• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Dresden

so I bought the Art of Metamorphosis, noticed it in the title menu, and now... did I use it? I'm in the character edit phase; if I exit out, will I be able to come back to it?

Slayven

I am still early in the game but are there any other monsters that go apeshit depending on your character's sex? My female character got a giant so worked up he commited sucide.

In
post game
, just had an EPIC fight against
2 of those two-headed things, a wight, a ton of hellhounds.
Battle ends and I'm collecting loot from chests...hahahha nope
a ton of succuby show up and then a god damn dragon appears out of no where an starts one-shotting my pawns
holeeeeeeeeeeshit that was fun

Holy shit! Hardest battle I had yet. In the post game, in the
Chamber of Fate
I fought
a Lich, a Chimera, a Gore Chimera, and an infinite supply of Hellhounds (until the Lich was killed)
all at the same time. That was a great battle!

I couldn't survive that room. Tried fighting it about 12+ times and that is the most difficult room in the game to me. Probably not the right mix of pawns but the hellhounds are the biggest reason why that fight is hard. they constantly respawn. And btw that and the chimeras pounding on you and the deadly miasma clouds. Hard.

I wish the bloody sorcercer would just get in the room and cast a fucking meteor spell right away but no.... :/

So New Game+...are there any new features unlocked besides
the item that allows for infinite character edits, portcrystals at the black cat, and the riftstone in Cassardis
?

Any new enemies or equipment? Any areas unlocked in the
Everfall
? If not, what's with those rooms?

After which, I decided to go on ahead to NG+ so I could walk around like a god with all my stats and gear. Little did I know that I would literally get to become like god. Here I thought I actually beat it last night and was just enjoying the post game before moving on ahead to NG+. Pretty damn weird stuff as well. Prepare to laugh your ass off if you are a playing a male with a female Pawn. But it is still amazing how they handled all this. Just wow.

What do you mean? I didn't notice anything particularly funny.

branny

so I bought the Art of Metamorphosis, noticed it in the title menu, and now... did I use it? I'm in the character edit phase; if I exit out, will I be able to come back to it?
I think the option will disappear after you exit out of it. In postgame, there is an infinite-use one for sale that will never go away.

ironcreed

Banned
the item that allows for infinite character edits, portcrystals at the black cat, and the riftstone in Cassardis
?

Everfall
?

Loads of new gear to find and buy in post-game.
New and stronger variants of enemies in post-game, as well as some new quests on notice boards. You can keep all of your gear and stats afterwards in NG+, but the harder difficulty and enemies will be the same as the first time around.

ironcreed

Banned
?

Everfall
? If not, what's with those rooms?

What do you mean? I didn't notice anything particularly funny.

Did you beat Everfall by collecting the 20 wakestones in post-game in the Chambers?

Id be unhappy if I saw ironcreeds photos before getting to it myself. The experience itself was SO special I'd just leave links.

The infinite use character change RC item is the 10k one. I am too poor on RC to get it :(

Thats the one thing; I read people saying MY PAWN brought back 130500 RC and I'm like WTF? Derry my pawn isn't lame!

that stupid ambush quest failed on me when i decided to go for the ending. how many times can you get ambushed? i clearned so many ambushes already.

anyway, for the ending:
i went for the "save the waifu" ending. ended up with the princess. not a bad choice. her escape quest was kinda cute and one my favorites thus far.

the whole ending battle was masterfully executed, kudos to the team at capcom. everything was better than expected.

i could have done without those 3 quest cancellations :)

That wasn't the ending. You're far from it.

ironcreed

Banned
Id be unhappy if I saw ironcreeds photos before getting to it myself. The experience itself was SO special I'd just leave links.

The infinite use character change RC item is the 10k one. I am too poor on RC to get it :(

Thats the one thing; I read people saying MY PAWN brought back 130500 RC and I'm like WTF? Derry my pawn isn't lame!

OK, I removed them. It was just pics of the dragon that everyone has seen. It does not spoil anything in particular. I left the Ur-Dragon pic up, as that has been shown.

honestly, i think it's a bit unfair to force those shots on everyone that goes in here. at least put them into spoilers.

I think they should be spoilered, too. Oh well.

Just beat the dragon. Shit is bonkers lol.

edit:
endgame spoilers:
Just left Cassardis and fighting these stronger goblins.. One just stomped me out lol. And I was just now getting used to being strong :(

I don't think they're spoilerish Iron, I have literally no context as to relate with, all I know is that is the Dragon from the prologue and the same Dragon that ripped my heart out. Otherwise it says nothing, and honestly this is the type of game that the quest could entirely be spoiled ( not that I would go looking, but you understand ) and it would mean nothing, because playing it, actually feeling how good this game is and experiencing this amazing game is unrivaled.

branny

It's probably time for that spoiler thread now for unfettered screenshot sharing and story discussion. =\

Dragon's Dogma SPOILER Thread | Once Upon a Pawn

Dragon's Dogma SPOILER Thread | Claiming Mastery O'er the Eternal Ring

Dragon's Dogma SPOILER Thread | THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dragon's Dogma SPOILER Thread | Best Protagonist Ever

etc., etc.

joe2187

Banned
Btw any way to farm gold fast? It's taking ages to get to 10 mil.

Im cheesing the everfell, Wakestones sell for thirty grand a pop, and every two or three enemies drop em full wakestones and shards. I've also have the Wyrms tears and Drakes tears in my inventory to up the chances. every two chambers I walk out with 20 wakestones and some shards

Lucent

What do I do with the
Wyrmking Ring
or whatever? I heard it's better not to give it to the quest giver because the cape you're given in exchange isn't really worth it. What should I say/do to keep it?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
What do I do with the
Wyrmking Ring
or whatever? I heard it's better not to give it to the quest giver because the cape you're given in exchange isn't really worth it. What should I say/do to keep it?

Take it to Mountebank at the Black Cat and have him make a forgery. Give the forgery to the Duke. Revel in your decreased spellcasting times.

Lucent

Take it to Mountebank at the Black Cat and have him make a forgery. Give the forgery to the Duke. Revel in your decreased spellcasting times.

Thanks. =D

Also, I'm doing the
Nameless Terror
quest. Kinda having a hard time finding them. Heard you gotta go out at night and I'm heading in the direction it seems to go on the map, but not finding anything. >_<

Astra

Spent some time hunting for equipment, and found a few pieces I mix and matched together to make my pawn look pretty good. Didn't have to sacrifice much in the way of stats, and actually increased debilitation resistance, which is far more important.
Thinking about switching my pawn from Warrior back to Fighter. Warriors hit damn hard, but they don't seem to hit fast enough. When I have a fighter with me, the fighter ends up killing more enemies much faster than my Warrior.

Also have 100,000+ discipline points to spend on any remaining skills/augments to get in the fighter class.

Decided I'd bite and picked this up on the way home from work. Installing now and debating whether or not to play(or get a decent amount of sleep)..

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Buy and sell moldy carrots in your hometown. Easy money.

Im cheesing the everfell, Wakestones sell for thirty grand a pop, and every two or three enemies drop em full wakestones and shards. I've also have the Wyrms tears and Drakes tears in my inventory to up the chances. every two chambers I walk out with 20 wakestones and some shards
Thanks, gonna do moldy carrots method for a while till I get bored.

Defuser

It's turns out my romantic partner for the game is Forunival's daughter, my Arisen is a pedo :mad:

Dammit, I didn't give her any shit and was hoping for the duchess or Madeline.

Anteater

I hope we could survive the next encounter

No kidding
KuGsj.gif

Lucent

There's so many quests. lol. I'm thinking about skipping some of the less important ones and just doing what I can handle and get to the post-game.

1stStrike

Banned
Thanks. =D

Also, I'm doing the
Nameless Terror
quest. Kinda having a hard time finding them. Heard you gotta go out at night and I'm heading in the direction it seems to go on the map, but not finding anything. >_<

I did that quest a while ago. It's pretty difficult to find some of them, but this is the general area of where they're found:

Outside of the Quarry entrance
By the bridge outside the capital (crosses the river)
On the way to the mountain shack through the path in the mountains
Just past the waycastle (they're off the road a bit once you get past it)
Right outside of the starting town

The first 3 are generally pretty easy to find, but the 4th one was a bitch. Took me like 2 hours, and of course this all has to be done at night so it's even more difficult.

Once you get the 4th one, the 5th is no sweat. The quest reward is pretty shitty, and the last fight literally lasted about 10 seconds, so it was kind of a waste of time. I had really high expectations for this quest line since it had a cool cut scene in the beginning =\

This was my exact actions. I got to Gran Soren finally after puttering around like a louse. Checked the map, saw what the city looked like...0_o....saw the size, looked at my watch, realised its 3:30...turned off....literal time vortex...

Hey guys, a quick question, I have "The Final Battle quest" is it really gonna be the final battle and end of the game or is it just a misleading name?

joe2187

Banned
Hey guys, a quick question, I have "The Final Battle quest" is it really gonna be the final battle and end of the game or is it just a misleading name?

Not even close, You've been playing the intro the whole time, the game starts AFTER the final battle. (but finish up any sidequests or other quests otherwise they'll expire)

just finished FINISHED the game.
became a ghost/god/spirit thing

someone mentioned that you can actually start at cardassis once you do the quest but that's not true.

once you become senschal, the game is effective over - you can run around cardassis + grand soren but you have no pawns + aren't even human and can't interact with anything

Its basically over - Can you complete that
last quest of living as the seneschal?

I'm guessing I have to new Game plus. Was happy to keep playing without going to NG+ but I think I have no choice now?.

such a great game. so much depth and content. didn't want it to end!

So no matter what choice I make at the end, I'm still gonna have the post game and option to fight those crazy fights in Everfall or do I have to do something specific for that? I don't want to mess things up ;)

Schwabe

someone mentioned that you can actually start at cardassis once you do the quest but that's not true.

once you become senschal, the game is effective over - you can run around cardassis + grand soren but you have no pawns + aren't even human and can't interact with anything

I'm guessing I have to new Game plus. Was happy to keep playing without going to NG+ but I think I have no choice now?.

stab yourself with the godsbane if you are bored of being a seneschal. That eill end the game and you can hop into ng+

Yes. Use the
godsbane in the clouds for a little treat. Then its new game +.

branny

Okay, I made a quick spoiler thread. Everyone who has entered postgame is invited. You'll only need to follow one easy rule that I've deemed necessary, but I think it's for the best. We just have too much endgame/postgame talk here that could be scaring people out of the OT. Don't forget to bring your screenies!

Dragon's Dogma SPOILER THREAD | Once Upon a Pawn

Top Bottom