• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake 3: Uncharted's Deception |OT| of awesome Multiplayer gaming

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Concerning your bonus video, of course he missed twice, he wasn't even close to the target at all and the icon never appeared.
When you watch a cinema file, the stealth icon never appears. The proof is at the end of the video when I "Oh Snapped" that player. No icon. It did appear two times when I melee'd the air like an idiot because it doesn't register for whatever reason.

I recently beat the SP and jumped into mp, I seriously had no idea what the hell all the additions were to the competitive mp. I'm seeing glowing players, treasure chests....

When I got into the grove of things though the maps are excellent and coop is great but crazy hard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wooooooooow @ all the DLC. Harry Flynn is a paid-for DLC, really ND? It's like you really don't want me to play your multiplayer after patch 1.05 UC2. :|

I know I can use the "customs" for free and all that, but damn it: I used Heist Flynn/Drake respectively for UC2's run. :|

Anyway, the little of the mutliplayer I've done is pretty good. I don't really like the sprint but the addition of hitmarkers and some new maps (I did play "The Museum" map from UC2's DLC packs...) is really good. As is the team spawning for deathmatch. I don't know if I like the power-plays + killstreak medal activation stuff yet, but for the most part it's a good tweak/tuning of UC2's multiplayer.

Wooooooooow @ all the DLC. Harry Flynn is a paid-for DLC, really ND? It's like you really don't want me to play your multiplayer after patch 1.05 UC2. :|

Really..I mean theres still a ton of skins available at the start and unlock-able ones. It's only 50 cents. Be thankful that ND allows you to only buy a single skin instead of an overpriced "pack"

Now people who bought the fortune hunters pack like me can complain a little.

Tuck

Finally got into the multiplayer, now that I have a week off. I gotta say - I'm pretty bad. I was actually surprised, cause I did decently in Uncharted 2. I died a lot, but also managed to get a fair amount of kills. Not so here, though yesterday afternoon I was starting to get better, so I'm hoping I go back to (And maybe surpass) my Uncharted 2 level.

Syria and Highrise are my favorite levels, just cause they are really nice for long range shooting. Desert village and the train level are pretty good too. Is Yemen still in the game? I played a ton of games yesterday but didn't see it even once - not even as a voting option.

gdt

Finally got into the multiplayer, now that I have a week off. I gotta say - I'm pretty bad. I was actually surprised, cause I did decently in Uncharted 2. I died a lot, but also managed to get a fair amount of kills. Not so here, though yesterday afternoon I was starting to get better, so I'm hoping I go back to (And maybe surpass) my Uncharted 2 level.

Syria and Highrise are my favorite levels, just cause they are really nice for long range shooting. Desert village and the train level are pretty good too. Is Yemen still in the game? I played a ton of games yesterday but didn't see it even once - not even as a voting option.

Yemen is pretty rare in TDM for some reason. Get the M9, that's when multi really got enjoyable for me (at least when I could start dominating.

Just went 24-10. Feels good man.

Still bullshit that uncharted 2 owners are buying the same skins again and none of the paid DLC carried over

I'm also really not feeling the competitive portion of the MP at all

hamchan

Still bullshit that uncharted 2 owners are buying the same skins again and none of the paid DLC carried over

I'm also really not feeling the competitive portion of the MP at all

I agree with this. I also think the first map pack just being remixed UC2 maps is stupid.

I also think that high level players have a huge advantage over lower leveled players, much more so compared to other games that have similar level and perk systems. All new players should probably play co-op first to level up and get some decent gear otherwise you just get murdered.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
All new players should probably play co-op first to level up and get some decent gear otherwise you just get murdered.

And it is very unfortunate that this seems to be the most valid advice anyone can give out to new players. I've read it here and I've read it over at the ND forums. It's a damn shame if you ask me, but you really can't do anything because matchmaking is terrible.

Man I tell you the last couple of days I have been raking in the 5 Not Alive and Rage medals nonstop. I almost had another Rampant like twice. These new comers are really helping me make my "best of" video lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I haven't got a single rampant medal yet. Mostly because I'm always on the side where all the low levels are at against higher level guys. I've got 3 medals of getting the 15 kill streak, but that's about it. For me, personally, I wouldn't feel proud if I got a rampant medal against new players. I'd feel more proud if I did it when I was playing against players around my skill level. I will say that it was awesome getting 3 consecutive five not alive medals against another party during a single match. they were fucking pissed. :lol <3 G-MAL.

I've been using Cutter's KAL-7 too and it's a great gun. Aiming with it is so much fun. People always assume I'm going to blindfire at them, and they're always surprised when I take them down with my trusty L1. Even better when I take down a FAL player. <3 <3

I have heard of people using Cutter's Kal7 and aiming with it. What makes it so much easier to aim with than the other Kal's? It's accuracy doesn't go up at all does it? If it does than it's barely anything.

I haven't got a single rampant medal yet. Mostly because I'm always on the side where all the low levels are at against higher level guys. I've got 3 medals of getting the 15 kill streak, but that's about it. For me, personally, I wouldn't feel proud if I got a rampant medal against new players. I'd feel more proud if I did it when I was playing against players around my skill level. I will say that it was awesome getting 3 consecutive five not alive medals against another party during a single match. they were fucking pissed. :lol <3 G-MAL.

Sorry for the double post but I wouldn't underestimate a player based on level. It's just a number and doesn't equate to skill. I have seen plenty of scrubby level 75's. Hell two days ago I saw a level 7 with a STAR. WTF how is that even possible!? Getting a rampant is hard. Not only do you have to play well but you have to play well quickly before the game ends and a single mistake on your part can end it all. In a game with instant RPGs and quickbooms and splitting grenades I think it's a great achievement against any player. Well unless you get a comatose player or someone who is literally on their first game.

You wanna face harder opponents and tired of getting stuck with garbage teamates (This I totaly get a lot too) and want to test your skills then team up. In my experience the hardest and most rewarding victories where when me and my buddies take down the other team that was a full party. Get on the GAF chat. There is quite a good group IMO. Get on and team up. If anybody wants in send me a message on PSN and let me know your from here and I'll add you.

PSN: SlasherMcGirk

farco1212

Neo Member
I'm on break for school and I have been playing the mess out of the multiplayer. Naughty Dog really did a superb job with it and I love the additions they made from UC2's multiplayer.

I really would like to get into this game competitively if that's even a possibility. Does GAF have a UC3 clan that I would be able to join?

If not, I would be down to play with some GAFers. add me, psn: farco1212

Anyone here got the infinite spinning ring glitch?

God damn its so fucking annoying, the fuck Naughty Dog.

Anyone have a fix for it? Already tried most of the "fixes" which Google throws up.

iLLmAtlc

Anyone here got the infinite spinning ring glitch?

God damn its so fucking annoying, the fuck Naughty Dog.

Anyone have a fix for it? Already tried most of the "fixes" which Google throws up.

It's happened to me too. Good to hear that it's not my 80gb fatty acting up. I have no idea on how to fix it since the problem doesn't have anything to do with our consoles or anything we can control, I'd reckon. There's also that bug in Uncharted 3 where you get stuck on a black screen but you can still hear people talk. Uncharted 2 MP had all sorts of gong show freezes too (like the console beeping, telling you it's busy when you try to power it down after playing MP). I think there might actually be fewer freezing bugs in Uncharted 3 than 2, but don't quote me on it.

C0D3

Neo Member
When I play it's mainly at night. At some point near the 2:00 or 3:00 PST mark there are alot of international players from Europe, Australia, sometimes Japan. Then big glitches happen like I shoot a person with almost a full clip, melee twice... and then he kills me with three bullets and a melee.
Does this happen to anyone else? It's fairly annoying.

hamchan

When I play it's mainly at night. At some point near the 2:00 or 3:00 PST mark there are alot of international players from Europe, Australia, sometimes Japan. Then big glitches happen like I shoot a person with almost a full clip, melee twice... and then he kills me with three bullets and a melee.
Does this happen to anyone else? It's fairly annoying.

I thought the massive health making it incredibly hard to kill people is a normal thing. I'm from Australia btw.

C0D3

Neo Member
I'm from Canada. Just got the FAL back tonight (since my first legacy). That weapon IS overpowered lol

Cornbread78

Does anyone in here happen to have an extra Starhawk BETA code they will not be using? I'd love it if I could get a couple for some buddies when the public BETA launches? Please PM me if you happen to have a free one. Please and Thank you!

Cheska

Has anyone had issues with the connection in MP lately? I find myself frequently getting the little icon symbolizing a broken connection despite having no problems with anything else.

Cheska: Question did this start happening after the recent update 1.03? Maybe you can delete that system file somehow and try redownloading it?

Thats all I can come up with.

I am starting to fear these map packs are going to split the community. The player diversity was really staggering last night. At least in U2 you could pick from Old maps and DLC maps.

Top Bottom