• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS buyers are you keeping your GBA SP?

Be a while before I buy the DS, but the SP just fits in the pocket better. The DS, with the inevitable case that I will buy, seems more like a backpack\briefcase kind thing. Same with the PSP.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
umm.. my SP will get NO play once I get my DS.. but trading it in.. hmm... eh, possibly eventually I would trade it in, but right now it still sees a couple of multiplayer sessions and still gets hooked up to the GCN for some zelda and FF:CC.

Jonnyram

Hell yes! I don't think I'll be able to conceal the DS in my pocket when I sneak off to the toilets at work for a quick gaming sesh :) Besides, I've got 3 SPs, so you can probably tell I'm not the kind of person that needs to get rid of one.

Ramirez

Thinking of selling it,I barely play it anyways,haven't bought a new game in months...I want to play The Minish Cap and thats about it,so yea I think I'll sell it and pick up a DS down the road.

ge-man

Keep your SPs if you still play regular GB games. I know that there are few I still like to pick up once in awhile.

rawk

Keeping it, for GB, GBC, multiplayer, and connectivity games. How would I play Pac-Man Vs. without my SP?

Tritroid

I might trade in my old SP towards the new Zelda Gold SP and then buy a DS anyway.

So yeah, I'll keep at least one SP.

Scrow, awesome avatar! *thumbs up*

And no, I wont trade in my GBA SP, and if they go cheap enough, I might end up picking up another one... or two

Heck, I still have the original GBA

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not getting a DS at launch, but even when I do, I still plan on keeping both of my GBAs. Getting rid of them would be ridiculous, they're too cool for school!

ge-man

borghe said:
so wait... does DS work with GB(C) games? if not then OF COURSE I'm keeping my SP.

It doesn't. I hope more consumer' understand this before doing a trade. They'll be kicking themselves.

The Faceless Master said:
keeping my brick, my gbc, my gba and my sp...

I forgot that some of you guys have these huge piles of videogame "stuff" in your rooms.

I'm getting rid of mine. Just like I got rid of my GBA when I got an SP. I haven't looked back either. :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
adelgary said:
Scrow, awesome avatar! *thumbs up*
thanks. i sourced it from this image...

Mendoza_Cel.JPG

And played around with it in photoshop :)

The other thing I dont like about the SP is the way you have to hold is so crapmed it hurts my wrists after playing for a while.

I didn't have that problem with the original GBA.
I'll hope the DS gives me the best of both worlds.

Meier

Will probably keep mine since it's the limited edition NES one and it looks so cool. If I intend to play an SP game only, I'd likely bring that along since it's so much smaller and easier to transport.

Otherwise, it'd be good for trading Pokémon between units.

pdk27

Already traded in my SP and some GBA games I don't play anymore to pay for the DS. I've got my GBA + Afterburner to keep me occupied until DS arrives.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not sure, since the GBA SP is already not really worth trading in for what Gamestop/EB would give for it, but I doubt I'll play it again anyway.

Acosta

SP is smaller that DS and PSP and have more battery, I use it a lot for long travels and so, so, no. I will keep mine, will give me more possibilities to maintain me entertained once I run out of power with PSP and DS.

seismologist said:
I forgot that some of you guys have these huge piles of videogame "stuff" in your rooms.

I'm getting rid of mine. Just like I got rid of my GBA when I got an SP. I haven't looked back either. :)
i'd still have my NES if i didn't give it away when i moved to NYC

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if DS doesn't play GBC games, then I guess I'll have to keep the SP just for TetrisDX. I really can't believe Nintendo never released an updated version for GBA

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I can't believe Nintendo isn't including GBC support.. I mean geez.. by now you'd have to imagine a GBC chip is the size of a tictac and costs like $.09 to manufacture..

bastards....

Joeholley

I will keep it because a) it's the NES LE and b) I still haven't gotten a chance to get together with the guys and finish Zelda: FSA. Crunch-time wreaks havoc on your ability to coordinate multiplayer gaming :(

Memles

Haven't decided yet...would only REALLY be keeping it for Animal Crossing, which I never play, so...it might get pawned off, or it might now. I'm not picking up my DS until next Spring, so plenty of time. Will be playing Minish Cap on it, unless it has the rumored DS Exclusive features.

Nester

I just found out that my Lime Green GBA SP is going for more then a regular GBA SP is on Ebay, so I'll probably sell it there. I still have my import Silver SP and my NES SP, so I don't think I'll miss it too much.

Kenobi

I'm keeping mine, simply because it's that pokemon orange.

By the way, are the nintendo DS' gonna be universal like the SP and regular Advance?

Top Bottom