• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I always urge people who don't usually drink wine or don't like wine to dabble in the sweeter of the divine, simply because its a much better gateway into the bitter.
But if I drink a lot of IPAs and other bitter beer do I still need the intro to reds? We had some sort of dessert red over Christmas that seemed alright. I think we had a merlot as well which I didn't like as much. Maybe I'll just drink whiskey in them.

balddemon

Banned
Full access to my computer (like admin privileges, this is mostly my mother)
Midnight curfew
No more drinking
Have to tell them what I spend money on
One other thing I can't remember atm

That's all the stuff I disagree with.

coldvein

Banned
Midnight curfew
No more drinking

damn. you've got a job, right? gtfo of there baldy

Midnight curfew
No more drinking

Sounds borderline insane. Better start looking for apartments, man. I wish you the best.

Midnight curfew
No more drinking

How old are you? Get out now.

Also
I just found out I almost got in to a fight this weekend.

balddemon

Banned
Yeah. I'm 21. Have a job that pays 8/hr and I get like 32 hours a week right now. No car so I'd have to find an apartment in the same city so I can ride my bike to work. Gonna have to find a second job I guess. No idea how to make that work unless I get a steady schedule at my current job. Luckily I can still use my parents cars.

Idk, it sucks, but I guess its what I needed to make me move on with my life.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah. I'm 21. Have a job that pays 8/hr and I get like 32 hours a week right now. No car so I'd have to find an apartment in the same city so I can ride my bike to work. Gonna have to find a second job I guess. No idea how to make that work unless I get a steady schedule at my current job. Luckily I can still use my parents cars.

Idk, it sucks, but I guess its what I needed to make me move on with my life.

Yeah, it's a good thing in the long run, at least when it comes to you becoming an independent person. I've known people whose parents didn't give them any kind of shit like that, and basically allowed them to live at home with no restrictions throughout their late teens and into their twenties. It's definitely a nice, laid back way to live, but it almost always results in baby bird staying way too long in the nest. And trust me, that does no one any good.

You gotta take the leap, even if that means working two shitty jobs and busting ass everyday to make it happen. Shit's worth it in the long run, dawg. Just be sure to always have a drug/alcohol fund on the side and you'll be set.

balddemon

Banned
Yeah, it's a good thing in the long run, at least when it comes to you becoming an independent person. I've known people whose parents didn't give them any kind of shit like that, and basically allowed them to live at home with no restrictions throughout their late teens and into their twenties. It's definitely a nice, laid back way to live, but it almost always results in baby bird staying way too long in the nest. And trust me, that does no one any good.

You gotta take the leap, even if that means working two shitty jobs and busting ass everyday to make it happen. Shit's worth it in the long run, dawg. Just be sure to always have a drug/alcohol fund on the side and you'll be set.
What sucks is if I hadn't messed up my freshman year, I'd be out of the house either graduating or about to graduate. Oh well. I'm gonna talk to my old boss and see if he can't get me my old seasonal position. Guaranteed 40 hours a week, hourly, easy, and I can still work weekends and evening shifts at my current job. Even if my parents and I do come to an agreement, I can at least get a car with my money.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The weather is some code red shit, people are panicking but I'm gonna proceed with my plans to go out. This might be my last post but at least I didn't live my life in fear of death.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's 30 degrees, which isn't bad, but the precipitation level is at 100% and icy slush is falling from the sky. My chrome weather extension has a winter warning alert in red, pretty scary. Hopefully I go through the windshield or get crushed by a semi or some shit so it's at least quick.

You should some fucking pigs in a blanket, that shit sounds amazing right now.

Minus_Me

Decided to make a think crust pizza and some sweet potato fries.

Its 43 degrees in Montreal, a total respite considering it was -31 last week.

balddemon

Banned
Yeah its 25F here with a windchill of 5F. No lie. Way too damn cold. I'm gonna negotiate with my parents because I don't wanna deal with moving out while on probation.

balddemon

Banned
I'm going to end my mom. She goes digging around in my room pretending to straighten up my shoes as thanks for doing the dishes. Which she did, but she also took the 6 pack I had in my closet. Wtf is this shit.

Watching Daria. Just got the DVD set yesterday. I can't believe no one told me that the original music isn't present.
what the fuck

and bro, move out asap. not necessarily because of parent drama and shit but the second you *do* move out, you'll think to yourself, "why didn't I do this sooner?!?!?"

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Dat feel when you want to play a song in drop tunings but your guitar that hasnt got floyd rose is 300 miles away

I'm going to end my mom. She goes digging around in my room pretending to straighten up my shoes as thanks for doing the dishes. Which she did, but she also took the 6 pack I had in my closet. Wtf is this shit.

.....How old are you?!

coldvein

Banned

hahaha. you need to move, stat. you can do it bro.

seriously though, dont kill your mom. its weird, but im certain that there will come a day when some gaf dude goes on a shooting rampage, and gaf will be in the headlines.

Closet is too obvious. Get some strong duct tape and hide them underneath your porch. And if don't have a porch... well you're own your own with that one.

Also, you gotta hide each beer in a different location so that you don't lose all six at once.

windz

Closet is too obvious. Get some strong duct tape and hide them underneath your porch. And if don't have a porch... well you're own your own with that one.

Also, you gotta hide each beer in a different location so that you don't lose all six at once.

This is very good advice. However, you may run into a situation where you're half gone and end up forgetting where you hid your liquor...then you play a fun game of "find the booze" at 1am.

Good times.

Oh yeah, my parents let me drink in the house now. :p

I don't know why the fuck it was an issue two years ago.

But my parents are kinda nutty so whatever.

Wool

Midnight curfew
No more drinking

That is a pretty strict list of demands. Your parents are mormons though aren't they? You gotta get out of there.

A couple years ago there was that big thread about the guy who's religious parents went on his computer and found out he is an atheist and goes on neogaf. I think his username was "easylink" or something?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

THIS

Top of the wardrobe right at the back, in your wellies/big shoes, dont limit hiding places to your room, garages/instrument cases, hell under the sofas a pretty good one, that's where my vodka used to go

That is a pretty strict list of demands. Your parents are mormons though aren't they? You gotta get out of there.

A couple years ago there was that big thread about the guy who's religious parents went on his computer and found out he is an atheist and goes on neogaf. I think his username was "easylink" or something?
OH SHIT I remember that.

Whatever happened to that guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom