• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend a linen wool and mohair blend

MQGRVcu.jpg

Has a nice crisp yet slubby texture

so i'm talking to my father in law about baby things and i said i was tired due to a lack of sleep and he said, quoting 'well you should have thought about that before you pulled your dick out'.

thanks dad. i'm sure your daughter appreciates the sentiment.

Lazyslob

Banned
i dont know what that means.

okay sometimes i hang my clothes and i have too much hangers and then sometimes i dont have enough.

hoggert

god damn i love me some boch

love those pics btw mac. the fabric is wonderful bet the sheen 100% baller on the irls. mohair you really need to see.

only blazers worth wearing are linen cotton mixes in this weather imo but i have very much fallen into the unstructured linen/canvas/cotton/polymix/whatever fad that will probably last two or three more years before people are like "this isn't wool, it isn't going to last as long as wool, i need to clean it more than wool, why did i spend 700 dollars on something that uniqlo put out a copy of for 100 the next season, etc."

Lazyslob

Banned
Okay to be honest i've always wanted to buy a nice suit. i now have the money to buy a good one, i think. I dont really have an opportunity to ever wear one and i've always been... like...i dont know how to call it other than dirty and poor, haha. omg am i getting real here?

yeah the grey one has a subtle sheen that doesn't really come across in the pics. i need more mohair in my life but it's hard to come by at a non-hurt price. burberry london has it a lot but i never see that shit on sale in my size (38r).

I like ramie too, a little stiffer than linen (but not much) and a pinch of sheen, same breathability. this was in florida in may:

never fucked with the technical fabrics for tailored wear but i'm not opposed to it, i have a couple of poly jackets that feel great in the heat ��

Okay to be honest i've always wanted to buy a nice suit. i now have the money to buy a good one, i think. I dont really have an opportunity to ever wear one and i've always been... like...i dont know how to call it other than dirty and poor, haha. omg am i getting real here?
if you're not in a hurry and can set aside a few hundo, you can regularly get $1500-$2000 suits at the end of sales season that will make you look like a god.

Lazyslob

Banned
i dont like your suit. im not trying to be mean, but i think dark suits look dope. like dark suit white shirt and whatever tie.

light suits always make me think you are trying too hard.

i like they way burberry london fits me, and paul smith does the slanted pocket thing (and ticket pocket) which for some reason upsets me greatly. i like android-straight cuts and detail for the most part. if ck collection did mohair with any regularity I would be in heaven.

Lazyslob

Banned
Well im not the most stylish of people. I either wear all black or like a white tshirt and black pants, haha.

Only problem is that i really would never have an opportunity to wear something nice. dates and shit i really just wear my regular attire(above). ill figure it out.

are there names brands that i should avoid or be like "yes!" to? there is this suit place at my local mall and i was talking to the guys that work there and they wanted to take my measurements but i wanted to buy a video game and was like "NO" and walked way quickly.

Edit: i dont know if they wanted that but i kind of wanted to bounce. my friend tailored his suit there, but the question still stands!

really depends on how much you want to spend and what you have available. I think topman blazers are pretty nice (interesting details and fit), though they are cut super fucking small and not super cheap.

hoggert

topman yeah but super slim im a 36r and barely fit in em
uniqlo
indochino steve nash collection lol
jcrew

please don't buy from men's wearhouse or some other buy1get1free unless its for like weddings were you dont want to hit up a bridesmaid just there to be there and get drunk

oh and a lot of the brands those outlet places carry aren't that bad (CK, Boss, armani, etc.) it's just what they're selling is the equiv. of walmart levis

Lazyslob

Banned
thanks for your honest answers, freenudemacusers.

and thank you for not shunning me when i was being an ass about your suit preferences.

ill probably check out something next weekend

oh and a lot of the brands those outlet places carry aren't that bad (CK, Boss, armani, etc.) it's just what they're selling is the equiv. of walmart levis

well is it so bad? im down for a discount. a friend of mine wanted to take me to a warehouse in la because they sell... fuck what was it.... i think american apparel for super cheap. like at the actual warehouse where they make that shit. he says it's cheaper. i dono.

dept store ck isn't much in the way of high quality goods but at least it does fit nicely if you go the 'slim' route. can't say the same for a lot of low end suits with their saggy armholes and blobby shapes.

thanks for your honest answers, freenudemacusers.

and thank you for not shunning me when i was being an ass about your suit preferences.

ill probably check out something next weekend
'hate' and 'trying too hard' are pretty mild criticisms in terms of fashion forums lol. shit gets catty fast.

hoggert

mac i just realized you said you were upset about ticket pockets

even my coats have ticket pockets

pistols at sundown or sunrise

Lazyslob

Banned
dept store ck isn't much in the way of high quality goods but at least it does fit nicely if you go the 'slim' route. can't say the same for a lot of low end suits with their saggy armholes and blobby shapes.

is that towards me? well, if it's kind of everyday wear i dont give a shit. im a pretty plain dresser. from what i hear its not bad like you are going to get 3 arm holes or something.

not really, just saying that IME your typical jcpenny/men's wearhouse tier suit leaves a lot to be desired. strangely places like h&m and co, even though their stuff usually cheaper, is much better in terms of fit.

if they (they = this tailoring place) are taking measurements and cutting to your shape i'd assume it's decently form fitting but i don't know. those things can go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom