• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake 3: Uncharted's Deception |OT| of awesome Multiplayer gaming

MightyKAC

NeoUltima said:
Nothing beats a good match of plunder. Fun as hell, and a shit load of experience. I got 80% of a level from one game (and I was lvl 73). Had over 50 kills. Chaotic and crazy fun.

Also, I must be the only person online that goes for the In Your Face medal. It's easy money and hilarious.

And also, fuck level 3 fleetfoot. Nerf that shit ND.

Everyone posting in OT in gaming.

This.

There's a reason that everyone an his uncle uses this shit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Agreed. Fleet Foot Gold is ridiculous. And it's so easy to level it up to gold too...

Silver Fleet Foot should be the standard speed for Gold. Gold is way too fast.

Jubs

How effective is the Juggernaut kickback? Can you survive a grenade right at your feet? RPG? How many shots does it take to take you down?

Btw, I play all modes. PSN Jubbery.

chessnut

Jubs said:
How effective is the Juggernaut kickback? Can you survive a grenade right at your feet? RPG? How many shots does it take to take you down?

Btw, I play all modes. PSN Jubbery.

never used juggernaut, so i don't know.
no you can't survive a nade if its at your feet, but you can always throw it back
rpg same as above
depends on the gun. i'd say about 10 bullets with kal, 3-4 bursts with g-mal, 7-8 with m9, 1 with t-bolt, 2 with sawed off, 1 with regular shotgun. i don't use anything else.

i might add you later or something, i'm about to get off

Jubs

b.mak said:
never used juggernaut, so i don't know.
no you can't survive a nade if its at your feet, but you can always throw it back
rpg same as above
depends on the gun. i'd say about 10 bullets with kal, 3-4 bursts with g-mal, 7-8 with m9, 1 with t-bolt, 2 with sawed off, 1 with regular shotgun. i don't use anything else.

i might add you later or something, i'm about to get off

No, I meant once you activate the Juggernaut kickback, can you survive all those things that I mentioned.

Having spent the weekend playing through the campaign I'm ready to get in on some MP action too.

Will play pretty much any mode, but am always up for co-op adventures!

PSN: Kung_Fu_Bill (just add "Gaf" to any friend invites etc)

Darkkn

Ugh.. Getting dublicate treasures is the worst. I must have gotten like hundred historical coins.. Is this a bug or 'feature'?

Nightz

Teknoman said:
Anyone have one of these:

Sony 7.1 Headset?

I'm looking for a good PS3 headset...the first version of the official bluetooth works great, but burns my ear after awhile.
Yeah I have one. Feels good and works great. I'm sure you already know this but it's virtual 7.1, but it works well and is pretty good for the price.

Rewrite said:
Agreed. Fleet Foot Gold is ridiculous. And it's so easy to level it up to gold too...

Silver Fleet Foot should be the standard speed for Gold. Gold is way too fast.

Hmmm is it really that good? I never really pay too much attention to what other people use. I also never really used Fleet Foot because I don't want to get too used to it and then later when playing and I don't have it, I will be garbage without it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
Hmmm is it really that good? I never really pay too much attention to what other people use. I also never really used Fleet Foot because I don't want to get too used to it and then later when playing and I don't have it, I will be garbage without it.
It really is. Just buy the booster to try it out. It's so easy to upgrade it. You'll probably upgrade to gold in like a day or so.

Thrakier

Just had a nice game with PWON and Vert. Coop is tons of fun, gunplay is just great. I noticed something amazing. The lips of the characters are moving when you are talking using the voice chat. ;D So much attention do detail. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thrakier said:
Just had a nice game with PWON and Vert. Coop is tons of fun, gunplay is just great. I noticed something amazing. The lips of the characters are moving when you are talking using the voice chat. ;D So much attention do detail. :)
That was in Uncharted 2's regular co-op mode too (except arena). In UC3, it happens in co-op adventure and co-op arena, which is awesome.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ammo Award is the most worthless booster ever. I don't understand why anyone would use it over Daredevil. The amount of ammo you get is so minimal that it makes no difference ESPECIALLY in co-op. I mean, you're already wasting a shitload of bullets and by the time you get a medal for you to get ammo, you're low and the ammo you receive from it is a joke even at gold level.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This has finally clicked for me after a few days of playing so I would definitely be up for some GAF games at some point. I'm pretty sure a few of you are already on my friend list too. Just remind me to turn on my mic and the mic audio. LOL

iLLmAtlc

I don't use Fleet Foot if I'm playing with a bunch of normal players but if I see one of those stat padding parties load up, I get Fleet Foot on because I don't want to give them that advantage over me too. When I'm just playing with normal players I try to spend time leveling up random boosters I might find useful somewhere.

jax (old)

Banned
How much more money is "significanlty more" - I have my deposit @ 3 now and I don't think its "significantly more". Still, the MP game is great. I'm going to add everyone on this list tomorrow so we'll do some gaming when we can?

trying to gain treasures to unlock shit! :)

gibration

Thrakier said:
Can I see anywhere after a match how much money and XP I made?
Money? Yes. XP? No. Hit select in the lobby to bring up the scoreboard/stats from your previous match. If it brings up the scoreboard just hit select again.

What were they thinking when they implemented joining a game in progres in FREE FOR ALL?!!!

Yeah I would like to join a game where a guy only needs 5 more kills.....

NO SHIT I AM FALLING BEHIND!!!!

Thrakier

ShinHayase said:
What were they thinking when they implemented joining a game in progres in FREE FOR ALL?!!!

Yeah I would like to join a game where a guy only needs 5 more kills.....

NO SHIT I AM FALLING BEHIND!!!!

