• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickfut

Banned
so I've set my T500RS up to my PS4 for the first time and it hasn't popped up anything, neither has it registered as a peripheral in my settings.

I'm hoping this is perfectly normal ?

NotBacon

I checked out the gamersyde vids and they all have the hud, boooooooo.

Any kickass HD videos that showcase the gameplay without the hud?

viveks86

Yeah I'm usually hud-less, but when I'm not that red text is persistent. It'll scroll through the text for a few seconds, go away, then appear again and again.

Interesting. I switch the HUD on only for drift events, so may be I didn't notice them reappearing since the are pretty short.

I didn't think it would work but it ended up to be quite easy to return Driveclub to Target this morning even though its been opened and played. I don't hate the game but I also don't think its a game I must have right now. I forsee myself picking this up again in late November for $20 or less. Hopefully it will be working properly by then too.

Yeah ummm... I got bad news for you two.

Even if you menage to get online and be a part of a club. As soon as you disconnect all your club level cars will be locked again.
No idea who's bright idea that was but yeah... That needs tto be fixed too.
II WANT MY GOLF GTI BACK DAMMIT!

Unbelievable.

Game has been in top 10 on Amazon UK for while now even though there has been no doubt numerous digital sales. Despite the problems people are still buying it. And will be adding to server issues!

Stillmatic

@VegemiteThunder

I managed to log on long enough this morning to make a club, woo, so we're good! It took me a few reconnects, but managed to send out club invites. I sent one to everyone but Hamchan (EvilHamchan) as I didn't have him on my friends list at the time.

le-seb

so I've set my T500RS up to my PS4 for the first time and it hasn't popped up anything, neither has it registered as a peripheral in my settings.

Yes, as a USB legacy device, it's not recognized by the console.
DriveClub will detect it's there and use it automatically, though.

Only complaints I have so far with mine in DC:
- I feel the FFB is a bit low, even at 100%
- if you use manual transmission, DC won't let you rev down from 5th to 3rd, say
- as the DS4 controls are disabled with the wheel plugged, you don't have access to the Home shortcut (touchpad click), and no way to map it to the unused keys on the wheel, like L3/R3

But all in all, it's a very satisfying experience.

wickfut

Banned

- if you use manual transmission, DC won't let you rev down from 5th to 3rd, say
- as the DS4 controls are disabled with the wheel plugged, you don't have access to the Home shortcut (touchpad click), and now way to map it to the unused keys on the wheel, like L3/R3

thanks for that. 30 mins to go! :)

Hoje0308

Banned

- as the DS4 controls are disabled with the wheel plugged, you don't have access to the Home shortcut (touchpad click), and no way to map it to the unused keys on the wheel, like L3/R3

The gas pedal doubles as a home button for me.

Sami+

Have you figured out reversing yet? I've managed to downshift into the R setting, but pushing the gas doesn't do anything.

Driveclub |OT2| Cloudy with a chance of Connectivity

ibdrYkNbPvSE7s.gif

le-seb

The gas pedal doubles as a home button for me.
I need to test that, really cool if that's the case!
You own a T500, too?

Have you figured out reversing yet? I've managed to downshift into the R setting, but pushing the gas doesn't do anything.
Sorry, I haven't tried with automatic transmission yet, and it's too late for me to try now.
Maybe something I've forgotten to say yesterday is that you need to press the brakes pedal while downshifting to engage the reverse gear.
Try that, maybe?

25 mins now UK gaf! Can't wait to get a few races in and inevitably be a zombie for work tomorrow. Fuck it. Who works 100% on a friday anyway!......

EVO you better be working 100% tomorrow with these servers...

madp0k

Feel slightly bad that I'm going press the x button in 20 odd minutes and the internet is going to break :(

button still getting pressed,feel sorry for the servers, can't wait

MJLord

Feel slightly bad that I'm going press the x button in 20 odd minutes and the internet is going to break :(

button still getting pressed,feel sorry for the servers, can't wait

Yeah sorry guys I gotta get a 10 minute fix before I have to sleep ready for Uni tomorrow.

If you EU folk could kindly just turn off your PS4s and not play so we NA users can keep spamming the servers with traffic requests, that would be great :D

Hoje0308

Banned
I need to test that, really cool if that's the case!
You own a T500, too?

Sorry, I haven't tried with automatic transmission yet, and it's too late for me to try now.
Maybe something I've forgotten to say yesterday is that you need to press the brakes pedal while downshifting to engage the reverse gear.
Try that, maybe?

No, went with the T100, but they're both Thrustmaster and are using the same USB legacy system, so hopefully it works for you.

Just wondering, but if you are in a Club and racing offline, does the fame you earn offline synchronise with the Club fame when you get online?

rnaud

Wow, I just followed gaf's advice. Removed all HUD, it looks incredible.

I just played the second race of the Italian performance cup. The sense of speed is crazy, I was scared to accelerate. This game is just amazing.

Kyleoty

Neo Member

Mine didnt either and it only did its calibration spin. The other thing you need to know is that if you change the Degree of turning with the Mode button and the left D pad at the same time it resets each race. Dose it on the GT6 as well. I have mine set for 360' and thats a good turn radius for me. but I have to press that combo of buttons at the beginning of each race. A pain in the but but like I said im used to it from doing it before each race on GT6

I know a lot of people in here are frustrated, but I've seen enough interviews with Rushy to feel like he's a genuinely nice guy, and I am confident his team is doing everything they can to get things working.

I also understand people have a right to be angry that the thing they paid for isn't working.

With that said, I think there's enough anger out there at Evolution that I don't really need to contribute. I tweeted my support to him and wished them luck fixing everything, I encourage anyone here who wants to, to do the same. You can tweet @Rushy33 or @Driveclub.

People forget that even though this is a company making a game for profit, the individual people are still humans and they have feelings too. Calling them scum and liars is still pretty cruel.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom