• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I gained 15 pounds so I'm trying to eat better, exercise more, and cut out weeknight drinking.

How am I supposed to make it through ignorant ass reality tv without a drink?

A little whiskey never hurt anyone right?
When I stopped smoking weed regularly I stopped watching reality (well vh1 ratchet reality) shows. I think the two are connected.

go see Pacific Rim you cunts

got damn
needed more wowzer action scenes.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Fuck that wedding thread. My shitty ass father did the same shit at my college graduation. One of the biggest events of my life and you're gonna opt out because I don't have a ticket for your wife? I'm your fucking son you bloody cunt. Grab your balls back from her, suck it up for the sake of some decency left in the tattered remains of the relationship you have with child.

Fuck that wedding thread. My shitty ass father did the same shit at my college graduation. One of the biggest events of my life and you're gonna opt out because I don't have a ticket for your wife? I'm your fucking son you bloody cunt. Grab your balls back from her, suck it up for the sake of some decency left in the tattered remains of the relationship you have with child.
damn bro. let it out. not even saying this sarcastically.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Got a noise abatement order at work for the gig on monday, now i have to work during the next gig, if we get another one it's £20,000 fine (Roughly One billion merican dollahs)

I'm actually kinda nervous, i will probably cut them off after half an hour

sux man, what did you graduate

coldvein

Banned
It did have too much cheese at times, but ignoring that and the slow segments, it kinda balanced off. In any case the battles were awesome.

but the cheese and slow segments make up 80% of the movie. yes, the action scenes are fucking incredible. some of the most awesome shit ive ever seen. but thats like twenty minutes of the movie. its unfortunate that those awesome segments were tied together with garbage. i wasn't expecting some high cinema or anything, but they coulda done better. some of my friends are like "well bruh thats what the 70s anime i grew up watching was like! it totally reminded me of godzilla and ultraman and etc etc.". well its not the 70s anymore, and godzilla and ultraman suck. i'm not gonna pay $17 to go watch godzilla in a theater and be happy with it, its 2013. the movie wasn't a complete failure, but i was pretty hyped for it and felt pretty let down.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Got a noise abatement order at work for the gig on monday, now i have to work during the next gig, if we get another one it's £20,000 fine (Roughly One billion merican dollahs)

I'm actually kinda nervous, i will probably cut them off after half an hour

sux man, what did you graduate
Bachelor of Arts in psychology

but the cheese and slow segments make up 80% of the movie. yes, the action scenes are fucking incredible. some of the most awesome shit ive ever seen. but thats like twenty minutes of the movie. its unfortunate that those awesome segments were tied together with garbage. i wasn't expecting some high cinema or anything, but they coulda done better. some of my friends are like "well bruh thats what the 70s anime i grew up watching was like! it totally reminded me of godzilla and ultraman and etc etc.". well its not the 70s anymore, and godzilla and ultraman suck. i'm not gonna pay $17 to go watch godzilla in a theater and be happy with it, its 2013. the movie wasn't a complete failure, but i was pretty hyped for it and felt pretty let down.

Fair enough, I just didn't mind that as much since I kinda expected it to be like that.

I did think the problem was that it devoted too much time to characters which were just cardboard cutouts, but I still had a good time. It might not hold up as well on revisits, time will tell, I don't plan to see it again any time soon.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That dumb robot movie looks alright, but I never go to the theater these days. I'll probably never see it.

It's 95 degrees today. Fuck. I badly need to get out for some nature and beers but I might have a heatstroke riding my bike or something. Hopefully it's a peaceful way to go out.

That dumb robot movie looks alright, but I never go to the theater these days. I'll probably never see it.

It's 95 degrees today. Fuck. I badly need to get out for some nature and beers but I might have a heatstroke riding my bike or something. Hopefully it's a peaceful way to go out.

this is what bums me out about summer.. it looks so nice out but then you get out there and its like fuck

i miss spring.. i was hiking all the time

kehs

Banned
Someone's paying for my heart through layaway.

Jokes on them, my heart is shot from all the booze they're paying me to buy.

Rubbish King

grats elly

can you be my shrink

806ccf867dd2ca37f65c92d40418c06a.gif

Move on from her dude.

Yeah, I will, It´s just she was the first in a while that interested me for her intellect.Living on small islands where most of the smart girls left for better jobs/ education makes it difficult to meet someone who ins´t a fucking idiot. Sometimes I feel like an alien just because I can recognize Kubrick´s work and I know who Van Gogh was. She was one of the few peoples I felt I could talk about art in general and apparently she´s having romantic problems with a 6"1 muscled guy who doesn´t have a clue who painted Mona Lisa and my first reaction was to offer help to deal with that guy.

Minus_Me

Yeah, I will, It´s just she was the first in a while that interested me for her intellect.Living on small islands where most of the smart girls left for better jobs/ education makes it difficult to meet someone who ins´t a fucking idiot. Sometimes I feel like an alien just because I can recognize Kubrick´s work and I know who Van Gogh was. She was one of the few peoples I felt I could talk about art in general and apparently she´s having romantic problems with a 6"1 muscled guy who doesn´t have a clue who painted Mona Lisa and my first reaction was to offer help to deal with that guy.

Sounds harsh, where you from if you don't mind me asking?

Rubbish King

where do you live man

Terceira, Azores. It was the island where they had the meeting just before invading Iraq.
Sometimes its difficult getting know some more "worldly" people here but you can´t beat having a view like this just 10 min walking distance from your home. Actually, I had that a view almost like that from my work place.

It doesn't matter whether you're on an island of 100 people or right in the middle of a city with 8 million. It all comes from within, if you simp there you simp everywhere.

Beautiful dude, but I can understand your frustrations. Can't be too many people in the Azores.

The population of my island is about 55.000 right now. Most of the people of my age (27), have left the island to get college education and probably 10% get back. I´m the kind of guy who prefers a woman I can talk to and actually defies me in an intellectual level than someone who is absolutely gorgeous, so it´s actually a bit difficult for me to find someone here.

coldvein

Banned
It doesn't matter whether you're on an island of 100 people or right in the middle of a city with 8 million. It all comes from within, if you simp there you simp everywhere.

my initial reaction to this was "true".

but this is a question ive been going over in my mind a bit recently .. if you're born a simp, can you change? im not thinking of it in those particular terms .. but more like, are you born with a certain nature that you can't escape? or can you make meaningful real changes to yourself? will there always be a part of you that just IS, and will remain unchanged forever no matter what you do?

my initial reaction to this was "true".

but this is a question ive been going over in my mind a bit recently .. if you're born a simp, can you change? im not thinking of it in those particular terms .. but more like, are you born with a certain nature that you can't escape? or can you make meaningful real changes to yourself? will there always be a part of you that just IS, and will remain unchanged forever no matter what you do?
I simped but got over it.

But then I got married.

I've often dreamed about changing. But no matter how hard I try it doesn't work right.

Just today I saw so many different guys with some girls that would be considered by the average person as quite attractive. Now the guys with good looks, hot bods, nice cars I could understand but I also saw plenty of dudes who were not on the same level. I can't help but think what are they doing that I'm doing wrong. What's missing.

Minus_Me

Confidence is key. They should be lucky to be with you. You should never consider yourself below them even in the looks department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom