• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread? drunk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxword

Vagabundo said:
Hai guys, why don't u start posting photos of yourselves in compromising positions...

Like anyone cares what my drunk ass looks like.

rlsZu.jpg

balddemon

Banned
I'll be back in here later tonight...though not as shitfaced as last week. Unless someone buys me some more to drink. I hate not being 21 :(

ikkemenx

balddemon said:
I'll be back in here later tonight...though not as shitfaced as last week. Unless someone buys me some more to drink. I hate not being 21 :(

Come to Canada, fool. It's 18 in most places.

Rikkun

16 in Italy for beer, 18 for everything else.

Hai guys, there was a super-sweet 18 party here so when they left there were some unopened beers. So...

All the 18ish girls talking to me like I was 30 just because I wear light beard and a tie, damn you
LLShC.gif

ikkemenx

Rikkun said:
16 in Italy for beer, 18 for everything else.

Hai guys, there was a super-sweet 18 party here so when they left there were some unopened beers. So...

All the 18ish girls talking to me like I was 30 just because I wear light beard and a tie, damn you
LLShC.gif

How does one talk to somebody like they are 18? And 16 for beer? Italy does it right.

Rikkun

ikkemenx said:
How does one talk to somebody like they are 18? And 16 for beer? Italy does it right.
Yes 16 for every light drink, like beer, bacardi breezer and similar.

And it's just in italian, whn you talk to higher in grade / older people you use the female third person.

So in english you say to your boss "good evening, how are you?"
And in Italian it's like "Good evening, how is she doing?"

It can seem strange but that's it. And when people of your age insist using this just because you're working makes me feel kinda old and weird.

ikkemenx

Rikkun said:
Yes 16 for every light drink, like beer, bacardi breezer and similar.

And it's just in italian, whn you talk to higher in grade / older people you use the female third person.

So in english you say to your boss "good evening, how are you?"
And in Italian it's like "Good evening, how is she doing?"

It can seem strange but that's it. And when people of your age insist using this just because you're working makes me feel kinda old and weird.

Ah, interesting! This is going to sound stupid/ignorant, but is the reason you know English because of the public school system? I know in Europe lots of languages are taught and the average person will know like 3 languages, but if this is the case it really blows me away. The second-language education and immersion programs here don't ever result in a person speaking as fluently as you are now.

Barnaby_Jones said:
In person it's more of a gold/caramel colour and the colour scheme is based on cigars which is what the side panels are meant to represent. In person, the colours blend a hell of a lot better too. Apparently the leather sides are meant to wear away into a tobbaco-esque design which I presume will be more brown suede. They cost an arm and a leg though; Gonna have to go a lil hungry for a week I think. £75, most I've spent on a pair in a long while.

You need to post a pic of these when they've got a few months of wear under their belt then. If the manufacturer is factoring in how they'll look after being worn for a while as part of their selling point, it'll be interesting to see if ... well, you know what I mean. I'm too drunk to carry on :lol

Rikkun

ikkemenx said:
Ah, interesting! This is going to sound stupid/ignorant, but is the reason you know English because of the public school system? I know in Europe lots of languages are taught and the average person will know like 3 languages, but if this is the case it really blows me away. The second-language education and immersion programs here don't ever result in a person speaking as fluently as you are now.

Yes, I started studying english when I was 6. Luckily I was really interested because of Super Mario 64, I thought all those signs could tell me how to find hidden stars.. so I used to play while trying to translate with a vocabulary. So videogames are the reason, Mario64 and Zelda OOT on top. Playstation here reached its status also thanks to the translations. Poorly made, but everyone could play. After that I started watching movies and series with original dubs.

But still, I'm not that good. I'm still one of the best among people I know, I was the best in my class and all but they usually teach you only the basics. I guess every other country studies English from elementary school, we really need it here... and usually people knowing 3 languages just travel a lot or live on the borders or have parents coming from different countries.

ikkemenx

Rikkun said:
Yes, I started studying english when I was 6. Luckily I was really interested because of Super Mario 64, I thought all those signs could tell me how to find hidden stars.. so I used to play while trying to translate with a vocabulary. So videogames are the reason, Mario64 and Zelda OOT on top. Playstation here reached its status also thanks to the translations. Poorly made, but everyone could play. After that I started watching movies and series with original dubs.

But still, I'm not that good. I'm still one of the best among people I know, I was the best in my class and all but they usually teach you only the basics. I guess every other country studies English from elementary school, we really need it here... and usually people knowing 3 languages just travel a lot or live on the borders or have parents coming from different countries.

That's really impressive! That you got to that level through personal interest and pursuits mostly. You say you're not that good but (in my opinion, as English is also my second language) English is a pretty hard language to learn and if they don't teach you much in class then I'd say you're great. I can only hope to get my Japanese up to the level your English is at :p.

Bread

Banned
I didn't even mean to click on this thread, it's like it was meant to be. I'm drinking a bunch of Sam Adams Octoberfests tonight, what about you guys?

Rikkun

ikkemenx said:
That's really impressive! That you got to that level through personal interest and pursuits mostly. You say you're not that good but (in my opinion, as English is also my second language) English is a pretty hard language to learn and if they don't teach you much in class then I'd say you're great. I can only hope to get my Japanese up to the level your English is at :p.
I think I'll seriously try with japanese, I keep on hearing italian is one of the hardest languages to learn and properly use.
And it's pretty similar to japanese in terms of pronounce so it could be easy.

PS: a girl just came out because she couldn't sleep. Same age, blablabla, talk for an hour, takes a drink then goes to bed without leaving number. damn.

Copernicus said:
fucking drunk thread.

I just got in touch with my ex.

FUCK YOU.

ikkemenx

Rikkun said:
I think I'll seriously try with japanese, I keep on hearing italian is one of the hardest languages to learn and properly use.
And it's pretty similar to japanese in terms of pronounce so it could be easy.

PS: a girl just came out because she couldn't sleep. Same age, blablabla, talk for an hour, takes a drink then goes to bed without leaving number. damn.

At the hotel? Doesn't that mean she hasn't gone anywhere? ;)

I kid, I kid.

Rikkun

ikkemenx said:
At the hotel? Doesn't that mean she hasn't gone anywhere? ;)

I kid, I kid.

She had the 35yo boyfriend sleeping in the room.
If she was alone I'd have two tongues now, said she'll be back someday hopefully so I'll wait. I guess some day I'll have a chick marathon, I'm already
fainting

Rikkun

Copernicus said:
What the fuck do i do?

Me: Hi

Her: Hi

Me: FUCK YOU COPERNICUS

You started? You are clearly a bad person. Did you throw her out of the window because you was banging the RL equivalent of girl-gaf, in terms of number?

EDIT: You banged her? ARE YOU CURRAZY

Good job man, now never see her again please.

kehs

Banned
Rikkun said:
Me: FUCK YOU COPERNICUS

You started? You are clearly a bad person. Did you throw her out of the window because you was banging the RL equivalent of girl-gaf, in terms of number?

I've read you post FIVE times, and I have no idea what you mean.

No I haven't banged her in the past 18-24 months.

Bread

Banned
Copernicus it sounds like you need a hooker, I know a good one on here his name's blame space you should say hello.

kehs

Banned
Bread said:
Copernicus it sounds like you need a hooker, I know a good one on here his name's blame space you should say hello.

blame space never provides the proper service a 7.25 dollars an hour hoe should.

Rikkun

Copernicus said:
I've read you post FIVE times, and I have no idea what you mean.

No I haven't banged her in the past 18-24 months.

I can't remeber, sorry.

But really, the only way you can see her is for some action. Only once. Hopefully you had some other action in the past 18-24 months

Copernicus said:
blame space never provides the proper service a 7.25 dollars an hour hoe should.
They don't make minimum wage silly. You're overpaying. They make the tipped minimum wage which is like 2.15 an hour.

ikkemenx

SteveWinwood said:
They don't make minimum wage silly. You're overpaying. They make the tipped minimum wage which is like 2.15 an hour.

In what fucked-up place is minimum wage 7.25? It's 10.25 here. But our money is worth less I suppose, and shit is pretty expensive here.

kehs

Banned
SteveWinwood said:

blamespace is a waitress? I thought he was a prestigious bugger flipper.

Rikkun: I don't want her for once...=(

but I don't want her at all. =*(

ikkemenx said:
In what fucked-up place is minimum wage 7.25? It's 10.25 here. But our money is worth less I suppose, and shit is pretty expensive here.
The federal rate is that in... USA USA USA
247BE.jpg

True fact the first time the USA chant was used was on miracle on ice.

Hunter S.

Bread said:
I didn't even mean to click on this thread, it's like it was meant to be. I'm drinking a bunch of Sam Adams Octoberfests tonight, what about you guys?

<3 This needs to beer made year around and not just as a seasonal. Wake up Samuel adams you fools.

Bread

Banned
Hunter S Thompson said:
<3 This needs to beer made year around and not just as a seasonal. Wake up Samuel adams you fools.
to be honest it's my least favorite of the Sam Adams seasonals :/

I'm a Winter Lager man.

Hunter S.

Bread said:
to be honest it's my least favorite of the Sam Adams seasonals :/

I'm a Winter Lager man.

That's cool, but it is the most popular seasonal they have overall. I am drinking an Irish red sam adams, it sucks , but it will do.

So I bought a bunch of booze and then my friends bailed on my party (forever alone). So it looks like I'll be drink'n alone tonight (w/ my gf - who cares!). So I most likely will be slurring via text here.

J.ceaz

Darknessbear said:
So I bought a bunch of booze and then my friends bailed on my party (forever alone). So it looks like I'll be drink'n alone tonight (w/ my gf - who cares!). So I most likely will be slurring via text here.

If you wanna be startin somethin, you better be startin something.

big ander

How depressed does the normal person get while drunk/after drinking? Booze only makes me feel good for maybe an hour and then everything turns into a shithole and I hate everyone I talk to and want to drink until I black out.

im never really depressed while im drinking its usually the morning after lol

has anyone tried mad dog 20/20? i was listening to an elliott smith song with that as the title the other day and saw it in the liquor store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom