• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I don't watch this guy, but it sure is intriguing. I'm sure it's about contracts and money, but why no sign of life at all on twitter? That's actually kind of weird. It doesn't even have to be relevant to the ban, just anything.

Banned
I don't watch this guy, but it sure is intriguing. I'm sure it's about contracts and money, but why no sign of life at all on twitter? That's actually kind of weird. It doesn't even have to be relevant to the ban, just anything.

Could be his lawyers telling him to sit still so there's no potential for him to fuck up any negotiations.
I have no Idea... but that's what I guess is the case.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Dr. Disrespect can't revive his Twitch account. So, I guess you can say that...

[puts on shades]

...he's not a good doctor.
office-door-close-gif-5245718.gif

I can give a fuck about Twitch streamers. (Good for them, easy money) I just think he definitely knows what he did. That last bit of his stream he sounded bananas. He acted so guilty. Then again. This might be amazon trying to find any excuse to get rid of that horrible contract. Its Dr.Disrespectmywife Vs Co.PayUmillionsnot2twitch.

tryDEATH

This has got to be a contractual issue or someone somewhere would have leaked whats going on by now, but because it all lawyers nothing is getting leaked. Would not be surprised Twitch/Amazon is trying to screw him over the way he ripped them off for that contract.

At least its nothing personal that will effect his family negatively.

TriSuit666

Banned
Dr. Disrespect can't revive his Twitch account. So, I guess you can say that...

[puts on shades]

...he's certainly not a medical doctor.

Shush. He's the TWO TIME Dr Dr!

(and yes, you can be a Dr. Dr. for realses realses in realses lifeses, precioussss)

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I don't know whether or not this has already been posted, but in the following video Richard discusses a theory about why Dr. Disrespect has been banned.

The theory postulates that Twitch entered a contract agreement with Dr. Disrespect that stipulated that Dr. Disrespect was to stream exclusively with Twitch and that Twitch did this because Twitch feared that Dr. Disrespect would leave Twitch for Mixer.

However, when Microsoft announced that they're going to terminate Mixer, Twitch concluded that their contract agreement with Dr. Disrespect was no longer necessary and was a waste of money (since the contract stipulated that Dr. Disrespect would be paid millions by Twitch).

Hence, according to the theory, Twitch contrived a basis upon which they could terminate their contract with Dr. Disrespect, which required them to cite him for violating their terms of service and ban him from their platform.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't know whether or not this has already been posted, but in the following video Richard discusses a theory about why Dr. Disrespect has been banned.

The theory postulates that Twitch entered a contract agreement with Dr. Disrespect that stipulated that Dr. Disrespect was to stream exclusively with Twitch and that Twitch did this because Twitch feared that Dr. Disrespect would leave Twitch for Mixer.

However, when Microsoft announced that they're going to terminate Mixer, Twitch concluded that their contract agreement with Dr. Disrespect was no longer necessary and was a waste of money (since the contract stipulated that Dr. Disrespect would be paid millions by Twitch).

Hence, according to the theory, Twitch contrived a basis upon which they could terminate their contract with Dr. Disrespect, which required them to cite him for violating their terms of service and ban him from their platform.

Hmmmm...... that would interesting if true.

That would be like a normal company trying to get rid of someone based on breaking trivial policies like don't use the photocopier for personal stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
I just don't know if I buy it completely. Breaking your contract just because you don't feel like paying anymore is guaranteed to bring on lots of legal trouble.

Also, Doc isn't the only streamer who has been given a large exclusivity contract. I assume his was the biggest, but many other streamers like Summit, JoshOG, and more have been given contracts recently.

Not to mention, Facebook actually has paid streamers to switch over as well. So there is still the possibility of streamers taking paydays from competing platforms, so securing Doc isn't completely worthless overnight just because Mixer is folding into Facebook.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I just don't know if I buy it completely. Breaking your contract just because you don't feel like paying anymore is guaranteed to bring on lots of legal trouble.

Also, Doc isn't the only streamer who has been given a large exclusivity contract. I assume his was the biggest, but many other streamers like Summit, JoshOG, and more have been given contracts recently.

Not to mention, Facebook actually has paid streamers to switch over as well. So there is still the possibility of streamers taking paydays from competing platforms, so securing Doc isn't completely worthless overnight just because Mixer is folding into Facebook.
Perhaps Dr. Disrespect was the only contractor for whom Twitch could find a basis to terminate.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I still maintain we haven't heard anything because of a dispute on the Dr. Disrespect character. He's only tweeted once and I think all the silence is around a breach of contract and Twitch are arguing they own Dr. Disrespect. So essentially the 'character/persona' has been fridged. If it was something like switching platforms then would he get the same audience rebranding or just going by his real name? I think that's why the tweet said 'he was done' on all platforms as well. Not him personally, but the persona/character he would take with him. I can only imagine a clause has been overlooked or is so unintelligibly worded that it's got lawyers arguing and loopholing all day.

Flintty

If this turns out to be true, the fuckery of Twitch goes beyond Doc and will need to be called out by all streamers. If they’re willing to fuck the golden goose you can be sure they’ll sling one up all the other chickens if needed. Mass boycott required. Can’t see it happening though as it doesn’t fit a SJW agenda.

Perhaps is Doc was trans...

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Yeah this is taking the back seat to anything involving the last of us 2 and fighting game tournament gangbangs. Oh but happy to know he's still banned at least.

Banned
imagine if he just comes back in a few days as if nothing happened?

just like his sponsors dropped him from all promo banners and then really quickly put him back up again.

maybe he's currently negotiating with Twitch about what happened and they agree that both parties will just not speak about it publicly lol.

xD would be the most hilariously anticlimactic outcome for sure

I guess the reason this topic has as many pages as it does is that it is still a mystery as to why he was banned. Conspirary theories and rumors are all we have for now, so a lot of members are speculating.

Edit: I've never seen his streams although I do know he is and I'm admittedly curious.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
It's a comment on how sad this forum is, I suppose. New game announcements get a few pages. A streamer commits suicide and gets 4. This? 26 pages and still going strong.
God's gift to streaming has basically been murdered. Frankly I'm disappointed in Gaf that we aren't at 100 pages yet. I say we tear down Mt Rushmore and replace it with 4 Docs.

MiguelItUp

It's a comment on how sad this forum is, I suppose. New game announcements get a few pages. A streamer commits suicide and gets 4. This? 26 pages and still going strong.
Eh, if anything this just feels like a sad comment TBH. Felt pretty unnecessary.

Yes, because Doc is one of the largest and most successful streamers in the industry. Then he was suddenly banned and no one knows why. Even other streamers are frothing at the gash wondering exactly what happened. Some major media outlets too.

There have been no large or popular game announcements since this occurred. Though plenty of traction in one of the many TLOU2 threads, and then some GoT threads. But why even bring up the Reckful thread? That type of news shouldn't even be comparable to the other examples. It's unfortunate and sad, of course. But aside from sharing a few links there's not much else to be said there. I honestly don't think a ton of people here kept up with Reckful and that's no one's fault.

Top Bottom