• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

You don't have the Japanese DLC downloaded do you? I think the option to switch may be bugged for us, will probably tweet at Square-Enix later in the day/tomorrow...

Just tried re-downloading the voice DLC and reinstalled it and nope, it's not an install problem. Option is simply not there to enable it - only thing showing up under the Costumes / Music menu is an option that pops up the DLC page on the PSN store. Disappointing, I would have just imported a US physical copy if it weren't for the JP voice preorder incentive.

Eusis

My Amazon order is rattling around. The disc is loose from the spindle. I haven't opened it yet, so I'm going to return it. I assume it's all scratched up in there.
It's a blu-ray. While it's possible I've seen TWO like that which were shipped from PA to CA for Christmas, saw what looked like scuffs... but cleaned them off and they were fine.

If it legit doesn't work though then yeah I'd definitely ask for a replacement, and keep the box around regardless.

EDIT: Also not surprised by the review scores. I figure it's something you come for the experience more than the gameplay, though I've seen some down on the story too. Well, that's why I said experience.

Just tried re-downloading the voice DLC and reinstalled it and nope, it's not an install problem. Option is simply not there to enable it - only thing showing up under the Costumes / Music menu is an option that pops up the DLC page on the PSN store. Disappointing, I would have just imported a US physical copy if it weren't for the JP voice preorder incentive.

Ah that's balls =/ will tweet Square-Enix later.

Man I just started this tonight, and it doesn't really leave a very good first impression, from the 30+ minute install to the framerate issues. I can't say too much about the gameplay, though, since I'm only in the first chapter, but one thing that is really annoying is that the camera feels too close and low, which is an issue because you're getting enemies all around you and I just feel claustrophobic. That combined with the bad camera controls makes playing the game feel like a bit of a chore at this point - hopefully this improves soon.

I'm kind of bummed, because I really really liked Nier, much like most everyone here. Took me a while to get in to it, but what a fantastic game...

Okay so I played my EU copy for a bit before I call it a day as my Japanese voice DLC is still downloading and yeah... the framerate is pretty catastrophic, the graphics and thus the locations from what I've seen so far seem bland, drab and uninspired, the camera problems are quite apparent and I just wish they wouldn't have used the UE3 Engine for this in hopes it would run better but... I'm having fun and enjoy playing it o.o It's the same phenomena I encountered with Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars on the GBA. The game is troubled by all sorts of technical issues but I don't mind it as much because...

the story so far seems very random after two missions but my main drive is... well I just want to know why Zero is like she is. I usually don't like evil characters but she's different, she doesn't seem fake as a character and very straight to the point, she just doesn't feel constructed. That's the word I was looking for I think and that in turns makes me want to play more, I want to see how the story turns out, it pulled me in from the first second :D Also I really like the portrayal of
dragons by Michaeal and Mikahel
so far, it seems somewhat different from the usual trope and the banter between Mikahel and Zero is just amusing and has a nice dynamic. I love how he always
(rightfully?) points out how irrational
she is and how she just doesn't care :p

That brings me to another point, as I said my Japanese voice DLC is still downloading and to my surprise I really enjoy the English dub :eek: It might or might not fit the source material but the banter of the enemies is often funny and Zero and Mikahel have fitting voices in my opinion.

So yeah after all the rightful negativity I'm glad I still seem to get my fair share of enjoyment out of this game so far :)

Astarte

My reaction to
ending B. This turned into some Mortal Kombat shit.
Even though this game started out disappointing, I want to see how they can top that hilarious moment.

3oJa9v8.jpg

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Did anybody pre-ordered from Play-Asia? Have you received it? According to their website, they are expecting the stock to arrive on 26th May 2014.

Yeah, I did. In the order details it says my order is being prepared and should ship on May 28. But I'm a little confused because I thought the Square Enix store had exclusivity for one month for the US version of the game.

Can you guys in the thread help me comprehend the game? Regarding Zero
What is her motivation? Wouldn't she want to kill all of humanity?

Oh, wow. Turning off the blood splatter, adjusting the camera speeds and switching off the chase cam seemed to help me out. Game is really starting to cook. :)

Astarte

Oh god this game's audio mixing is absolutely awful. One moment you're barely hearing conversations and the next Mikhail blows out your speakers.

Mik317

Played the first two missions.

I like it. The story and such will have to carry most of the game but I am enjoying the banter, the characters and I want to know what is going on. It does help to read the prequel novela if you have it (I think it is on the website too), really builds things up without spoiling much. Fills in some blanks it seems.

It isn't the most polished game however as the graphics are pretty bad, the lip sync is awful and there is some tearing. The framerate is super unstable as well. The latter two don't bother me.

It reminds me a lot of Alice Maddness Returns in terms of a game that the style and story and general unique nature will make me overlook the fact that the gameplay needs some work.

But so far I am enjoying it.

Oh god this game's audio mixing is absolutely awful. One moment you're barely hearing conversations and the next Mikhail blows out your speakers.

Yeah, noticed that last night when I had the headphones on. Haven't listened to much of the Japanese track yet but it seems appropriately normalized compared to the dub. Hope it stays that way...

Yeah, I did. In the order details it says my order is being prepared and should ship on May 28. But I'm a little confused because I thought the Square Enix store had exclusivity for one month for the US version of the game.

It was initially but it is no longer the case.

Does anybody know if there is anything particular about the English Asian version? It has English subtitles and voice-acting. Does it also have Japanese subtitles and voice-acting too?

Dio

Banned
Wait so we in EU are screwed when it comes to the Japanese VO pack? :|
What a load of crock

Well, it's why I have a Scottish friend who asked me to preorder him a copy of the game as well back in 2013. Digital River tried to tell me I didn't qualify for the preorder bonuses like the VO pack, but after a ton of emails and eventually having to send this image, I finally got them to crack.

http://i.minus.com/j3JuDkMjd3pOO.jpg

When I go back over there I'm bringing his copy, he already preloaded the VO pack from the code I just sent him on his PS3.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
It was initially but it is no longer the case.

Does anybody know if there is anything particular about the English Asian version? It has English subtitles and voice-acting. Does it also have Japanese subtitles and voice-acting too?

As far as I know it doesn't have Japanese subs or voices.

Groof

Well, it's why I have a Scottish friend who asked me to preorder him a copy of the game as well back in 2013. Digital River tried to tell me I didn't qualify for the preorder bonuses like the VO pack, but after a ton of emails and eventually having to send this image, I finally got them to crack.

http://i.minus.com/j3JuDkMjd3pOO.jpg

When I go back over there I'm bringing his copy, he already preloaded the VO pack from the code I just sent him on his PS3.
I was more talking about how it can't even be enabled even when installed.

For some reason game is not on my country PSN. I checked others, it's there, but missing from mine. Weird. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer or download it from US PSN if it will never show up here :/

Dio

Banned
I was more talking about how it can't even be enabled even when installed.

Well, DLC is console-wide, so all you have to do is make a US PSN, make a new console account for that PSN account, and then download it to that. Then your copy of the game will use the DLC for the game.

Holykael1

Banned
For all the people asking stuff regarding Zero, read the novella on the game's website, they have the backstory of her there and explain why she is a psycho.

Well, DLC is console-wide, so all you have to do is make a US PSN, make a new console account for that PSN account, and then download it to that. Then your copy of the game will use the DLC for the game.

The game and voice DLC are released in Europe, on the PAL PSN. The game (downloaded from PAL PSN) works as expected, but the DLC (also downloaded from PAL PSN) does not load correctly and/or display the option to enable it correctly (when run from a PAL PSN account).

If running it from a US PSN account fixes the problem then something is fundamentally screwy.

Zafir

Yeah but apparently people are reporting there isn't a place in the menu's to even swap to JP voices in the European version of the game. Not on about importing a US copy.

Dio

Banned
The game and voice DLC are released in Europe, on the PAL PSN. The game (downloaded from PAL PSN) works as expected, but the DLC (also downloaded from PAL PSN) does not load correctly and/or display the option to enable it correctly (when run from a PAL PSN account).

If running it from a US PSN account fixes the problem then something is fundamentally screwy.
Oh. I'm simply talking about running the US game on a EU PSN account, that's all. That sounds like a major fuck-up regarding the EU DLC.

Reknoc

managed to fit some play time in this morning, just to see what it's like. Seems like I'll definitely enjoy it, can't wait to start it proper when I get back home.

So, no japanese voices option for me despite downloading the 10 Go pack twice. Seems like it's the same for every EU customer around here ?
Apparently so, and not an install problem with another member redownloading and installing it to no avail. I've sent a tweet to Square-Enix Europe and hopefully they'll reply but probably better if more people tweeted as well.

The "Trial Runs" trophy must be glitched. I had used every party member many times, but the trophy unlocked when Cent gave me his gift, and he was paired with Dito in that mission!

This is my only gripe so far. Especially since I adjusted the mix so I could hear the music better during the game, and then every time a cutscene happens it's like twice the volume and it's blasting from all the speakers.

So, no japanese voices option for me despite downloading the 10 Go pack twice. Seems like it's the same for every EU customer around here ?

Poking around the internet a bit it seems like EU got version 1.00 of the game but the US launched with 1.01, and speculation is that 1.01 patched in the option. If that's the case it should suggest at least that the fix isn't too hard. But I have no idea if that's actually the case or not.

Jisgsaw

I was gonna ask if the J-Voices DLC is worth the time it takes to download (I'm from EU), maybe I'll wait a bit then.

But for those playing in english: how are the english voiceovers? Those of Nier were fucking great, if they're like that I'll not even bother with the DLC.

Really like it so far but damn the camera and framerate (once Mikhail gets involved) is JANK.

^^ pretty much this.

The dialogue is approaching hilarious in spots, but for some reason I can't stop putting Zero's words to Mitsuru's face. Someone backport these lines into Persona 3, please.

koutoru

This is from the SE's European Drakengard 3 forum about a user who contacted support about the DLC issue.

contacted support not very helpfull have alook.

You: Hi there got a copy of Drakengard 3 CE from your store yesterday however in Europe your JPN Audio DLC is broken
You: and it is been reporting by alot of people on your forums
You: when will this be fixed? since there should be a option to change the audio within audio settings on title screen but its not
You: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...171#post102171 is other people reporting the problem also
You: the US version got a day 1 patch to fix this issue but us in the EU have not
SEE Agent Cato: this is not related to the patch, the EU version was already updated before release
You: Then can you tell me why the JPN audio is not working?
SEE Agent Cato: we are looking into this issue at the moment, however, to solve this it has to be installed in a specific way
SEE Agent Cato: please delete all files related to Drakengard and re install the game, then install the DLC
You: That is quite tricky specialy when its 15gb for game then 10gb for audio
You: makes you think if should of went with disk instead
You: Is this a 100% fix then? does it work
SEE Agent Cato: there is no EU disk version
You: course not but you should off thought of doing it and not having these problems
SEE Agent Cato: we understand this is tricky and inconvenient and we apologise for the issue
SEE Agent Cato: however, at the moment we have no other fix, until our team has finished investigating this further
You: Payed 59.99 for the EN edition its quite bad that there is issues like frame rate drops and stuttering again which US got a fix for
You: So has it been proven to work if I redownload the game again for 9 hours
You: to reinstall the game then audioo
SEE Agent Cato: the US had a disk version that got a patch, the EU version was updated before release, they should be the same
SEE Agent Cato: this is the information we have from Head Office for a fix for the moment

They tell us to uninstall the game and re download
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=2793&page=6

Edit:
For people that have the EU version, when you get to the title screen, before you press start, does it say "Ver. 1.01" in the bottom right hand corner?
If that's not there than it's not Ver. 1.01.

Zafir

^^ pretty much this.

The dialogue is approaching hilarious in spots, but for some reason I can't stop putting Zero's words to Mitsuru's face. Someone backport these lines into Persona 3, please.
Haha, I was having the same issue. Totally jarring considering how vastly different they are.

This is from the SE's European Drakengard 3 forum about a user who contacted support about the DLC issue.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=2793&page=6

Hey S-E Eu FU will we redownload 25 GB:
And atomicstrawberry has shown it doesn't work.
Same actress? Interesting.

She is, also same actress for Tekken's Anna

Does turning off splatter improve the framerate or something?

Nah, it just makes everything easier to see during moments of chaos.

Really wish you could turn off the health bars over the enemies heads. They already have a health bar at the bottom of the screen, having both seems like overkill.

Didn't really understand the zero novella.

Assuming I wont get spoiled if I read them all, am I correct? Did they release before the game?
Nah, it just makes everything easier to see during moments of chaos.

Really wish you could turn off the health bars over the enemies heads. They already have a health bar at the bottom of the screen, having both seems like overkill.

Yeah the health bars are kinda annoying. I gotta say though, the combo counter is pretty stylish.

jorgeton

Yah, the pick-up-and-play style of the game REALLY makes me wish this was released on the Vita instead of the PS3. Ah well.

I'm enjoying it on the big screen, actually. More immersive to me that way. I usually play handheld games muted, so I'd miss all of the ridiculous conversations the characters have. In a perfect world, this would be a great cross-play title.

Chapter 2 gameplay spoilers
the dragon parts are really good in this chapter! I wish the initial dragon stages in Chap. 1 weren't so bad, as the on-rails sequence and boss fight in chapter 2 are pretty neat.

Top Bottom