• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If you guys have DriveClub Gaf on your friends list then make sure you send any challenges to them that way we can all see them in the Challenges>Solo>Friends Challenges. (in theory unless it means Friends [created] Challenges and not Friends [received] Challenges).

newjeruse

10896314_10102949546941163_4261773734008963204_o.jpg

My 2nd platinum and my first real platinum (first was The Walking Dead).

Shaneus

I don't even know what the qualifications are for the Platinums. I haven't trophy chased in this game at all, I just get the occasional "ding" when I finish doing something. Hell, I only just got my first accolade the other day (for drifting).

A5iv0yY.png

Gen X

I don't even know what the qualifications are for the Platinums. I haven't trophy chased in this game at all, I just get the occasional "ding" when I finish doing something. Hell, I only just got my first accolade the other day (for drifting).

A5iv0yY.png

A Platinum is unlocked once all other trophies from the vanilla game have been unlocked.

And comparing your trophies to mine you only have a few to go. _b

NJShadow

A5iv0yY.png

Funny enough, Accolade made racing games ala Test Drive 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBw8BQjk0E

But yeah, I'm waiting until I completely finish tour mode to go for a platinum, all other trophies earned during that time are just gravy.

nib95

Banned
All the stars left in the tour are in events that I really hate. This sucks :-/
There's a big post/guide someone made somewhere on GAF that might help you with drifting events, perhaps someone else can link it?

Honestly once you get it its really fun and actually quite easy. I actually find that Drift events in this game are not so strictly starred.

Shaneus

Funny enough, Accolade made racing games ala Test Drive 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBw8BQjk0E

But yeah, I'm waiting until I completely finish tour mode to go for a platinum, all other trophies earned during that time are just gravy.
Ah yeah, I kinda knew that. I go all the way back to the original Test Drive, The Cycles and Grand Prix Circuit :)

A Platinum is unlocked once all other trophies from the vanilla game have been unlocked.

And comparing your trophies to mine you only have a few to go. _b
Sweet! Maybe I will trophy hunt.

Nyx

Ah yeah, I kinda knew that. I go all the way back to the original Test Drive, The Cycles and Grand Prix Circuit :)

Sweet! Maybe I will trophy hunt.

The original Test Drive and Grand Prix Circuit were my most played games on my Amiga.
Seems like a past life haha

nib95

Banned
Hey Nibz, did you get a 1:15:.... on the indian track in only one try? That's ridiculous.:p

Tamil Nadu? As in the Venom Hot Lap? Oh God no, first time around it took me loads of tries. But I booted it up again yesterday or the day before and managed to get a few 1:15's in just 10 or so tries, the best being 1:15.183. I reckon I could probably crack a sub 1:15 time, but not sure it's worth the time investment, as it would certainly take quite a few attempts. That and I've yet to touch the second Venom Hot lap, which I've heard is even harder!

Shaneus

I must be stupid, but I only just realised that the scores in the club challenges were *cumulative*, at least for drift events. One of the drift events I was sure my club wasn't doing so well in came second, and I see it's because it wasn't just me who entered, but Gen X as well and our scores accrued.

Fuck, wish I'd known this before!

Fake edit: Wait, I think in the club challenges, it shows two different things: The total points earned per team, and the team with the winning time/drift points. So the team who finishes #1 with points may well not win the challenge if the #1 driver was solo in team B but team A had 6 entrants.

viveks86

Fake edit: Wait, I think in the club challenges, it shows two different things: The total points earned per team, and the team with the winning time/drift points. So the team who finishes #1 with points may well not win the challenge if the #1 driver was solo in team B but team A had 6 entrants.

Huh? No. You just get more fame. You still need to have the best individual score to win.

nib95

Banned
Side note, a few weeks back I noticed how each droplet of water on your windscreen reflects stuff around it. Pretty insane attention to detail. Here's a gameplay capture that acts as a good example.

DRIVECLUBtrade_20141208180232.jpeg~original

nib95

Banned
Just got this and it made my day, thanks a bunch EVO.

Waiting patiently for that sweet Japan DLC and replay mode.

Damn I'm jealous. Now I need to try and win some of these Evo challenges lol. Truth be told you were one of the reasons I haven't tried yet lol! You're insanely skilled at the game dude. Well deserved.

Tamil Nadu? As in the Venom Hot Lap? Oh God no, first time around it took me loads of tries. But I booted it up again yesterday or the day before and managed to get a few 1:15's in just 10 or so tries, the best being 1:15.183. I reckon I could probably crack a sub 1:15 time, but not sure it's worth the time investment, as it would certainly take quite a few attempts. That and I've yet to touch the second Venom Hot lap, which I've heard is even harder!
I thought it was easier, got it on I believe my third attempt, but then maybe that is just because as time has passed I have become better at the game!

Vaga

Damn I'm jealous. Now I need to try and win some of these Evo challenges lol. Truth be told you were one of the reasons I haven't tried yet! You're insanely skilled at the game dude. Well deserved.

Thanks, I admit I got lucky because it was the first challenge and not many good drivers were aware of it. And after that wheel users came and that was the end of it lol.

Nah, one of the challenges you participated in. The one with the Ferrari.

Gen X

I must be stupid, but I only just realised that the scores in the club challenges were *cumulative*, at least for drift events. One of the drift events I was sure my club wasn't doing so well in came second, and I see it's because it wasn't just me who entered, but Gen X as well and our scores accrued.

Fuck, wish I'd known this before!

It was because I had the 2nd highest score. You need to highlight the team to see who has entered and their individual place. I believe you were 5th overall.

The way you mentioned though would encourage more team mates to enter though if it was overall team scores.

Nyx

But was that a RX-7 in the preview video of the Japan track? (not the player's car but one in front of him)

Drifters

DLC car guess sweepstakes? , lets see what you all think.

Got to be a Skyline in there, a Japanese DLC without a Skyline would be a travesty!

I would bet:
- Skyline (various vintages)
- RX-7 maybe RX-8
- Civic Hatch Type S
- Nissan 370Z (or whatever the current Z is)
- Mitsu EVO (fingers crossed)
- WRX STI (fingers double crossed)
- BRX (triple fingers crossed)

I'm guessing 5 cars at best.

danowat

Banned
I would bet:
- Skyline (various vintages)
- RX-7 maybe RX-8
- Civic Hatch Type S
- Nissan 370Z (or whatever the current Z is)
- Mitsu EVO (fingers crossed)
- WRX STI (fingers double crossed)
- BRX (triple fingers crossed)

I'm guessing 5 cars at best.

Nice shouts, some of those should be definitely possible, however, the C6 Z1 Vette was a bit of a curveball, not really the first car you think of when considering a Japanese track DLC!!!

nib95

Banned
Damn, got a 3:28 in the Renault Invitational Tour but the servers are down and my time didn't update. Going to try and beat Shannow's 3:26 time when the servers are back up. Only person on my list that's currently faster. Top 25 in the world!

Nyx

Damn, got a 3:28 in the Renault Invitational Tour but the servers are down and my time didn't update. Going to try and beat Shannow's 3:26 time when the servers are back up. Only person on my list that's currently faster. Top 25 in the world!

If I recall correctly, Shannow once said to me here ''I will add you on PSN cause I suck too''
Then I see all his challenges, try some, and notice he is like 10-20 seconds better than I am.

I feel cheated.. ;-)

Skii

2013 Chevy Corvette ZR1
620 HP
Will be in the super car class, which is an entirely different class than the Stingray. The other two you mentioned were all in the same class.

Fair enough but it's just a bit annoying that we are receiving very similar cars when the roster is already so small.

DLC car guess sweepstakes? , lets see what you all think.

Got to be a Skyline in there, a Japanese DLC without a Skyline would be a travesty!

My 5 cars are:

- Lexus LFA (Hyper)
- Nissan GTR (Super)
- Mitsubishi Evo (Performance)
- Skyline (Performance)
- RX7 (Sports)

Good balance and variety there imo.

nib95

Banned
If I recall correctly, Shannow once said to me here ''I will add you on PSN cause I suck too''
Then I see all his challenges, try some, and notice he is like 10-20 seconds better than I am.

I feel cheated.. ;-)

Lol. If he's that far ahead of you it's likely the vehicle you're using for the event is less efficient for the track, or you were held back too long behind the AI pack. It's insane how much overall time is lost scraping paint and bumping in to those other racers.

Anyway, I beat his time with a top 10 global time just now. Still feel I made a fair few mistakes in the last two laps, but nvm. Just uploading to YouTube now :D

Top Bottom