• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdouglas

pbr is heavenly compared to plastic bottle vodka with no chaser. Heavenly...just Heavenly. I think it would be fair to say it WAS my chaser. ehhh.

FairyD

So I have been running into a problem lately. I tend to drink quickly and lately I've been getting cut off from various bars because I would have 5 or so drinks within an hour.

What do you guys do when you get cut off? Usually I pack up and head off to a different bar, but it's been happening at multiple places. Do I need to slow down for the bartenders?

So I have been running into a problem lately. I tend to drink quickly and lately I've been getting cut off from various bars because I would have 5 or so drinks within an hour.

What do you guys do when you get cut off? Usually I pack up and head off to a different bar, but it's been happening at multiple places. Do I need to slow down for the bartenders?

This has happened to me a couple of times in cities...... I live downtown in a fairly small town across from all the bars and they all know me so it hasn't been much of an issue. I do have some advice however. Be up front when you arrive at the bar. Let them know you won't be driving or tell them you live close and it shouldn't be an issue. Although some bars are just fucking asshole about it (generally the ones who have been sued over drunken incidents)

With that being said just maintain yourself and make it clear from the beginning you are there to get drunk and will not be driving.

Seems weird to happen at multiple bars... I had it happen to me at a Red Lobster in Lafayette, IN one time and it was only going to be my third tall Bud Light and I literally just laughed at the old lady... threw down a $20 bill and left.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Drinking some beers and saying goodbye to the apartment. It's almost empty now. There's not much to miss about this place, anything new will be equal or better, but a lot happened in the past year living here. It's hard not to get a little sentimental thinking about this chapter of my life as it comes to an end, even if it kinda fuckin sucked at times. It's definitely not a year I will forget lol.

I'm ready for whatever comes next, hopefully.

I thought it was incredible, but I was also very drunk. Really want to try it sober though.

All the Korean chicks on campus love it.

I can't wait to get back to LA. Fresno is boring as shit. Oh the 19th of Jan I plan on drinking at Seven Grand with some friends. They have Jazz night on Sundays.

had to put my dog to sleep on dec 11th suddenly. er vet wouldn't even take money to do surgery saying she wouldn't survive and would be inhumane to make her go through it considering an IV of lydicane didn't even relieve her pain. Why do I still feel like I murdered her by putting her to sleep? =\ Everytime i walk around the house I think i see her.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
had to put my dog to sleep on dec 11th suddenly. er vet wouldn't even take money to do surgery saying she wouldn't survive and would be inhumane to make her go through it considering an IV of lydicane didn't even relieve her pain. Why do I still feel like I murdered her by putting her to sleep? = Everytime i walk around the house I think i see her.
Fuck. Sounds like you did the best thing you could in that shitty situation.

FairyD

This has happened to me a couple of times in cities...... I live downtown in a fairly small town across from all the bars and they all know me so it hasn't been much of an issue. I do have some advice however. Be up front when you arrive at the bar. Let them know you won't be driving or tell them you live close and it shouldn't be an issue. Although some bars are just fucking asshole about it (generally the ones who have been sued over drunken incidents)

With that being said just maintain yourself and make it clear from the beginning you are there to get drunk and will not be driving.

Seems weird to happen at multiple bars... I had it happen to me at a Red Lobster in Lafayette, IN one time and it was only going to be my third tall Bud Light and I literally just laughed at the old lady... threw down a $20 bill and left.

That's what's a bartender told me once that I need to let them know that I won't be driving. I think I will have to let them know upfront that I am taking the subway home.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the hobbit and ooh boy was that some trash.

The image fidelity of HFR is fucking outstanding but oh boy does it make composite shots look like shit. Any blended elements look like layers floating on top of eachother.

I think that old filmmaking techniques just don't apply when using that tech. It literally needs to be only uncut sustained motion sequences. Any midshot or closeups or trick of focus shots look like trash.

Had a great time though. The costumes were fab and bilbo is really funny. I thought Smaug was great too, and I was literally squirming everywhere like i had to pee as I was getting a filling done without anastehtic during the spider scene.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
"Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which."

You have 10 minutes to answer, drunk gaf.

No items, Ice Climbers only

That's what's a bartender told me once that I need to let them know that I won't be driving. I think I will have to let them know upfront that I am taking the subway home.

Yep, that should be fine. I'm not sure what city/country your in but I have never failed with the walking/sober driver line.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody know if you buy a 3d bluray and have 3d glasses and a 3d monitor if you can make your background in windows be 3d and shit

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I boight the Dredd bluray to support a sequel but its still just "ok" imo. Some of the dialogue is awful, the blood splatter is bad, and a most of the action is shit. Best things about it are the atmosphere, music, and general aesthetics.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
i saw dredd baked as fuck the first time i watched it and it was intense as fuck but i loved every second of it

just as good sober, i own the blu ray

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys ever just go "man, im like the worst poster on gaf." sometimes? Because I do.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nah, the bar is set way too low for that. Plus you're the one the best Jtwo, everyone agrees.

Anyways, so who's getting fucked up tonight? I'm sick and it's gonna be like five degrees out but we're gonna drink a bunch and watch this shoddy ball drop thing downtown. There's gonna be thousands of people there, I'm probably not gonna make it out alive.

J. Bravo

im getting hella shitty tonight. also my goal is to get this girl known as a huge prude to hook up with me. over/under on how many drinks i give her?

Minus_Me

I've been on the wagon lately and rented a chalet for new years. Forgot how much I loved skiing and the chalet has a hot tub outside which is dope in the winter. One thing that sucks is that I totally forgot that sales tax up here is 18 fucking percent, damn thing is killing me lol.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm drinking a beer. >:[

Since Thursday I've had three beers, one at the hill at sunset and 2 last night after seeing the hobbit. Feels kind of weird to back to my usual habit, but I'm gonna try to only drink one beer every two hours until sundown. Which is 6 hours so thats like 3 beers.

Gonna just try and immerse myself in DayZ and just not come up for air. Turned my iOS devices upside down and hid them under a pillow and I got my big ole headphones.

Also, I'm staying home tonight. I'm not doing anything. I know I could find an invite to a party but I just don't feel like it. It'd make me too manic tomorrow. I know if I went to a party tonight tomorrow I'd still be at a party as far as I would be concerned.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
My new years resolution is to get my PC fixed so I can play cool games like Day Z. I have access to a PlayStation but there's no replacement for good ol' fashioned PC games.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, my PSN id is velocialume I have a Vita.
Have you played tokyo jungle? how long do you have the ps3 for?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hey, my PSN id is velocialume I have a Vita.
Have you played tokyo jungle? how long do you have the ps3 for?

Yeah, Tokyo Jungle owns. I pretty much have the PS3 until me and my GF break-up since it's hers. I'm King-Snuggles on PSN. I'm thinking about making a new ID since that hyphen really bugs me.

J. Bravo

my little brother just beat infamous, a game i've been playing for years. he did it as evil and now hes going to do it as good. i'm kind of disappointed in myself. at least now I know what to get him as an early bday present

Rad-

I haven't drank in like 6 months. Holy shit I got drunk fast now- Seriously like half the bottle of red wine and I'm wasted here.

If I don't get laid tonight it's your guys's fault.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even getting laid tonight. I have like 50 issues of Y: The Last Man to read and I just got a case of beer.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dude so I've finally gotten a chance to really listen to Slow Focus, the new fuck buttons album. Its pretty damn wicked. I read they mastered the whole things themselves or whatever. That last track is a screamer but the whole thing is pretty deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom