• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Dresden

I get some sick Souls vibes from some of the levels . . . I mean, that place with the wooden platforms in the catacombs, shit, that was some 5-1 stuff yo.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I get some sick Souls vibes from some of the levels . . . I mean, that place with the wooden platforms in the catacombs, shit, that was some 5-1 stuff yo.

Yea there are definitively a few similarities. Not saying the games are anything close to identical, but people probably shouldn't scream blasphemy when the two games are compared.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That Soulflayer canyon reminded me of Blighttown especially at night, other than that there wasn't many similarities. Dragon's Dogma has a more pleasant world.

Kard8p3

Man..it looks like this Ur-Dragon(360 version) is going to die while I'm sleeping.. sad day :( This is my first ur-dragon too..

Aselith

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm in a room with some kind of magic cannon and these idiots will not goddamn follow me so we can fight the ogre on the other side. What the fuck. I've got them set to come and they stop to fight some dumb ass lizardmen so they get slaughtered by the cannon and then I get slaughtered when I go back to aid their dumb asses. So bad the AI.

WHY EXACTLY

did I have to save Asalam the merchant at the ending? And why is he at my house in Cassardis now?
lol_zpsadb46354.gif

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm in a room with some kind of magic cannon and these idiots will not goddamn follow me so we can fight the ogre on the other side. What the fuck. I've got them set to come and they stop to fight some dumb ass lizardmen so they get slaughtered by the cannon and then I get slaughtered when I go back to aid their dumb asses. So bad the AI.
Those are commands, not settings. If there are enemies around and you want your dudes to follow, you have to spam it.

The AI is up and down. Sometimes it's fantastic, sometimes it makes you want to put your head through a wall.

Schwabe

So if you are not the one who kills the Ur-Dragon, you don't get the loot?

If you did a good amount of damage, you will get loot too, when you rnter the chamber after its death.

Switch pawns!

WHY EXACTLY

did I have to save Asalam the merchant at the ending? And why is he at my house in Cassardis now?
lol_zpsadb46354.gif

was the same for me, highest affinity for you. Used a shitload of ferrystones during postgame to manage storage and changing vocation. Put your portchrystal outside cassardis.

Eccocid

Damn killing an gore takes ageeeees.

I am in that minde with that kill 3 ogre in it.

My party is around level 23. I am still too low for Ogres?

It just takes forever and there is no strategy.

post game, my first boss.
i didn't know the chimera could fuck you up by running into water while you hang on its back, lol. that was a nice surprise. but i think i already hate the darker setting. everything is so grim now. i prefer a good balance in setting.

game keeps delivering.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

I'm around that level and it's pretty easy. You do have a magic user right?

Ill Saint

Doing Griffin quest, have to get to Bluemoon Tower... how the hell? It's off in some far off place, and I don't see how I can run there. Any spoiler-free hints?

Doing Griffin quest, have to get to Bluemoon Tower... how the hell? It's off in some far off place, and I don't see how I can run there. Any spoiler-free hints?

You can see that place from outside of Gran Soren if you look in the right direction. That should give you the general idea how you can get there.

Noaloha

It bothers me that, at Lv41, my Pawn still only has 2-star ratings for Foe Knowledge with goblins, hobgoblins and wolves, etc. In fact, there's only a single enemy (hostile bandit) that he's maxed on. Grr.

theDeeDubs

Either their servers are hosed or people are trolling with the Ur-Dragon on 360. We keep getting him down to a 1/4 of his life and in the time it takes me to rest a day and run straight back he gains 1+ bars of life. Watching a stream of another guy fighting him with the same results. I wish they would've implemented some form of timed lock-out if you die or leave before the 8 minutes are up too many times in a row.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Fire. Use it.

Yeah, at lvl 23 you'll have a bunch of issues with them.

NinjaJesus

Either their servers are hosed or people are trolling with the Ur-Dragon on 360. We keep getting him down to a 1/4 of his life and in the time it takes me to rest a day and run straight back he gains 1+ bars of life. Watching a stream of another guy fighting him with the same results. I wish they would've implemented some form of timed lock-out if you die or leave before the 8 minutes are up too many times in a row.

Omg, this. He was just down to less than half a bar...I go back and he's at 1 1/2.

The_Monk

I haven't got the chance to play myself the game but I really want to grab this one, just need to clean a little bit more my backlog.

Some friends of mine who played the demo said that the game can be a little confusing. They are casual gamers but since they said the same about that I wonder what they mean. Is the game confusing in any way? Regarding controls, story, difficulty?

Thanks in advance fellow GAFfers.

sonicmj1

Well, giving up on stupid stuff in towns was a good idea. I had some great adventures roaming around and doing quests in the south. Got ambushed by a chimera as night was falling and had a pretty tense chase before I could get somewhere safer. And the Watergod's Altar quest was a lot of fun.

Things seem pretty easy so far, sticking to the critical path. But the world has a lot of stuff to discover, so exploration tends to yield a lot of cool little rewards.

1stStrike

Banned
Just finished the last part of the game and I'm ready to go to NG+ should I decide to give it another play through at some point. Put just over 87 hours into the game, so was well worth it.

I decided that I didn't feel like grinding on the Ur-Dragon or anything so I just decided to end it. The ending tied some things together and was overall satisfying.

I'm really annoyed by the fact that I didn't get to
do the quest with the Duchess and get into the Blighted Manse
so I may play through it again at some point, but for now I'll hold out for some world expansion DLC. If they add some new parts to the world in then I'll have a reason to play through again.

demigod

Damn took me forever but I managed to kill that Dragon in Devilfire Grove. Was pretty hard considering i'm only a lvl 31 assassin.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I've been trying to get the two bandit camp leader quests out of the way. I finished the Female camp quest which tasked me to go kill 10 male bandits without much issue. Now everytime I visit the male camp near the entrance to Witchwood, I get attacked despite seeing a quest icon above the male leader's head.

Will the male bandit's ever loosen up and stop aggroing me when I enter their camp? Am I screwed because I attacked them for the female camp quest? I have dropped the female bandit emblem into a storage box and that hasn't helped.

Urrgh, this is really annoying me, especially since I want the achievement to do all of the 'non notice board quests'.

So I've been trying to get the two bandit camp leader quests out of the way. I finished the Female camp quest which tasked me to go kill 10 male bandits without much issue. Now everytime I visit the male camp near the entrance to Witchwood, I get attacked despite seeing a quest icon above the male leader's head.

Will the male bandit's ever loosen up and stop aggroing me when I enter their camp? Am I screwed because I attacked them for the female camp quest? I have dropped the female bandit emblem into a storage box and that hasn't helped.

Urrgh, this is really annoying me, especially since I want the achievement to do all of the 'non notice board quests'.

just save the other one for NG+?

edgefusion

The bandits outside the camp will attack you, but the ones inside won't. So murder everyone outside first then head in. If they're attacking you inside the camp as well then... *shrug* maybe someone else can answer.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I tried to get to the thieves den in the day time and ran out of time. The night was so hard to traverse, I even tried to run and got slaughtered. No portable bedding to sleep until morning?

I realized some pawns can be duds. I had a high level fighter and she never would engage, she kept following me around. So I dumped her with a one star rating got someone who would actually tank. So be careful how you make their personalities (which you can change).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How many days does it take for chests to reset?

I wanted to get something out of the witchwood... but then got something else that was cool. So now I have to go back. But it's kinda annoying trudging all the way back through there to only see empty chests, and there isn't a place to camp.

So, what is it, like 4-5 days?

Did you beat Everfall by collecting the 20 wakestones in post-game in the Chambers?

Yeah, I'm all done. Was there an alternative to doing that?

And about the NG+ stuff, do you mean it's just the same gear and monsters from post-game, or they get upgrades in the post-game of a NG+?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Apparently I fixed my bandit camp aggro by resting at the inn for like a week straight. After 1 day of rest, the bandits inside the fort still attacked me on sight. Staying six more days, and the bandits stopped caring and I was able to grab the quest from Maul the leader without being attacked.

Hopefully this weeklong passage of time hasn't screwed me out of anything else time sensitive though.

my old mage was a short black girl with curls (white) dressed in a daggy dress. I have now updated her once I hit NG+ to become a tall white blond with pony tail. Lets see if people pick her now.

I never get more than 300RC :(

I wish the magic user class had better looking gear.

I kept thinking when playing this; that the game at times reminded me of ULTIMA; if they had kept going; britannia would look like Gran Soren/Gransys. :/

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, I'm all done. Was there an alternative to doing that?

And about the NG+ stuff, do you mean it's just the same gear and monsters from post-game, or they get upgrades in the post-game of a NG+?

No, in NG+ you just start a new game, but all the enemies are as they were the before. In other words, back to normal. But you keep on leveling up and get to keep all your gear.

As for what I found funny about the real ending that takes place after the Everfall Chambers,
is that after using the God's Bane on myself and falling back to Cassardis, my Pawn became me and her female voice was coming out of my male character.
I just got a kick out of that, but overall thought it was pure classic how the ending was handled.

Top Bottom