• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trying to be cool!

tumblr_m7hg2fKaki1qj7pe3.gif

Does such a thing deserve punishment!?

I want to bail out to Costa Rica and work private security whilst wearing a tommy bahama shirt.

I swear to God security guards are the laziest guys here.

It's a nice place. If you ever happen to come by don't let the cab drivers know you're "gringos" (to people here all native English speaking people are gringos :p) They will charge you twice the amount. Also, don't buy anything at tourist spots or airport souvenirs. It's all a scam! lol

They overcharge your people so much!

Mully

You guys ever get drunk and really high after covering the Presidential debate at Hofstra only to realize you have a deadline in just a few hours and you haven't wrote shit?

Yep. I'm fucked.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Watching homeland and she said "he's been tying to call you all afternoon" and I go its not the afternoon,

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You guys ever get drunk and really high after covering the Presidential debate at Hofstra only to realize you have a deadline in just a few hours and you haven't wrote shit?

Yep. I'm fucked.

CNN.com -> copy and paste -> done.

It's 7:30am and I'm sitting in the dark, eating goldfish crackers.

sphinx

the piano man
regarding that "never seeing a friend again" story.

you are right, everyone, I was/am being overdramatic :p, I think even my friend, the one in question, she'd say " hey, come on, just chill and... stop that" hahahaha :D, if she knew what I thought or felt.

lessons learned: not share that kind of stuff over the internet, that's the kind of chat you have over coffee with one good friend. People/random strangers on the internet, possibly with worse life situations than the one I expose and no background info, will hardly show sympathy and people being assholes and laughing at it aren't worth typing about, so I'll leave it there.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

you are right, everyone, I was/am being overdramatic :p, I think even my friend, the one in question, she'd say " hey, come on, just chill and... stop that" hahahaha :D, if she knew what I thought or felt.

lessons learned: not share that kind of stuff over the internet, that's the kind of chat you have over coffee with one good friend. People/random strangers on the internet, possibly with worse life situations than the one I expose and no background info, will hardly show sympathy and people being assholes and laughing at it aren't worth typing about, so I'll leave it there.

If you presented the story in a realistic fashion you would have plenty of sympathy. But you put this melodramatic spin on it, use words like "goodbye forever", talk about hand-holding moonlight walks, and then end the story with "she got on a plane and I don't wanna skype her..IT'S NOT DA SAME". Alright, well, what exactly can we say? Anyone can identify with your situation, it isn't exactly unique or out of this world. But the kind of reaction you're looking for from people, whether in real life or on the internet, is a bit unfair.

It's good you see it. Sometimes one overreacts to things a bit. Been there. People just didn't react like you expected, just put it behind you. Everyone makes mistakes. It doesn't mean you have to completely stop posting. It's not like you were banned :p

Mully

CNN.com -> copy and paste -> done.

It's 7:30am and I'm sitting in the dark, eating goldfish crackers.

It's 9:44AM and I'm done and got a hangover. I need weed and salt water stat.

Here's my drunken/high article.

Security and excitement were on high alert Tuesday night at Hofstra University as Presidential candidates Barack Obama and Mitt Romney converged onto the campus to intensely debate a plethora of topics for the second time in just a few weeks.

On multiple occasions Romney and Obama broke free from the perceived notion that a town-hall style debate is friendlier, and directly attacked the other candidate. The attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and the county’s economic situation brought out the most fire from each contender and both were adamant at getting their point across by interrupting one another and pleading for more time from debate moderator and CNN reporter Candy Crowley.

The debate began with the most relatable issue for young voters: unemployment among college graduates. Governor Romney explained that he’d like to continue the growth of the Pell grant program and make higher education more affordable. President Obama laid out a plan that would focus on creating and saving jobs in manufacturing, changing the tax code, and giving tax incentives to companies that hire Americans.

Not satisfied with either candidate’s answer, Crowley refocused the question on how each of them would help the 40% of unemployed that have been without a job for more than six months.

Romney attacked the Obama Administration’s handling of General Motors and Chrysler and stated that his five-point plan can create twelve million jobs for Americans. The President retorted that Romney’s five-point plan boils down to a one point plan that would ensure “folks at the top play by a different set of rules.” Throughout the rest of the debate, both candidates used the twelve questions given by undecided voters as launching pads to attack the other candidate’s missteps and policies.

When asked about the attack on the US Consulate in Libya which killed four United States servicemen, including a US ambassador to Libya, President Obama took full responsibility. The president explained that they are still investigating what happened in Benghazi on September 11, 2012 and that immediately after the attack he commanded his assistants to “…beef up security and procedures, [and] not just in Libya, but at every consulate and embassy around the world.”

The president went on to ridicule the Romney campaign’s decision to use the terrorist attack as a political talking point.

Governor Romney explained that the attack on the consulate was just another example of failed foreign policy by the Obama administration and criticized the press release by the White House in the days after the incident which explained that the attack was a “spontaneous demonstration”, not an “act of terror”.

“And there was no demonstration involved. It was a terrorist attack and it took a long time for that to be told to the American people. Whether there was some misleading, or instead whether we just didn’t know what happened, you have to ask yourself why didn’t we know five days later…” Said Romney.

However, moderator Crowley explained that in fact the President used the phrase, “act of terror” in the speech at the White House Rose Garden days after the attack.

Obama went on to state that the White House did not mislead the public. “And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N. Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we’ve lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That’s not what we do. That’s not what I do as president, that’s not what I do as Commander in Chief.” Stated the president.

Outside the David S. Mack Sports Complex prior to the debate, there was a more relaxed atmosphere. Many students took advantage of Hofstra’s second consecutive foray in the Presidential debate to bring awareness to real as well as comedic issues.
Certain students were seen holding up signs protesting hydraulic fracturing for natural gas in upstate New York, and the recent Supreme Court decision in favor of Super PACs. Other students brought awareness to the gay marriage debate and gender pay equality. Even a documentary filmmaker stopped by the media-packed campus to film students’ opinions towards the way presidential campaigns are run and what they want out of a president.

Sarcastic undergrads protested passionately, by making out for over an hour simply for “peace.” While others held signs stating “Romney doesn’t believe in gravity”, “KONY 2012”, and “Ron Paul is a Pokémon.” Even The Rent is Too Goddamn High Party perennial candidate James McMillan was there to explain, that the rent is too goddamn high.
Radio engineer for Hofstra’s campus radio station WRHU, Joe Hutter, commented that the atmosphere “resembled a circus.”

However the air of enthusiasm and irony that overtook the campus for the day quickly eroded as the debate approached. Students and faculty, media, and members of the Hempstead community who were not lucky enough to watch the debate inside Hofstra’s basketball arena took shelter inside the many viewing parties dotted around the campus.

A seminar was held at the John Cranford Adams Playhouse before the viewing party and debate; which covered a multitude of topics including the effects of social media on debate viewers, how different broadcast outlets affect the perceptions of each candidate, and what a viewer should look for during the debate.

Many members of the audience felt Indiana University Communications chair and NPR contributor, Dr. Mary Kahl’s advice on how to watch the debate was very helpful.

“Whenever I watch a debate I find myself looking at my phone or tuning out. [Dr. Kahl’s] tips really helped me stay focused. I was picking things up I never noticed before”, said Adrian Hakkert, a Dutch exchange student.

With new-found knowledge and a free cup of tea provided by MSNBC, excited observers quickly ran back to their seats after a brief intermission between the seminar and viewing party. As if it were New Year’s Eve, the audience began counting down the final seconds before the debate and rang it in with a thunderous applause. Throughout the debate, both sides of the political aisle could be heard cheering for support as each candidate took shots at the other.

“I am jealous of the people that got [into the Mack Sports Complex], but I think we had a better time here”, said Samantha Teano, a single mother of two. “I knew who I was going to vote for before the debate, and this really helped me feel confident about my decision.”

Hofstra president Stuart Rabinowitz was delighted to host the Presidential Debate for a second consecutive time an hoped to host a third consecutive presidential debate in 2016 in a speech given minutes before the debate.

The final presidential debate of the 2012 campaign will be on Monday, October 22, at 9PM at Lynne University in Boca Raton, Florida. The debate will mainly focus on foreign policy.

sphinx

the piano man
If you presented the story in a realistic fashion you would have plenty of sympathy. But you put this melodramatic spin on it, use words like "goodbye forever", talk about hand-holding moonlight walks, and then end the story with "she got on a plane and I don't wanna skype her..IT'S NOT DA SAME". Alright, well, what exactly can we say? Anyone can identify with your situation, it isn't exactly unique or out of this world. But the kind of reaction you're looking for from people, whether in real life or on the internet, is a bit unfair.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, but I gotta say this post once again (for the 20th time maybe with all other posts) confirms why that stuff doesn't belong in internet forums. I didn't say I don't want to skype/mail/whastup' her. It was about two people that are musicians that will probably never ever perform together on stage, ever, that's what makes me all emotional. Damn you people think I am out of my mind or something.

That being said, the text I wrote in that thread wasn't really thought out, because I was in tress so it was all misleading and wrong, I can see that and it turned into a trainwreck.

and to conclude, I disagree greatly on one point. Internet isn't sympathetic even when the info isn't misleading or unclear, people want to think that their pain is worse than yours so you'll always get the butthurt assholes that will laugh at your pain cause theirs is greater.

Internet Person A: "Guys, lost my job, don't know what to do"
Internet People B,C,D,E,..."Well look for another fucking job and stop crying, some of us have been looking for years with no luck, quit whining"

Sure, some have sympathy, as not everyone is a sore butthurt loser, thank god, but otherwise prepare for people laughing at your worries and posting funny gifs, no matter how big or small they are.

Dyno

images

A girl left one of these in my fridge at a party. It's a Rekorderlig mixed berry cider from Sweden. Nectar of the Gods in the form of a cool, cool beverage. So tasty. I don't know if I would go a whole night on these but I bought a few more to have around the house.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That wasn't your drink, dude. What are you gonna do when she comes around for it?

AcridMeat

Banned
images

A girl left one of these in my fridge at a party. It's a Rekorderlig mixed berry cider from Sweden. Nectar of the Gods in the form of a cool, cool beverage. So tasty. I don't know if I would go a whole night on these but I bought a few more to have around the house.
Holy FUCK I want that.

Wait sphinx, your rants were about not being able to perform together, not her moving away and you losing contact? That's what I thought it was about. You shouldn't look to this forum as the sympathy boat. People don't like livejournal threads, unless there is an entertaining/funny story attached to it ALA wispy/hannah hotel. What you're arguing is that you want people to sit quiet and read your hardship and keep their mouths shut. I can see the significance in your life for the situation, it just doesn't translate to anyone easily. The language sounded more grave than what the situation actually is, hence dramatic. Yes it sucks, I understand that. Like I said before you can't post something in a public forum and expect everyone to act/react as you want them to.

Work emailed, rather than 3 days I have 1. Guess this is me again.
C4px0.png

coldvein

Banned
Yeah. It helps cure a hangover immediately. Drink two spoonfuls of salt in water and then eat eggs and you're hangover will go away within 15 minutes.

all of these hangover cures are bullshit im afraid. at least for me. :\

if there was one true hangover cure everybody would be drunk all the time and society would crumble. i hope they invent that soon.

DangerStepp

Word, my hangovers last all day and progressively get worse until I go to the bed the next night.

Currently enjoying a bottle of this
220px-HobgoblinBeer.jpg

Fuck yeah.
What region would I find this in?

I've been sucking down Sam Adams' Octoberfest all Fall long.

I didn't read your book report there, Mully, but it certainly looks long and complicated enough to scare anyone away from questioning your authenticity.

coldvein

Banned
the best hangover cure i've found is - wake up, drink a few glasses of water, take a fair amount of whatever type of benzodiazepine you have laying around, sleep six to eight hours, wake up, eat, watch the princess bride and then empire strikes back. sleep 10 more hours and YOURE BACK

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
images

Those things are like sex in a bottle. Shame they charge $6+ each here

jakncoke

Banned
i wouldnt count it as a meme, a minor lol amongst nfl-age that spread to other sports-ages that kinda leaked outside to other gafs but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom