• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake 3: Uncharted's Deception |OT| of awesome Multiplayer gaming

iLLmAtlc

I hate blindfire myself but it's not better than aiming overall IMO because the aimer would still win from mid range pretty much all the time, and from close-mid range many times too. I think all players who hate blindfire need to be wary of the surroundings. There are certain areas in every stage that are just prime areas to run into a blindfire guy and in those situations you should have your Micro equipped, or you can just avoid them altogether. Places like the first stairs on the Hero side on Facility is one of them. Another example would be the pits in the London Underground, or that area at the top of the stairs on the Villain side when you're about to go through the big hole.

Those are just some initial thoughts because as a FAL user I pretty much die from blindfire the most. I'm still working on winning more of those battles.

not without but with less accuracy, right now it's better than aiming and it sucks.

WHAT...THE...FUUU... NO just NO! This is getting ridiculous. This is NOT true and it is very exaggerated.

This was present in U2 and no one complained. I swear the only reason why people think this is a problem is becuase of the Uzi and Kal 7. Two guns that are meant to only be blind fired.

Remember in U2, the Uzi was garbage. UNLESS you used blindfire. Why you ask? It's because the rate of fire is high. More bullets + more comming out at a faster rate = easier to auto aim with at close distances. ND has constantly said that blindfire overall has been reduced.

Aiming is always better, in every circumstance except when in punching range, where blindfire with a gun with a high rate of fire SHOULD win.

Mods please add this to the OP so we can never speak of this again k thx bye.

Finalow

play some MGS fool.
I'm sleeping very well these days so I don't need that, but thanks.

WHAT...THE...FUUU... NO just NO! This is getting ridiculous. This is NOT true and it is very exaggerated.

This was present in U2 and no one complained. I swear the only reason why people think this is a problem is becuase of the Uzi and Kal 7. Two guns that are meant to only be blind fired.

Remember in U2, the Uzi was garbage. UNLESS you used blindfire. Why you ask? It's because the rate of fire is high. More bullets + more comming out at a faster rate = easier to auto aim with at close distances. ND has constantly said that blindfire overall has been reduced.

Aiming is always better, in every circumstance except when in punching range, where blindfire with a gun with a high rate of fire SHOULD win.

Mods please add this to the OP so we can never speak of this again k thx bye.
no.
aiming is better my ass, yeah it's better if the opponent is 20m away from you but if he's not so far (but not in ''punching range'' at all) he can kill you faster without aiming. that's nosense.
blindfire is ok in ''punching range'' but in this game it's too good in ''aiming range''.

not only kal and uzi, M9's blindfire is damn good, too good.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

Remember in U2, the Uzi was garbage. UNLESS you used blindfire.
Pop in UC2, play a match, and please tell me how many people blindfire with the AK47, M4, or FAL. The micro was useless to aim and it was meant to be blindfired so I agree with you there. HOWEVER, it was a power weapon. Now everyone can start with the Uzi. It's sad but on the video reviews I've posted from TripleWRECK and Eugenides, this thing remains true: someone spots you and what do they do? Switch over to the Uzi or long range gun and blindfire away. I actually laugh every time this happens.

Note: Just to make things clear, I'm OK with the concept of it and it should be a viable option, but it shouldn't be THE option that's so prevalent in this game.

I have a confession GAF. I SlasherMcGirk used Plunder mode today to boost.

I know, I know but I couldn't pass up the allure to level up weapons expert. I got 5 Triple Threat medals in ONE plunder match. That would have probably have taken like fifteen TDM's to make.

Well whats done is done. Now I have gold. Hmm what should I try...

M9 rate of fire + extra clip size or AK with accuracy and fast reload hmmmm....

Also ONE MORE THING...

Is a leveled up Daredevil booster any good? So I kill a guy and then taunt and get ammo and a grenade? When they say get an extra clip does that mean extra long gun clip or does it apply to other weapons too like magnum, Tbolt, Rocket Launcher?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Daredevil Gold is one of the best boosters you could use. What they mean by clip, it means the amount of ammo you receive is increased. Bronze is a little bit of ammo, silver is ammo + grenade, and gold is grenade + double sized clip of ammo. It's so awesome. NOTE: you will ONLY get ammo of the weapon you are holding while you're taunting. So if you have a pistol while you taunt, you'll get pistol ammo. Same thing for long range gun. It won't work on power weapons, though. why would anyone bother with ammo award? I can't believe I upgraded that shitty booster to gold.

jax (old)

Banned
are you guys at least on legacy 3? I don't see any point in going for gold if you entertain going legacy as it wipes your upgrades :'(

are you guys at least on legacy 3? I don't see any point in going for gold if you entertain going legacy as it wipes your upgrades :'(

Who says we are going Legacy? I am perfectly fine at level 75 for my uncharted 3 career. I decided that instead of U2 I wasn't going to play to level and let my "skill" dip because of leveling. What am I missing? Doughnut Talbot and a skull emblem. No thanks.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I will never Legacy. It's pointless and I don't plan on losing all my gold leveled boosters. There's literally no incentive other than a change in your emblem, a lame skin, and negative boosters which I never plan to use. Perfectly happy at 75.

hamchan

I prestige in CoD but that's because I can still beat people as a lower level. In this game I'm no where near as confident and I feel the higher levels have a huge advantage over lower levels. So if I ever reach 75 no way am i gonna reset.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Speaking about Legacy, I can't even count the amount of times I've heard people on the mic saying they regret doing it. Everyone always mentions that it doesn't tell you that you lose all your boosters and whatnot. I feel so sorry for them every time, haha.

Speaking about Legacy, I can't even count the amount of times I've heard people on the mic saying they regret doing it. Everyone always mentions that it doesn't tell you that you lose all your boosters and whatnot. I feel so sorry for them every time, haha.

hamchan said:
I prestige in CoD but that's because I can still beat people as a lower level. In this game I'm no where near as confident and I feel the higher levels have a huge advantage over lower levels. So if I ever reach 75 no way am i gonna reset.
Exactly. Plus in COD it's way easier to level up perks. Even if you don't pro all of them they are still very useful at their default. You get some of the best guns early on too. But stuff like weapon expert and team safe take forever to level up. I still have 20 high five medals to go on team safe, and I've been trying to level it up for a while. :/ No way I'm going to do those two over again.You're also stuck with the AK-47, and GMAL for like 16 levels? Their both good guns with practice but up against and M9 or a FAL, you'll lose a good chunk of those fire fights.

jax (old)

Banned
Legacied at level 52 now. You get over it real quick. Play some coop arena. First game, you'll hit level 8,9,10 easy - play it on crushing/hard and you'll get there in 1 game.

lots of cash n xp.

more gaffers should add me! What time do you guys game? I hate randoms.

huntertenK

Phenomic

So I haven't played this since the game came out. Has there been any additional tweaking to the system? Did they nerf blind fire? Modify gun accuracy at all? Anything else that might be additional information that I would be savvy to learn having loved the Summer Beta and almost hating the Subway one?

Legacied at level 52 now. You get over it real quick. Play some coop arena. First game, you'll hit level 8,9,10 easy - play it on crushing/hard and you'll get there in 1 game.

lots of cash n xp.

more gaffers should add me! What time do you guys game? I hate randoms.

huntertenK

I'll play with you sometime add me when you get the chance.

PSN: SlasherMcGirk

I hate how this topic title starts with Drake and not Uncharted so sometimes it's harder to find amongst the other topics.

Also hate how inactive this thread is. :(

And whats up the the community videos on Uncharted TV? They are never updated and are always the most random dumb things. Very strange.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Who would have thought that in that same day, we'd get the patch!

I hate how this topic title starts with Drake and not Uncharted so sometimes it's harder to find amongst the other topics.

Also hate how inactive this thread is. :(

And whats up the the community videos on Uncharted TV? They are never updated and are always the most random dumb things. Very strange.
The reason this thread is inactive has to do with two primary reasons. One, it's in the community forum and secondly, Uncharted never had a big online community here on GAF. There was only a handful of us that stuck with Uncharted 2's online and it'll be the same thing here. As for the Uncharted video, I disabled it since day one. It's distracting and it always showed the same thing over and over again.

Something's up with matchmaking tonight. I'm sad.
Something's BEEN up with matchmaking this whole week. It takes longer to find a game and I'm getting more "Found all players" and they all drop out and it begins the search again. Don't know what's been up, but it was way faster to find players before this patch.

Strike

I'll be alternating between this, BF3, and MW3 for a while. Feel free to add me. Strike34. Don't forget to mention you're from GAF.

monome

General question : how come this thread is so empty?

My copy is at a friend's and I can't play online but i'm worried when I get it back I'll find empty rooms when going online...How is the online population going. I already got the season pass, godammit.

I think the only real reason this thread is dead is because the regular U3 topic over in the gaming side is still going strong and everyone is still talking about the game over there. Once that thread gets moved, this thread will pick up.

And don't every worry about empty U3 rooms. U2 was extremely active all throughout it's life. No problems there.

monome

I think the only real reason this thread is dead is because the regular U3 topic over in the gaming side is still going strong and everyone is still talking about the game over there. Once that thread gets moved, this thread will pick up.

And don't every worry about empty U3 rooms. U2 was extremely active all throughout it's life. No problems there.

Nice, I'm longing for my game...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fuck Fleet Foot. Seriously.

Yep. The majority of people that use it (well, DEPEND on it) are mostly made up of scrubs and try-hard players. The avid users will tell you that it requires skill to use, but it really doesn't. Just like those same avid players will tell you that the FAL requires skill to use. I laugh at them.

I've been rockin' the G-MAL lately (specifically Flynn's) and have been tearing up people with it. There's nothing wrong with the G-MAL IMO. It's a great gun.

So on the topic of matchmaking, is there no way to set a threshold of player levels? Normally I wouldn't think it necessary but every game tonight seems to have pitted teen levels against 70s.

gdt

Just had a bunch of pretty great games. Trying out quick boom for a bit (sorry cluster), digging it. Might level Daredevil to use them together...

So on the topic of matchmaking, is there no way to set a threshold of player levels? Normally I wouldn't think it necessary but every game tonight seems to have pitted teen levels against 70s.

70's aren't really that high at all. The ones you should fear are third legacies, the ones with the three dots, and level 75. Level 75 only because that's the highest non legacy rank and you can't really tell how much they have played.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
70's aren't really that high at all. The ones you should fear are third legacies, the ones with the three dots, and level 75. Level 75 only because that's the highest non legacy rank and you can't really tell how much they have played.

Most that are third legacy are avid FF Gold/FAL/Quick Boom users. I already know their loadouts like 90% of the time I'm put in a match with them. It's also funny seeing their stats because most of them will have a shitload of wins (over a 1k), and only like 20 losses...meaning that the instant they're getting their asses kicked, they'll quit the match to save their precious stats. Happens all of the time. I fucking wish ND added a quitting count on the stats page (and count a quit as a loss too), just so you can see their true shame.

Most of my slot 2 boosters are all gold. Only ones I'm missing are Team Safe, Power Hunter, and Revenge. I have Team Safe on silver...I need 45 high fives for gold, which is crazy! Crazy because high fiving someone is very risky and wonky too. For some reason, it will never align properly which causes you and your buddy waste time finding the correct 'spot' for it to register and when you do, it'll either be late or you'll get shot/grenaded most of the time. Revenge I've not even used once because I find that booster to be incredibly shitty and I still don't see the point of Power Hunter when I know where all the power weapons are at lol.

For slot 1, I only have Weapon Expert, Regeneration, Fleet Foot, Explosive Expert, Explosive Shell Expert and Beast Mode to gold. The rest are silver except Cloaked and Scoped In :)lol). For Beast Mode (allows you to move faster with the idol), I HATE that if I score an idol and some other person in my team is wearing Beast Mode, my capture will count for THEIR beast mode progress too. It's bullshit. the person who captures the idol should be the ONLY one that gets the progress, not the whole fucking team if they have it on. It's bad because you'll get people (aka leeches) that will have it on just so that another person can score all the idols while they're doing their own shit and not even attempting to go for it. If ND had made Beast Mode where you'll get progress ONLY if you score, more people would actually try capturing it since they'll want to level it up.

Until ND shows something actually worthwhile in terms of unlockables if you legacy to 100, I won't bother. All my hard work to leveling up those boosters for some shitty fat Talbot skin and some slight emblem change to black? No thanks. I could have probably been third legacy from all the hours that I've played, but it's not worth it.

eloestmn

Most of the time when I run into some high level legacy players, they are asscheeks in terms of skill level. Usually heavy complainers too.

Im not concerned with skulls or black emblems, negative boosters, doughnut talbot, or having to re-level a booster at all. Dont even need boosters truthfully, only thing Ive bothered to use is deposit and thanks buddy since i started with the legacy stuff.

All Im after are the clown masks.
Dat shit CRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
> play Hardcore
> treasure drops are super fucking rare
> receive treasure
> it's just cash

Fuck. This. Shit.

Most of my slot 2 boosters are all gold. Only ones I'm missing are Team Safe, Power Hunter, and Revenge. I have Team Safe on silver...I need 45 high fives for gold, which is crazy! Crazy because high fiving someone is very risky and wonky too. For some reason, it will never align properly which causes you and your buddy waste time finding the correct 'spot' for it to register and when you do, it'll either be late or you'll get shot/grenaded most of the time. Revenge I've not even used once because I find that booster to be incredibly shitty and I still don't see the point of Power Hunter when I know where all the power weapons are at lol.

I completely agree about the High Five. 45 is a ridiculous number. Plus the fact that High Fives never align properly and takes so long the enemy body disappears or you end up dying trying to do it. Most players don't even bother with a high five and just ignore you anyway.

Also I don't think power hunter is that bad. It's not the point of the booster to learn to find out where the weapons are. The point is to instantly know when a weapon respawn. Leveled up Power Weapon's radius is like half the level. It lets you know "Hey the RPG is back. Turn around and go get it!"

Edit: I'd gladly take Hardcore treasure drops over Co Op Adventure Rare drops any day. I have like 50 hours on it and I dont have a single one. I can't say that about Hardcore.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's the opposite for me. I get a bunch of treasure drops in co-op adventure than on Hardcore. I don't play Adventure enough (I mostly stopped when I got my star next to my level icon for beating everything on Crushing), but every time I play, I get a treasure drop. Regarding the rare ones, my friend was missing one in the Airport...the one that Eddy drops, and I think he managed to get one when he partied up with me on his first go. It was the only one he was missing.

I just can't get any of those rare treasure drops in co-op arena to complete most of the sets. Sully's bowler hat will never be mine. :\

Regarding Treasure Hunter, I guess I already know the timing it takes for the power weapons to respawn. Really, I just find it pointless. Most people ignore the RPG and Hammer for some reason because every time they're always there. I'll level it up out of principle of me trying to get all boosters to gold!

And speaking of boosters, I leveled up Cloaked to Silver! 15 assassin medals are required for gold! It's 2/15 so far...but I have to say: trying to get stealth kills is A LOT of fun to me. Being sneaky and following someone or getting the jump on them and snapping their neck feels SO SATISFYING. The thing that sucks is when you're trying to be sneaky, and your team mates either shoot at them spoiling your cover, or kill them before you snap their neck. Also, since you need 3 Oh Snap medals to get an assassin medal, there has been so many instances where I'll just be missing ONE "Oh Snap!" medal to get an assassin, but the match ends! UUUGGH!

I will level it up to gold! It's really useful, IMO.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
And Cloaked Gold GET!

I swear, those last 3 assassin medals took forever. Time to work on Power Hunter and Revenge (ewwww) next after I get gold on Team Safe (only 20 high fives to go). then I would have all the boosters of slot 2 to gold. Realistically, I can get all of the boosters to gold except Scoped In because it's fucking impossible. i'm a primary sniper user and I haven't had a single The Long Ranger medal.

Bonus video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODDCP-JfPMw

People never check their surroundings. lol

Twice in that video the stealth icon appeared, but it never registered till the third.

And Cloaked Gold GET!

I swear, those last 3 assassin medals took forever. Time to work on Power Hunter and Revenge (ewwww) next after I get gold on Team Safe (only 20 high fives to go). then I would have all the boosters of slot 2 to gold. Realistically, I can get all of the boosters to gold except Scoped In because it's fucking impossible. i'm a primary sniper user and I haven't had a single The Long Ranger medal.

Bonus video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODDCP-JfPMw

People never check their surroundings. lol

Twice in that video the stealth icon appeared, but it never registered till the third.

Oh man going for the hardest booster to level. The only advice I can give for Long Ranger is only try on High Rise and try to snipe near the water tower next to the propane tank and then try to kill people all the way near the Tbolt spawn area. This is the only way I have ever got one. The range is too great for most levels period. Good Luck, you are going to need it.

Concerning your bonus video, of course he missed twice, he wasn't even close to the target at all and the icon never appeared.

Top Bottom