So...?

iLLmAtlc

Man I gotta work on a strategy to take on those KAL guys that run right up to you. I was just humbled like three games in a row by the same guy.

I thought using the FAL-SS no scope was pretty good against them but it wasn't really happening this time.

Any thoughts?

Thrakier

iLLmAtlc said:
Man I gotta work on a strategy to take on those KAL guys that run right up to you. I was just humbled like three games in a row by the same guy.

I thought using the FAL-SS no scope was pretty good against them but it wasn't really happening this time.

Any thoughts?

Yeah. Hope for a patch.

Im surprised that I keep running into the same people every night (midnight est), either the pool of Team Objective players is small or I just have great luck.

Game is quite addicting, even if the recolored maps are still annoying.

anyone wanna add me for some teaming up in mp, co-op, or whatever
my psn is: PUSHA-T

i'm lvl 52 now but i'm not all that great. fyi i don't have a headset.

Teknoman

7.1 Sony is pretty nice on PC, havent tested it on the PS3 but i'm sure I wont be disappointed. Does take a little getting use to sitting on your head since its got a little more weight than a normal headset.

theAntagonist said:
I'm guessing the Fleet Foot booster is the choice for upper level players. I didn't really play too much of Uncharted 2's multiplayer, but I seem to remember people being fairly against that booster in U2. Yesterday I encountered a few guys with gold Fleet Foot and I had a really hard time beating them in one on one shootouts. Needless to say, it was pretty frustrating so I switched over to Fleet Foot too and now I seem to have the upper hand in 1v1 firefights against people who don't have it equipped.

What are your guys thoughts? Do you guys think it's still a little too good, especially when leveled up?

Yep i noticed someone using it one night. I've been using it ever since and have leveled it up to 3. Works awesome.

Haint

So what modes/options/perks/styles are people exploiting to be Multi-Legacy's already? I noticed there were a fair number of people well into Legacy when the game was only 2 or 3 days old. Even starting at lvl 35, playing 24/7, and dominating every single match, that doesn't seem possible in any of the modes I've been haunting.

Alebrije

This could sound stupid but how do you "activate" buddy system? I mean what button you have to press to make the high five , every time someone try to do it with me is just do not found the right button...

Rikyfree

Alebrije said:
This could sound stupid but how do you "activate" buddy system? I mean what button you have to press to make the high five , every time someone try to do it with me is just do not found the right button...
Down on the directional pad.

Also feel free to add me anyone who plays this: PSN= Qlaahrqueh

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but since it's multiplayer relevant:

Did the Subway Taste for Adventure promo run out of codes? I can enter a code but I don't get a chance to get the Gun skin (or theme). Just the spinning disc sweepstakes thing. :(

I thought there were negative boosters. What happened to them? Do you have to "prestige" or whatever to get them?

Do negative boosters have medals associated with them. I want to get all the medals in the game and I'm only missing a few, but I don't wanna lose all of my booster levels / characters.

iLLmAtlc

Is anyone else constantly being placed on the hero team? I think it's pretty annoying because I want to play as Flynn but right now the ratio seems like 7-3 for me.

eloestmn

iLLmAtlc said:
Is anyone else constantly being placed on the hero team? I think it's pretty annoying because I want to play as Flynn but right now the ratio seems like 7-3 for me.
Its the opposite for me, Im always on the villains. As far as I know its a bug with the party system. the bigger party always plays as the villains. Surprised that hasnt been fixed yet.

iLLmAtlc said:

I am consistently placed on the villains team, which reminds me, each individual skin to purchase is 99 cents or 49 cents? I need to get Flynn.

monome

Hey,

I'm pumped for some Uncharted MP or co-op and already caved-in for the season pass.

Feel free to add me to your friend list : destiny-monome

iLLmAtlc

Dedication Through Light said:
I am consistently placed on the villains team, which reminds me, each individual skin to purchase is 99 cents or 49 cents? I need to get Flynn.

Ah well that explains it guys, thanks. I pretty much roll by myself 99% of the time so that makes a lot of sense.

Also, skins are 49 cents dude! I was really happy ND allowed purchasing of individual skins unlike some other companies. Oh yeah, for me, even after buying it from the in-game store I had to quit the game, goto the store from the XMB and activate it in my download list before I could use him.

Oh and if you were disappointed the Flynn was the regular Flynn and not Heist or Winter like me someone at another forum told me you could change the colour of the shirt and pants if you highlight them and press triangle. As a result you can pretty much have Heist Flynn but without the backpack lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
I thought there were negative boosters. What happened to them? Do you have to "prestige" or whatever to get them?

Do negative boosters have medals associated with them. I want to get all the medals in the game and I'm only missing a few, but I don't wanna lose all of my booster levels / characters.
You have to do the Legacy to get them. There's cash multiplier for every kill you get with them equipped. I don't think there's medals associated with them like in UC2, but I could be wrong since I won't do the Legacy thing. Don't care about negative boosters.

Yea I decided that I'm not going to do the legacy thing. I just wanna get all the medals and from what I gathered negative boosters don't give you medals in this game. I don't wanna lose all of my stuff so forget legacy. It is ridiculous that you have to get to level 75 FOUR times before you can start getting any higher.

It is a little sad that I am done leveling already in my U3 career.

iLLmAtlc

Hey guys, I've reached level 75 and I'm kind of intrigued by the legacy thing and I have a question for those who have done it. Do you lose access to the FAL-SS if you legacy? It's my favourite gun and I don't think I'd be willing to give it up at this point. I'm a little confused since I've read conflicting reports about what it is you actually lose and no one has mentioned weapons specifically.

Top Bottom