• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Skyr

huh? Just because a cat always lands that way does not mean gravity stops existing for them. It can hurt when you land from jumping from too high. You can break something
Nah I get it it’s a nono.

It’s just that people wouldn’t try to cancel you from existence when you do that in regular life.

My point Is you can’t make a mistake in the internet without having a million demons pounce on you and trying to rip you into tiny pieces. It wouldn’t be the life I want to live.

Life

If he and his family are fine - can we just drop this for now? I've come back to this thread so many times to see if there's an actual update - but it's just this spiral of speculation. I'm not worried for him or his family, or his financial situation.

It’s just that people wouldn’t try to cancel you from existence when you do that in regular life.

My point Is you can’t make a mistake in the internet without having a million demons pounce on you and trying to rip you into tiny pieces. It wouldn’t be the life I want to live.
I was just joking about cancelling that lady, not really a fan of calling for bans on people. I think making out with your dog for views is worse.

still as this is the topic getting people deplatformed is the trend
I am waiting for this guy's video on DOC

I was just joking about cancelling that lady, not really a fan of calling for bans on people. I think making out with your dog for views is worse.

still as this is the topic getting people deplatformed is the trend
I am waiting for this guy's video on DOC

Ahh, I haven't seen this douchy, clickbaity, low effort, blowhard in a while. Purged my feed of these annoying ass channels over a year ago.

TriSuit666

Banned

I think - as we've seen, it's more a pattern of Twitch enabling this type of behaviour with certain streamers while removing other 'undesirables' for less.

I guess if the price for Dr getting removed from Twitch is them giving us the Deer Cosplayer, then you should have a good idea where to place your subscriptions in future.

7940f72cb3c1cb274c191214c1e1dee4.gif

nosseman

My guess - Twitch has a contract with DrDisrespect that has some rules - for example exclusivity and so on.

Twitch found out that he was pretty far in negotiations with another streaming site (or something like that) and checked the contract with their lawyers and come to the conclusion that he was in breach of contract.

So, they send him a mail that say that they know what is happening and that they intend to sue him.

DrDisrespect is quite used to lawsuits (he makes a lot of money - he has to have a lawyer) so the first thing he does is that he contact his lawyer and the lawyer say that he should shut up until they can sort this mess out.

There is probably some discussions going on and that is why Twitch and DrDisrespect is quiet. Both want to get what they want so you do not want to derail the whole process. DrDisrespect probably has a clause in his contract that say that he cant discuss this very thing if there is a legal battle.

MiguelItUp

Can you elaborate?
Not really, because this thread has derailed quite a bit too much already. Just wanted to say him labeling himself as a lawyer in it doesn't really give him much more leverage. From my understanding he seems more like a YouTuber than a respected lawyer. There's plenty of articles and sources out there revolving around the Vic Mignogna case that don't paint him too pretty.

That being said, do any of you ever suspect we'll hear anything about this from anyone? Like, legitimately? I'm getting to a point where we won't hear anything at all, lmao.

Not really, because this thread has derailed quite a bit too much already. Just wanted to say him labeling himself as a lawyer in it doesn't really give him much more leverage. From my understanding he seems more like a YouTuber than a respected lawyer. There's plenty of articles and sources out there revolving around the Vic Mignogna case that don't paint him too pretty.

That being said, do any of you ever suspect we'll hear anything about this from anyone? Like, legitimately? I'm getting to a point where we won't hear anything at all, lmao.
Lol, I've been following the Vic case religiously. I've never seen 1 thing that makes Nick look bad, ever. I'd be willing to address this further in PM's.

MiguelItUp

Lol, I've been following the Vic case religiously. I've never seen 1 thing that makes Nick look bad, ever. I'd be willing to address this further in PM's.
There are a ton of articles out there that revolve around this whole situation. I honestly don't want to as the situation is kind of personal to me, I'm so done talking about it, haha.

A doctor of oncology doesn't push cancer on people but tries to cure it, so I think a doctor of disrespect should actually be curing disrespect. This is probably why he was banned. False advertising!
See this is why I NEVER went to the hospital before, I thought they gave you these illnesses! Now I'll go have that strange bump checked.

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
Seems like a lot of hearsay. I was hoping we were going to hear something this week, but if it went to legal matters behind close doors, it could be a while before we hear anything official.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I can’t believe Microsoft signed Ninja instead of this guy. This guy clearly has the attention of all different gamer groups, even when he isn’t streaming.

Enjay

Banned
I had forgot all about this thing in the wake of the proxy war being fought over the last of us 2. I'm still betting he was banned over some as of yet to be revealed sexual assault allegation.

MarkyG

I can’t believe Microsoft signed Ninja instead of this guy. This guy clearly has the attention of all different gamer groups, even when he isn’t streaming.

Doc had no interest in going to Mixer. He made it perfectly clear many times during his streams. I suspect he received offers. He always maintained his place was with Twitch.

Barakov

Banning him to opt out of paying him for the deal they made due to mixer closing down makes sense....

Sounds very plausible. And given Twitch's history over the past couple of years it sounds very likely. It just seems to me they would gain more money over time to have him continue streaming on the platform. I'm still of the mind that someone on Twitch's side fucked up badly and that's why we have haven't heard much of anything from either side.

Then again, if they went through stream footage(like the youtube indicated) and found some arbitrary reason to permaban him then I think this casts a very dark shadow on Twitch as a whole. This means they can do this to anyone at anytime. If something like that gets out that's the kinda thing that could possibly ruin twitch. The fact that Twitch kinda plays favorites with certain streams kinda reinforces this.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Dr. Disrespect can't revive his Twitch account. So, I guess you can say that...

[puts on shades]

...he's certainly not a medical doctor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom