• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

1stStrike

Banned
Woah wait up! Damage to the UR dragon is shared online?

Yes. You also get better loot than you would offline. From my experience the Ur-Dragon tends to be a bit more aggressive online, as well.

So, it's possible for you to fight him at 4 1/2 life bars, come back an hour or two later, and he's down to one life bar or something because other people have been fighting him.

Note that people have been farming the shit out of him with assassin, though. They go at night with all of the assassin perks on, maxed out gouge, and no extra pawns to get the extra bonuses and gouge the shit out of him so he dies crazy fast.

Holy shit my mage is popular. overnight 9 players used her, generating 342,273 RC. the most I've ever seen so far is like, 80K

I hate you >:{

My pawn is started as Mage ( for now ) to boost magic defense, he has great skills, but he's just not used period. I think because it took me over 20 hrs to get to Gran Soren, meaning he has no good armor but he can still stand up with bandits in basically nails, bracelets, slippers and a dress I found in the Witch-wood. I think people just look at him and by-pass him, every time I rest at the Inn I get small amounts of Crystals which I think its the game feeling sorry for me, because when I check his ratings, no one has rated him.

Well that will change. I'm in Gran Soren now with ridiculous amounts of money from just roaming so he'll get good Mage/Sorc gear. I'll just grind till I get some good magic defense stats and augments then make him what he really was supposed to be Warrior then Fighter...

No, in NG+ you just start a new game, but all the enemies are as they were the before. In other words, back to normal. But you keep on leveling up and get to keep all your gear.

As for what I found funny about the real ending that takes place after the Everfall Chambers,
is that after using the God's Bane on myself and falling back to Cassardis, my Pawn became me and her female voice was coming out of my male character.
I just got a kick out of that, but overall thought it was pure classic how the ending was handled.

Oh, is that what was going on there? I figured I'd have to play through it again to understand it. I guess I was just a bit blown away by the impact of the ending, I thought it was more heartfelt than anything.

And about NG+...I could swear I heard something massive lumbering around the entrance to Witchwood. Was I imagining it, or do some areas have new enemies to fight?

Yuterald

Apparently I fixed my bandit camp aggro by resting at the inn for like a week straight. After 1 day of rest, the bandits inside the fort still attacked me on sight. Staying six more days, and the bandits stopped caring and I was able to grab the quest from Maul the leader without being attacked.

Hopefully this weeklong passage of time hasn't screwed me out of anything else time sensitive though.

Wait, I think I killed this Maul leader by accident. It's the bandit fort near the ocean located by Witchwood, correct? Does that mean I screwed myself out of a non-sign-board quest?

ironcreed

Banned
Oh, is that what was going on there? I figured I'd have to play through it again to understand it. I guess I was just a bit blown away by the impact of the ending, I thought it was more heartfelt than anything.

And about NG+...I could swear I heard something massive lumbering around the entrance to Witchwood. Was I imagining it, or do some areas have new enemies to fight?

I have not explored the entire world yet in NG+. Just got there last night and saved my game after leaving Cassardis. But from what others have said, it goes back to being the same. Hopefully there are some surprises.

I have not explored the entire world yet in NG+. Just got there last night and saved my game after leaving Cassardis. But from what others have said, it goes back to being the same. Hopefully there are some surprises.

I've also found a cyclops or two where i don't recall them being before. If they're not new, I missed them last playthrough, so...they're new to me, at least!

God I have so many questions! If me and my pawn are out in the wild, just puttering about, and I cast Frigor and jump to a higher area, will my pawn observe my actions and copy them if he has the spell as well...or is that hoping for too much?

1stStrike

Banned
God I have so many questions! If me and my pawn are out in the wild, just puttering about, and I cast Frigor and jump to a higher area, will my pawn observe my actions and copy them if he has the spell as well...or is that hoping for too much?

Pawns learn simple things. If you smash a lot of crates, they'll gradually start doing the same. If they find that using ice works better on a certain enemy, then they'll use ice against it from then on and let you know that ice is effective when you encounter it.

They're not going to copy your actions, but rather they learn from a pre-set amount of variables that the developers added into the game. When they have 3 stars on a mob they're generally really effective against it, but with 1 star or less they tend to be a bit clumsy.

I was frustrated with them in the early game, but as I used the wisdom chair and my pawn learned new things, fights flowed smoother as they cast the right spells, used the right attacks, and went for specific weaknesses against larger enemies.

You're still dealing with PS3/360 level AI, though, not some kind of organic super computer so keep that in mind.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wait, I think I killed this Maul leader by accident. It's the bandit fort near the ocean located by Witchwood, correct? Does that mean I screwed myself out of a non-sign-board quest?

Nope. I killed him as well initially and he respawns. Might have to complete at least one main quest progression for it to happen though.

Arcteryx

Yeah, I'm all done. Was there an alternative to doing that?

And about the NG+ stuff, do you mean it's just the same gear and monsters from post-game, or they get upgrades in the post-game of a NG+?

No, it's EXACTLY the same as regular(non-post game) content. You're INCREDIBLY op :|

Story-related question:

So I chose to meet with the Duke's wife (supposedly for some hot lesbian action), he attempts to kill her without knowing I'm there. I break up his murder attempt, she tells him I broke in and I should be thrown in the dungeon etc etc. I get tossed in the dungeon and am told to escape, which I do. Now I'm once again freely roaming Gran Soren and the guards don't give a shit that I was just tossed away for life for attempting to rape/sleep with his wife. What the fuck?

Story-related question:

So I chose to meet with the Duke's wife (supposedly for some hot lesbian action), he attempts to kill her without knowing I'm there. I break up his murder attempt, she tells him I broke in and I should be thrown in the dungeon etc etc. I get tossed in the dungeon and am told to escape, which I do. Now I'm once again freely roaming Gran Soren and the guards don't give a shit that I was just tossed away for life for attempting to rape/sleep with his wife. What the fuck?

yes

ironcreed

Banned
Story-related question:

LOL, yeah I thought that was kind of odd as well. I just overlooked it in much the same way that even in games like The Witcher 2, you can run around in people's houses stealing shit right in front of them and they are oblivious to it. Just one of them quirks.

Story-related question:

Yep, lol. Just another one of those awkward ass story-related scenario.

Alucrid

Banned
Story-related question:

Probs doesnt want people to know about his fetish

Noaloha

By the Gods, I wish there was a way to filter out/view specific voice-types when searching. There's one particular female voice that is evvvvvverywhere.

LOL, yeah I thought that was kind of odd as well. I just overlooked it in much the same way that even in games like The Witcher 2, you can run around in people's houses stealing shit right in front of them and they are oblivious to it. Just one of them quirks.

The story is just stupid, but I do enjoy the stealing in broad daylight. It's hilarious when I take my pawns places, like into Seline's house, and they just start breaking her shit and taking everything that isn't nailed down right in front of her. It always makes me laugh. Pawns need some etiquette lessons.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Anyone know if you need to do everything to get
Fournival
acquitted. A trip out to the Greatwall encampment and back seems like more hassle than its worth!

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Anyone know if you need to do everything to get
Fournival
acquitted. A trip out to the Greatwall encampment and back seems like more hassle than its worth!

Don't fall for the Greatwall quest marker, it's just Reynard hanging out and wanting to sell you forged documents.

I made the trip out there and when I saw that the quest marker was just pointing me to that jerk I was less than pleased.

Did anyone make a copy of Ophis's Badge of Amity and would be wiling to help? I didn't do the "Feed my Cyclops" (or something like that) quest and the quest marker is gone now. I can't even talk to the leader cause she goes berserk when she sees me. Will anyone would be kind enough and could pass it on my pawn? It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm playing on Xbox, my gamertag: H3rtZ DoNuT

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
ixix said:
Don't fall for the Greatwall quest marker, it's just Reynard hanging out and wanting to sell you forged documents.

I made the trip out there and when I saw that the quest marker was just pointing me to that jerk I was less than pleased.

Damn! Thanks for the heads-up, that's some Cavia-level design trolling!

Anteater

hmm, I'm seeing a lot of rangers on guardian/medicant, i wonder if they're any good, I like having rangers in my party

and man my friend plays too much, his pawn is already 70

Yea, sadly they went the route of using it to farm trophies, instead of making it a harder format of normal gameplay.

Only initially - things scale up, like their damage, etc, new monsters appear where they didn't before, and the Vocation of many monsters are ranked up. It's only initially going to NG+, that you're overpowered for the opening half or so. EVERY NG+ adds a buff to all monsters, that stack, infinitely. So eventually you'll hit a wall.

I'm on my first NG+, and around
going to the griphon lair
did my game kick back in the difficulty it was when I was mid-game on my first playthrough.

Grisby

Two questions:
1)So...when does Madelene open her shop? I gave her some money way early in the game at the pawn encampment but now I'm on Aldous's quests and she's still just hanging around at the inn.

2)Does the female bandit leader give any more quests? Only did one with her and she gave me a medallion.

so just played the demo and really liked it, I know there was issues with both 360 and ps3 versions, but has there been a solid "this version is better" or is it still a pick your poison? Just need to decide what system I want it on now.

Two questions:
1)So...when does Madelene open her shop? I gave her some money way early in the game at the pawn encampment but now I'm on Aldous's quests and she's still just hanging around at the inn.

2)Does the female bandit leader give any more quests? Only did one with her and she gave me a medallion.

1)
I talked to her again around the Conviction quest involving the rich guy, and suddenly she popped open her shop

2)
I'm a man, so she didn't like me. :(

edgefusion

I started the Ur-dragon (PS3) battle with it having 3 and a half pips left....I ended the battle with it having 3 and a half pips left. Go me, lol.

Anteater

so just played the demo and really liked it, I know there was issues with both 360 and ps3 versions, but has there been a solid "this version is better" or is it still a pick your poison? Just need to decide what system I want it on now.

Yeah, it's pick your poison, framerate is worse on ps3 and 360 has a lot of tearing

Grisby

1)
I talked to her again around the Conviction quest involving the rich guy, and suddenly she popped open her shop

2)
I'm a man, so she didn't like me. :(
I'll try talking with her again then. For the second part I think you can wait a week and talk to her again but
dress up in womans clothes that you can buy from the Black Cat.

Top Bottom