon, i liked the ending personally, it tied everything together nicely, but i liked the story too sooo.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
One more vocation rank and strider will be finished. Then i'll mop up either fighter or warrior and be do done for my augment hunting for the most part. Then i'll just be tweaking assassin and playing around with other classes when I feel the need to play with magic...probably new game+

Instant reset was fun to play around with ... cutting winds - instant reset just before you swing - repeat. Cover crazy ground so fast. So strong already for a strider. Just cuttin stuff.

I am another person in the crowd that is having serious trouble getting the ambush missions to kick off.
I've been allll over the area outside Gran soren and north of the bridge and all over the main road towards the south.... I hear my pawns say things like "They got the drop on us" and no one shows up ... but no monologue starts, so named characters appear. I just want to move forward with this mission because all the others i have are from either the duke's buddy or a mission board and is a collection quest.

My copy finally arrived and have put in about six or seven hours so far. I've gotta say, it took me a while to warm up to the game but I'm really loving it now.

My quest list was so full so early on and I just chose the wrong ones to try and ended up dying a LOT. Felt super weak for the first two hours or so, but when I found the quest in the Pawn Guild my opinion pulled a 180. I guess the enemies in that one were more at my level while still being challenging, plus it was cool to go into a real dungeon-type setting.

Now I've got a mad grip of cash, enhanced armour and weapons, nearly maxed out my Strider vocation and I feel like a total badass. Excellent game!

what in the what in the what.

Well, opinions, cool. I don't think this holds a candlelight to Dark Souls, but whatever. To DD's benefit I am enjoying this a lot more right now. Once you get more invested and more proficient the land becomes more fun to explore...and you're treated to some truly epic battles (the
griffon
battle was amazing).

Yeah, it's really fun but I wouldn't put it in the same league with Dark Souls (not many games are). Dark Souls was a challenge from start to finish (a fair challenge). Dragon's Dogma suffers from the issue Amalur had in that you basically become an unstoppable god mid-way through the campaign. I'm hoping NG+ provides a lot more difficulty (of the fair variety).

Am I playing Assassin wrong or is he just not as fun as Strider? Strider had way more mobility options, honestly I think I'll just get some augments from Assassin and roll back to Strider.

Is there a list of augments and at what level they become avaiable?

Also in terms of stat build, do the "higher" Vocations have better stat boosts? I consider Figther a more usefull vocation than Warrior but wouldn't want to gimp my Pawn statwise.

Anyone else's Human Resources achievement/trophy fail to register when you changed vocations? It worked for my main pawn, but no matter how many times I change my own I get nothing.

yeah the girl in the video is shannon from lost -who is quite mature for the most parts - its like the director told her to act like a spastic version of a teenage girl - which makes it quite odd to watch whenever she's on screen. and hence why I don't rate taken as highly as I should.

OT but back to DD.

um, I fucking hate everfalls - can't seem to get back to the room with the ice dragon in the area (no urdragon). I want to dragon forge my items. Can anyone find me a map? Gamefaqs says 11oclock but I never get it despite trying numerous times. weird.

You have to be wearing the items for it to be dragon forged yes?

Arcteryx

In
post game
, just had an EPIC fight against
2 of those two-headed things, a wight, a ton of hellhounds.
Battle ends and I'm collecting loot from chests...hahahha nope
a ton of succuby show up and then a god damn dragon appears out of no where an starts one-shotting my pawns
holeeeeeeeeeeshit that was fun

Pumpkins

My NG+ run has been pretty interesting. I went and met characters I hadn't met in my first playthrough such as Selene.

Also, something really weird happened on the last quest in Mercedes' questline.
I interrupted the battle with the masked guy this time around and took him out. Afterwards I walked over to him and a button popped up that said I could aid him. So I used a wakestone and revived him! He said he would turn himself in to the authorities. I head back to Gran Soren, go down to the dungeon, and he's in one of the cells. I talk to him and he gives me his shield (for Mystic Knights). Pretty cool.

ironcreed

Banned
My NG+ run has been pretty interesting. I went and met characters I hadn't met in my first playthrough such as Selene.

I interrupted the battle with the masked guy this time around and took him out. Afterwards I walked over to him and a button popped up that said I could aid him. So I used a wakestone and revived him! He said he would turn himself in to the authorities. I head back to Gran Soren, go down to the dungeon, and he's in one of the cells. I talk to him and he gives me his shield (for Mystic Knights). Pretty cool.

Well I'll be damned. So easy to miss stuff in this game, which is a good thing for later play-throughs. Hoping for some meaty DLC with new regions and crazy new creatures as well. It's a big world as is, but that map has far too much extra clouded out space for Capcom to just leave.

The random "you failed that quest because you did that other quest instead, and you cannot go back because there are no save slots" is annoying.

Specially because I tried to do the optional one, got killed, and did the story one in order to get enought levels to be able to do the optional one.

I did the same thing to the salvation dude who runs into that group of exploding zombies..never even considered another use.. what about ZERO??!!

Digital Foundry Analysis

Surprising, considering what the IGN review said. I guess installing makes a huge difference on the 360.

Strange, but my installed data on PS3 is 4.5 Gb instead of 8.9.

I don't understand also, that what's the sense of this paragraph in the faceoff:

Away from graphical concerns, there is another factor to consider. Both versions of Dragon's Dogma come complete with a code granting early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo. While the 360 sampler goes live in just a little over a month, the PS3 version won't be available until the end of September, a mere month before the final game's release. On that basis the 360 game gets the final nod - early access to one of this year's biggest games is just too good a deal to pass up.

Okay, I hate to ask this, but does anyone feel like hooking me up with a forgery of Ophis' badge? I'm tired of wasting my time trying to do the quest. I'm on PS3, PSN is SeraphisCain, pawn's name is Lynessa. I'd greatly appreciate it.

i cleared their hideout, so i'm not sure if i can finish that one. but if i do, i'll send you the forgery later.

edgefusion

Just had the most epic battle of attrition with the Archydra. After about 3 pips of health are gone I realise 2 of my pawns are missing, I've no idea what happened to them or how long they were gone for but they got removed from battle somehow. I ended up doing the rest of the fight just chipping away its health bit by bit while a summoned pawn (Jane) heals me and does stuff all else. Took about 30 - 45 minutes in total, hahaha.

Top Bottom