• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, this is the only racing game I've ever played where crashes make me tense up and have a sort of internal panic. Cockpit view w/ no HUD is fantastic.

Sp33Demon

Servers have NEVER worked for me so no mulitplayer or club stuff but damn if this isn't the best "feeling" driving game I have ever played. I have not really even missed the online stuff. They found that magic sweet spot with the physics. It's way more sim than arcade and there feels like there are no crutches. If you nail a great lap, YOU nailed a great lap. Even the drifting is a labor of love. Once you get to the upper tier stuff, shit gets real. Tracks are excellent (save for the track with the observatories) and I think the car selection is really good (needs love for USA and Japan makes though).

If I have any gripe that makes this game hard to play is the AI is aggressive and ruthless. That combined with relatively narrow tracks, the game sometimes feels like bumper cars. That's the one facet that pulls the game back closer to the arcade side.

For grins, I played on the downstairs TV set to 120Hz motion interpolation and gotta say this game looks so boss at 60fps but still plays great at 30.

Ran rp

:\

jX2WhogDM3DX6.png

bombshell

Driveclub It's not just the numbers Steven, it's the social activity and updates between the players that is pushing the servers to their limits. This didn't happen during the beta trial or under load testing throughout development.

The issues with server performance are not related to the delay. Also, we've done a significant amount of beta and server load testing before launching the servers and they've never hit their limits before, so this is a new problem and we're doing everything we can to get passed it so that you can play online and enjoy the game.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/708027809281582

"But we forgot to test the impact of people having huge friends lists, so a big fuck you to DRIVECLUB-GAF"

NotBacon

Red text goes away only if you set OSD opacity to 0. But everything else will go away too. The red text shows just for a few seconds at the start right?

Yeah I'm usually hud-less, but when I'm not that red text is persistent. It'll scroll through the text for a few seconds, go away, then appear again and again.

If you're near your PS4 you should try to get on. I've been connected three times in the last 90 minutes. Mayyyyybe we can activate our club before the weekend. Maybe.

I have a hockey game right after work so I won't be home until later tonight :( Probably 11 or 12 EST. But I'll definitely give it a go - that sounds promising. I still have not been on the servers at all since maybe 5-10 minutes after the game unlocked (over 2 days ago).

Edit: You said you managed to create the club though, right? We just need to get invites to everyone and accept them?

Hoje0308

Banned
I have a hockey game right after work so I won't be home until later tonight :( Probably 11 or 12 EST. But I'll definitely give it a go - that sounds promising. I still have not been on the servers at all since maybe 5-10 minutes after the game unlocked (over 2 days ago).

Edit: You said you managed to create the club though, right? We just need to get invites to everyone and accept them?

Okay. Hopefully we can activate it soon because I'm almost done with the tour.

I made the club and sent out invites.

darkwing

So the wifi crapped out on my PS4 for some reason and Driveclub kicked me out of an offline race I was doing. The fuck? Do you need an active internet connection to play this game offline?

You probably were connected to the DC servers while in the race, when it dc'd, it kicked you out

Okay. Hopefully we can activate it soon because I'm almost done with the tour.

I made the club and sent out invites.

Holy crap haha well done. I only have 15 stars....have just been doing time trials for the most part. Gonna do the tour stuff once I can contribute to our club rank

Mononoke

Banned
Man, the more I play this game, the more impressed I get. I was racing on some of the snow/mountain levels. One of them had you drive under these purple lit tunnels, and as you make your way around corners you see little bon fires and small villages. Then on one of the time challenges, you are racing up the mountain and it eventually becomes night. The entire road is lit up by red lights, and you see the entire skybox stars.

Simply stunning. I really think this game is much better than Forza 5. It just sucks that I. The server issues and II. That the game didn't provide more customization and content (with the cars). I think if they had more of that, then this game would be clearly better. For me, it's personally better just because I like the driving mechanics more, and the racing tracks + all the dynamic stuff makes it much more enjoyable.

Hoje0308

Banned
Holy crap haha well done. I only have 15 stars....have just been doing time trials for the most part. Gonna do the tour stuff once I can contribute to our club rank

It's been pretty easy going so far. The Legend races have been pretty easy so far. I had to modify the brake pedal on the T100 though. Shit was too steep at first and was causing my foot to cramp.

Oh, and I've been disconnected again.

TheBear

I have created a club but not have been able to get back online for anyone to join it, so I'm still listed as a free agent. Can I only earn points towards the club when it has been activated? Will the points be backdated from when I opened the club?

I have created a club but not have been able to get back online for anyone to join it, so I'm still listed as a free agent. Can I only earn points towards the club when it has been activated? Will the points be backdated from when I opened the club?

I belive the club needs at least 1 more member (2 total) before it's "official" and you start earning points towards it.

barit

Damn DriveClub on Vita looks insane. Almost b-roll footage good haha

To bad that controls are kinda tricky with the Vita sticks :/

NeoRausch

Need a club. Must unlock level one car. Lost all hope. Send help.
^ me too ;_;

deoee0... please... give me Clublove

Yeah ummm... I got bad news for you two.

Even if you menage to get online and be a part of a club. As soon as you disconnect all your club level cars will be locked again.
No idea who's bright idea that was but yeah... That needs tto be fixed too.
II WANT MY GOLF GTI BACK DAMMIT!

SxP

I was finally online when booting the game just now. Pressed triangle to go the social hub and immediately got disconnected. That's just perfect.

Was deciding between this and forza horizon 2. Enjoyed the fh2 demo and wanted to try driveclub demo/plus version too. Went ahead and bought forza. They only have themselves to blame.

TheBear

Even if you menage to get online and be a part of a club. As soon as you disconnect all your club level cars will be locked again.

Wow that blows

What if you get into your Golf GTI, hop on a time trial and just leave the game running. lol.

Will it kick you out of your car and leave you in the ditch if you get disconnected?

Loudninja

Gestault

Since they've hinted that community feedback will influence things like cars/tracks being added, I feel like that's a pretty small thing to fix. Definitely a sore thumb though, given the situation.

Evolution should just have called this open-access Beta and did the whole Destiny 10 year plan PR nonsense...

I'm buying it though guys, I know you've worked hard on it. Just waiting for the photo mode/dynamic weather/network stability, plus still busy with Destiny.

Topi

Banned
Fuck that time trial trophy, I've done it at least 5 times but haven't gotten the trophy.

Yeah, so, it seems like the trick is do disconnect your PS4 from the internet before trying to get this trophy. That way the time trial lap times sync correctly and you get the trophy without problems. I guess if you are online, the game tries to upload your lap times, but if that gets stuck the lap times can't be compared and everything gets fucked up.

What? Goddammit.
Glad i got that fast lap just in time. As long as you're driving the car, it won't get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom