• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

I am so overwhelmed. I have no idea what to do. It feels good, but so depressing. I don't know if to buy weapons, or just upgrade the one I have. Sell the armor I have or keep them for styles and upgrading. I just don't know, its almost too much information to process, I just need to plan, and go bit by bit.

Drewfonse

UGH. Serves me right for exploring.

So I happened upon the Waterfall which contains the Altar of the Watergod Quest, but I cleared it out BEFORE I activated the Quest.

After initiating the Quest, I returned to the Waterfall, went back through the area, only to realize that to finish the Quest, you need to retrieve the 5 Altar shards or tablets. Well, on my initial pass through, pre quest, I picked up 2 of them, but I had no idea what they were. And they were freaking HEAVY. So I stupidly dropped them in order to lighten my load. I will save everyone the time: IDIOT! YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

I have no idea where I dropped them, and the quest is now not completeable because of that. ARGH.

Why would the game allow the player to access and discard important, quest specific items before the Quest actually starts?

And then I go back to Gran Soren to follow a different quest, the one where you need to meet Mason after speaking with the townspeople. I went to the area with a red circle on it, right next to the Cathedral, but he is nowhere to be seen, and the circle is kinda greyed out. WTF? I heard something about the Slums, but that is not where the quest marker is. Anyone?

Dresden

So I happened upon the Waterfall which contains the Altar of the Watergod Quest, but I cleared it out BEFORE I activated the Quest.

After initiating the Quest, I returned to the Waterfall, went back through the area, only to realize that to finish the Quest, you need to retrieve the 5 Altar shards or tablets. Well, on my initial pass through, pre quest, I picked up 2 of them, but I had no idea what they were. And they were freaking HEAVY. So I stupidly dropped them in order to lighten my load. I will save everyone the time: IDIOT! YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

I have no idea where I dropped them, and the quest is now not completeable because of that. ARGH.

Why would the game allow the player to access and discard important, quest specific items before the Quest actually starts?

And then I go back to Gran Soren to follow a different quest, the one where you need to meet Mason after speaking with the townspeople. I went to the area with a red circle on it, right next to the Cathedral, but he is nowhere to be seen, and the circle is kinda greyed out. WTF? I heard something about the Slums, but that is not where the quest marker is. Anyone?

Greyed out means it's on a different level. In this case it's lower, or as your pawns will tell you, he's in the aqueducts, or the sewers.

I really hate the one character limit, sure I can swap the save onto a usb drive but its too bothersome, let me have one more character slot Capcom, come on. I bet it wouldnt tax your servers that much more.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Is there a mission wiki anywhere? I'm doing this quest at the shadow fort,
where you have to go inside and open the gate, but I can't figure anything out. Everything is locke and the cave the the large gate the the end is also a dead end. I killed the two cyclops, nothing is left alive but I don't see anywhere to go.

Also, what is the ur Dragon thing? How are people killing it and getting this uber loot?

The circle is kinda greyed out because you're not at the right height. At least when I did the quest, Mason was in the slums indeed, so check there, maybe the nextwork extends under the point the market is pointing to?

Also, I never tried this, but The Black Cat description kind of implies that you should be able to find misplaced quest items there. Can someone confirm/deny this? Otherwise, you'll probably just have to accept the fact that you'll fail that quest.

EDIT: For the Shadow Fort quest
you need to first check the switch on the walls when you enter and climb the stairs, that will point you to a new quest marker that shows where the lever is. After you get it, you bring it where the switch is, insert it, and pull the lever.
Hope that was clear!

Is there a mission wiki anywhere? I'm doing this quest at the shadow fort,
where you have to go inside and open the gate, but I can't figure anything out. Everything is locke and the cave the the large gate the the end is also a dead end. I killed the two cyclops, nothing is left alive but I don't see anywhere to go.

Also, what is the ur Dragon thing? How are people killing it and getting this uber loot?

Yeah, some mission structure is stupid and poorly laid out. The goal of that big open area was for you to sneak passed the ogres into the broken hut on the left and open the gate to let the troops in, and then defeat all the enemies inside as an army. So now just go into the roof of that hut and get the piece necessary to work the gate and continue the mission.

AgentP

Yeah, some mission structure is stupid and poorly laid out. The goal of that big open area was for you to sneak passed the ogres into the broken hut on the left and open the gate to let the troops in, and then defeat all the enemies inside as an army. So now just go into the roof of that hut and get the piece necessary to work the gate and continue the mission.

The hut is the stand alone structure with the locked door/gate in front? How do you get in? I can't believe I took out everything and could have had a small army to help!

What is the best healing item to buy? I find myself just clicking on all kinds of little herbs and crap, but I wish there was just something obvious to stock up on, like "healing potion" or something. I hate that the healing spell cannot fully restore health.

The hut is the stand alone structure with the locked door/gate in front? How do you get in? I can't believe I took out everything and could have had a small army to help!

What is the best healing item to buy? I find myself just clicking on all kinds of little herbs and crap, but I wish there was just something obvious to stock up on, like "healing potion" or something. I hate that the healing spell cannot fully restore health.

It's in the middle of that ogre wide-open area on the left side. The door is locked, but there's a hole in the roof. Go through it. And yeah, I felt stupid too after I defeated everyone in that area and then the army comes through and there's only a couple little goblins to fight.

Dave1988

Harspud Sauce is the best buyable curative, but it costs 2,5 k a potion. It's also very heavy to carry.

AgentP

It's in the middle of that ogre wide-open area on the left side. The door is locked, but there's a hole in the roof. Go through it. And yeah, I felt stupid too after I defeated everyone in that area and then the army comes through and there's only a couple little goblins to fight.

Thanks. I guess I missed the fact I could jump up and grab the roof or something. I wish the pawns would have said something about that.

1stStrike

Banned
I've been doing my part for the past hour and a half it seems like, but he keeps regenerating health when I revisit. Pretty demoralizing :( lol

Are you an assassin? I can go go in there at night time with an assassin and gouge the fuck out of the Ur-Dragon for some massive damage. I happen to have a dragonforged end-game sword too, so my damage at night with it equipped is pretty insane.

Whoa, I just received sonething that I didn't expect to happen for real.
It seems that here in Italy some people charges actual money to hire overleveled pawns, smells of hoax but I worths a try

Are you an assassin? I can go go in there at night time with an assassin and gouge the fuck out of the Ur-Dragon for some massive damage. I happen to have a dragonforged end-game sword too, so my damage at night with it equipped is pretty insane.

No, Magick Archer but with the Assassin nighttime augments equipped. Haven't leveled up enough for Gouge yet, I think. I get about a bar each time, and I've gone in 5 times already and survived the 8 minutes with Gen 52. Well, except for one where I was forced to use a Wakestone. Not sure if that heals him, but I hope not. lol

Either way, it's annoying how much he's been regenerating. lol.

NG+: are failed quest from previous cycle still red in the history, or do they disappear from the log? don't know if i should write them down or not.

Arcteryx

Anyone know if faked items used to enhance weapons have the same stat oucomes? Meaning, does the total stat outcome(say level 3) of a group of faked dragonscales == the same as real dragonscales?

I've been faking some of the harder to find items, but just wanted to double check if the state outcomes. were the same or not.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Anyone else get boned on the Shadow Fortress quest by letting the lead soldier die to the goblins after opening the gate?

I did the Wyrm hunt quest at too low a level -well technically it was my low level mage-pawns for hire who were getting smooshed by every explosive bolt from the emplacement and he died while I was desperately trying to get them to follow me...

I'm assuming I can't get into the building with the door the goblins open now? Tried looking all around (and under via the frontier caverns) and aside from there being a maybe method to get into the area at the back-right with the door barred from behind with a NPC assisted jump (?) seems like that area is lost to me.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Finally 100% done with my Guts and Griffith gear, now to finish upgrading it. Sucks that guts' sword isn't as strong as the one I previously had equipped, but I'm role playing this all the way through. Even if my gear/weapons are not good enough I will find a way lol

This is BERSERK the game for me!!

Dresden

Finally 100% done with my Guts and Griffith gear, now to finish upgrading it. Sucks that guts' sword isn't as strong as the one I previously had equipped, but I'm role playing this all the way through. Even if my gear/weapons are not good enough I will find a way lol

That's what I've been doing, grabbed the gear as soon as I got to the quarry and it's been Guts and Shierke duoing up for a while now.

Nothing feels as good as hacking through a dozen goblins in a narrow passage with the big fucking sword.

i've been doing this with griffith on my pawn. worked well until now. i don't have the right class for my main though. maybe NG+.

For any PSN GAF'er, I've got some Ur-Dragon things to give away. Who needs them?

Lambent Shield (Fighter/Assassin) - claimed
Dwells-in-Light (Warrior)
Talarian White (Sorcerer) - claimed
Saint George Mask (All) - claimed

First four to PM me their PSN/Pawn info will get an item of their choosing sent to them.

Pooya

Loving Ranger so much, my favorite vocation, Mystik Archer was quite underwhelming :S overall I'd rather have my pawns as mage roles than play myself as one. Ranger's skills are pretty satisfying. man, no RPG has got archery as good as Dragon's Dogma, shooting feels right, totally role playing Legolas :p

the main annoying thing for me is all the backtracking and that enemies appear in same areas everytime I go back, gets old :|

- If only they copy/pasted RDR's horse riding into this. I'd buy horse DLC :p I don't really want easier (cheaper) fast traveling, I just want horse riding and combat.

- this game has some cool dungeons. Bethesda, take note.

- wolf packs at night, omg so good

this game is so cool but a lot more can be done on top of it, hoping they get to make a sequel.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
- wolf packs at night, omg so good

I ran into my first Dire Wolves recently, at night of course. One pack is bad enough, but it was one after another until I finally ran like a bitch to my destination. Had to leave one of my pawns behind to die. :(

Dresden

from what I've been hearing just a patch that makes every mob in ng+ uber dangerous would be cool. someone petition capcom

Top Bottom